Unofficial Portkey Archive

Arranged to be yours by ChaserKT
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Arranged to be yours

ChaserKT

A/N Hello everyone! I want to welcome you to my new little story. It is very AU and a work in progress. I have just sent the second chapter to my beta and am working on chapter two. [Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:36:00 2005 ] For those of you who read my story Surprise I am waiting for the next chapter to get back to me from my beta. [Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:37:00 2005 ]So I should hopefully be able to post that in the next few days.[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:38:00 2005 ] Thanks to my beta Ken![Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:50:00 2005 ] [Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:38:00 2005 ] Now on with the story:[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:39:00 2005 ][Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:36:00 2005 ]

[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:36:00 2005 ]

Arranged to be yours[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:34:00 2005 ][Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:35:00 2005 ]

Prologue [Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:35:00 2005 ][Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:34:00 2005 ]

[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:34:00 2005 ]

[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:34:00 2005 ]

[Author ID256: at ]

[Author ID256: at ]

[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:34:00 2005 ]

The wind blew roughly outside the castle window where a young girl lay in bed. Her thoughts were not one's you might expect from a girl. For one thing, she was cursing her mother for sending her to bed early.

"You'll need to save you strength for tomorrow night dear."

Was all her mother said when she had protested, but she was soon pushed out of the room by an over-eager mother.

`Save my strength' she thought bitterly. `I don't want to save my strength for someone I don't even know. I wish I could run away from here and not have to worry about it.'

Hermione Granger felt as if her life was going to end tomorrow. She was to be married to a man she barely remembered. Her mother had told her that she had gotten along quite well with the boy when they we're children before they had moved. But a lot could change in the thirteen years since they had seen each other.

She and her family had moved from there during the war. They didn't think it was safe to raise their daughter in that environment. They had lived in Paris for awhile with her father's mother until she died. Soon after that the war was all but over, and she was a happy sixteen year old who didn't want to move back to her native country. But they did. They moved to London where Hermione had become anything but the social butterfly that her parents thought would happen. Instead she hid herself even more in the books she loved so dearly.

She wondered if all women felt this way the night before they were to get married. Did everyone feel that they were going to be sick to their stomachs? She could see the dress she was to wear to get married in hanging in the moonlight. This was enough to make her stomach twist even more.

Hermione rolled once again in bed to try and get at lest some sleep tonight. As much as she hated to admit it she knew her mother was right, her husband would want to be with her tomorrow night this time. She shuddered at the thought. This is not how she wanted to spend her 18th birthday. But that's how things were done.

She had gotten in such a fight with her father trying to talk him into letting her out of her arranged marriage. But it was no use; they had made a deal when she was just four days old. Her parents didn't tell her that she was in an arranged marriage until she was seventeen. A mere six months before she was to be married to this man. Six months was all she had to get her life in order so she could move back to the place she was born, the place where her husband was wanting for her.

What if she didn't like him? Couldn't stand to be in the same room as him? Would she have to suffer her whole life with a man she could not take to be near. And what about children? He would surely want some. But would she be willing to give them? After a moment of thought Hermione knew that if her husband wanted children she would not be able to stop him from making them with her. As strong as she was mentally, she was not strong physically and he would only overpower her. That thought alone was enough to send a shiver down her spine.

Her mother had only told her what was to happen on her wedding night a fortnight before. She had read about such acts but had never really thought them to be real. Medical books made everything about it sound so easy but what her mother told her it sounded anything but easy.

Hermione wondered what would happen if she told her husband that she didn't want to have sex with him. What would he do? More then likely hit her then force her down on the bed. Another shiver racked Hermione's body as she felt the first sting of a tear sliding down her cheek.

She had thought of running away but after they told her, her father had put locking charms on her bedroom door and windows until they left. So here she was stuck in a strange castle that was the last stop before they got to her new home, to her husband.

Hermione let out a low groan as she rolled onto her stomach. After a moment her eyes became heavy and she finally fell into uneasy sleep.

After all tomorrow she was becoming Mrs. Harry Potter. [Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:40:00 2005 ]

[Author ID256: at ]

88888888888888888888888888[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:42:00 2005 ][Author ID256: at ]

[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:40:00 2005 ]

A/N: I know that this was a very short opening chapter but the story is going to be a bit like that. The next chapter is quite a bit longer. I really don[Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:40:00 2005 ]'t know how long this story will end up but I have an idea of where I want it to go. [Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:41:00 2005 ][Author ID768: at ]

[Author ID256: at ]

So please Review they make me happy![Author ID1: at Tue Apr 5 16:42:00 2005 ]


-->