Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Redemption by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Redemption

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, sadly, as if I did, HBP would have been different…

A/N: This is my response to a Challenge. It is named "HBP: The Redemption", by Talon Karrde, thus the story title. If some of you have read my other story "HP and the quest of the Horcruxes", you may find some similarities in some points. That's because being this one on seventh year too, I rearranged parts of my other story to fit the requirements of the challenge. As usual, if you read, please leave a comment, good, bad, the way you want, but leave it. It means a lot to me. This is the last chapter, hope you liked this fic like I enjoyed writing it!

Happy Ending

Harry started coming around from the blackness that had engulfed him.

"What has happened to me?" he thought, then he remembered. He had tried the spell he had found in that ancient book, and after that he could remember the scream of the Dark Lord when he burst in flames, thus it had to mean he had done it.

He had won.

He had avenged many people he cared about, and much more he didn't know at all. He had rid the world of one great evil.

Oh, others would rise, that's for sure. But Voldemort was no more now. His mission was accomplished.

Strangely, being in a bed with all his body aching did not help him feeling better knowing he had done it.

Giving that he had a bad headache, he thought better to not open his eyes yet. He felt really tired, so he simply lay there. Resting that way, he heard the door opening.

"Ron" he heard Hermione saying.

So she was the one holding his hand. He should have known it.

"Hermione. How's he doing?" Ron asked.

"Same as usual. The Healers don't know what else they can do to wake him up, they tried everything. They said only time will tell"

"Well, he's not dead, that's for sure" Ron stated. "So he'll come around soon or later"

Silence.

"Hermione, you should really go have something to eat, and then go maybe to the Burrow to rest a bit" Ron suggested.

"No! No, I won't leave him" she stubbornly said.

"I knew it" Ron said, an hint of a smile in his voice.

After some moments he spoke again, but his tone was far more serious now.

"Hermione, we need to talk"

"About what? This is not the moment, Ronald"

"It is instead. It's about us"

Silence.

Harry could imagine Ron passing his hand through his hair, again and again. It was clear he was going to say something difficult.

"I think we should stop dating"

There, he had said it. As Harry had predicted, it was something painful.

"Why?" came Hermione's response, in a strangled voice.

"Hermione, I can have the emotional range of a teaspoon as you put it once" and that earned him a chuckle form her, "but I'm not blind, nor I am stupid"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm saying, I know you're not in love with me, but with Harry"

"What?" Hermione said, shocked.

"Come on, Hermione. He's been unconscious for three months, and not for one minute you've left his side. I noticed the blushes every time he praised you this year, or the glances at times you would throw his way. And, I can feel that while you've been quite happy with me this year, there's something missing. Am I wrong?"

For some excruciating moments Hermione said nothing, then Harry heard her sobbing.

"Oh, Ron. I don't really know. I've been really well with you this year, but yes, at times I felt like something was missing. At times I felt like with Harry I could have it. But I can be wrong, can't I?"

"No, Hermione. See, even someone with the emotional range of a teaspoon can see that the two of you are made for each other. You can make each other truly happy for your whole life" Ron said softly. "And as much as it pains me, because I love you, I know that this is the right thing to do"

Harry heard a chair being moved, and then light steps.

"Oh, Ron. You've really matured in these years, haven't you?" Hermione said, hugging him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"We all have Hermione. We had to, if we wanted to survive" the redhead said, grimly. "And I'm more than happy to be able to contribute to my best friends' happiness" he said, hugging her back.

After some time, Ron spoke again.

"Well, I better go, Mum wanted to know if there were news about him. I'll come back later" he said, and Harry heard the door opening again.

He stayed there, in silence, thinking about what he had just heard.

"Three months? I've been unconscious three months?" he mused. "And Hermione never left my side?"

He thought she deserved to stop worrying.

"Hermione" he croaked out, although it wasn't an easy feat. His throat was completely dry, and he had to do an huge effort to speak.

"Harry?" she said, not sure that it hadn't been her imagination playing tricks on her.

"Yes, it's me" he managed to say. "Can you give me some water?"

"Oh, of course"

She immediately gave him a glass of water and helped him drink it.

Finally he opened his eyelids, light hitting him. But in few moments, he adjusted, putting his glasses on.

