Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Heirs of Darkness by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Heirs of Darkness

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters; they are property of JK Rowling.

A/N: Thanks to those who have read and reviewed my story. And thanks to my beta GeoTube for the help provided to me.

Chapter Three

"The Fortress of The Shadow"

As soon as he entered the village, Harry searched the ruins of his parent's house, the house where they were killed, and once he found them, he decided to sleep there.

Next morning, he woke up early, because of the bright sunrise, and started to walk in the direction the book indicated for reaching the castle. He would have to search it on his own, though, since nobody out of Grindelwald's family had been there.

After about an hour of walking, he started to see a forest, similar to the Hogwarts' one, and grasped his wand, ready to defend himself, even if he wasn't already allowed to do magic out of school. He would not break the rule willingly, but if he were obliged to, for his self-defense, he would not hesitate.

The forest was every step nearer, and he felt his heart increasing the speed of its beating…

Suddenly, he heard a voice, a deep voice.

"Welcome, last heir of Grindelwald! We were waiting you…" it said.

"Who are you?" Harry asked, a little scared "And how do you know that I'm the heir of Grindelwald?"

"I'm one of the 12 Ringwraiths, who took care of the castle, while we were waiting for you, and I know you are the heir, because I can feel your aura. It is clearly linked to Grindelwald's one. So, if you want to have a look of your new possessions…"

Suddenly, a huge gate opened in the middle of the forest, and Harry entered. After some minutes, walking in a path, he reached a small village.

"Hey, Ringwraith…can I ask you something?" Harry said to the thin air near him.

"Of course you can. You're my Master," the voice sounded again.

"Well, this forest and the small village remind me of Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. Do you know the reason because they are so similar?"

"Because Grindelwald was so powerful, that he owned not only a castle, but also a small village and the forest is a security shield, with all the dark creatures in it. Do you know who your relative was, don't you?"

"Of course I know that. So, this is to protect himself from the Ministry?"

"Not from the Ministry, but from Dumbledore, who was the only wizard your relative feared. And he was right; in fact it was Dumbledore who killed him. Now, you know Hogwarts needs a lot of security too, and so it has a forest like this one. Plus, there's the village of Hogsmeade, but that is only a coincidence that makes all of that resemble your possessions"

Harry started again to walk, through the village, and reached another piece of forest; from that point, he could see the massive castle.

"Why cannot the other wizards see the castle?"

"Because Grindelwald's family, when it was built, decided to put a spell on it that made it visible only to the Heir. It's a similar spell to the one used to hide Hogwarts from the Muggles, only it is a much finer spell. The Heir can also let the people he thinks worthy to see it, if he so wishes."

Suddenly, some Dementors appeared.

"Expecto…" Harry immediately started crying but the Ringwraith stopped him.

"No, it's not necessary. They won't attack you, because you are the Heir. This is for the other dark creatures of the forest. They are at your orders, as I and the other Ringwraiths are, now that you came back, our Master"

"Other creatures? Are there other Dark creatures? "

"Yes, there are orcs, giants, werewolves and others. Even some vampires. Your family always defended them from the Ministry attacks, so they chose to be servants of your family. And they developed here, in the forest, so they are now a great number, very much bigger than at the beginning."

Harry asked to meet them, so after an acute sound from the Ringwraith, a crowd of dementors, werewolves and some giants reunited near him.

"I'm glad to present you our new Master, the last heir of Grindelwald" the Ringwraith bellowed.

"Hem...can you call me simply Harry Potter?"

"Harry Potter? You are the Boy who Lived? I knew that the Heir would have been an extraordinary wizard, but I never thought he would have been the boy destined to destroy Voldemort…"

"You know Voldemort? And all of my story?"

"Of course, and I humbly subordinate myself to you, great Harry Potter. Well…if now you want to see the castle…"

"Yes, I'm coming…" Harry replied, every moment more in awe.

He entered the castle, and immediately linked the image of the Entrance Hall to the Hogwarts one…it could be because he saw only two castles, but this one seemed so similar to his school…he wandered in the castle all the day, stopping only for meals. Then, before going to bed, he wrote a letter to Hermione, for reassuring her on his health, and telling her all what he had discovered that day.

After that, however, he returned to the room where he was before, and found there the 12 Ringwraith, most here had never met before, because during the day he was only guided by the voice of one of them.

"Our Master Harry Potter, we are your servants. Whatever you'll need, please let us know" then the 12 shadow forms waited for orders.

"Well, I would like to know one thing: who prepared my meals? Are there here House Elves?"

"Of course, Sir. We have here one hundred House Elves"

"And are they free or are they as servants as in the other wizard families?"

"They are linked to the house of course, like in all the important wizard families, but you can do what you want with them. They are at your orders, as we are"

"Then, I, as new Master of this castle, declare all the Elves free. If they want to stay, they'll remain, if they want to go away they are free to do that"

Immediately three House Elves appeared. "Thank you, new Master. We are the only House Elves who would like to leave, because we would like to see the rest of the world. Can we do that?"

"Of course. As I just said, you are totally free"

Then, Harry went to bed, at almost midnight.

Next day, he left, giving to the Ringwraith the work to care of the castle as they have always done, waiting for his return. He had two more school years to attend. Then he started his way back to the Grangers house.


-->