Unofficial Portkey Archive

At Last by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

At Last

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: You guys are all really amazing. 68 reviews for one chapter! That made us both quite happy!! We're glad you're all enjoying this fluffy interlude before… part 4 ;) hahaha but we're not saying ANYTHING about that yet!

Hope you enjoy this next bit and please tell us what you think!!

Hermione couldn't believe she'd allowed Lavender to talk her into this. This was just a waste of time in Hermione's opinion and she would much rather have spent her time shopping in a book store where she could get something much more useful.

"Tell me again why we have to do this?" Hermione asked her cousin. "I have pyjamas."

Lavender rolled her eyes. "Honestly Hermione, every woman needs sexy lingerie for their honeymoon and especially for the wedding night."

"I don't see why," Hermione said logically. "I mean, why spend loads of money on something that is just going to get tossed to the floor?"

Lavender gave her a look. "It's for the appreciation Hermione, honestly."

"Okay, okay," Hermione said, following her cousin into the store. This whole scene reminded her of the time she and Lavender had bought those swimsuits when they were at Hillsdale. She smiled as she remembered wearing that bikini for Harry. Perhaps, Lavender had a point.

"And I know if I wasn't with you, you'd pick out something dowdy or frumpy," Lavender began examining a rack of skimpy lingerie. "Or both."

"Dowdy or frumpy?" Hermione asked, affronted.

Lavender turned to her. "Come on Hermione, you know you don't have the best fashion sense."

"Are you trying to help me or lower my self-esteem?" Hermione asked sarcastically. She watched as her cousin held up a negligee. "Okay, Lavender...that is...that's..."

"Perfect," she tossed the sheer bit of fabric at her cousin.

"This is see-through!" Hermione exclaimed. "I'll look like a tart in something like that!"

"That's the whole point Hermione!" Lavender sounded exasperated.

Hermione put the negligee back on the rack. "I'm not wearing that. I want something sexy, but not trashy. Come on, Lavender. I'm sure we can find something in here that we'll both agree on."

"All right," the blonde turned to another rack. "How about this?" she asked several minutes later, holding up a deep blue silky knickers set.

Hermione looked at it and ran her fingers along the smooth fabric. "That's not bad actually. I like the colour, too."

"Go in and try it on," Lavender encouraged. "I'll take a look around for anything else." she held up her hand. "And before you say anything, no, I promise it won't be trashy."

Hermione nodded and headed off to find the changing rooms.

Lavender smiled after her cousin and swiftly filled her arms with lingerie she thought Hermione might like. "How's it going in there?" she called.

"It's going okay," Hermione said, clasping the bra top.

"Do you like it?" Lavender tossed some of the new things she'd picked out over the door.

Hermione looked at her reflection in the mirror. She'd always liked the colour blue. She had a feeling Harry would like her in this, too. She smiled. "I think this one is a keeper."

"Great!" Lavender said. "You need at least four more."

"Four?" Hermione asked.

"Well you're going on a weeklong honeymoon," Lavender said.

"True," Hermione said, slipping out of the knickers set. She pulled on the lace-trim chemise gown that Lavender had picked out for her. This, too, looked nice on her as well. It was an off-white colour. "This would be really nice for the wedding night."

"Now you're getting the idea," Lavender grinned.

"This would be so much easier if he'd just tell me where we were going," Hermione said, pulling off the gown.

"He won't tell ANYONE," Lavender crossed her arms. "I mean, I can see why he wouldn't tell Cho, but come on, he could spoil the rest of us."

"He's hiding whatever it is really well," Hermione said. "The suspense is killing me."

"Me too," Lavender said. "How's that green one?"

The green one in questions was a silk chemise that also flattered Hermione's figure. Hermione turned around and looked over her shoulder into the mirror. "This one looks nice, too," Hermione said. "I have to hand it to you, Lav. You know what you're talking about."

"Thank you, I accept tips and flattery," Lavender joked.

