Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Heirs of Darkness by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Heirs of Darkness

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters; they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Thanks once again to those who read my story, and please review. It takes you just a little time and it makes me happy. And thanks to my beta GeoTube.

Chapter Two

"A Shocking Discovery"

When Hedwig returned, the next day, with the book, Harry gave her some food and thanked her. Then, he took the book, entitled "All The Wizarding Families Of Our Times", and he started to search his one. He passed through many known names, as Bones, Crabbe, Malfoy, and many others, as Parkinson, before reaching the page he was searching: Potter…

He started to go back on the family tree, from him, to his father, to his father's parents. All of them were dead, and their wives too. His mother, his mother parents, that he already knew were dead, so he went over, now just with curiosity about his heritage, because it was almost clear his great-grandparents couldn't be alive, and he almost fainted for what he saw…

He read the page many times, for being sure of not being in a nightmare. He also pinched himself many times, but that horrid truth was still there: one of his great-grandfathers from his father's side was Grindelwald, the dark wizard killed by Dumbledore in 1945!

Harry was totally shocked. His grandmother from his father's side was the secret daughter of Grindelwald, so the dark wizard's blood was passed to his father, and then to him. He remained on his bed, wondering if Dumbledore knew about that, all the day. Finally, he decided that Dumbledore probably knew that, but he chose to never say that to him for not troubling him. However, that was odd…the heir of one of the most powerful dark wizards, destined to kill the new most powerful Dark Lord, Voldemort. If he weren't so shocked and worried, he may have laughed about that…

It was night, by now, when he took his decision…if there was a person who he trusted, it was Hermione. So, he started to write her a letter, explaining the situation.

"Dear Hermione,

I have something extremely important

to say you, but you must keep it a secret,

with Ron too. I had just discovered that

I'm the heir of Grindelwald. It is shocking,

I know, but I want to let you know the truth

about me.

Harry"

Then, he started again to think he had to know more about Grindelwald and all of his family. But the motions of the discovery had tired him and he fell asleep.

Next day, he found Hedwig near his shoulder, with a letter for him. It was Hermione's reply:

"Dear Harry,

I really think it is frightening!

You are the heir of a dark wizard! And

one of the most powerful! I'm really

shocked, however I'll keep your secret,

you know you can trust me…

Love, Hermione"

Then, Harry sent Hedwig another time to "Flourish and Blotts", this time to buy a book on the most recent history of Magic, hoping to have some interesting information about his family. He was thinking, now, if he maybe would turn out as the new Grindelwald, or the new Voldemort. Harry could already imagine the title on the "Daily Prophet": "The famous Harry Potter turns evil!!! He is the new Dark Lord!!"…what a mass of rubbish that newspaper was! He would never cease to be amazed by their dumbness.

He smiled sadly at this thought, and started to read one book, a romance book Hermione gave him, to pass time, while waiting Hedwig with the book.

Late on evening, Hedwig arrived, with a huge tome, and Harry fed her, patting her on the head, as thanking her. Then, he unpacked the book, entitled "History of Magic of the last century", and started to search news about Grindelwald. He read all the night, a bit amazed but also frightened by all the things his great-grandfather had done. He felt a mixture of hate and pride for such a relative. Then, he arrived to a very interesting line. "Grindelwald left to his heirs a castle, "Fortress of Shadows", near Godric's Hollow, in Wales…"

A fortress, near Godric's Hollow…so, that was the reason his parents lived in Godric's Hollow. It was there his family had always lived, in the centuries, and if he was the last heir of Grindelwald, he owned that fortress now. A mad idea started to grow in his mind, but he was too tired, and went to sleep a little.

Next morning, he owled Hermione about his decision. He decided to go to visit the fortress, before reaching Grimmauld Place. So he asked her to send him a letter in which she invites him to stay at her home, to convince the Dursleys to let him go.

Hermione replied, saying that in her opinion it wasn't a good thing to do, but that she trusted him, so she wrote the letter he asked her. Harry replied, reassuring her that he would be careful, thanking her, and then he went downstairs, to speak with his uncle.

He had a simple task in convincing them to let him go. So, Harry packed his trunk, wrapped his invisibility cloak around him, flew to the Granger's house and left his trunk there. Then, he took his Firebolt again, and started to fly towards London. Here, he went to the Gringott's to take some money, changed it in Muggle money, and took a train to Cardiff.

Next morning, he started to go to Godric's Hollow, with the hitching, and he reached the place that evening. Now, he was really close to his family's hidden castle, the "Fortress of Shadows"…


-->