Unofficial Portkey Archive

I Wanna Know What Love Is by H_HrFan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I Wanna Know What Love Is

H_HrFan

A/N: I never felt like I had closure on this story. Maybe I still don't, but I like to think that this definite, final chapter offers some.

For those of you reading `Fairy Tale' I just want you to know that I'm working on the next chapter. I haven't had much time, but I'm getting it. I wrote most of this chapter a while back but was never happy with it. Now I think I am.

Thanks so much for sharing your time with me and my stories. I look forward to reading your comments in the reviews.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Together

Harry stared, entranced by the butterflies as their wings began to move faster and faster as Hermione's excitement began to build. He slowly raised his head, taking in every inch of her, pausing briefly when his eyes reached her breasts…he wanted so badly to touch her. She's so beautiful! He thought. He couldn't believe that they were here…or that she was his…or that they were finally going to do this…or that…bloody hell, Harry…just shut it already! He shook his head, shocked by the bluntness with which the thought had cut into his meanderings. Thanks! He thought as he smiled and took a tentative step toward her…

Hermione watched him. She could tell that thoughts were running rampant through his mind and she was content for now to watch him. She'd waited three years for this moment and she could wait just a little longer. It gave her time to take in all that she saw before her. Her eyes slowly traveled the length of his body entranced by the beauty of the lines that so clearly defined every part of him; his muscles were tight, his body well defined. Her eyes continued their journey and rested briefly on his erection, amazed by the size of it. She'd been with him for three years and they'd never gotten so far as they had now; this was the first time she'd seen it. She had nothing to compare it to, but to her the size was impressive and for a moment she wondered if he might be too big for her. She raised her head to look at him, her worries quickly forgotten as she watched him step toward her…the wings of her butterflies were fluttering so fast she thought they might fly away, taking her with them.

Harry stepped forward slowly and reached out to gently run his fingertips up and down the length of her arms. Tiny sparks raced through every cell in her body. He looked into her eyes and ran his fingers down the length of her arms one final time before interlacing his fingers with hers. They both took a nervous breath and released a half-laugh as they prepared for what was to come.

Harry bent his head and gently kissed her. Tentative at first, the kiss deepened quickly as emotions began to surge through them. She opened her mouth to him and when their tongues met the excitement was overwhelming. It felt as though a vise has been placed around their hearts as the tightness in their chests increased. It became hard to breath and Harry reluctantly pulled away from her and rested his forehead against hers. The air around them was thick with their heavy breathing; the heady scent that permeated the air was intoxicating.

Harry released her hands and placed his hands on her back. Her fingers immediately moved upward to his hair and together they pulled each other closer. The feel of his arousal pressed against her stomach caused chills of excitement to race each other through her body and she shivered.

While their mouths continued their fervent explorations, Harry ran his hands down the length of her back to gently knead the firm roundness he found there. Hermione moaned into his mouth and the vibration sent shivers through him.

Hermione's fingertips left a trail of icy fire as they slowly moved down his neck and jaw line. She moved back from him just enough to place her fingers on his shoulders to run them down his chest. Harry felt her fingertip graze across his nipple and the sparks that shot through him took him by surprise. He pulled back from her stunned and absolutely amazed at how such a slight touch could have such an effect on him. He moaned as he captured her lips once more, more feverishly this time. She pushed her arms through his and quickly ran her hands up and down his back, bringing them to rest on his backside as she kneaded him as he had her. Harry moaned again and she smiled against his lips.

She reluctantly pulled away from the kiss to nibble on his ear. His stomach began to flutter as she kissed him; following the path down his neck and jaw that her hands had traveled only moments ago. Sparks raced through him once again as she slowly ran her tongue along his collarbone. The need to feel her lips on his was overwhelming. He placed his hands on her face and raised her head; he looked into her eyes desire meeting desire. He pulled her to him and kissed her harder, more passionately. His tongue plunged deep into her mouth and he tasted the salt of his sweat that still lingered there.

He rested his forehead against hers breathing heavily. His need for her resonated in his voice as he said, "I can't wait anymore `Mione. I need you. Are you ready?" Barely able to catch her own breath she nodded, her voice barely a whisper as she answered, "Yes. Harry. I want you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione felt a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"'Mione?"

"Hmm?" She said softly, her mind faraway. She smiled and looked up at him as she placed her hand over his.

"Are you all right?"

"Oh. Yes. I'm wonderful. Just remembering." The sparkle in her eyes shone brightly as she watched him kneel down beside her.

"Must have been quite a memory. What were you thinking about?" He asked.

"Us. Our wedding night." She said, her eyes once again unfocused, as her mind wandered back to the past. Then she looked at him and smiled, "Our first time. Do you remember it?"

Harry laughed. "How could I forget? You were so incredibly beautiful. No…" he said as he looked at her, still amazed at how much a part of him she was, "you are so incredibly beautiful."