Hermione laughed. "You'll get both from me. You've been fantastic throughout this whole thing, Lav. You are definitely exceeding my expectations for your maid-of-honour duties."

"I'm glad," Lavender smiled. "And I'll expect the same from you if or when I ever get married."

Hermione was changing back into her own clothes. "Have you and Seamus talked about that?"

"Not really," Lavender replied thoughtfully. "We're both so busy with our careers. I wish we saw more of each other but I suppose once things calm down we'll have plenty of time for that."

"You will," Hermione said, reassuringly.

"Good choice," Lavender nodded approvingly at her cousin's selection. "And you picked out five," she grinned.

"You're feeling really smug right now, aren't you?" Hermione asked.

"I am," Lavender pulled two out of the stack. "These are on me," she said.

"Lav," Hermione started to protest, but her cousin waved her hand dismissively. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Lavender replied. "I'm glad to do it."

Hermione smiled as the salesgirl rung up the order. "I think I may use one of these on a test run with Harry tonight."

Lavender laughed. "No cut-off yet?"

"We have one more week before the cut-off begins," Hermione replied. "I figure I'd go out with a bang, so to speak."

Her cousin laughed. "You are both too much."

A few moments later, she and Lavender walked out of the store, carrying their bags.

"It's been a good day," Lavender said. "We bought stuff."

"Yes, it has," Hermione said. "Now, can we please go to the book shop?"

*** *** ***

Hermione pulled the blue lingerie over her head, letting her hair out of the tie to fall down her back. She liked the way the silky fabric felt on her body and was glad Lavender had talked her into buying it. Harry would be home from training soon and she wanted to surprise him.

Harry unlocked the door and sighed heavily. It had been a particularly trying day at training. They only had a few more days until this round of training was complete and Harry couldn't wait until he had the time off. Kingsley Shacklebolt was a fair teacher, but he was definitely a taskmaster. He absently began going through the post on the table in the foyer.

"Harry..." Hermione called in as sultry a voice as she could manage.

Harry was still rifling through the letters as he came into the living room. He didn't look up as he sank onto the sofa.

Hermione stared at him from across the room where she was lounged in a rather seductive pose on the other sofa. "Harry..." she said again. "Been a long day love?"

"Very long," Harry said absently, tossing the letters onto the coffee table. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

Hermione sat up, swinging her legs over the side. "So long you can't even take a look at your future wife?"

Harry sighed. "I'm sorry, Hermione. It's just that I just had one of the worst days of training. And you wouldn't believe..." his voice trailed off as he had finally opened his eyes and looked property at her. "Whoa..."

"Mmhmm..." Hermione got up and went over to him. "What wouldn't I believe?" she asked, placing herself on his lap.

Harry smiled and ran his hand along the lacy fabric. "Where did you get this?"

"At the store with Lavender," Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Remind me to thank Lavender next time I see her," he said huskily before kissing her.

"That's more like it," Hermione said when they broke apart.

"How many days do we have before we don't get to do this anymore?" he asked.

"I don't know," Hermione was currently pressing her lips to his neck. "A week and a half?"

"We're just going to have to make these remaining days count," he whispered before bringing her lips to his again.

"Yes we will," Hermione kissed him back, her hands moving over his broad shoulders. "I hate it when I wake up in the mornings and you're already gone."

Harry smiled as she worked on the buttons of his shirt. He fought the urge to ravish her then and there. "I'd much rather stay in bed with you...."

"Same here," Hermione arched her back as Harry's fingers slid under the lingerie. She pulled at his shirt and tossed it to the floor, her mouth immediately attacking his.

Harry shifted position so he could lay her back on the sofa. He kissed along her neck and then worked his way down.

Hermione let out several tiny cries as his lips brushed over her skin.

Harry didn't know the number of times that he and Hermione kissed or how many times they'd made love, but he knew it wasn't just his imagination. It did get better every single time.