"Thanks" he said, now in his normal voice.

She flung herself at him, arms closing around his body.

"Oh, Harry. I'm so glad you're awake" she said, sobbing. "I've been so worried"

He decided to not tell her he had eavesdropped on the previous conversation, not for the moment at least.

He simply held her close, reveling in her scent.

He was definitely in love with this young woman. "Shh, don't cry. I'm fine now, and we did it. The bastard is gone"

"Yes, he is, thanks to you, Harry" she said, kissing him on the cheek.

He wanted to snog her right there, but thought better.

So they enjoyed being with each other again, and Hermione finally left his room to go and alert Ron and the Weasleys.

Soon later, Harry's room at St. Mungo's was crowded.

The twins, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were all there. He hugged everyone, endured some teasing from the twins, then the healer came to check on him to make sure he was fine.

"Mr. Potter, I guess we can release you now. But I recommend rest for the next few days" the man said briskly.

Soon later, they were all at the Burrow, as Arthur had managed to get a Portkey so that Harry did not have to Apparate.

Molly had lunch ready in an hour, and they all ate joking and laughing heartily. The war was won, they could go on with their lives now.

In the afternoon, Ron, Ginny and the twins played a two-on-two Quidditch match, Arthur was the referee, while Harry was forced to look at them with Hermione.

He had wanted to play, but the pretty brunette sitting near him had reminded him of what the healer had recommended, and she had been really persuasive.

If there was something Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Won, was afraid of was to be on the business end of Hermione Granger's wand. He would like more to face ten Voldemorts all together than that.

At dinner they were joined by Bill, Fleur and her little sister Gabrielle.

After eating they reunited in the living room, and Harry was once again at the center of the attention, and they all told the new arrived how he had saved the Wizarding World.

Gabrielle kept looking at him in awe, and that earned her some serious glares from Hermione, who was sitting near him. Ron, who had taken the place near Gabrielle, smiled knowingly.

"Gab, would you like to have a walk in the garden?" he offered, trying to take the younger girl away from Hermione.

The pretty French girl blushed a bit and nodded.

Ginny rolled her eyes at the girl, she had never liked her or her older sister, but since she was family now tried to be civil to them.

Later that night, Harry woke up sweating. He may have killed Voldemort, but the nightmares were still coming.

He set for a walk, and maybe a taking a bit of fresh air outside. So, careful to not wake up someone else, he reached the porch, where he found Hermione, sitting.

"Hermione, what are you doing here?" he said softly, sitting near her.

"Oh, it's you, Harry. I couldn't sleep"

"Neither could I" he said. "Nightmares keep coming"

"Oh, Harry, I'm so sorry" she said, caressing his hair soothingly. He felt the now usual monster in his chest purring.

"There's something I've to tell you, Hermione" he started then. "This morning, I was awake when Ron entered the room and spoke with you. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help to hear your discussion"

"Oh" was all she said.

"What I would like to know is, are you really in love with me?"

She looked toward the sky, sighing.

"I guess I am, Harry. It's complicated. See, in our fourth year, I realized I was in love with you when we were on our own, as Ron thought you had put your name in the goblet. I found myself enjoying more and more the time we spent alone, and more than once I wanted to kiss you" she admitted, blushing. "But, I reasoned that someone like you would never fall for a girl like me"

"What…"

"No, Harry, let me finish. You fancying Cho confirmed that to me. So I tried to get over you. That's the main reason why I agreed to go to the Ball with Viktor, but I knew I could never fall in love with him. Then Ron came and we had that huge fight"

"Oh, yeah, I remember it" he said, chuckling.

She smiled too.

"So, I thought he was jealous. And I started thinking, "Why not? After all he's one of my best friends, yeah, he makes me angry at times, but he's sweet, caring, he's quite good-looking too, so why not?" and from that moment I tried my best to see the good side in everything he did, even that perfume that he gave me at Christmas in fifth year, it was horrible but I appreciated the gesture. And slowly I found myself liking him more and more. Then he goes and snogs Lav for months, you can imagine how I felt knowing he did not like me. That's why you found me in that classroom crying"

She paused.

