Unofficial Portkey Archive

An Effective Abstraction by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

An Effective Abstraction

Muirnin

And now as promised... here is:

Chapter Three - A Time to Mourn (Part B)

Monshekgarb then directed Severus Snape to come forward to which the man who reigned over the Hogwarts dungeons, swept up the aisle, his robes billowing out in normal fashion. What had started out much the same with Monshekgarb handing a sheet of parchment to Snape turned into a screaming match between the potion master and the late Marauder.

"NO! I refuse to be a party to this!" Snape bellowed back at Sirius image.

"It's a fucking apology you sniveling idiot!" sneered back Sirius.

"You think you can buy forgiveness is that it? Well THINK again" seethed Snape.

"No I don't think you can buy forgiveness! But fine, be that way. I am at least TRYING to make amends… You couldn't even get over the fact that Harry isn't James so you have to make his life HELL… well you know what 'Snivellus'… FUCK YOU, I'll see how you like it when you get to experience hell first hand!"

"You don't know what hell is Black!"

"Oh trust me Snape I do know what real hell is like… Growing up in that monstrosity with parents like mine… twelve years in Azkaban and then dealing with the likes of you for the last two years has given me quite the insight into what is normally called 'Hell on Earth'. Fine, you won't take any money… that's your loss. I ask one thing of you and one thing only… Treat Harry for who he actually is and not the demented memory that you have of James; Harry's a good kid, he could be an excellent student in potions as well… but give him a chance rather than trying to destroy him before your Dark Lord has a chance!"

"How I treat Potter is my business and none of yours especially now that you are DEAD… Do not tell me how I should treat my students." Snape sneered again at the portrait then added, "He is NOT my Dark Lord!"

"You should have listened to Albus to put away your hatred of James before you opened Harry's mind up even more to Voldemort" which caused Snape to flinch, "If you had taught Harry Occlumency the way he was supposed to be taught we wouldn't be here today!"

A sudden gasp from Petunia caused Harry to turn away from the verbal display. He watched his aunt hand her cup and saucer to Hermione, stand up and storm over towards Severus Snape with a look of pure hatred upon her face. Once she approached him there was a resounding 'SMACK' heard throughout the chamber.

"You were the one!" Petunia shouted at the potion master, "How dare you call yourself a teacher after the way you mentally abused my nephew!"

"YOUR Nephew, refused to study what I was teaching him…" Snape said to Petunia, Sirius's image was one of complete shock at the reaction to the muggle woman.

"He told me how you invaded his mind, leaving him in pain and open to your Lord Voldemort's mental torture. I may not know much about your Wizarding World, but I do know that you are an evil, hateful man."

"And what gives you that impression." Snape asked.

"Lily!" Petunia stated, causing Snape to actually flinch again at her late sisters name.

"What do you know about anything to do with our world?" Snape asked again vehemently.

"I may have cut myself off from all things magical years ago, but I do have a very GOOD memory about my sister and who her friends were. She spoke of them often so I heard the name Severus Snape… you used to be a good friend of hers until you decided to betray her and call her a mudblood when she was 15 years old! I over heard her talking to our parents about it and how hateful you had become, all because of nonsense that had been done by her other friend Remus Lupin and his group of friends. She was brilliant and beautiful and she trusted you… and you betrayed that trust when you lowered yourself to the same level as what she called those pitiful, evil Slytherin minions. You had your choice to keep yourself above the typical Slytherin stereotype but the moment you uttered those foul words you became just as low and degrading as those that serve YOUR DARK LORD!"

Harry heard a brief "whoa" from Ron in response to his aunt's tirade. He watched Snape's reaction and he could actually see an emotion seep out that was not loathing or hatred but what appeared to be regret. The silence in the chamber was deafening, Snape just stood there staring at this diminutive woman. Harry wondered what was going through Snape's mind when he heard Sirius's voice finally break the silence.

"You are truly Lily's sister Petunia, you are more like her than you will ever realized… Bless you!"

