Unofficial Portkey Archive

At Last by Amynoelle and Heaven
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

At Last

Amynoelle and Heaven

A/N: Here's the last part to At Last. We're glad you all have enjoyed this little fluffy adventure :D

We hope you'll enjoy the last chapter, it's a bit cheesy but we liked it, so we think you guys will too. We ARE the Queens of Cheese after all.

Also, at the bottom is the summary for the next fic, Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights. Hehehehe

On one more note, we are also doing a bit of fic plugging. Ryoko Blue has updated her story Amulet of Torna and she IS working on the next chapter too! It's a lemony one as well ;) So please go over there and give her some support, the girl needs some reviews to keep going on!!! Thanks!!!

The members of the wedding party plus the bride and groom were holding court at the front of the elegant ballroom where the reception was being held. Dinner had been served, but Hermione hadn't really done more than nibble at her food. She couldn't have even if she'd wanted to since every two seconds someone came up to congratulate her and Harry and they'd have to stand up and give hugs and pecks on the cheek.

Harry was just sitting back down again and ready to take a bite of his dinner when Ron started tapping on his water glass. Lavender caught on as did Luna and soon the whole room was filled with the sound.

"Guess they want us to snog," Harry grinned at his new wife.

"Guess we should give them what they want," Hermione said, blushing. Harry leaned in and caught her lips with his, keeping the kiss chaste.

"Weak!" Seamus called out. "That was weak!"

Harry turned to look at him. "I didn't know you were interested in seeing a not so innocent snog," he shot back.

"My parents are here," Hermione said laughing. "And my grandpa!"

"Right," Harry nodded. "And I'd like to stay married, thank you very much."

"How about we do the speeches?" Hermione asked, looking at Ron.

"Now?" Ron asked nervously.

"Yeah," Harry nodded. "Is ickle Ronniekins afraid to talk in front of a big crowd?"

Ron scowled at his best friend. He looked at Luna who gave him an encouraging look and walked to the centre of the head table to begin his speech.

"I've known Harry since we were 11 years old," Ron began, keeping his eyes focused on the notes before him. "We've had our ups and downs as best mates always do, but we've always been there for each other when it counted."

Ron looked up from his notes to see how the crowd was taking it in and to his delight and relief, everyone seemed to think he was off to a great start. Everyone except Fred and George who were laughing and making funny faces. Ron decided to ignore his brothers and just concentrate on his speech.

"I never in a million years thought he'd settle down," Ron said, again focusing on the papers before him. Ron had written loads of stuff about what Harry had gone through, but being as half of the audience were Muggles, Luna had reminded him to be vague in his details. "But I knew that if he ever did, he'd have to find someone who could handle him and keep him in line."

"When we met Hermione nearly two years ago, I knew from the beginning that he felt something for her. There was something in his eyes that I'd never seen before and he only got that way with her. She turned all of our lives around that summer and I truly believe that if she hadn't come along, things might not have turned out like they did." Hermione beamed at Ron.

Ron continued to drone on and on about love and happiness and the gift of finding another person. It was quite clear that Luna had helped with this particular part of his speech.

When he finished, Hermione's eyes were shiny with tears and Harry grinned at his best friend. "Thanks mate," he got up and gave the redhead a hug.

"I had a bit of help," Ron admitted.

Lavender stood up. "I guess this means it's my turn," she smiled at the crowd. "With me and Hermione being cousins, we saw a lot of each other very early on in life. And if someone had told me ten years ago that I'd be standing here at Hermione's wedding as her maid of honour, I'd have asked them which leg of mine they were pulling."

The guests laughed and Lavender smiled at her cousin and her husband before continuing. "We haven't always gotten along, in fact there were times when we couldn't even be in the same room together. I wondered if Hermione and I would ever have anything in common. Then two years ago we went on a family vacation and we met this guy here, who managed to sweep my cousin off her feet.

"I'd never seen anyone so lovesick, and now I'm not just talking about her. These two had it bad for each other right from the moment they saw one another in the parking lot. It took a little time and trouble, but they've managed to make it this far and now they're married." She raised her champagne glass. "To Harry and Hermione!"

"To Harry and Hermione!" the crowd echoed, raising their glasses.

Hermione stood up and hugged her cousin. "That was beautiful, Lavender. Thank you."

"You're welcome," Lavender grinned at her.

"Between you and Ron, I'm turning into quite the sap," Harry said, also giving Lavender a hug.

Lavender laughed. "I've reduced the great Harry Potter to tears," she teased. "World domination is next."