Hermione moved as Harry began to push up on the tiny nightgown, allowing him to pull it off over her head. "This is an easy one," she grinned, as she wore nothing else.

He looked down at her and laughed. "I take it you bought more than just this one then?"

"Maybe," Hermione pulled him down so she could kiss him again. "But you're going to have to wait for the honeymoon to see them. Where were we going again?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not going to tell you until the reception?" he asked. "I do give you credit for your efforts to try and get it out of me."

"Come on," Hermione wheedled. "Just a tiny hint?"

"I guess a small hint couldn't hurt," he said grinning down at her.

"Yes!" she would have bounced if her fiancé wasn't situated on top of her.

Harry laughed. "Okay, but you are only getting one hint. Where we're going...it's very warm."

"Its warm here!" she hit his shoulder. "That's not a hint!"

"Okay, where we're going, it's warm...and tropical," he said grinning as he watched her mind at work trying to find out where they were going. "And I made sure that the place we're staying at has a very big bed with great room service."

Hermione shook her head. "You're insufferable Potter. It's a good thing I love you so much."

"I could say the same about you," he said. "You have no idea what satisfaction it brings me to know something you don't."

Hermione hit his shoulder again. "I love you but sometimes I don't like you at all," she pouted.

He laughed. "If this whole seduction scene is what you do when you don't like someone..."

"Sod off," Hermione pulled at his jeans.

"Is there something in there that you want?" he asked teasingly.

"Harry Jr," Hermione nodded.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Let's not tell our friends about that, okay?"

"What?" Hermione asked, a smile growing on her face. "What's wrong with Harry Jr?"

"I had no idea that you named it, is all," he said laughing.

"He should be proud," Hermione continued to pull at his jeans. "He's a very good Jr."

Harry laughed and sat up to pull his jeans off. "Well, he's not too happy that he won't get to see you for two weeks."

"He'll survive," Hermione pulled him to her as he dropped his jeans on the floor.

He kissed her again feeling like the luckiest man on the planet. He didn't know what he'd done to deserve her, but whatever it was he was thankful it brought her into his life. He lifted his hand to her face and caressed her cheek before taking a strand of hair and putting it behind her ear. "I love you," he said softly.

"I love you too," Hermione kissed him gently.

*** *** ***

While Hermione was away at a last-minute fitting for her dress, Harry had invited his side of the wedding party over to the cottage for some planning of their own. Ostensibly, that's what they were doing, but the wedding hadn't come up much in conversation. Ron had yet to arrive and Neville and Seamus were tossing popcorn at each other's mouths. Harry was talking about football with Luke. Luke had agreed to fill in for Dean Thomas, who was going to be out of town during the wedding.

"So where are you guys taking me?" Harry asked, turning away from Luke to look at the rest of his groomsmen. "Considering my best man hasn't even shown up yet."

Neville grinned. "And your best man is the one who will be keeping the rings, right? This doesn't bode well for the wedding day."

"I wonder if he'd be angry if I changed my mind," Harry was only half joking.

"He just might be," Neville said, wincing as Seamus threw some popcorn at him that hit him in the eye. "Hey!"

"Give the guy a break," Seamus said in defence. "He's got Fred and George at the shop this week and no doubt they're using him as a test subject again."

"Poor Ron," Neville said, shuddering. The door opened and everyone laughed. Ron was notorious for never knocking. Ron, however, didn't look to be in much of a good mood. Without a word to anyone, he sank down onto one of the sofas beside Luke.

"Sorry I'm late," Ron muttered.

"What's the story this time?" Harry asked.

"You don't even want to know," Ron said, shaking his head.

"Sure we do," Harry got comfortable on the sofa. "We're your friends Ron."

Ron sighed. "You want to know who you're looking at? I'm not just Ron Weasley, mates. I am Draco-Sodding-Malfoy's brother-in-law is what I am."

Harry, Seamus and Neville all stared at him with their jaws dropped. Luke was confused. "Who's Draco Sodding Malfoy?" he asked.