"I'm sorry for interrupting these… this… whatever it is…" she stammered looking for words, "But I couldn't let this man get away without my giving him a piece of my mind. I had a very long discussion with Harry and Hermione yesterday regarding everything that happened last year at Hogwarts and they explained to me about this so called Occlumency that you were supposed to be teaching Harry… Had it never occurred to you Mr. Snape that perhaps you weren't actually teaching Harry when he had not learned as quickly as you would have liked? I know I used to be just like you taking out my jealousy of Lily against him. But I also know that he is not stupid, he's anything but; for the last 15 years I stood by and allowed my husband to" she gulped as she admitted publicly, "abuse my nephew, however, he is still a loving, forgiving, compassionate young man and is very much like Lily was with a brilliant mind when taught properly."

Harry walked over and wrapped a comforting arm around his aunt. He knew just how much that had taken out of her to admit to Vernon's treatment over the years. He heard a triple response of 'whoa' from Ron, Fred and George as well as silent sobbing from Ginny, Hermione and Mrs. Weasley.

"I think there is a bit of Gryffindor bravery in you after all Petunia. That was a very brave thing you just did to admit what your husband and I'm also guessing here but your son" he saw her nod ever so slightly, "as well had done to Harry." Sirius's voice was gentle; he showed neither dislike, nor hatred to the woman who had raised his godson. "I always knew there was more to what was going on at your home than what Harry would admit to me… Nevertheless, as I can see that Harry has forgiven you for that mistreatment, know also this that I hold no judgment over you. This is Harry's matter to forgive or not forgive and that is what is at issue concerning your husband and son."

The proceedings had taken on an even more somber tone as everyone watched in silence as Severus Snape left the room. He made no comment upon what Petunia had said, or on any other topic that had been mentioned. Sirius looked around the room at the last assembled there.

"Well since the rest of us are here and I have a great deal to discuss with Harry and Petunia, I will forgo the private interviews since that went so helpfully well," He said sarcastically as Harry and Petunia made to sit down again. Petunia was shaking a bit more than she was before owing to post stress of the situation.

"Sirius, what is my family doing here?" Arthur finally asking the question that had been on a great number of minds that day.

"Quite frankly, the Weasley portion of the Black Estate." Sirius said with sincerity. "First and foremost Arthur, you and Molly along with the majority of your children have been a second family to me as well as Harry and Hermione. Being as you are part of my family you also get apart of my estate; not a big portion but enough that each and everyone of you will be comfortable." He quickly directed Monshekgarb to give each of the Weasley's a sheet of parchment that held their name and subsequent figures. A gasp was heard from Molly.

"Sirius we can't accept this… it's too much!" she pleaded.

"Molly, I know you are uncomfortable in discussing money. Merlin knows that we have had that discussion numerous times while at Grimmauld Place. However, part of this inheritance you are receiving is also part of an endowment I have made to the members of the Order of the Phoenix." Sirius nodded his head and Monshekgarb handed Albus Dumbledore another slip of parchment as well as one to Hermione and then to Remus.

"Now I don't care how you spend the money, hell you can give it all away for all I care. You deserve this money for all that you and your family have done for Harry and I."

Harry glanced over at a speechless Ron and then looked down at the sheet of parchment and read:

To Arthur & Molly Weasley I have made a deposit into your joint Gringott's account and I leave you with 1,000,000 galleons each, which includes the 50,000 galleon endowment to each of the Order Members.

To William Arthur Weasley and Charles Prewett Weasley - I have made a deposit directly into both of your accounts here at Gringott's and I leave you with 500,000 galleons each, which includes the endowment funds that are left to each of the Order Members

To Fredrick Gideon Weasley and George Fabian Weasley - I leave you each with 500,000 galleons which has already been deposited into your own separate accounts... as well as an additional 50,000 galleons each into your business account, that is to be used as an investment for Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. I also want to personally tell you that I am very proud of the Mischief you both have managed over the years and hope to see more in the years to come. Your subsequent departure from Hogwarts last year was in true Marauder fashion and I am most honored to have you be part of the next generation of Marauders. Do us all proud.