He looked at her in the moonlight, and thought she was an angel. How much would have he liked to hold her, and kiss her right at the moment.

"But then, he asked me out on the train, and I felt happy. Truly happy. He's been sweet and a perfect boyfriend all year, and I thought I'd managed to get over you once and for all, and I could see myself growing old with him, and having children and so on", at that image Harry's monster growled its disgust, but he said nothing, "but I guess he's right. I knew something was missing, and that something was you. There were moments during this year where I felt connected to you, more than with Ron, even if I was happy with him. Then you would do some kind gestures, like giving me that necklace, and in those moments I knew I had not gotten completely over you, and that I would never be able to. Now that you know the truth, you can have a good laugh at my expense" she concluded and ran into the house, tears forming in her eyes.

Harry was too shocked at her thinking she was not good enough for him to react, and when he did she was already in her room.

He cursed, he could do nothing till next morning now, and surely she took his actions as a confirmation of rejection. He could only imagine how heartbroken she would feel right now.

Sighing, he remained outside to think all night.

In her room, Hermione flung herself on the bed, and started sobbing quietly, till she cried herself to sleep.

Next morning, the Weasleys came down to find breakfast ready.

"But, who did…" Molly started.

"I did" Harry said. "I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, so I thought to make breakfast for all of you"

"Oh, dear, you shouldn't have, you know what the healer said. You've got to rest" she started.

"Mrs. Weasley, really. You always look out for me and prepare meals for all of us, for one time I do it, nothing is going to happen" he said smiling, then went to have a shower and a change of clothes, before coming down again. He found himself sitting in front of Hermione, and couldn't bring himself to look at her in the eye.

"Today I'm gonna tell her" he promised.

True to his words, he searched for her later that day, when everyone else was engrossed in Quidditch or chatting into the house, and found her sitting under a big oak in the wood.

"And who would this wonderful lady be?" he flirted, approaching her.

She said nothing, simply kept reading.

When he sat near her, she got up and walked away. "Can you at least not make fun of me, Harry?" she said angrily.

Bu this time he was ready. He grabbed her by her wrist, and pulled her back to him.

"We've got to talk, Hermione"

"There's nothing to talk about. You don't fancy me, that's…" she started, but was cut by his mouth crashing on hers, kissing her with fiery passion.

She was bewildered.

Harry was kissing her, and he was doing that with such a passion that not even Ron had ever put in it.

Moments later, her book fell on the ground, while her arms entwined around his neck, and she kissed him back with as much fieriness.

They parted for lack of air after some minutes.

"Wow" she said, her eyes glazed and her lips swollen. "Tell me this is not a dream" she added softly then, caressing her lips.

"If it is, I don't want to ever wake up" he said softly, resting his forehead on hers and holding her close.

"I reckon I was wrong then. You DO fancy me, after all"

"That's not right. I do not fancy you, Hermione. I do LOVE you. I have since Christmas, at the very least"

"I love you too, Harry" she said, resting her head contentedly on his chest.

They stayed that way for long time, simply enjoying the new step in their relationship, and the closeness, till they heard Molly calling them for lunch.

She moved to retrieve her book, and then he took her hand in his own, and leaned in for another quick kiss.

"I reckon this is yours, my gorgeous lady" he whispered in her ear, taking something from his pocket.

Then he showed it to her. It was the locket he had given her at Christmas.

She took it eagerly, looking at it fondly. "Where…?"

"In the place "he" kept you prisoner" he said. "You can't imagine how panicked I was that night you did not come back. If something had happened to you…"

"Shh. It's all in the past now" she cooed softly.

When they entered the house, Ron spotted immediately their hands entwined and the new spark in their eyes, and nodded, smiling.

It still pained him a bit, but he knew it was the right thing for them. Plus, he had learned to enjoy the company of a certain French younger girl…

That night Harry and Hermione were still awake when everyone else had gone to sleep.

They enjoyed the starry night, and she conjured a sheet on which they lay together, her head on his chest and his arm draped around her shoulders, pulling her close to him.

"It's lovely, isn't it?" she said.

"You're lovely" he said, kissing her. "God, I could never tire of this"

"Of snogging some random girl?" she said, pouting.