"A member of my family now," Ron said angrily.

"And that's a bad thing?" Luke asked.

Harry nodded vehemently. "Very bad. Draco Malfoy is... well he's like Gordon Devereaux, only not psychotic."

"Mum's beside herself," Ron continued. "Ginny broke the news in a letter. Can you believe that? A letter! And that's not even the best part...."

"Why doesn't this surprise me," Seamus muttered.

"She's pregnant, too," Ron said crossly. "Mum was beside herself over the fact that her only daughter got married without any family present...but the pregnancy was the tip of the iceberg. Ginny said she doesn't plan on coming home anytime soon because she knows we won't accept her or her husband...Merlin, just thinking about it makes me sick."

Harry winced. "That's... just..." he shook his head.

"I'm not surprised," Seamus interrupted. "After what she did this past summer to you and Hermione, not to mention what Ron had to do... she's really a complete stranger now."

"We all sort of figured Malfoy would get tired of Ginny and she'd come back home," Ron said, sighing. "But, I guess if you can say anything good about this, at least the bastard did the right thing this time..." Ron's voice trailed off as he looked at Neville. "Oh, Nev. I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"It's all right," Neville said. "I'm glad he did what he did. Otherwise Cho and Chiaki wouldn't be mine."

"That's true," Ron said, feeling better. He looked around at his friends. "Hey, I'm sorry I brought all of you down, too. Let's talk about something else."

"All right," Harry agreed, knowing Ron didn't want to talk about the situation anymore.

"Did we want to tell Harry where we're taking him?" Seamus asked. "We could just surprise him."

"Hey don't surprise me," Harry said. "I want to know where we're going the night before the wedding!"

"So he can clear it with Hermione," Seamus teased. "She's had him whipped from day one."

"Damn right she has," Harry grinned. "And Seamus I wouldn't talk. You're Lavender's lapdog."

Ron guffawed. "He's got you there, Seamus."

"Another one who shouldn't say anything," Harry teased.

"Sod off, Potter," Ron said scowling at him.

"It's a good thing Ron," Harry said. "Luna's a good thing."

"You're right," Ron said, relaxing. "She's a very good thing."

"Alright, let's vote here." Neville took charge. "Tell Harry or don't tell Harry?"

"Tell him," Seamus said. "As long as he promises not to clear it with the old ball and chain..."

"Uh oh," Harry said. "That doesn't sound good."

Ron, Seamus, Luke and Neville exchanged smug looks. "Hermione probably wouldn't approve," Neville said. "In fact, if Cho found out, I'd probably be sleeping on the sofa."

"Fine, so bloody tell me already!" Harry was getting impatient.

"I kind of like the idea of keeping him in suspense," Ron said laughing.

Harry glared at him. "It's not too late to make someone else best man," he said.

"Okay," Ron said, his smile fading. "Okay. Let's tell him."

Harry sat up eagerly much like Paddington when given a treat.

"Okay, well we thought we'd start the night off at a pub," Seamus began. "Get the tame stuff out of the way first, you know?"

"Right," Harry nodded.

"After that," Neville looked at Ron. "Be ready for a night at the Veela Snatch," all the men started laughing.

"I've never been there before," Luke said grinning. "And as far as Anna knows, I've still never been there. She'd kill me."

"Exactly," Neville said. "So it's only a guy's night, and we don't tell the girls anything. Ever."

"Do you think we have a death wish?" Seamus asked. "I have no plans on mentioning this to Lavender, but you know they're going to ask. I say we just tell them we spent the night getting pissed and playing darts or some rubbish like that."

"Well we can also say that we aren't asking THEM what they're doing with Hermione," Ron said reasonably.

"True," Luke said. "We can say we'll tell them, if they tell us first..."

Harry laughed. "That'll keep them quiet." he snickered. "This will be great though. I'm really looking forward to it."

