Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pensieve by madhu893
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pensieve

madhu893

PENSIEVE: Chapter 4

DISCLAIMER: I really don't own anything, except the plot. JK Rowling didn't invent my plot.

-------------------------------------

Lily was immediately rushed to the hospital wing. She had only fainted, but she was turning purple. So many thoughts were running through Harry's head.

WHAT DID I DO?? Why is she purple?? Is she choking? Can she breathe?? Well, at least I know she doesn't die…hold on! What am I saying? She'll be fine, no death, goodness me.

Mate, get over yourself. You really shouldn't have told her so abruptly; she needs to take it all in. You told her ALL of it! I thought we had come to a consensus that we would only tell her that we weren't of this time. Later we would mention James and Lily being married.

Sorry, she was there and she was just…I don't know. The look in her eyes made you want to tell her everything. Maybe it's because she's my MUM.

WRONG! You need to maintain your balance, look what your vulnerability got you to! SHE'S PURPLE! Don't do anything rash. It's like the time turner, don't meddle with time.

Shut up! I did fine. Actually, what if she PREVENTS falling in love with James because she knows now that she was going to, oh no. What if it never happens?? WHAT HAVE I DONE?? Now, I'll be erased from time forever, the moment I pull myself out of this pensieve!

SEE! Now I'll even be gone, and I was the practical one.

Do shut your mouth, you are ME. You are just my practical side.

Eurgh, I'm you? But you are such a slob.

AM NOT!

ARE TOO!

I'm not even going to argue anymore, she's sitting in a bed now. HEY! She's talking. I'm going to go check.

Harry pulled himself away from his conscience and looked at Lily. She was staring at him in a different way.

"So, you're my son. This will change things," whispered Lily in a hoarse voice. She was screaming while Harry had carried her there.

"Yeah, I guess it will. So, are you just going to act normal? Because, you must understand that if you try NOT to fall for James (Lily scoffed) then I will be erased from time forever. And, I'm your only son," croaked Harry seriously and then he smirked.

"I don't have a son yet," replied Lily offensively. She looked around and then saw the marauders entering. She gasped and pretended to be asleep.

"JOLLY! What happened?" shouted James, sort of in accusation. He rushed to Lily and stroked her cheek. It tickled.

"Er-She just fainted and turned lilac. I think she has Asthma," answered Harry. He noticed James' tone and he wasn't happy.

"What's that?" asked Sirius. It didn't sound good.

"A muggle sickness," said Harry. Good, he had gotten their minds off of Lily. Except for James', of course.

"She's sick! But she looks fine, just tired. Something-SomeONE must've done something else," commented James, he gave Harry a death glare. He was still mad about the Quidditch game.

"Yes, well, I didn't do anything if that is what you are insinuating. Look, James, I didn't know people were watching us, I would've just let you had snitch. This is much more serious than you think and you can't hold grudges over trivial Quidditch games. You don't have to accuse me of trying to kill her, who do you think I am?" shouted Harry. Madame Pomfrey didn't have to send him out, he walked out in rage. James looked after him and was torn between choosing his love or his friend. He ran after Harry.

~*~

"Lily has been gone awfully long with Jolly. What's happened?" asked Alice as Remus ran to them.

"All we saw was Jolly running, carrying Lily, to the hospital wing!" shouted Remus.

"WHAT?!" the group of girls exclaimed. The whole lot ran to the hospital wing immediately.

~*~

"Silly Lily," cooed Alice. She was Lily's best friend ever since their first year.

"It wasn't anyone's fault, too much to eat…"murmured Lily. She hated lying to Alice, scratch that. She hated lying. Period.

"Let's ignore your current state and go into the subject of Potter. I know both of you fancy each other, why don't you get together? We have one year left. He might be you soul mate!" sang Alice as she twirled around the bed.

Lily laughed.

"I know, but, he thinks I hate him. I need to drop hints before I immediately burst out saying "MARRY ME, JAMES!" whispered Lily. Sirius entered, but neither of the girls saw. He noticed them being oblivious and hid behind a bed curtain.

The truth was that Lily just didn't want to say it because Jo-Harry would think that she's doing it for him.

"Fine, he's going to ask you to the next Hogsmeade visit, accept it!" prodded Alice. Lily blushed and looked around to see if anybody was there. She spotted Sirius' black hair and panicked.

"Erm-Sure, I'll do that for ROBIN," said Lily in a high voice, putting special emphasis on the last word. She looked into Alice's blue eyes and the blonde haired girl understood that they were using code.

"Well, hope you get better. It seems as if you are going to go to classes tomorrow. Come soon!" Alice bid Lily farewell and exited. She scanned the room and saw Sirius.

"Hello, Black," waved Alice. Sirius was humiliated. How could he think nobody saw him?

"LILY! Who were you talking about? Surely not JAMES," spat Sirius, but made fake, googly eyes at James' name.

"No, Sirius, I was not. A guy named Robin, he's in Hufflepuff. Transfer student," replied Lily a little too quickly. Sirius smirked.

"Right"

"You don't have to believe me, it's the truth," said Lily and she stuck up her nose. She was horrible at lying.

"WELL, I'm off to the kitchens because there isn't anybody to stop me. Dum dee dum dee dum!" Sirius pranced out of the room. Lily was awestruck and her mouth was open. "How dare he?!"