"Of snogging you" he replied, attacking her mouth once more. The kisses grew heated, and soon he started kissing down her neck, caressing her sides. She moaned softly when he found one spot that drove her crazy, and he smiled happy to have that effect on her.

Looking at her for permission, he lifted her T-shirt to reveal her bosom wrapped in a light blue bra. He started kissing down the valley between her breasts, then on her stomach, while she unbuttoned his shirt and pushed it off his shoulders.

She started grazing his back softly with her nails, while he kissed once again, pouring all his passion for her in that kiss.

With another look of reassurance, he started fumbling with the clasp of her bra, finally managing to open it, and slid it down her arms, revealing the soft skin of her mounds.

She was a bit nervous at having him see her like that, but it soon passed when he spoke.

"My, you're gorgeous" he said, caressing her breasts softly.

She felt a warm feeling traveling south in her body, and planting in her crotch, when he started taking her nipples between his fingers and then into his mouth, sucking and playing with them, as well as she could feel his arousal through his trousers.

"Harry…I…think…we…should…stop…now…" she said. Oh, how much self-control that required. If there was something she would have liked in that moment was for him to make love to her, but she wanted to wait after her wedding for her first time.

He understood, and, as hard as it was, he respected her decision.

"Of course, love. There's no hurry" he said, taking his shirt back, and handing back her garments.

They stayed there some more, in silence, enjoying the company of the other, finally happy, then some time later walked back to the house hand in hand, and once inside he escorted her to he room and kissed her good night.

Then he snuck into Ron's room and entered his bed. He was glad they had managed to not wake anyone up, when from the other bed a voice came.

"So, did you shag her already?" Ron asked, teasing him.

"No way! And even if I did, I would not tell you!" Harry whispered back.

"Ok, ok. Mate, I know there's no risk of that, but if you hurt her, I'll kick your ass" the redhead said, rolling on his other side.

"Don't worry, I don't plan to" Harry replied, his eyes dreamy.

***

Months passed, and they were as happy as they could be.

After summer at the Burrow, they had passed some days at the Grangers' and Harry had the chance to know Hermione's parents better.

Anne treated him like a son since the first moment she saw him, and Roger did too, although with the obvious little reserves a father has toward the guy his baby girl is dating.

"Oh, don't worry, Mr. Granger" Harry said, one day that the girls were out shopping, and they were chatting in the garden.

"I'm not going to push Hermione into something she's not ready for. I know she wants to wait till after the wedding for that, and I love her too much to not respect her decision"

"Wise choice, son" the man said, offering him some whiskey. "Let's make it clear. It is not that I don't like you, I like you lots, and I would love to have a son like you, but she's my little girl, and you can understand a bit of fatherly worry, can't you?"

"Of course, Mr. Granger"

"Please, call me Roger"

"Ok, Roger. Now, here's a thing I wanted to ask your permission for before I ask Hermione. I was thinking, now that we are out of school, maybe we could live together in a flat…"

Roger sputtered his whiskey, and Harry quickly vanished it.

"Living together? You and Hermione?" Roger said.

"I think that's a lovely idea" a third voice interjected. Both men turned toward the door, and saw Anne Granger looking at them.

"Mrs. Granger, really, this is just an idea, if the two of you are not ok with it…" Harry started.

"Harry, first of all call me Anne, then, I'm more than ok with it. I've seen you treat Hermione like gold, and I could not wish for a better man for her to live with" she said, glaring at her husband who seemed to want to say something. "Now, if you want to go and tell Hermione the news, I wish to have a word with my husband"

So Harry did. He found Hermione in her room upstairs.

"Hey, beautiful" he said, looking at her from the doorway.

She turned and smiled at him, walking toward the man she loved. "Hey, handsome" she cooed back, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him.

"So, have you and Dad been good boys while we were away?"

"I guess so" he said breathing in her ear and sending shivers down her spine. "We had a little chat about some things, and also about a little idea of mine"

"And what would that be?"

"I thought we could go living together…"

She kept squealing and hugging him and squealing, and then hugging him again, sneaking a kiss now and then. Hearing her father was not totally agreeing, however, put her on her way toward the living room.

Her shouts could be heard even upstairs, where he lay on her bed. He couldn't help but chuckle at her behavior.