"I think you just may be able to do it," Harry said laughing. "Wonderful job on Hermione's dress, by the way."

"Thanks," Lavender pecked him on the cheek and took her seat next to Seamus as music started playing again.

Hermione wanted to sit down as well, but Harry took hold of her hand. "What?" she asked and then gave him a knowing smile as he led her to the dance floor.

"It's time for the dance already," He whispered in her ear. "Even though I've managed about three bites of my dinner."

Hermione laughed and squeezed his hand as they made their way to the centre of the dance floor and the lights dimmed.

Harry and Hermione had been quite late in picking their song, they had decided the week before that they both wanted "Your Song," by Elton John. "Does it bother you anymore being the centre of attention?" Harry asked softly.

"A little," she admitted with a smile.

"Just a little?" Harry asked, dipping her back a bit before bringing her back up and spinning around.

"I'm not used to it," she said giggling. "But it comes with being married to Harry Potter, doesn't it?"

"Aye," Harry said. "You'll have to get used to it, Ms. Minister for Magic."

"I guess I will," she said pressing her cheek to his chest. "Harry?"

"Hmm?" he asked, holding her closer.

"Ron and Lavender gave their speeches," she said coyly. "And you said you'd tell me where we were going on our honeymoon after the speeches."

Harry laughed. "I did, didn't I?" he teased. "Well maybe I should wait until we're on our way..."

Hermione looked up at him. "Tell me, tell me, tell me!"

"Eager much?" Harry enjoyed teasing her.

"I wonder if my parents would mind me staying at their house tonight?" Hermione asked.

Harry squeezed her gently, making her jump. "You couldn't stay away from me tonight if you tried... Potter." he laughed. "I almost called you Granger."

"It's going to take some getting used to," she said laughing with him. "But you're just trying to change the subject. Tell me where you're taking me!"

"All right," Harry said. "Have you ever heard of the Swan Islands? They're part of Honduras?"

Hermione beamed at him. "That's where we're going?"

"Yup," Harry grinned back at her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's pretty remote but they have a nice hotel there and some street market shopping in case you want to bring any gifts back." He spun her around. "Other than that it's just you and me... for a whole week and no one to bother us."

Hermione flung her arms around his neck and he spun her around as the crowd watched the young newlyweds. "I think it sounds perfect," she whispered in his ear. "Absolutely perfect."

"Good," Harry kissed her gently as the song ended.

"Mind if I cut in?" Robert asked, tapping on Harry's shoulder.

"Sure," Harry grinned. He saw Elinore and cut over the dance floor to her. "Will you dance with me?" he asked, bowing down comically and kissing the back of her hand.

"With an offer like that, how could I refuse?" Elinore said, following Harry onto the floor.

Lavender watched her family out on the dance floor. "Come on Seamus," she said. "I don't like being the oddball."

"Lavender!" Seamus whined. "Do I have to?"

"Yes," she pulled on his arm. "You have to."

"Well, let's go toward the back," Seamus said reluctantly. "The last thing I need is to have someone making fun of me and no matter how much I love you---I will not do the Bunny Hop, the Electric Slide or the Chicken Dance."

"I need to get you pissed," Lavender grumbled. "Then you'll do whatever I want."

"That's not true," Seamus said shaking his head. "And besides, what kind of bloke do you think I am?"

"You're my bloke," Lavender smiled at him, leaning in for a kiss. "All mine..."

"And you don't even have to get me pissed," Seamus said, surprising her by twirling her around.

"Seamus have you been taking lessons behind my back?" she asked in surprise. "When did you learn to do that?"

"I sort of asked Luna for help," he admitted. "She was kind of enough to show me a thing or two...but don't get excited...I'm still learning."

Lavender kissed him again. "For that I won't ask you to do any of those silly dances," she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Maybe just the hokey pokey."

"Don't press your luck," Seamus said.

*** *** ***

Harry and Hermione managed to get some food in them and were cutting up the dance floor again when one of the hotel employees tapped him on the shoulder.

"They want to know if it's okay to bring out the cake now," the man said.

Harry looked at Hermione. "Sure," he said. "That all right with you love?"

"Perfect," Hermione answered.

"Did someone say cake?" Ron asked.

"Figures you'd be around to hear that," Harry joked. "We get the first bites though Ronald."

Ron grimaced. "I've got seconds."

"You'll have thirds too I'm betting," Harry cracked.

Ron opened his mouth to retort, but stopped as the crowd oohed and ahhed as the waiters brought out the four-tiered wedding cake.

"Goodness," Hermione whispered. "I didn't remember it being THAT big when Mum and I went to the bakery."

