Unofficial Portkey Archive

Absence by diggingupophelia
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Absence

diggingupophelia

A/N: I wanted to put this in the last chapter, but it wasn't turning out the way I wanted it to, frankly it still isn't perfect, but I am going to post it with the hopes that your feed back will help me to make it better.

Hermione…

Hermione feigned sleep while she listened to her husband's footsteps walk away from her forever. She knew he would never be coming back to her, and for a moment she hated him for it. She hated him for leaving her alone; he swore to her…she couldn't think anymore about the past, it wouldn't do to dwell on dreams she could never have. Instead she curled herself up into the fetal position and held herself, tears falling freely from her eyes mourning the loss she hadn't even suffered yet. All night she cried, she only stopped when her daughter Lily bounded in the room, tears streaming down her own face, "Mummy, I had a dream about the man with the green eyes again…he was sad and alone and he was screaming the most awful kind of scream, like Uncle Remus from the dungeons of Hoggywarts"

Hermione smiled, "Hogwarts, darling…come on I'll tuck you back in to bed" she led Lily back to her room, tucking the girl in stroking her busy black hair until the girl fell into the waiting arms of sleep. Hermione fell asleep crouched on the floor next to her daughter still stroking her hair and she found herself had a dream about the man with the green eyes…

"I love you Hermione"

"I love you too, Harry" his felt smooth on her tongue.

"Now, you're sure about this?"

Her only response was to kiss his soft and supple lips and pull him down onto her body. The clumsily removed each other's robes and cast them to the side. She pushed him down to the ground and pulled his tie off, then he did the same to her, they played this game one garment at a time until they were sitting before each other with nothing left to hide behind.

Harry gently pushed Hermione down onto his plush four poster bed in the corner of the Gryffindor dormitory. He kissed her lips, then her neck, trailing kisses down her body making certain stops along the way. She was shocked when he lingered over her erect nipples sucking them and gently flicking them with his tongue, earning himself a deep pleasure-full moan from her rose petal pink lips. She ran her hands through his hair and only let go when he reached her warm center. Harry kissed and caressed every part of her sex with his tongue, savoring the moment when she started to shake. He kissed his way back up her body…. And then he transformed into a pile of ash before her, nothing left but glasses…glasses and the image of his deep green eyes

Hermione woke with a start, her heart was pounding in her chest and tears were welling in her eyes, but she was not sure for whom she cried. If she had listened to her heart, she would have known she was crying for herself. She had that dream so many times…

Hermione was pulled from her thoughts by the tapping of Hedwig at the window. She knew what news the owl had dragged with her from where ever it was she had come. The envelope was black, with silver scrawl, it was addressed to Hermione Granger, no on had called her that in four years, and with out breaking the seal of black wax bearing the Ministry seal, she knew her Ron was dead, gone to join her Harry, while she was left alone to care for all of their children. The children she thought are the only reason I don't turn my wand on myself. None of her children would fully understand what happened to Ron, yet, she would tell them he was gone of course, but they wouldn't understand.

Hermione wanted her children with her now, she went to each of their rooms one by one, and scooped each child into her arms walking to her bed setting them down until all of her children were sleeping in her bed, she herself lied down with them and stared off into oblivion, waiting until they woke from their last night of life the way it was to be welcomed into their harsh new world.

-->