So it was settled. The Grangers accompanied them to search for a flat, and they found one they both liked in Diagon Alley, in a not so crowded little alleyway.

Her parents helped them move into it, and after one week, finally, Hermione and Harry were in their new flat, together.

"Harry, you can't imagine how happy I am to be living on our own" she said, once her parents had left them alone, cuddling on the couch.

"I'm glad you're pleased" he said, kissing the top of her head and stroking her hair softly.

Days later, Harry enrolled in the Auror training, while Hermione started studying to become an Healer, so their days were rather busy, and they met just at dinner, or, when he was able to take a couple hours, at lunch.

However, Harry managed to organize a surprise for her birthday.

When they woke up, he did not acknowledge it, kissing her good morning as all days, then going on with his morning routine like every other day.

He kept this façade up all day, making her first angry, then furious.

She even sent an owl to him telling him he could take his things from the house and leave her forever. She called her parents, crying, but he had included them in the organization, so they played along, comforting her but not getting angry at him.

At night, finally, she returned, exhausted, to their home, and when she switched on the lights, all her friends were there to welcome her, Ron, Ginny, Luna, her parents, Molly, the twins, Arthur, even Professor McGonagall, who stayed just few minutes, and even Draco.

All of them cheered her for her eighteenth birthday, and her anger melted away. She had a wonderful night that paid her back for a day of sadness.

Once they were alone, in their bed, he pulled her close, inhaling her scent.

"I still can't believe we can do this every night now" he said, nuzzling her neck.

She giggled. "Nor do I. But it feels wonderful" she said, kissing him softly. "Thanks for tonight. I should have known you were up to something, you never forgot my birthday before"

"I would have been rightly pissed off too if you treated me like I did, on my birthday, so no offense taken" he said. They soon drifted to sleep in each other arms, something they were growing used to.

***

It was by now Christmas, and Molly had organized for all of them to reunite at the Burrow, she simply loved to have the house full in the holidays.

Hermione and Harry Apparated to their flat for a quick change of clothes. It had been, after all, a tiring day of shopping.

While Hermione went to shower, Harry hid a small package. It was his gift for her, and he surely did not want her to find it out before the time was right.

Then they Apparated to the Burrow, and were greeted by all the Weasleys. Ron had his arm around Gabrielle's waist, Harry noticed, and the younger French witch was peacefully resting her head on his shoulder.

He grinned, and made a mental note to ask his best friend for details later.

He had noticed the redhead had grown quite fond of her in the last period, but his training had kept him from hanging around with Ron as much as they did at Hogwarts.

All of them were called by Molly, announcing dinner was ready.

She had prepared her fabulous stew, with pumpkin sauce, and then there were lots of pudding, crackers, and then Hermione brought the surprise she and Harry had bought together. A big pumpkin pie, that everyone eagerly tasted.

After everyone had filled their stomach, chatter ensued in the living room.

"So, Ron, I see that you and little Ms. Delacour here have become quite friendly, uh?" Harry teased his friend, his girlfriend on his lap.

Ron reddened while Gabrielle, Fleur and Ginny, who with time had grown to like the younger French girl a lot, giggled.

"Yeah, we have" she said, looking lovingly at him, and placing a quick peck on his lips.

"Aww, little Ickle Ronniekins is growing up…he snogs pretty girls now…" the twins teased him, in a singsong voice.

Ron blushed even more, for the amusement of all the others.

Then the arrangements for the night were done. Ginny and Gabrielle would sleep in the same room, Bill and Fleur of course would sleep in his old one, the twins had their, and Harry would sleep with Ron, while Hermione would have Percy's old room for herself.

Although not completely pleased with that, Harry and Hermione accepted. They had grown used to sleep in each other arms, but for one night, they could manage. Or so they thought.

Actually, Harry woke up in the middle of the night, and not being able to sleep again without her, snuck in her room. Not a difficult feature for an Auror-to-be.

He looked at her sleeping form, reveling in her beauty.

She really seemed an angel.

Then he slid in her bed, careful to not wake her. She smiled, feeling his body against hers.

"Harry" she murmured softly.

"Yes, it is me, love" he said, wrapping his arms around her.