"That's because Aunt Elinore made some changes," Lavender said, coming up beside her cousin. "She thought it should be bigger since we had such a large crowd coming. She didn't think you'd mind."

"As long as it's all chocolate," Hermione said.

"I wouldn't let her change that," Lavender said, laughing as Ron walked past them and stared in awe at the cake. "I think I'm in love," Ron said, his mouth agape.

"I beg your pardon?" Luna asked, coming up alongside him.

"With you!" Ron said quickly. "With you, of course."

"Good save Ronald," Luna smiled dreamily at him.

Hermione laughed as she and Harry walked over to the cake. She immediately picked up the cake knife and examined the cake wondering what the best way to slice it would be. She felt Harry watching her and she blushed.

"We're supposed to cut into it together, right?" she asked.

"I think so," Harry came up behind her and put his hand over hers on the handle. The photographer snapped several shots of them cutting into the cake. Harry picked up a relatively small piece and held it out to Hermione. "Open up," he smiled at her.

Hermione shook her head and closed her mouth.

"Hermione Jane," Harry said. "I have to feed it to you!"

"I've been to weddings before," Hermione said. "I'm going to open my mouth and you're going to shove cake in my face. I don't think so."

"I promise I won't shove cake in your face," Harry said. "And if I do, you can smear it all over mine."

Hermione looked at him uncertainly. "Okay..."

Harry grinned when she opened her mouth and he put the bite between her lips. "See?" he leaned forward and gave her a kiss.

"How does it taste?" she asked when they broke apart.

"Delicious," Harry said. "But I didn't taste the cake."

Hermione grinned and offered Harry a bite of the cake as well.

Harry opened his mouth but instead of doing what he did, she smashed the cake over his lips. "Hey!" he protested, laughing.

"I didn't make any promises," she sing-songed.

"You're a naughty girl," he shook his head, wiping the icing off his cheek.

She leaned in so only he could hear. "You'll find out just how naughty I can be tonight..."

"Is that a promise?" Harry asked wickedly.

"That's a guarantee," she said huskily. They stood back so the waiters could cut the cake for the guests. Harry led her back to the head table and she sat down on his lap.

"Look," he laughed. "Ron's practically drooling on the cake."

"Luna may have met her match," Hermione said. "So when do we leave for the honeymoon? Tonight? Or are we staying at this hotel tonight? You haven't let me in on the big plan and you know I can't stand being out of the loop."

"Hotel tonight," Harry said. "We have a portkey tomorrow around eleven that leads us right into the hotel there on the island."

"And if I know you, you've got something fabulously romantic planned upstairs, don't you?" she asked softly.

"A room that's been charmed to keep all sound inside," he grinned at her.

"I have a surprise for you, too," she said, thinking of the lingerie shopping spree she and Lavender went on a few weeks ago.

"Oh do you?" Harry slid his hands over her waist.

"Just a little something I bought especially for tonight," she said.

"I can't wait to see it," Harry kissed her gently. "Do you have it on already?"

She shook her head. "No, not yet."

"So you're naked under this dress?" Harry asked, eyeing her licentiously.

She slapped his arm. "No, you git. Of course, I'm not!"

"Damn," Harry licked his lips. "That would have been really..."

"Hermione Jane," Malcolm Brown said gruffly coming up to the table.

"Grandpa," Hermione said, feeling as if she and Harry had just been caught necking on the sofa.

"That cake is way too rich for my blood," Malcolm said, sitting down beside Harry.

"It's chocolate fudge Grandpa," Hermione replied. "I picked it out myself."

"You're just like your mum and grandma," Malcolm said, a slight smile playing on his lips. "They always loved the sweets. Much too rich for me."

Hermione smiled at him. "Well in a few minutes they'll have some plain old gelatine out on that table along with some sugar cookies."

"You are always thinking of your old Granddad," Malcolm said smiling at his granddaughter. "You looked beautiful today, Hermione Jane."

"Thank you Grandpa," Hermione hugged him. "I hope you're having a good time."

"As long as your happy that's all that matters," Malcolm said. "You make sure that young man of yours takes good care of you."

"He will," Hermione clasped Harry's hand in hers and squeezed it.

Malcolm kissed Hermione's cheek and even shook Harry's hand.

"Thank you, sir," Harry said smiling.

Malcolm grunted. "You take care of her like Robert takes care of Ellie," he said before wandering away in the direction of the dessert table.

"Did that just happen?" Harry asked, amazed.

"Yes," Hermione laughed. "I'll have to tell Dad when he just said."