To Ronald Bilius Weasley - I have opened a Gringott's account in your name and have have deposited your inheritance... You can retrieve your key from my Goblin Liaison. I leave you 1,000,000 galleons along with my great thanks for the great friendship you have shown my godson Harry James Potter. I realize it is only money, but I am eternally grateful to you for befriending Harry.

To Ginevra Molly Weasley - I have also opened a Gringott's vault in your name along with making a deposit for your inheritance... You can also receive your key from my Goblin Liaison. I leave you with 750,000 galleons and my intense desire to see you fulfill the potential that you have inside; you are a truly gifted witch.

Harry looked up at Ron's face and saw that it was as red as his hair. Ron was utterly speechless at what he had found out about the inheritance. "You alright there Ron?" Harry finally asked.

"Yeah… I just can't believe it…" Ron said in shock. Had the situation not been as depressing as what it had become, Harry might have just laughed.

Harry saw that the twins had gone over to Sirius's portrait for a small chat and were excitedly informing him of one new product they had come up with. Harry heard Sirius's voice say "You need to let the others know right now." Sirius's voice got much louder as he announced, "Can I have everyone's attention please? Alright, Fred and George have just informed me of a new product that they conceived and I want them to tell you all."

"Right then, thanks Sirius" started George.

"We began thinking of what we could do" added Fred.

"That would have beneficial aspects as well"

"Not just pranks Mum." Assured Fred.

"Then we thought about"

"Remus Lupin and wondered"

"What we could do to help"

"Him during his monthly change."

"We umm…" stalled George

"Acquired" responded Fred

"Excellent word there Fred… we acquired the Wolfsbane potion recipe"

"And have converted it into an easy to digest,"

"Handy sweet." added George

"Now of course, we only know one werewolf,"

"But we felt that perhaps just this once"

"You might indulge us and become our test subject."

"If this works then we can work on patenting it"

"For use by other werewolves"

"Such as yourself."

"What say Moony? You up for a bit of guinea pig treatment?" Sirius asked with a wide grin.

Remus looked at the twins who were grinning broadly and then at Sirius who had a very similar grin. "Well, it couldn't hurt to try. If we can help even one who has my affliction; you boys have done a very admirable thing indeed." He said as he shook both of their hands as Arthur announced that all the Weasley's would be leaving then.

Saying good byes to the assembled red heads went quickly enough until there was just Remus, Hermione, Petunia, Harry and Albus Dumbledore who was addressed first by Sirius.

"I'll make this brief Albus. Grimmauld Place is yours… you can keep it for the Order… sell it… burn the place down for all I care. Anything that is left in there except for the library and my personal belongings in my old room is fair game. If you wish you could give all the silver to Dung, he'd like that. Make sure that each of the members receives their 50,000 Galleon endowment. There is also an additional 100,000 Galleons to acquire additional materials such as more invisibility cloaks." Albus nodded in acknowledgement to Sirius. "Oh and one last thing before you leave. I am not happy with you right now Albus. Your timing of telling Harry that information right after my death was inexcusable. I will leave whatever punishment I would have thought to give you for such a heartless act to my godson, who I know has not forgiven you. Good day Headmaster." Sirius said dismissing the elderly man.

After the silent dismissal of Albus Dumbledore, Sirius looked at the last four in the room. He then gave a look to Phineas that told the old Headmaster that he was free to leave as well. Phineas shrugged and left the painting. When Sirius was certain that he had no eavesdroppers in his portrait he looked to his best friend Remus who was looking at Sirius with an unasked question.

"Go ahead and say it Moony, I know you are aching to… You think I was too harsh on the old man." Sirius said.

"I just don't understand Padfoot, first there is this" waving a piece of parchment "that says my inheritance will be discussed after everyone had left and then the way you basically tossed Albus out of here without a thought to what he must be feeling."