"Looking forward to what?" Hermione asked, coming into the room. No one had heard her come inside. When no one answered her, she looked at Harry. "Why do I get the feeling I just walked in on something?"

"Because you did," Harry jumped up and kissed her cheek. "And no, we're not telling you what it is. It's a guy thing."

"Harry James Potter," Hermione said, folding her arms.

"Hermione Jane Granger," Harry imitated her.

"You had better not get pissed the night before our wedding or pass out beside some stripper," Hermione said sternly. "And if any of you lot get him that way, you'll have to answer to me. Have you got that?"

"Yes dear," Harry said, actually afraid at the look in her eyes. "And I'll have a sobering potion ready just in case."

"You had better," Hermione said. Seamus snickered from behind Hermione's back and mimed striking a whip.

Ron snickered and tried desperately to turn it into a cough. "I've got to get to the shop," he said, standing up. "Harry, I'll leave you to tell Hermione the GREAT news," his words were tinged with sarcasm.

"Great news?" Hermione asked, confused as she watched the other men scurry off as well. "I sure do know how to clear a room, don't I?"

"Aye well..." Harry sat down on the sofa. "Once you hear the news you'll know why they left."

Hermione sat down beside him. "Bad news?"

"You could say that." Harry replied. "Ginny sent a letter home telling her parents that she married Draco Malfoy,"

"You're kidding!" Hermione said, cupping her hand over her mouth. "It's just I never thought he'd marry her..."

"None of us did either," Harry replied grimly. "And that's not even the worst of it. Ginny's pregnant."

"Pregnant?" Hermione asked.

"Pregnant," Harry nodded. "And she told them that she's not coming home because she knows they hate Malfoy." he shook his head.

Hermione shook her head, trying to process this information. She hadn't thought too much about Ginny since they'd left Hillsdale. Although she knew the girl was Ron's sister, she never saw herself ever being able to forget or forgive all the terrible things Ginny had done. "I hope she doesn't come back. I'd be happy if we never had to see her ever again."

"Same here," Harry said.

"When I think about what she tried to do..." Hermione said, but her voice trailed off.

"I know," Harry slid his arms around her. "But at least it didn't work."

Hermione rested her head on his shoulder. "I know."

Harry kissed the side of her head. "How did your fitting go?"

"Great," Hermione said, yawning. "Lavender's finished."

"That's great," Harry said. "I can't wait to see you in it."

"And out of it, too, right?" she asked teasingly.

"Of course," Harry grinned. "By then I'll be nice and randy thanks to your little idea."

"Hey, you went along with my little idea," she reminded him.

"Not willingly," Harry replied.

"But you did because you knew it meant so much to me," she said, grinning at him.

"Right," Harry sighed. "Bloody guilt me about it for the rest of our lives if I didn't go along with it."

Hermione looked at him with a hurt expression on her face. She shook her head and shrugged out of his grasp and got to her feet. "I'm going to go upstairs."

"Hey now," Harry caught her hand. "I was only joking Hermione."

"No, you weren't," Hermione said angrily. "Every time I've mentioned it, you've had something smart to say."

"I'm sorry," Harry apologised. "It's like I said the day you brought it up, if it's that important to you then it's important to me too."

"No, it's not," Hermione said. "You think it's stupid. You'd think I was asking you to go without for a year instead of a couple of weeks."

Harry felt ashamed as she pulled her hand away and stomped up the stairs. "Hermione!" he called, running up after her. "Come on sweetheart I'm sorry. I won't make any more jokes about it."

Hermione slammed the bedroom door in his face.

"Hermione!" Harry pushed it open, starting to get irritated. "What do you want me to say dammit? I told you I was sorry and I said I'd stop joking around about it! I didn't know you'd get so angry! I'm not a bloody mind reader!"

"But you knew how important this was to me, but you kept on making your snide remarks about it," Hermione said, rounding on him.

"I'll stop!" Harry said. "I told you downstairs that I'll stop doing it if it bothers you that much!"

