Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Heirs of Darkness by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Heirs of Darkness

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters; they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Thanks to those who have read and reviewed. This means a lot to me. Hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story.

Chapter Eleven

"Developments"

Next day, it was official. Ron had broken up with Hermione, and the news spread as usual in the school, however she wasn't sad.

The happening had instead helped her to make the choice she could not for months. It was clear Ron did not love her enough to be with her no matter what and deserve her love, thus he resolved her struggle between her love for Harry and her love for Ron. She felt no pain in knowing they were no longer together, so she understood she wasn't really in love with him. Not anymore, at least.

So she appeared in the Great Hall holding Harry's hand, and they sat one near the other, for the first time in that year. They weren't together yet, but at least she had regained her truly best friend, while Ron…well, Ron looked the scene from the Gryffindor table, barely hiding his rage. Hermione was his girlfriend, and Potter had managed to steal her from him…

"Potter, you'll pay for this too" Ron thought angrily. He didn't know why, but he wanted both of them to suffer. Definitely, he was the one who had taken more to the letter Dumbledore's words, maybe even too much to the letter.

Another week passed, and one day Harry noticed Hermione wasn't feeling well. She had a sick look on her face, so he brought her to the Hospital Wing, after the lessons. Madame Pomfrey checked her up, then, after some minutes, she smiled.

"It's all right. Ms. Granger. Your baby is ok, you've only some pregnancy nauseas"

Harry was glad in hearing that, and Hermione was too obviously. She had read about it, and knowing it was just that made her release the breath she was keeping.

"I think Ron will be happy to know his baby is fine," Harry said, holding her hand while escorting her to Gryffindor Tower.

"Well, the baby is not Ron's anymore, I guess, since he doesn't want to take care of him, fearing a contamination with Voldemort's blood" she explained rolling her eyes. "The night he hurt me we were discussing that…" Hermione said then, looking at her feet.

"Bloody bastard, he is. First he had sex with you, he got you pregnant, then he refuses to take care of his own child…but don't worry, Mione, I'll help you" he said, pulling her close.

"Thanks, Harry. You can't imagine how much I need you now" she said, a tear crossing her face. She buried herself in his chest.

"I need you, also, Mione…" he whispered to her, then he kissed her softly on the lips, for the first time. She eagerly kissed him back, so they kissed many other times, every one more passionately, just there in the corridor, risking to be caught.

But they didn't care at the moment.

Finally, Harry broke the kiss.

"I need you, because I love you, Mione…" he whispered softly to her, resting his forehead on hers.

"I love you, too, Harry. I've realised it now"

But things were far from being easy for them, even if they now had each other to rely on.

Some days later, while Hermione was studying in the Common Room, Ron arrived from behind her, pretending to be Harry, then he attacked her, blinding her with a charm and kicking her over and over, slapping her, finally he smashed her on the wall, leaving her on the floor, her shirt stained with blood.

Harry entered the common room running, having heard Hermione's screams from the stairs, and as soon as he saw the scene, he felt an hatred for Ron which he never had for anyone else, not even Voldemort or Bellatrix.

"Crucio!" he cried and Ron fell down, on his knees, shouting in pain. Harry left the spell on him three or four minutes, enjoying every moment of it.

Seeing him in so much pain gave him pleasure.

"Weasley, if you dare another time touch her, I'll kill you, this is a promise", Harry hissed menacingly then he lifted Hermione's body, covered of blood, and took her in the Hospital Wing, running.

This time, Madame Pomfrey was very concerned. Next morning, she announced to Harry the news.

"I'm sorry, Harry. The baby is in great danger. She risks a miscarriage." Immediately Harry went to her bed, to comfort her. She did not know the news yet, so he managed to break it to her in the gentlest way he could.

"Hermione…" he started softly.

She turned wearily toward him. "Yes, Harry?"

"Well, the hits you suffered…they kind of affected you deeply, so…" he continued stammering. He was totally at loss for words to say that without hurting her too much.

"Tell me, Harry. The baby is gone?" she asked.

"What? No, no. Not yet. But there are high risks it could. I'm sorry" he said, unable to look at her.

She said nothing for some moments, then lifted his head gently.

"Harry, what will happen we'll deal with. This is not your fault, either way it ends" she said, looking him in the eye.

He nodded, unconvinced.

She remained in the Hospital Wing three more days, however when she returned to her normal life, the baby was still alive. She was glad for that, and Harry too.

***

Finally, the school term was over, and they packed their trunks to return home; the feast was, as usual, excellent, then next day they boarded on the Express. Harry, Hermione, Hanna, Neville, Draco, Luna occupied a compartment, and they joked for almost all the travel.

When they were reaching London, however, Harry became serious.

"Ok, we all agree. I'll send you an owl to tell you the exact meeting point and the day and the hour of the meeting. We will pass August in the castle, to know better its inhabitants, and create a relationship with them."

All of them agreed, and so, when they reached the station, they parted their ways, but not their hearts, all together to reach their aim: the definitive fall of the Dark Lord.

Harry took Hermione's hand, and he led her to the Dursleys, who didn't want to accept her, but Harry threatened them, saying that she was of age so she could do magic out of school, so they had to be attentive. Suddenly, even if what Harry ahd said wasn't true, Hermione became the most enjoyable guest, for the Dursleys…it was like magic, but don't say that to Vernon!

Days passed calmly, and finally Harry and Hermione were officially together. Both of them had dreamed this relationship, in the last months, so they were both extremely happy.

However, having Hermione with him, obliged Harry to study, also because she knew that in August he would have been interested in all different things, so she planned their work to finish all the assigned works before the end of July. It was a hard task, but they managed.

"Are you sure we have finished school? I think I'm still at Hogwarts, preparing an exam," Harry said teasingly, but she replied with a huge smile, and kissed him on the cheek.

"You are a great wizard, Harry Potter. You are only a little too lazy…" she added then.

"Maybe with an award at the end of the work…" he not so subtly suggested.

"Maybe, if you behave well…" she replied then she kissed him tenderly on the lips.

It was by now the 29th of July, and Harry sent a letter to Dumbledore.

"Headmaster,

I want to inform you that since

I'm a burden for the Order, if not

even a strong menace, I won't come

to the new Headquarters, wherever they may be.

Harry"

He then owled all the members of the "Order of the Shadows", to tell them the time and the place of the meeting and sent an owl to the Ringwraith too to explain the situation.

Finally, 31st of July arrived, and Harry went with Hermione to King's Cross. They were beforehand, so they had the time of a little snogging session, before the arrival of the others. All of them boarded on the train for Cardiff, and then enjoyed the travel in company.

They arrived to Godric's Hollow, using the Floo Powder in a Wizarding pub Draco knew for having been there with his father. They landed directly in the fireplace of the pub in the village near the castle. When they exited the pub, all of them, except Harry, were astonished.

The "Fortress of the Shadow" was there, in front of them, with all its aura of powerful darkness.


-->