"You know… it may have sounded harsh, but Albus did something that I will never forgive" he saw Hermione nodding her head in agreement. "Oh Harry told you about it did he?" She nodded again with tears in her eyes. "And do you agree with my assessment?"

"Yes I do Sirius… my views of Professor Dumbledore have been changed forever."

"What the hell did he do that was so bad?" Remus bemused.

"Not an hour after I had gone through the veil, our dear old headmaster" Sirius seethed the phrase "had the audacity to inform Harry of the entire contents of the Prophecy."

Remus looked shocked which slowly turned too livid as reality of the situation set in. Both had discussed the partial Prophecy many times over the previous two years and had come to the conclusion that what ever the rest of the Prophecy said, Harry must be more involved than what Dumbledore was letting on. Sirius looked over at his Goblin Liaison and requested that the four of them be left alone with his portrait and for the silencing charms to be activated.

Once they were alone, Sirius looked at Harry and said, "It's up to you Harry if you wish to disclose the Prophecy to Remus. I know the details about what you saw in the pensieve up in the old man's office."

"I've already told Aunt Petunia and Hermione, so I see no harm in telling Professor Lupin as well." Harry said with a touch of relief.

"Harry how many times have I told you to call me Remus or Moony… I haven't been your Professor for 3 years now." He turned to look at Hermione and added, "That goes for you as well young lady."

They both responded with "Yes sir." And Remus along with Sirius both laughed.

"I don't know… Sir is almost as painful to be called then Professor!" Remus chuckled. "Ok Harry, let me hear it." He added quite seriously.

Petunia gave a soft whimper at the thought of hearing those words again. Both at the same time, Harry and Hermione took hold of each of her hands, reaffirming their desire to be there for her. She took a quavering breath and then nodded for Harry to proceed.

Taking his own cleansing breath Harry spoke, "From what Dumbledore told me the night Sirius died the first part of the Prophecy the Order members knew 'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches… born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies…' However, the part that the order didn't know was; 'and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not… and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies…' That is the entire Prophecy. The headmaster also explained into more detail about the matter of the blood protection I have with Aunt Petunia. She only understood a little bit about it, but he made sure I knew it all."

"Did he explain to you why he waited until just that moment to tell you about the Prophecy?" Remus asked.

"I had asked him when I was 11 just after the ordeal with the Philosopher's Stone, but he felt I was too young to have such knowledge told to me. Then every year after that he had the same excuse although he said he came close after the Tri-Wizard Tournament… but he felt I had been through too much at that moment. He even said the reason I was not given the prefects badge last summer was because as he put it 'I had enough to be going on with'." He turned and looked at Hermione and muttered, "Don't let Ron in on that bit… he might not like that at all."

"I always knew you should have gotten the prefects badge… I really was shocked that Ron got it… But that doesn't excuse the fact that you might not have been having so many ordeals if Dumbledore would have just told you about the Prophecy in the first place." Hermione said lividly.

"True, so true. But what can we do now." Harry said dejectedly.

"I'll tell you what we can do" Sirius said, "We can start getting you trained up… but we will discuss that later. For right now let's finish with this estate because I know that the Goblin's hate to wait too long. Alright, Moony… I have a surprise for you…" He said with his returned spark of mischief. Remus gave him a companion responsive look of 'Oh what did you do now Padfoot' while he remained quiet. "Right after we graduated Hogwarts I purchased a few pieces of property. One of them is 'The Shrieking Shack', I was planning on having it completely torn down and rebuilt to be renamed the Marauder's Manor… So you and I would both have a permanent place to live, but then trouble came so quickly and then after James and Lily… well, I never got around to letting you know. So the Manor is yours… One of the other properties I had purchased was that small house in Godric's Hollow not far from the Potter Ancestral Estate." He turned and looked at Harry and added, "You will learn about that later. Anyway, that house is yours as well. There is also a monetary amount attached to your inheritance that you can do with as you may…"

"Sirius, why do I get the feeling that it's going to be obscene? How much?"

