Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pensieve by madhu893
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pensieve

madhu893

THE PENSIEVE Chapter 3

"And then James cursed Snivellus and he whined and screamed like a girl!" laughed Sirius. The whole boy's dormitory was roaring with laughter. They hadn't slept the whole night, Harry wasn't tired. It was only the afternoon right now for him. But, he faked a yawn and said he would go to sleep. He didn't have any belongings. No books, clothes, or anything. He groaned at the fact of repeating his seventh year again. He was almost finished with it in his time.

"Alright, that's ok, we should sleep! It is," said James, he glanced over at the clock. "Three in the morning. Blimey, that is way too late! Goodnight everybody!"

The marauders crawled into bed and slept for hours, it was still the weekend.

They woke up at 12 in the morning and decided to go play some Quidditch.

"Alright then, Sainty here needs a broom!" said James as he clasped his broom in his hand.

"I guess he can use the school's broom…"said Sirius as he frowned. The school brooms decrease your speed by at least 40%!

Harry heard a hoot at the window, he looked over to see…HEDWIG!

"Hedwig! What are you doing here, girl?" said Harry. Dumbledore must've sent her…and she brought something.

"Jolly, is that your broom?" asked James as he marveled at it. He thought it looked wicked!

"Yes, this is my owl. I guess my godfather sent her," said Harry excitedly, his smile drooped when he realized what he said. His parents and his godfather weren't alive, but they were in front of him right now.

"Can I have a look at it?" asked James as he practically pounced on Harry. Harry handed him the broom and they headed to the common room.

"Hello, Lily. My, aren't you looking lovely today!" commented James flirtingly.

"Shut your mouth!" said Lily in disgust. James was taken aback and he headed out of the common room, still looking at her. She walked up to the Girl's Dormitory, still staring at him.

Harry noticed all of this. Was this why he was sent here? To just watch them come together? Or to actually…bring them together?

They scrambled onto the Quidditch pitch; memories flew through Harry in a current. He loved this place.

"Oh no, Snivellus is here!" said Wormtail. Snape was actually standing right next to Lucius Malfoy.

"Just ignore him, we have a new student in our company, he wouldn't dare set a bad example," said Remus cunningly.

"Come now, show us where to start!" said James. Harry mounted his broom and kicked off hard. He couldn't believe it; he was showing off for his father. He was doing every trick in the book and doing it better than he would ever do in any game! He did Wronsky Feint, Sloth Roll, Hover and bounce. EVERYTHING!

Harry swiftly caught the snitch 10 seconds after James released it. He landed on the ground and was greeted by applause and laughter.

"James, I think he might be better than you!" said Sirius while clutching his stomach.

"Shut up! Jolly, that was bloody brilliant, where did you learn to fly like that?" asked James while slapping Harry on the back. Harry didn't know what to say, so he didn't say anything at all.

"Oh come on, lets have you two play against each other. Unless Prongs here is…CHICKEN!" said Sirius in a mocking tone and he started to cluck and walk like a chicken. Everyone laughed.

James turned crimson and kicked off from the ground after Harry. The snitch was released and both of them went after it…both were very swift. They dove, roll, screamed, played, and got injured. They were up there for thirty minutes…an hour…an hour and thirty minutes…two hours.

Finally, they were both inches away from the snitch and James caught it, but Harry did fast circles around James' hands and seconds later Harry had the snitch.

There was many claps, a little too many. For the first time in two hours Harry whipped his head to the crowds, almost the whole school was there and watching!

Harry immediately stole a glance at James; he had humiliated his father in front of everybody.

"James, I'm sorry," started Harry, but, without a word, James solemnly flew down to the ground and exited the pitch.

"What up, James? It was just a match!" said Sirius, noticing his disappointment. Harry flew down to the three marauders. All of them looked at him.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't know everyone was watching, I would have just left it in his hands!" said Harry with pleading eyes. But the way they looked at him, it wasn't a way of anger. It was…guilt.

They all solemnly walked away and left Harry there with his thoughts. Harry saw a figure running towards him from the corner of his eye.

"Jolly, don't listen to whatever they say! It really wasn't your fault, don't blame them. That thick headed James just thought he was the best Quidditch player in the world. Just because someone proved him wrong, he's going to make a scene about it-" said Lily, but she was interrupted by Harry.

"Why do you hate James?" asked Harry suddenly.

"I-I don't know. I guess it's because he's arrogant and not sincere. He always hits on me," said Lily, but she was once again interrupted by Harry.

"He loves you, that is why he hits on you!" said Harry, he didn't regret the words slipping his mouth. "Come here, I've got to tell you something."

Harry took her to the side of the lake and explained everything.

"Lily, I'm not from this time. Don't interrupt me," said Harry, Lily started to open her mouth.

"I am in somebody's pensieve, and I think its my father's. But I'm not sure because when I went to the kitchen I was only with you and Remus. Look, I'm from about 35 years from now! Dumbledore, yes I go to Hogwarts, told me to go into this pensieve. But these pensieves are different where I can interact and people can see me. But now I know who's pensieve it is, Lily," said Harry.

"Who's?" said Lily, a little scared.

"It's yours, Lily. How can I be with you right now, there isn't anybody for at least 50 meters! Lily…my name is not Jolly Jacobson," said Harry.

"What is your name?" said Lily in a stern voice.

"Harry Potter," said Harry. Lily's eyes widened in horror.

"So you are saying you are James' son?" said Lily. "No WONDER you look so much like him! And you are so good at Quidditch!"

"Lily, you aren't getting the whole story," said Harry.

"My parents are…dead," said Harry. Lily almost fainted. She was silent, which is much better than screaming, but still deadly.

"Look, Lily. I don't know why I am here. But I will find out!" said Harry.

They walked along the side of the woods. The smell of fresh Fairy Pine filled their nostrils. Harry would have loved this moment if he wasn't explaining something so scary and important to his young mother. Harry didn't want to tell her that she was his mother just yet. He would leave that for last, it would come as the greatest shock for her.

"So, you know what happens in the future?" asked Lily, she knew this was a dumb question, but she didn't want a silence.

"Yes, but I will not tell you, you will scream," said Harry. He was being cold and emotionless.

"Oh and, Lily, don't tell anybody what I am telling you! Especially not James," said Harry.

Lily nodded her head.

"I have a hunch of why I am here, but I cannot tell you that just now. There is more information you need to know," said Harry.

If Lily was sitting down right now, she would be sitting at the edge of her seat. Her ears were craned towards Harry and all she could look at was him.

"So, if James had a good personality, would you date him?" asked Harry. Lily blushed, just a few minutes ago she was ranting on about how bad Harry's father was.

"I guess so, just to try him out," said Lily.

"That's good," said Harry.

"Why?" said Lily. She stopped walking.

Harry didn't notice and he kept walking, but he stopped, too and spun around to look at her curious face.

"Er-No reason," said Harry. He knew it, it was time to tell her.

"There is a reason, you tell me the reason right now!" demanded Lily and she stomped her foot with a certain finality in her tone.

Harry knew he had to tell her, he sighed. It was now of never, no more stalling.

"Because…Because…" started Harry. He really couldn't do it.

"Spit it out!" shouted Lily, just loud enough so Harry could know her aggravation.

"Because you are my mother. You marry him and I am your son! I think I was sent here to get you two to fall in love!" shouted Harry.

Lily stared at him for awhile, then she screamed, and then she fainted. Harry rushed over to her.