"He'll never believe us," Harry said.

"You're right," Hermione leaned back against him. "This has really been the best day of my life."

"And it's not even over yet," Harry reminded her.

"That's the best part," she laughed.

The rest of the reception went by in a blur of champagne, dancing and even more offers of congratulations and best wishes to the happy couple. As the party started to die down, Elinore suggested that this might be the right time for throwing the bouquet and garter.

"All the single ladies need to go to the centre of the ballroom," Hermione called out.

Luna pushed to the front. "I'll get it Ronald!" she called out.

"No, you won't!" Anna said joining her, with Lavender in tow.

Cho shook her head. "Is that what they looked like at our wedding?" she asked her husband.

"Worse," Neville joked. He and Cho had spent most of the reception standing back and watching the party unfold. Chiaki was with them and she was presently asleep on her father's lap.

"I can't believe she's stayed asleep through all this," Cho stroked her daughter's hair.

"It means she'll probably be awake all night," Neville said. "So much for a quiet night at home, eh?"

Cho smiled and turned to watch her friend wrestle in the middle of the floor.

"One, two, three..." Hermione threw her bouquet behind her and turned to watch who caught it.

The ladies descended on the bouquet, but it was Lavender who emerged triumphant. "I got it!" Lavender said, holding it up high for all to see. "I got it! I got it!"

All the men laughed and turned to Seamus. "Oh no!" he moaned but he was grinning too.

Luna hugged Ron. "I'm sorry. She was too quick for me. But, you can make it two for two, Ron. Go get that garter!"

"Harry you can just hand it to me," Ron bragged. "I'd like to add Hermione's to Cho's."

"Stand back," Luke said, pushing past Ron. "And let me show you how it's done."

"You can't even catch a cold," Seamus said to Luke.

"Guys, guys..." Harry said. "I haven't even gotten the garter off yet," he looked at his bride who was perching on the chair in the middle of the room. "Been looking forward to this all day."

Hermione grinned and looked at her husband. "I'm ready whenever you are..."

Harry wasted no time in getting on his knees and putting his head under Hermione's gown. He took his time getting the garter off, running his hands over her legs while his friends catcalled on the sidelines. "Got it!" he finally pulled it off, the lacy bit dangling between his teeth.

Hermione giggled and blushed crimson.

"Remember who your best mate is," Ron called out to Harry.

"Remember who pushed me aside last time?" Harry called back, standing up on the chair.

"All's fair in love and...garter catching," Ron said sheepishly.

Harry counted and then tossed the garter back and laughed as he heard the rubble of his friends falling over one another to catch it. "Oh no!" Ron emerged from the pile with a victorious smile on his face.

"Two for two Luna!" he called proudly.

"You do realise what this means, don't you Ronniekins?" Fred asked flanking his younger brother.

"Yeah, yeah," he grinned at Luna who flung herself against him.

"My hero," Luna said dreamily, kissing him.

Ron swung her around. "I'll catch ten garters if you keep kissing me like that," he smiled at her.

"We could spend our free time going to random weddings," Luna said grinning at him.

"Free food and garters," Ron nodded. "I like that idea."

"And champagne," she said. "Don't forget the champagne."

"Right," Ron kissed her before he was pulled away to take pictures with Lavender.

Luna watched Ron and couldn't help wondering if a wedding was actually in their future. She already knew that there was no one else she wanted to be with and she had a really good feeling he felt the same way.

"Your boyfriend may just give Harry a run for his money in the ego department," Seamus said smiling at Luna.

"It wouldn't take much would it?" she asked, smiling at him as he posed for pictures.

"He has some pretty big shoes to fill," Seamus said. "But I think he's well on his way. He's certainly got that smug look down, doesn't he?"

"Yes he does," Luna laughed. "But I love it... it's so Ron."

"Things are changing so fast, aren't they?" Seamus asked, a serious tone to his voice. "Two of my best mates are married now. One even has a child. You're a world famous reporter and Lavender's well on her way of dressing the entire globe. And Hermione's going to be Minister before she turns 30, if she has her way. It all seems so...grown up, doesn't it?"

"Aye it does," Luna agreed dreamily. "It's just funny how a few years ago we were all working at a resort together and now we've all seemed to find our way in life." she nudged his shoulder. "And you forgot yourself in there Mr. Finnigan. You're going to be making award winning films."

"I've still got a long way to go," he said, grinning. "Don't worry I'll remember to thank all of you little people when I win my first Oscar."

"You'd better or we'll come and find you," Luna teased as Ron finished up with the pictures.