Hermione walked away from him and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I'm sorry for getting so upset," she said quietly.

Harry sat down next to her. "I'm sorry for making the remarks. I know this is important to you all right?"

Hermione nodded. "It's just been a really hectic couple of days and I think the stress is catching up to me."

Harry pulled her close as he had downstairs. "It's all right," he said. "We were bound to have those little pre wedding arguments sooner or later."

"Things had been going too well, hadn't they?" she said with a laugh.

"Just a little," Harry grinned.

"I've got an idea," Hermione said suddenly. "How about we spend tonight not worrying about the wedding or wedding details. We just veg out in front of the telly and order pizza and just have a quiet night in?"

"That sounds good to me," Harry agreed. "I was supposed to meet Neville and some other trainees but I'll owl and cancel."

"You don't have to cancel," Hermione said. "We could do it another night."

"No I want to," Harry insisted. "I'd rather be with you."

"I was hoping you'd say that," she said, kissing him.

"Do that again and I'll be your slave the rest of the night," Harry said, winding his arms around her waist.

"Really?" she asked grinning mischievously at him.

"Uh huh," Harry said. "Really,"

"What would I have to do to find out what the guys are planning for your bachelor party?" she asked.

Harry's face fell. "I'll DO anything, not SAY anything." he recovered quickly.

"Damn," Hermione said, leaning back on the bed and pulling him down with her. "I guess I'll have to think of another way to get it out of you then..."

"Well what are you girls doing that night?" Harry countered.

"We're just having another sleepover at Ron and Luna's," Hermione said simply. "We'll probably watch a few movies, do each other's hair...that sort of thing."

Harry stared at her. "That's all you're doing? I don't believe that for a minute."

"It's the truth!" Hermione said defensively. "What did you think we were going to do? Go to some club and watch some greasy bloke with muscles take his clothes off? No thank you..."

"I'm sure Lavender will make plans for one to come to you then," Harry said. "She's not the type to have a quiet night in when she has the right to take you out and get you pissed."

"The only greasy bloke with muscles I'd like to see take his clothes off is you," Hermione said truthfully. "Not that you're greasy, of course. But you know what I mean."

"Aye I do," Harry leaned down and kissed her. "Is this your way of telling me you'd like me to take my clothes off?" he grinned wickedly.

"Saw right through me, didn't you?" she asked.

"I know you pretty well by now," Harry laughed.

"As I know you," she said, turning him over and straddling him. She began to make quick work of his buttons.

Harry let her undress him, and then it was his turn. He slowly worked her jumper over her head, purposely taking a long time. "What happened to our quiet evening with pizza?" he asked, running his hands around her back to unclasp her bra.

"We'll get to that," she said softly. "Eventually."

*** *** ***

Harry had never been so relieved to have a training session end as he was with this one. Every muscle in his body ached and he wanted nothing more than to get in the door and have Hermione give him a massage. He slid his key into the lock and opened the door. "Hermione?" he called. "Are you home yet?"

"In the living room," she called out. She had spent most of the morning taking it easy and was at the moment camped out in front of the television watching an old movie.

Harry fell onto the sofa beside her. "I'm finished," he mumbled.

"You look awful," Hermione said sympathetically.

"Thanks a lot," Harry positioned himself so his head was in her lap. He gave her his best puppy dog expression.

Hermione tried her best to ignore him as he stared up at her with that begging look on his face. "Harry, the movie's nearly over...can't you wait five minutes and I promise I will give you one of my patented Granger massages."

"Okay," Harry grinned as she began to run her fingers through his hair while she concentrated on her film. He watched her and caught one of her hands in his, bringing it to his lips. "Only two weeks left," he said softly.

Hermione smiled down at him. "Two weeks..."

"I can't wait," Harry replied.

"Neither can I," she said. "We're going to be an old married couple."

Harry laughed. "Look at Cho and Neville. No one can call them an old married couple. And we have more sex than they do."