"All total your inheritance property included is about 5,000,000 Galleons, give or take." Sirius said with a grin, "And before you start pulling a Molly on me let me tell you… If I had not been in Azkaban, you would have been helping me spend my entire inheritance… but because everything was tied up due to the Azkaban deal, I only had my own money to spend and that was still a fair bit of change. So take it and enjoy…"

"I can't believe you did this Sirius…" Remus muttered.

"Now Moony, you can stay and be a good boy while I talk to Hermione, Petunia and Harry or you can go… your choice but I would love it if you stayed."

"I'll stay…"

"Good…" Sirius turned his attention to the final three. "Petunia, the reason you were asked to attend today is because I had some documents that I need you to sign as well as ask for your forgiveness."

"Why on earth for… You have never done anything wrong to me." Petunia said in a scandalized tone.

"Actually, I never informed you or your husband about the fund that James and Lily had set up in event of their death. If Dumbledore would have allowed me to take Harry that night and then told me about the Blood protection a lot of things would have been different. Namely, I would not have gone after Wormtail and ended up in Azkaban… James and Lily had discussed this with me after they named me Harry's godfather. They had set up a trust fund for Harry to handle all of his living expenses for the years before he would go off to Hogwarts. It was set up at the Bank of London and I am turning it over to you and your husband."

"Why didn't Dumbledore tell us about this account?" Petunia asked as Monshekgarb had mysteriously reappeared within the Chamber and handed both Remus and Petunia separate documents. Remus's had a complete detailed list of all his inheritance included, two properties, several hundred rare books and a total of funds that was 3,800,000 Galleons. Petunia's copy showed a bank statement drawn on the Bank of London that gave the final balance as £ 5,834,632.53. Petunia's eyes went wide at the amount; she had always believed Vernon when he had claimed that the Potter's were unemployed and penniless. "Oh my Lord, Vernon is not going to believe this when I show him…"

"Well the Potter's were rather wealthy… not as obscenely as what the Black family was, but they had a fair chunk of change. That amount you see there Petunia includes all the interest and I already had the Goblin's transfer that amount into your joint account. I just hope that this will help solve some of the issues your husband has had with Harry and will allow him a bit more good will."

"If not, then Vernon Dursley is an idiot." Petunia said offhandedly.

"Now that sounded like something Lily might have said." Remus said with a grin and they all laughed.

Sirius stopped and stared at Harry and Hermione. Harry was his godson, so no matter what he love the lad like his own son. However, with Hermione it was a different matter. She had risked life and limb to save his live two years previously and from then on; he had developed a special bond with the girl. "My how the time has flown…" Sirius said looking directly at Hermione. "The night that you and Harry came and rescued me on Buckbeak…" his voice broke just a touch at the memory causing tears to fall on Hermione's cheeks.

"Ok, let me try this again. Hermione you have been Harry's closest and dearest friend especially since I met you two years ago. I actually think that had I had a daughter I would have wanted her to be exactly like you… no changes. You have developed into an exceptionally wonderful young woman, and I will always treasure the times that we shared while you were at Grimmauld Place last summer and over the holidays. I also understand your desire to help people who need it and so I have left two accounts for you. One is for you personally as your inheritance from me… The other account you can think of as a base account for future endowment… foundations you wish to create. I have left these to you because I know you will make a success in any endeavor you put your heart and mind into… whether it be within the muggle or the wizarding world."

Monshekgarb took that moment to hand Hermione another slip of parchment with two separate columns upon it. Hermione looked at the paper and gasped. There under Foundations was a total of over 6,000,000 Galleons. However, under the personal inheritance she started to cry again.

"Now don't go all Molly on me girl, you know I can't handle it when you cry." Sirius said in a half joking tone.

"But Sirius… this personal inheritance is so much…" Hermione said.

The paper read in full:

To Hermione Jane Granger:

My dear Hermione,

You are the daughter I would have loved to have. Your presence in my life enriched me more than I could ever tell you. I won't quibble with the fact that you have shown more friendship and loyalty to my beloved godson than anyone else in his life… You are receiving this on your own merit…

There is a property also located in Godric's Hollow that I wish you to have. It was part of the parcel that was included with the property I have given Remus. That property is secluded within the magical protections that are upon the Potter Family Estate.