"Stealing my girl, are you Finnigan?" Ron asked, still triumphantly waving the garter around his finger.

"Stealing mine?" Seamus shot back as Lavender clutched the bouquet possessively.

"No, she's way too high maintenance for me," Ron said, shaking his head.

"High maintenance?" Lavender asked. "I am not high maintenance! Tell him, Seamus! Defend my honour!"

"She's not high maintenance!" Seamus mocked indignation. "She's worth every seven hours she spends on her hair!"

Lavender hit her boyfriend with the bouquet. "I have never spent seven hours on my hair!"

"You're right love," Seamus said. "You've only spent six."

"Do you really?" Ron asked in disbelief.

"He's exaggerating," Lavender said, glaring at Seamus. "For dramatic effect. And besides, everyone knows that how you wear your hair sets your entire look. It's very, very important."

Seamus grinned at her. "And you're the most beautiful one here," he appeased her.

"I beg to differ," Ron said, wrapping an arm around Luna.

"I think we're all a bit biased," Seamus nodded as Lavender's glare melted away.

"Everyone!" Elinore said, in typical mother-of-the-bride mode. "We're fixing to send Harry and Hermione off. We should probably all take our places!"

"Where did they go?" Ron asked as Luna pulled him over by Hermione's parents.

"They were talking to Dumbledore," Luna said, motioning to an older gentleman who was engaging Hermione and Harry in conversation. He was dressed in a Muggle tuxedo and looked like a proper older English gentleman.

"I can't believe I didn't know that was him!" Ron said, laughing. "I even talked to him at the dessert table!"

"That's why you didn't know it was him," Lavender retorted, still smarting over his high maintenance comment. "You were too busy eating everything in sight."

Ron opened his mouth to retort, but Anna walked by with Cho handing out little bottles.

"What's this?" Ron asked when Cho handed him one.

"Bubbles," Cho answered, handing a bottle to Lavender and Seamus.

"Bubbles?" Seamus asked. "Why do we need those?"

"You know how at some weddings you throw rice at the bride and groom?" Lavender asked him. "Well, that can get quite messy and so Hermione decided that everyone would blow bubbles at them when they walk by and it won't be as messy and it'll look really beautiful with the lights and all..."

Luna smiled brightly as Ron and Seamus exchanged glances. "I'd rather throw the rice," Ron muttered.

"You'll blow bubbles and you'll like it," Luna said, pulling him beside her. "Everyone else is going to do it. You have to do it, too."

Ron rolled his eyes as did Seamus as Elinore pushed her daughter and new son in law over.

Hermione and Harry started their way down the middle of the two rows of people who blew bubbles as they rushed by. Hermione was giggling as Harry led her along and she couldn't help stopping by her friends and giving them hugs.

"Thank you so much," Hermione said, hugging Lavender. "For everything."

"Anytime," Lavender said. "Well... kind of. I hope you don't plan on being remarried."

"No, this one is it for me," Hermione said with a laugh. "And I promise to return the favour when it's your turn."

"Hopefully soon enough," Lavender waved her on.

Hermione and Harry finally made it through the throng of people and out the double doors to the ballroom. She was laughing and a bit wet from the bubbles.

"That was... interesting," Harry grinned at her. "Although I like the bubbles more than being pelted with rice."

"Not a good way to start the honeymoon," Hermione said and then put a hand over her mouth. "Harry! We're officially on our honeymoon!"

"Yes we are," Harry scooped her up while the rest of the guests outside the ballroom stared. "And I do believe we have plans Mrs. Potter."

"Harry," she said laughing. "You only have to carry me over the threshold. You aren't going to carry me all the way to our hotel suite, are you?"

"Why not?" Harry asked, walking over to the large stairwell. Ever since Hogwarts, he preferred stairs to the lift, which about twelve Muggles were currently waiting for.

"Good thing you've had loads of practise with the stairs in the cottage," she remarked, wrapping her arms around his neck. She saw that someone was following them and when she caught their eye, the man stopped and pretended as if he wasn't following them. She could also see at the top of the stairs there were some bizarre looking people waiting there, too. For one thing, it was summer and these people were dressed in woolly jumpers and thick trousers.

"What's going on up there?" Harry had also noticed the strangely dressed people.

"Don't know," Hermione said. She and Harry were nearly at the top of the stairs when a bright flash nearly blinded both of them. Harry stumbled a bit and Hermione thought for a horrible moment that he was going to drop her.

"What the hell," Harry had to set his wife down. "Who the hell are you?" he reached for the camera that the person held.