~*~

"So? What were they talking about?" asked James giddily. The rest of the marauders were waiting inside the kitchens for Sirius' sneak report.

"Robin, but I have a feeling that's code for you. She was nervous," raved Sirius. He grabbed and apple and bit into it.

"Me? Really? What did she say?" asked James incredulously. Was his dream of dating Evans coming true?

"Something about saying yes when Robin asks her to Hogsmeade," chatted Sirius happily. He felt like a girl.

"You know what that means, James," said Remus.

"You're asking Lily to Hogsmeade," said Peter.

"Say, Peter, where were you during our little Quidditch match?" asked Remus. James scowled, he didn't want to talk about the match that may have ruined his new friendship. But, he still could not believe that a boy who everybody barely knew could steal an honor that James had taken 6 years to achieve.

"Look, James, Jolly didn't do anything wrong. Just because he beat you in a mini match doesn't mean a thing. I have a good idea he didn't even know that there was a crowd; I saw the look on his face the whole time. He didn't do it on purpose, mate," said Sirius. James' look softened, maybe he was overreacting.

"Sorry, nobody's even beat me before. I just get a little worked up," whispered James.

"Jolly's a great guy," commented Remus. The other guys looked at him strangely.

"Flowing the other way? I always knew you didn't fancy girls, but really Remus!" teased Sirius. Remus smirked in an annoyed way.

"No, not at all that. It's just that he's really never been through things like we have. There aren't scars left on him like us. He's just so new to things," said Remus. If only he knew.

"Well, I'll tell you something, Jolly's real name can't be Jolly. I bet it something ghastly like Ronaldo," said James.

"Worse. Rumplestiltskin!"

"Who?" asked James. Being a pureblood, he only read magical nursery rhymes as a child.

It would be useless to tell you the rest of the conversation. They spent it guessing Harry's real name.

~*~

"Lily, dear, you really must drink up the potion!" huffed Madame Pomfrey frustratingly.

"No! I'll throw up! Can't you give it to me some other way? A tablet? Soup?" pleaded Lily. She was pushing away the bubbling, puke-yellow bowl of syrupy, sulfury medicine.

"Lily, it's not as bad as you think. Now, drink up!" goaded Madame Pomfrey. She forced the atrocious liquid down her throat and put her to bed.

Lily drank some water to wash the taste out of her mouth. It was like a rotten-egg flavored jelly bean had been mashed into a stew. She lay her head down and looked through the long mirrors into the starry sky.

"Psst!"

What was that?

"Lils! Can you get out of bed?" asked her friend Emmeline. Her golden head popped up somewhere around Lily's hand. Lily groaned and turned over.

"You can dream of Sephora and all those trendy stores later. Right now, there's something I want to show you!" whispered the girl.

Lily was dragged out of her bed and she wasn't sure where she was pulled. All she knew was that they were sitting outside the Giant Squid's lake after that.

"Great, the Squid's tentacle is sticking out of the water. What's so magical?" accused Lily groggily. She didn't like Emmeline too much then.

"Not that, look over there!" showed Emmeline as she pointed toward two people. It was Alice and Frank Longbottom. They were holding hands and identifying constellations.

"Aw, how sweet. Now, I'm going back to bed, alright?" Lily made a move to leave, but Emmeline caught her hand.

"You can't go back now. Madame Pomfrey will get you in trouble. But, she won't go looking for you now. People break out of the hospital wing all the time! Come on, I need to talk to you about something," slithered Emmeline.

They two girls leaned against an infamous beech tree as they, too, looked at the stars. The only one they could identify was the dogstar because Sirius would tell them how to find it everyday.

"Well, I , like everyone else, want to know what Potter was telling you," asked Emmeline.

"Potter?" asked Lily. She wouldn't reveal his identity that early.

"I'm sorry, did I ask something wrong?" questioned the confused girl.

"Whatever do you mean? James didn't ask me anything," said Lily bluntly.

"Yes, well, we all know he fancies you. I want to know how you feel about him."

"Em, you know that I think he's an arrogant, conniving and utterly mischievous prat. But, you see right through that, don't you?" smiled Lily.

"Yep. Everyone says it. All the Gryffindor girls know you two would never admit you want to be friends…maybe more," Emmeline threw a stick into the air and caught it on her head. After a few little random chats, they two headed in and called it a night. The following week was dreary.

Lily smiled sadly whenever somebody asked how she was. She couldn't stop thinking about Harry Potter. Everytime someone called for "Potter" she would turn in hope that somebody else held her burden. But no, Harry would only tell James the secret.

She had always thought of making a pensieve. Looks like she will make one in the future. It's only a matter of time until Potter turns up.

"Lily! I need to talk to you! It's important! I've learned something of your parents," came Harry's sure voice.

"Are they alright?" asked Lily smoothly.

"Actually…well, I was in Dumbledore's office and I overheard this…"

A/N- I can't express how sorry I am for not updating for months on end. I'm such a lazy hag. It's summer now, though, and I think I'll be able to update more. Actually, I don't know when but I had written half of this chapter already and just left it waiting. Well, that wasn't telling you a lot, but it'll do for now.

Be sure to read "Revelations". I just wrote it. :D It's a serious one!


-->