Within that property, you will find a vast library that includes 5,000 titles both Muggle and Wizarding; including educational as well as reference books. The books themselves were actually a birthday present that I had been plotting for Lily when she turned 25 however; she was killed a few years before that auspicious occasion… so now they are yours to do with as you please.

The bulk of your inheritance is a monetary sum for you to use to do with any way you like, I am going to guess that part of it will include furthering your education… but that is just a guess. I have opened a vault here at Gringott's in the amount of 7,500,000 Galleons.

Now don't cry any more, I want you to be happy. Take care of my godson and always remember how much I loved you both…

Love from Snuffles.

"Oh Sirius…" Hermione began but her voice broke. Taking a deep breath she looked up at the painting and said with a loving smile, "Thank you…"

"You are more than welcome my dear…" turning towards Harry he looked down at his godson. "I'm having a difficult time with words right now Harry… good thing I remembered to write it all down for you eh?" He said with a twist of that familiar grin.

Monshekgarb preceded to hand Harry a paper and then handed a second sheet to Petunia. "Now Harry, before you read we need to handle that paper that Petunia has just been handed. It's an Order of Emancipation for both the Wizard and Muggle worlds… The only drawbacks are that in the muggle world, you will not be able to drink alcohol nor will you be able to buy tobacco until you are 18 years of age. The reason I have requested the Order of Emancipation for you at this time is so that you can begin your training in full. I find it completely underhanded of Albus for not doing something in this vein to help you in regards to doing magic outside of school. You will not have to leave the Dursley's if you choose not to, however, Petunia being his legal guardian it is your choice whether or not to sign the document. Because of the magical importance of this form, it would be processed immediately with no time wasted in the Muggle courts."

"Sirius, I know what Harry must do, and I agree with you 100%. Where's the pen and I will sign." Petunia said determinedly. Monshekgarb came over with a self-inking quill and she scrawled her signature across the page. Monshekgarb took both the Order of Emancipation as well as the quill back from Petunia and left the room.

"Thank you, I was a bit afraid I would have to do more convincing; I see that having had that long discussion with Harry yesterday was exactly what was needed for you to see my desire to escalate his status in the world." Sirius smiled with satisfaction. "Alright Harry, you can look at the contents of your Black Inheritance now."

Harry's hands shook slightly as he turned the parchment over. He could see that it had been written in a letter similar to Hermione's in Sirius's familiar handwriting.

To Harry James Potter:

My dearest Harry,

It seems like only yesterday that James was setting you into my arms after you had been born. I was given the opportunity to be the first person other than your parents to hold you… and that fact has never been lost on me. I know you are grieving over my death… you most likely witnessed it and for that I am so truly sorry.

I have always thought of you as more my son than my Godson… Even before your parents were killed, I would refer to you as 'My Boy' if for no other reason than to goad James. You were truly loved by your parents as well as by Remus and me. As I ponder the details of this missive to you, I think about the greatest regrets that I have faced, and the greatest one is that I was not able to be there for you growing up, nor was I able to be around after I left Azkaban.

I always would dream of someday living with you in a house that I had purchased years ago in Godric's Hollow… That seemed to be the perfect place to live so now you will have the chance to find out…

Part of your inheritance from me actually comes from your parents. At the time of James and Lily's deaths, a portion of your Potter inheritance was left in trust to me for when you graduated from Hogwarts. All of that as well as the bulk of the Prestigious Potter Estate will be discussed after we have dealt with the Most Blackest Estate I could imagine!

All right then, From the Noble House of Black, I leave to you my beloved godson My motorbike… yeah the one that can fly. I spoke with Hagrid at these proceedings so he should be getting it to you shortly, you will probably have to fly Buckbeak to him or if you choose you can hide Buckbeak for him at your Ancestral home. That is your choice to make with Hagrid.