"I-I'm with the Daily Prophet," a middle-aged man in a grey jumper and corduroy trousers said, smiling nervously at Harry. "Our readers are dying to see photos from the wedding of the year...the century, even!"

"Yes," a familiar voice said, smiling broadly at Harry, a Quick Quotes Quill in her hand. Her bejewelled spectacles sparkled from the hotel lights and her blonde hair was styled in elaborate curls. "You remember me, don't you, Harry? I've written about you for years. And this must be your wife..."

"Get out of my face Skeeter," Harry snarled, angered that these reporters had found out about his wedding. "My life is none of your business. And I want nothing to do with the Daily Prophet after what you printed about me and my friends last year."

Hermione looked dismissively at Rita before grabbing a hold of Harry's arm. "Let's just go to the suite, Harry."

"Right," Harry glared at the group. "Stay away from me." he warned them.

"You can't really have thought you'd be able to have a wedding and not expect any press to show up, did you?" Rita asked haughtily. "Whether you want to admit it or not, your life is front page news, Mr. Potter. Our readers care about your life and what you do. And they'll always care. There won't be a day in your life when someone won't be following you or your family. I hope your new bride knows what she's getting herself into."

Harry tensed up and Hermione stood in front of him.

"Just ignore it, Harry," she pleaded with him, but her pleas fell on deaf ears and Harry was on his way back down the hall towardRita.

"I will not give you any interviews," Harry said furiously. "I will not pose for your fucking pictures, I will not do anything for you or your lousy paper."

Rita just laughed. "Come on, boys. We'll leave him alone...for now."

She smiled at Hermione who stood behind Harry.

"Good luck, Mrs. Potter," Rita said. "You're going to need it." With that, she and her journalist cronies walked down the stairs, leaving a very irate Harry in their wake.

"Harry," Hermione reached for his hand. "Come on... don't let her get to you. Luna's already got an article sent out about us in the Quibbler giving nothing but facts... this is already old news to the Wizarding World..." her last sentence was said quietly. "Don't let them ruin our first night as a married couple all right?"

Harry shook his head. "She's right, though. Everything we do---good, bad, indifferent---it's going to end up in their bloody papers! And Merlin help any children we have!"

"Harry," Hermione said, softly taking his hand. "I knew exactly what I was getting into when I fell in love with you. If you think I'm going to just let you go because I'm afraid of some short, trash journalist and her Quick Quotes Quill, you have another thing coming. Our friends and family know the truth. That's all that matters."

"I just wish I could stay out of the bloody spotlight." Harry muttered.

Hermione cupped his face in her hands. "We're supposed to be happy and knee-deep in champagne by now, remember?"

"Right," Harry couldn't help but smile. "Where were we?"

"I believe you were carrying me," she said smiling at him. "Before we were so rudely interrupted."

Harry scooped her up. "Like this?" he asked.

"Just like that," she said, leaning in to kiss him.

Harry carried her easily down the corridor until they came to their suite he'd gotten them for that night. "And here we are," he said softly.

Hermione smiled. "The honeymoon suite, I presume?"

"That's right," Harry struggled a moment with the card lock. "Damn these things..."

"Give me the card," she said. "Your hands are a bit full at the moment..."

"Thanks," Harry grinned as she unlocked the door. He opened it and she gasped as they moved inside.

The hotel suite was the most luxurious and elegant she'd ever seen in her life. He gingerly set her down, but she still held on to him.

"This is really nice," Harry nodded, looking around. "Sure beats my cabin at Hillsdale doesn't it?"

"It does," she admitted with a smile. "But I happen to have loved your cabin at Hillsdale."

"Holds a lot of memories," Harry grinned at her.

Hermione nodded. She took his hand and they explored the suite, though Harry already knew what was here as he had set the whole thing up earlier. When they reached the bedroom, Hermione's breath caught in her throat. The bed was lined with rose petals and champagne was chilling beside the bed. Soft, romantic music was playing from the stereo system and candles seemed to be everywhere.

"This is amazing," she whispered.

"It's all for you," Harry said in her ear, letting his lips linger on her skin.

"Wait, wait," Hermione said, reluctantly pushing him away. "This isn't right..."

"What?" Harry looked around. "Did I forget something?"

"No," she said reassuringly. "It's just that I need to make myself a bit more comfortable. Remember that surprise I told you about?"

"Ahh," Harry smiled. "Right... well I put our bags over there, and no, I didn't peek."

"Good husband," Hermione teased, slipping out of her shoes. "I'll go and get changed then."

"Right," Harry said. "I'll just get... undressed then."

"You do that," she said, grabbing her bag and heading for the bathroom.

