Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Draco and Ginny Show by Asparagus
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Draco and Ginny Show

Asparagus

THE DRACO AND GINNY SHOW - BY ASPARAGUS AT PORTKEY.ORG

CHAPTER THREE - The New Year's Ball

The end of December was coming to an end and with it, the Ministry was throwing a New Year's ball of some sort. They had reason for parties now that the Dark Lord was defeated. Ginny was roped into going by her family. She really didn't want to go, but it was practically forced upon her.

At the moment, she was standing at the ball, a glass of champagne in her hand. She didn't even bother to dress up much, wearing a simple strapless black dress, her hair down straight. Every few moments she glanced at the clock, waiting for a good time to leave.

Draco leaned against a wall close to the door, praying that nobody would see him and actually want to talk to him. He was forced into this by an employee of his, who had Ministry connections. Of course, most people would know that he was Luscious' son. It wasn't exactly to your advantage to have your father be a Death Eater.

Ginny was brought out of her clock watching reverie when Hermione and Ron came over and began talking to her. She was bored of the conversation in seconds, but then again, she wasn't in the best of a mood. She had a column due the next afternoon and she had a feeling that someone she definitely did not want to see. Ginny excused herself a few moments later and put her champagne down on a table as she passed it as she headed towards the doors.

He looked around, wondering if he could at least find his employee, but spotted somebody else instead. Oh Merlin. It was Ginny. And she was coming this way. He hadn't talked to her since the incident happened, but rather just went on his life, thinking that she did the same. He turned his head in the opposite direction, thinking that she might not think that it was him if she didn't see his face.

Her brown eyes looked around and she spotted Draco. Ginny's eyes instantly narrowed. 'There's the asshole of the evening,' she thought. It had been weeks since the incident at his apartment. She figured he would have at least contacted her or something to talk about what happened, but no. He hadn't. And there he was trying to hide himself. Like anyone couldn't see that hair.

"Prick," she said simply to him as she passed, heading out into the courtyard to get some air.

Draco turned when she said the single word to him, no use hiding when she knew who he was. He turned and followed her, infuriated. He thought that she wasn't mad at him after what happened. "What did I do this time?" He asked crossly.

She continued walking inside, the thought of him not following her going through her head. She would actually have preferred it if he hadn't. She stopped walking, turning around to face him with an angry look on her face. Instead of replying, she simply slapped him and turned and began walking again.

Draco's hand flew up to his stinging cheek, and walked quickly to follow her. "Ginny, will you tell me why the fuck you're mad at me?" He asked, almost desperately.

"Why the hell should I?" She replied, without turning around. Ginny continued walking, though slower than she would have preferred since she was wearing heels. In actuality, she would have liked to run out of his presence and never see him again.

"Because I don't know what I did wrong!" He roared, moving ahead of her and then turning to face her in hopes of making her stop.

"Why don't you think really hard about it and then get back to me?" She said in a fake happy manner before pushing past him. 'Merlin, what an idiot,' Ginny thought.

"I HAVE NO CLUE!" He managed to get out in one breath. `Dammit, these girls are always so cryptic. They tell you they're not mad at you, then they run away from you in a huff, not telling you why they are mad at you. `

"WELL GET ONE!" She shouted back at him heatedly. He really was dense. "No wonder you're single," Ginny snapped. "You just sleep with women and then don't even bother to contact them after. Do you realize that I could have been pregnant? Which I'm not. And you would have never known?"

"I didn't know you wanted me to contact you! You left in a hurry and HOWAMISUPPOSEDTOKNOW?" It wasn't like she told him to get in contact to see if she was pregnant. She seemed perfectly content with the 'see you around'. And they hadn't seen each other around.

"What the hell? It's called common sense you dumbass!" She snapped, rolling her eyes.

"Well, excuse me. I don't normally sleep with random women that I haven't seen in five years! I thought you were disgusted with me, and didn't want to hear from me. YOU could have contacted ME if you really wanted to." He glared at her.

"You're an idiot," she stated simply, still furious with him. Like she was going to contact him about things.

"Well you're a totally unreadable girl who doesn't dare tell me what she wants from me! You can't have a relationship without telling people what you want, and not letting them do the hit-or-miss game. It's no wonder that you're single." He was fed up with her now.

Ginny let out a sarcastic laugh. "You are un-fucking-believable."

"Thanks," he muttered tightly, just about finished with her. She was too much of a hassle to deal with anymore. He stopped trying to follow her.

"I hope you die old and alone," she said, turning around to face him.