I divided the properties I owned but there were a couple I had not given away. One included a small tropical island off the coast of Tahiti. It is unplottable much the same way Grimmauld was and has a number of the self-same wizarding security measures. The largest difference is that there is no Fidelius at work there, but I sincerely doubt you would need that on the island. It is also totally hidden away from the Magical community. I had received this as well as some galleons that I had lived off from my old Uncle Alphard Black.

Because I had known what the bulk of your Potter Inheritance was, I chose to give most of the Black fortune away to the Weasley's and the Tonks. I'm sure you are aware by now how I took care of most everyone… however, you will receive a complete detailed account of what everyone was scheduled to receive.

That just leaves the money. I'm so sorry Harry that I had to leave you at a time when you needed me most. I am sure that you would have traded all the galleons that this letter will inform you of just to have me back… of course, I could be wrong - but I honestly don't think I am.

The amount of your Black inheritance that has been added into your vault is 12,321,459 Galleons and a fair few Sickles and Knuts thrown in for good measure. I did try to give most of it away, but unfortunately because it was tied up here at Gringott's while I was on the run I couldn't use it to buy my freedom, which knowing Fudge, he would have jumped at the chance to proclaim my innocence if I handed over a few million galleons. He is such an idiot!

Because you, Remus and Hermione mean the most to me I chose to give the majority of my wealth to you three.

Son I love you very much and always will. This portrait that you see will also be for you. You will understand more later. Not a day has gone by since I left Azkaban that I do not think of you in some way… You are truly the son I wish I had - the son I would have loved to share my life with.

Take care of yourself and keep an eye out for Hermione… she is rather special to me as you know. If not for you and her, I would probably never have had the time I had to spend with you. You are a very special young man… Be strong…

Love from Snuffles.

Tears were streaming down Harry's cheeks unabashedly. According to the wizarding world, he was now considered an adult, but in his heart he only wanted to be a little boy… who had no use for the cares of the adult world. He had told Dumbledore that he didn't want this life, didn't want to be human… What he wouldn't give for one more day with Sirius in the flesh.

He wiped the tears away from his face and looked up into the paintings eyes. "Thank you Sirius." He gave a half quirky smile and added, "I know you tried to give away more… I'll do my best to give more away as well."

Sirius laughed hard, "Well son, if you wish you can give it to Hermione to use for the Foundations she is going to create!"

"That's not a bad idea… Anyway, so is that it?" Harry asked.

"Well that's it for me… but not for you. Hold on I'll be right back." Sirius said as he slipped from the frame leaving the canvas blank.

Harry turned and looked at Hermione and Petunia who both were showing equal concern for him. "This is the letter Sirius wrote to me." He said as he handed it to Petunia who read it over with Hermione doing the same. Not any of the three of them were paying any attention to Sirius's canvas when a startled gasp from Remus caused them all to look up.

"Mum…" being all that Harry was able to utter. Suddenly, the world went black and he slipped into unconsciousness.


Disclaimer: I do not now, nor at any time own any of the Harry Potter characters which were created by J K Rowling with possible additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan. In no way is any money being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional motion picture rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc

Author's Notes: Did I leave a decent enough cliffhanger this time? I have been shirking my duties and my skills as the Queen Mum for the Royal Family of Cliffies…. Well there you have it…the second half of a very long chapter…But as you can see… things are not over yet for young Mr. Potter… not by a long shot.

If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the reviews… I do respond to the reviews, usually quicker than not. I hope that you are enjoying this story so far… I still have a very long way to go and actually expected to be into the main story telling by now. Boy was I wrong. I do post in advance to Muirnin's Musings. I am currently working on Chapter 4 as well as compiling ideas for use in later chapters...I do promise that I will not leave you more than 2 weeks between chapters... I am going to attempt to have a planned day of the week that I will post chapters...

Let me know what you think…You are also welcome to contact me by owl... Melendra is very good... Take care all…

As Always,

Muirnin - "An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---