Harry undressed himself down to his drawers and settled on the bed, waiting for her to come out of the loo. "What's taking so long?" he called impatiently.

"You'll see in a minute," she called back to him. "Haven't you ever heard that good things come to those who wait?"

"Yes but that doesn't have to apply to me," Harry called cheekily.

A few excruciating minutes later, Hermione called back out to him. "Close your eyes."

Harry did as he was told. "Okay," he said.

Hermione peeked out the door to make sure he had indeed closed his eyes and smiled when she saw that he had complied. She stepped out of the bathroom and walked over to him.

"Open your eyes," she whispered.

Harry opened his eyes as Hermione posed in front of him. "Holy Merlin..." his jaw dropped.

She toyed with one of the straps of her ivory silk chemise slip and smiled coyly at him. "Well, tell me what you really think..."

"I think..." Harry's brain was shutting down rapidly. "I think I married the most beautiful witch in the world..." he finally managed.

She smiled. "What does a girl have to do to get her husband to kiss her?"

"Get down here," Harry reached out to pull her next to him.

"It's been so long," she said, kissing him.

"It's been two weeks too long," Harry replied when her mouth left his. He began to press kisses over her exposed skin.

"Let's never go that long again," she said huskily. "Never, ever again..."

"No way," Harry said, lying back on the pillows.

Hermione cuddled up beside him and started kissing his neck.

Harry ran his hands freely over her body, taking the time to appreciate each curve underneath his palms. "This has been the best day of my life, you know that?" he pushed his right hand into her hair. "I only wish my parents could have seen me. They'd be so proud of me."

"I wish I could have met them," Hermione said, touching his cheek.

"Me too," Harry said.

*** *** ***

A couple of hours later, Hermione lay asleep in Harry's arms. He, however, was having troubling falling asleep. He couldn't get that incident in the hallway with the reporters out of his head. Begrudgingly, he had to admit Skeeter had a point.

Harry closed his eyes and pushed that image of Rita Skeeter out of his head. He was on his honeymoon, he was married to an absolutely amazing woman and his life was finally at a place where he was happy.

His thoughts were interrupted by the soft sound of someone humming a tune. At first, he thought it must be Hermione but it was so dark and he couldn't see anything. He opened his eyes and saw that he was asleep on a bed, but it wasn't the hotel. This looked more like a house---but whose house was this? He looked down and saw Hermione sleeping peacefully.

"Harry," a woman's voice called to him.

He turned sharply and saw two people standing next to the bed. His eyes widened. "Mum... and Dad?" he whispered.

Lily nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Hello, Harry."

"What..." Harry looked back and forth between them. "How?"

"As verbose as your father, I see," Lily teased. "You look so much like him..."

"I don't know," James said, grinning at his son. "I think I'm better looking, Lils."

"Don't flatter yourself James," Lily replied.

Harry shook his head. "I must have had too much champagne..." he saw the empty bottle at the edge of the bed.

"You did," Lily said, patting his arm. "But that's not why you're seeing us, Harry. Do you really think we'd miss your big day?"

"You saw me?" Harry couldn't help asking. "You saw me get married?"

"Of course we did!" James said. "Lily cried like a baby."

"You teared up, too," Lily said, playfully hitting him on the arm. She smiled at her son. "You'll see what its like when you have children, Harry. And from what I've been told, they're going to be quite a handful."

"They?" Harry asked. "I'm going to have kids?"

"Of course," James answered. "You have to carry on the Potter name, don't you?"

"Right," Harry smiled.

"She's quite lovely, Harry," Lily said, motioning toward Hermione. "She made a beautiful bride."

"Yeah she did," Harry smiled down at Hermione, who shifted slightly. "I can't believe she married me."

"That's what I said about her," James said, leaning down and pecking Lily on the cheek. "Never worked for something so hard in my life..."

"That's because you were an arrogant, insufferable, smartarse....," Lily interjected.

"Don't run me down in front of our son, Lils," James teased.

Harry smiled, shaking his head as a sudden thought occurred to him. "Is... is Sirius there with you guys?"

"Why would you want to see him?" James asked pretending to be affronted.

"Maybe because I look a sight better than you do," Sirius said, coming into the room.

Harry's eyes widened. "Now I know I drank too much..."

Sirius laughed and shook his head. "Are you going to just sit there or are you going to give your old godfather a hug?"

"Can't get up," Harry sheepishly motioned to Hermione with his free hand.

Sirius nodded. "Very nice wedding, Harry. I still want to know who you got the dancing from because your dad has two left feet."