"I hope you die as quickly as possible. May I do it for you now?" He said, stuffing his hands in his pockets and turning away from her.

"Are you sure turning around is a wise decision? A stiletto to the back of the head is instant death," she snapped, crossing her arms. He was irritating.

"Just shut up. A perfect girl like you shouldn't be even lowering herself to talk to an 'idiot'," he said sarcastically.

"Fuck you," Ginny stated. Why the hell did she even talk to him in the first place? He was such an ass.

He was too pissed off at her to care wheither or not he was being offensive. "Too late, darling, you already did that," he growled, walking back to the party. He was ready to leave and go home to sleep for a long period of time.

Ginny let out a frustrated cry, throwing her hands in the air. "Just so you know, it wasn't that good!" She shouted back to him. Luckily for her, there was another door near her so she entered, going back inside to grab her wrap and purse.

He rolled his eyes, and would be content if he never saw the girl again. She revolted him. He left the party quickly, heading onto the street, deserting the guy that invited him there.

Ginny grabbed her stuff and let her parents know she was leaving before heading out to the street, seeing Draco. "For the love of Merlin, can't you just disappear?" She vented frustratedly.

"If it would make me never have to see you, then I'm trying love, I'm trying my hardest." He ignored her, and stared straight ahead, to the end of the street where he was going. He might actually go to a bar instead, he considered.

"Well, then, I shouldn't hope for it. You aren't that gifted in a lot of things. You always seem to come up short," she smirked, following him since she had to go to the Leaky Cauldron to go back to London then apparate.

"Thanks for pointing out my talent. Remember, this is coming from a girl that was the slut of Hogwarts, sleeping with every guy she could, and then suddenly single once she got out." He was almost there, thankfully. He needed something stronger than firewhiskey this time.

Ginny stared at him, mouth agape. "Excuse me?" She stated incredulously, now, if possible, more pissed than she had been. Ginny picked up some snow from the ground and made a snowball, chucking it at the back of his head. "I did not sleep around at school, if you must know."

"Well you certainly weren't a virgin that night," he replied, turning to give her a stony glare. He wasn't going to stoop to the level of throwing a snowball back at her.

"And how would you know that, assbag?" She snapped, shaking her head. Ginny had had enough of this. She began walking faster, so that she could get to the Leaky Cauldron and get home.

"No blood, for starters..." He kept walking as well, but just all the more eager to get away from her.

"Ugh. What does it matter to you anyway if I was a virgin or not?" Ginny shook her head. This was crazy. Why were they talking about this in the street?

"It doesn't. It just adds to my point of you being a slut, and my theory of you sleeping around school. Its well known that you snogged around school, but Merlin knows what you did in seventh year." He rolled his eyes.

Ginny shook her head. She wasn't even going to reply to that statement. He wouldn't believe her anyway. "You're just jealous because I wouldn't give it to you. You had to get me drunk to get me in bed with you." Hah. Looking up, she saw that the Leaky Cauldron was less than a block away.

"Let me remind you that I didn't have to get you drunk to get you to my apartment. There, you gladly took the drink. I offered water. Even if you didn't get drunk I could get you in bed," he boasted, walking a bit more quickly.

"Very doubtful. In fact, it's impossible." She wanted to hex him so bad right now. But she didn't, she just continued walking.

"I've gotten you to get me into a half-naked state before. And you were sober. If I hadn't stopped you, we most likely would have gone all the way. And that day in my apartment... well, you came to my apartment even though you know what happens when we're in a room together. Either we fight our heads off, or snog our heads off. And you took the gamble." He raised an eyebrow.

"Actually, you didn't get me to do that. I was doing that for personal reasons. I wasn't going to have sex with you," she stated calmly. Finally. The Leaky Cauldron.

"'Personal reasons'. Wow, that makes me feel great. Ginny snogged me all those times for personal reasons. I wonder what those could be." He waited her to go into the building first.

"It was a bet between a friend of mine. We were trying to see if you did anything on legs that was breathing," she smirked, opening the door to the pub and not even bothering to hold it open for him.

"That makes me feel so much better." He entered after her. "I hope you got your money from them when I fucked you that night, bitch." Draco didn't care who was listening now.

"Hmm...I got it long before that. I didn't actually have to sleep with you. Just be able to get an article of clothing off. Which I did," she smirked, rolling her eyes. She stopped turning to face him for a moment since she had walked to the door to muggle London. "Have a horrible life." With that, she opened that door and went outside.


-->