She laughed. "You always know what to say to me, don't you Mr. Potter?"

"I try." He said, laughing with her. "Especially when there's a chance I might get what I want." He said, winking at her.

"And what is it that you want?" She asked, still laughing.

"The same thing I've wanted for 53 years." He said, resting his head on her lap. "You."

"Fifty-three years. Can you believe it's been that long?" She asked, thinking back to all those years ago when they'd first declared their love for each other beside the lake at Hogwarts.

"Unbelievable." Harry said, shaking his head. "It seems like only yesterday you became my wife and today we celebrate fifty years."

Harry lifted his head and they looked at each other. Together they said…"Fifty wonderful years."

"What time is it?" She asked.

"2:00." He answered, laying his head back down on her lap.

"They'll be here soon. We should get ready." She said.

"I suppose. But shouldn't the party be a surprise? Why are they coming here?" Harry asked.

"Come on, Harry. We talked about this, remember? Our house is the only one big enough for all those people." She said.

"I know, but I just don't understand why it couldn't have been somewhere else." He said.

"Lily May thought it would be the best place. It's more comfortable here. Is there something wrong with having the party here?" She asked.

Their eldest daughter, Lily May, had decorated and made all of the preparations to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Their four children would be there with their families and their very dearest friends were bringing their families; of course, that meant all of the surviving Weasley's would be joining in the festivities as well. Secretly Harry and Hermione were looking forward to it; they loved it when their house was full of the sounds of laughter and most especially when it was full of the love that can come only with the company of family and close friends.

Harry lifted his head and looked into her eyes before he answered, "Well…I kind of like it better when we get together somewhere else."

Her curiosity piqued she asked "Why?"

He lowered his eyes just a little and then looked up at her again. "It's always better to know we have the option of being late…" he said and raised his eyebrows, "if we want to be."

Hermione laughed as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Some things never change, do they?" She said.

He was quiet for a moment seemingly lost in thought. A devilish sort of smile, the kind that made her want to drag him off to the bedroom, was slowly forming as he spoke, "Well, it's your fault, you know?" He said.

"Oh? How so?"

"If you weren't so damn sexy I probably wouldn't be thinking about it all time." He moved away from her, narrowly escaping the hand that swung his way. They were both laughing as he returned to her. "It's true you know?"

"Yeah, I know." She said. She laughed again at his shocked expression. He hadn't expected her to answer him quite so bluntly. "How do you think I feel about you?" She said, lowering herself to sit next to him on the floor. She grabbed his hand and pulled it to her lap as she rested her head on his shoulder.

Harry laughed again and shook his head. "So, what time are they coming again?"

"Lily May said she would be here at 3:00. The others are supposed to start arriving around 4:00."

"3:00, huh? Isn't Lily May always late?" He asked. She raised her head to look at him and saw that same devilish grin on his face and a sparkle in his eyes. "I mean, we could do it in an hour, but it doesn't really give us much time, does it? You deserve nice, slow ministrations for putting up with me for fifty years. I don't think an hour is anywhere near long enough."

Hermione smiled and lowered herself to the floor, pulling him down with her so they were lying side by side, facing each other. "Well…" she said, the devilish grin now reflected on her face, "how about we take what we can get for now and you can make the rest up to me tomorrow?"

"Now you're talking." Harry said as he smiled and wrapped his arms around her. "But how about I just practice tomorrow and every day after that with promise to make the rest up to you when we celebrate our 100th?"

"That's one promise I definitely intend to hold you to, Mr. Potter." She said.

"That's one promise I definitely intend to keep, Mrs. Potter." He said. If it's like this when we celebrate our 100th, I'll have to extend that promise to 150. He thought, just before all coherent thought was replaced by overwhelming emotion as she kissed him…every time felt like the first and he sighed.

Without further reflection they set out to reaffirm their love once again…Harry content to forever follow the butterflies and Hermione content to let him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry found more than just love; he found true love. The kind of love that stops your heart. The kind they can only write about in fairy tales because no one truly believes it can exist within this reality. The kind of love that swallows you whole, consumes your entire being. The kind of love that makes you fear waking up; scared it might be a dream.

When two souls collide and merge into one there is nothing to be done to stop the tide of emotion…or to stop the forces that have melded you together from bringing you together. Sixty years ago they met. Seven years later they confessed. Three years later they married. Fifty years later they continue to astound even those who were there at the beginning.

Apart their magic is powerful; but together they share an abundance of the only source of magic that came naturally for both of them; the most potent magic on earth … love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Together (The Turtles)

Imagine me and you, I do
I think about you day and night, it's only right
To think about the girl you love and hold her tight
So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime
And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba
Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together

So happy together
How is the weather
So happy together
We're happy together
So happy together
Happy together
So happy together
So happy together (ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A/N: Okay, this really is the last Chapter. It never really felt complete until now.

Take care.

-->