"Must have been Mum then," Harry replied.

Lily beamed at her son.

"Probably got all your good traits from her," James admitted. "I'm afraid all you got from me was messy hair and a touch of arrogance..."

"How true is that," Sirius chortled. "Wish I'd been around longer Harry. I'd have cured you of all that."

Lily laughed. "Would you now?"

"Aye," Sirius nodded.

James rolled his eyes. "We wanted you to know how proud we are of you, son," he said echoing Harry's thoughts from earlier that night.

Harry smiled, touched at his father's words.

"And don't worry, Harry," Lily said, standing up and looking down at Hermione. "She's not going anywhere. She meant what she said to you in the church. She wants to give you that family you've wanted for so long."

"She's amazing," Harry said softly. "She makes me happy."

"She says the same about you," Lily said, with a secret smile.

"Hey how do you know that?" Harry asked, but his parents and Sirius only smiled and began to fade away. "Wait!"

"Goodbye, Harry," Lily whispered. "We'll always be here for you."

"Wait!" Harry insisted. He shot straight up in bed, his bare chest heaving. "Wait!"

From beside him, Hermione began to stir. "They had to go," she said sleepily.

"What?" Harry looked over as Hermione's eyes opened. "What did you say?"

"Your mum and dad...they had to go," Hermione said hoarsely. "But they said they'd always be with us." She sat up in bed. "I had the strangest dream. We were asleep and I woke up and your parents were there...and your godfather. I wanted to wake you, but I couldn't."

Harry stared at her. "You had that dream?" he asked. "I had that dream too..."

"What?" Hermione asked in disbelief. "How is that possible?"

"I don't know," Harry shook his head. "Maybe from me talking about them earlier?"

She nodded. "It seemed so real."

"Yeah it did," Harry laid back down. "Damn... my parents came and then Sirius was here... and I thought it was just the champagne talking."

"So did I," Hermione said softly, cuddling up close to him. She rested her head on his shoulder. "Your mum said something that definitely intrigued me...she said that we were going to have kids. Plural, Harry. Kids."

Harry laughed. "You think we'd only have one?"

She laughed. "I suppose not. Your dad seemed to think I'd want enough for a Quidditch team, but your mum and I set him straight."

Harry laughed too. "Maybe enough for half a Quidditch team," he teased. "Three or four... Ow!" he said as Hermione hit his shoulder.

"Plan of having a few for me," she said. "You should let Cho tell you about what a joy labour is and then let's see how you feel about having three or four..."

"No thanks," Harry wrapped his other arm around her. "I'd rather take care of the first part and let you do the rest," he grinned at her.

"I know you didn't just say that," Hermione said, glaring at him.

"I was only kidding," he covered hastily.

"You had better be," she said, nuzzling his neck.

Harry pulled her closer. "What else did my parents say to you?"

"They love you very much and are quite proud of the man you've become," Hermione replied. "And they think we had a beautiful wedding."

"They said that to me too," Harry nodded, giving her a kiss. "What a night..." he sighed into her hair, still curled from the wedding.

"A long, wonderful night," Hermione said softly.

"And you know something?" Harry asked.

"What?" she asked.

"It's far from over," Harry grinned down at her.

"It is?" she asked, smiling back at him.

"We're both awake aren't we?" He asked wickedly.

"We are," Hermione said giggling. "I take it you didn't want to play a game of chess or watch some telly..."

"I have a few other ideas in mind," Harry's fingers left her hair and moved down her body.

"I have to say I like the way your mind works," she said.

"Do you now," Harry drew his hand back up her side.

"Mm-hmm," she murmured.

Harry kissed his wife as her hands travelled over his back. "Thank you," he said, pausing a moment to look down at her. "Thank you for making me the happiest man alive."

"You do the same for me," Hermione said. "I can't even begin to tell you how happy you've made me, Harry. My life changed the moment I met you. And I don't regret a single moment we've had together and I never will."

"Same here," Harry kissed her again.

As promised, here is the plot summary for the next story, titled Dirty Dancing; Hillsdale Nights

20 or so years after that fateful summer at Hillsdale, Harry, Hermione and everyone else are invited back to Hillsdale for a reunion. Chiaki struggles about meeting her father that gave her up so easily, Seamus and Lavender face each other for the first time since their break up 15 years previous. Harry and Hermione revisit their favourite spots and Julie Potter hopes to find romance just like her parents did. Will Nick Malfoy be the one to open her heart? Will Hillsdale work its magic all over again for every couple? H/H, R/L, D/G, N/C and many more!

See you all on Tuesday!