"Yes, but they'll be having more than us for two weeks at least," Hermione teased, as the closing credits to the movie came on the screen.

"What?" Harry was momentarily confused. "Oh..." he closed his mouth before he could let any other words slip out.

"Good boy," Hermione said, patting him on the head. "Are you ready for your massage now?"

"Sure," Harry felt slightly less enthused now that he realised what wouldn't be accompanying his massage.

Harry sat up and Hermione turned him to the side so she could sit behind him. "It would probably be easier if you took off your shirt," she said.

"Right," Harry began to pull it over his head. "Help me?" he asked.

Hermione laughed as she helped him pull the shirt over his head. She noticed he had some bruises on his shoulder. "Harry! Did you get these today from training?"

"Probably," Harry winced. "It was brutal."

Hermione kissed his left shoulder. "Let me know if I hurt you," she said, as she started to massage his shoulders.

"Okay," Harry let his head droop forward as her hands worked over his upper body. "Merlin that feels so good," he muttered.

"You're really tense," she said softly. "You know what you need?"

"What?" he asked, knowing what he needed but not wanting to say it aloud- he knew that would make her angry.

"A good night's sleep," she said firmly.

"Maybe," Harry said. "I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow, that's for sure."

Hermione leaned in and as she did so, her breath tickled his neck. She certainly wasn't making this easy on him and a part of him wondered if she knew exactly what she was doing.

"How's that feel?" she asked throatily.

"Amazing," Harry grunted, trying to think of anything to keep from being turned on at her touch.

Hermione smiled. "Admit it, Potter. This is the only reason you want to marry me, isn't it? Unlimited massages?"

Harry smiled, his eyes closed. "Maybe," he teased.

"You'll pay for that one, Potter," she said, moving her hands down to his waist and tickling him. He was too quick for her though as he quickly had turned the situation back in his favour to where he was right on top of her. "Harry, let me up!" she said laughing.

"Gotcha," Harry grinned before leaning down to kiss her.

Things quickly started to get out of hand as Harry deftly worked his hand under Hermione's t-shirt.

"Harry," Hermione started to protest between kisses. "We should probably stop..."

Harry immediately pulled his hand out of her clothes. "All right," he said. "Sorry..."

"It's okay," she said breathlessly. "It is the first day of the cut-off..."

Harry sat up, moving down the sofa. "These next two weeks aren't going to be easy are they?" he asked.

"No," Hermione admitted, sitting up. "But we're going to be strong and get through it. I just keep telling myself the wedding night will be fantastic."

"Aye," Harry said. "That's what's keeping me going."

Hermione tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Did you want me to continue with the massage or are you all set?"

"Keep going for just a little while longer?" Harry asked.

"Sure," Hermione said, still a little flustered by what had just happened. Again, she reminded herself that by denying themselves now it would make the wedding night all the more special.

For the next ten minutes she worked her hands over his shoulders and neck. "There..." Harry felt the last knot loosen. "You're fantastic you know that?"

"I've got magic hands," she quipped. "Merlin that was a terrible pun wasn't it?"

"Yes it was," Harry laughed. "But you're so gorgeous that you're forgiven."

Hermione grinned. "Are you flirting with me? Because if you are, I will have you know that I am engaged."

"You're engaged?" Harry asked, pretending to be surprised. "Who's the lucky bloke?"

"He's only the most charming, most handsome, most wonderful bloke in the entire world," Hermione said dreamily with a dramatic air.

"Sounds like a real winner," Harry leaned in and gave her another kiss before pulling his shirt back on.

"Oh, he is," Hermione said, nodding. "I'm a lucky girl."

"And I'm a lucky guy," Harry kissed her again. "Thank you for the massage."

"You're quite welcome," Hermione said, looping her arms around his neck. "You do realize that I expect to be paid back for that."

"Oh?" Harry wound his arms around her waist. "And what will you be seeking for your payment?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" she asked coyly. This time, it was she who initiated a kiss.

"Not just that I hope," Harry said after they broke apart. "The massage was worth far more than just a kiss."

"Do you have any idea how badly I would love to go upstairs with you right now?" she asked.

"I have a pretty good idea," Harry said. "But I know... the wedding night will be far better..."

"Exactly," Hermione replied. "This isn't going to be easy. I was thinking I might move in with my parents until after the wedding."

"What?" Harry sat up straight. "You can't do that!"

"It would be easier," Hermione said. "You've not been home an hour and on the very first day of our cut-off---we've not been able to keep our hands off of each other, Harry."

"But we haven't had sex," Harry replied. "And I don't intend on breaking our agreement either."

"I just don't want us to be tempted," Hermione said.

"Are you saying that you could sleep alone for the next two weeks?" Harry asked.

"No," she admitted.

"I can't either," Harry replied. "It's like you said that first day we talked about this, it's all about self control," he leaned back and shook his head. "I don't want you to leave, but I can't go the next two weeks without touching you or kissing you either."

"So what should we do?" she asked.

Harry grinned. "I have an idea," she moved off him and sat down. "Close your eyes."

"What? Why?" she asked confused.

"Just do it," Harry got up. Once he made sure her eyes were closed, he grabbed the pillow off the side of the sofa.

"What on earth are you doing?" she asked with her eyes still closed.

Harry bit his lower lip to keep from laughing. "I know how we can work off sexual frustration," he said. Without waiting for her reply, he hit her square in the face with the pillow.

"Ow!" Hermione said, falling back onto the couch. "Harry!"

"Come on," Harry cracked up at the look on her face. He tossed the other pillow at her.

"How old are you?" she asked, looking at him bemusedly. "You can't seriously think I'm going to hit you with this. I haven't had a pillow fight since I was six."

Harry swung out again and caught her side. "Come on Granger, don't be scared," he said cockily.

"Harry James Potter," she retorted. "If you hit me with that again, I'll just have to..."

Harry grinned and hit her again. "You'll have to what?"

"Lay you out," Hermione said, swinging at him with all of her might and hitting him square on the face with her pillow.

Harry was still laughing as he set his glasses on the table. "You have a bit of an advantage now," he said. "You're a big blur."

"Afraid of getting beat by a girl?" Hermione asked teasingly, striking him again on the back with her pillow.

"No," Harry got her on the stomach. "Never have been," he smirked at her.

"Never been beaten by a girl? Or never been afraid of getting beaten by a girl?" Hermione asked, moving out of the way as he came at her again.

"Neither," Harry missed her but quickly turned around and nailed her side.

"Hey!" Hermione said, laughing. "Okay, okay. Truce?"

"Truce?" Harry asked. "I'm half blind here and YOU want a truce?"

"Just wanted to see if you'd fall for it," she said, hitting him upside the head again. "This is actually quite fun."

"I'm an Auror in training," Harry growled playfully. "I trust no one."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I forgot...CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

Harry nearly fell over laughing. "You sounded just like Moody!" he clutched his stomach, the pillow lying forgotten to his side.

"Did I really?" Hermione asked, laughing.

"Yes," he reached over and pulled her onto the sofa. She hit him again over the head before dropping her pillow. "You win," he said, retrieving his glasses.

"That was fun," Hermione said, still laughing.

"Aye it was," Harry said. "And we worked off a bit of stress didn't we?"

"That we did," Hermione agreed. "So do you feel better?"

"I do," Harry nodded. "And I hope you do too. I don't want to hear any more about you moving out."

"You won't," Hermione said, resting her head on his shoulder. "It was a moment of temporary insanity on my part."

"Right," Harry kissed the side of her head. "What say we throw something together for dinner? I'm starving now."

"I could always make the only thing I know how to make," Hermione suggested. "And you do like it..."

"I do," Harry nodded. "Come on," he grabbed her hand.