"I knew you would come" she said, then placed a peck on his lips and both were soon asleep.

Ginny found them that way next morning, and smiled to herself.

"They really seem happy" she said, a bit wistfully. Then proceeded to wake them up before someone else noticed.

Later, when everyone was down, the gifts were exchanged.

Harry gave Hermione her box, and she knew just taking it in her hands that is was jewelry.

Eagerly unwrapping it, she found a pair of white gold earrings, resembling snowflakes, and with tiny sapphires in them, her birthstone.

"Oh, Harry, these are so wonderful!" she said, wrapping her arms around him, and kissing him.

He caught the chance.

"Look on the backside" he whispered in her ear.

She did, while the others opened their gifts, and found engraved an heart with two entwined H in it.

She looked up at him in surprise.

He grinned at her, blowing her a kiss, and she felt all warm inside.

***

One week before Valentine's Day, Hermione had planned to welcome him home in a special way, and had cooked all his favorite dishes. She set soft music in the background, and candle lights all around their flat.

But he did not came till midnight. He did not know of her plan, but he had one of his own, one that, being he occupied with training all day, he had to work on at night, thus his lateness.

"Honey, I'm home" he said, entering.

"Where the hell have you been all evening?" she asked, furious, tears flowing down her eyes.

He expected that. "Shagging some random girls" he replied, nonchalantly.

She smiled through her tears and swatted his arm. "Prat"

"I know. But you love me for that"

"That I do" she said, kissing him. "Really, where have you been?"

He said nothing.

"Come on, tell me"

"It's a surprise" he said. "Just make sure you've nothing to do at evening in a week time"

She looked up at him. One week time meant Valentine's Day. She smirked at him.

"You know, I may have to go out with an handsome wizard, that night"

"Is that so?" he asked, playing along. "Do I know him?"

"I think so. He's got raven messy hair, and those green eyes…" she said, attacking his mouth again.

She then told him about the special night she had prepared for them.

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine, or I would have worked on my surprise another day" he said, holding her close while they cuddled on the couch in front of the TV.

"It's nothing. Being here with you is enough for me. It was just something to relieve you of the stress of training" she said, claiming his lips. He eagerly kissed her back, and once again, as almost every night, passion brought them on the border of the greatest step in their relationship, but knowing how much it was important for her to wait, he stopped.

Every time it took more will power to stop, but till that moment they had managed to.

Harry hoped his surprise would make the wait shorter.

One week later, Hermione came home from her lessons tired, but curious about what Harry was going to surprise her with.

She found him already at home, a rarity since his training often kept him away till late.

"How come you're already here?" she asked.

"Tonight is the night of the surprise, have you forgotten?" he said, coming out of the shower with just his towel on.

She shook her head, and went to kiss him, something she would have liked to do all day, especially if he was in that attire. At times she cursed her decision to wait till the wedding to have her first time.

He replied hungrily to her kiss, but soon stopped.

"If we start this, we're gonna be late" he said.

"Ok, honey" she said. "I'm gonna have a shower, and then we're off"

Half an hour later, she exited their room, a black dress hugging her figure and exalting her curves at their best.

He gaped at her almost drooling.

"What? Is this dress not adapt for where we are going?" she asked.

"No, it is adapt, of course. It's just that seeing you in that dress makes me want to stay here instead" he said huskily.

She blushed, taking his hand. He handed her an old cap they would be using as Portkey.

The usual tug at their navel started the trip to a secluded restaurant on the Italian west coast. It was set on the rocks, just over the sea, and in a moonlit night like that one, the view was breathtaking.

The waiter led them to their table, the one with the best view. He had, for once, had to brag about being Harry Potter, the savior of the Wizarding World, to have it, but in cases like this one, he admitted fame was useful.

As the waiter left them with the menus, Hermione leaned toward her boyfriend.

"Harry, this is wonderful" she said, looking at him in awe.

"I know. Only the best for my Hermione" he said, taking her hand and kissing it. Soon the waiter was back with a bottle of Champagne.

"This is our best, with the greetings of the house" he said, placing it in the icebox after filling their glasses.

They started browsing through the menus, and Hermione was shocked at the prices.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to become poor after one night here" Harry said, almost reading her thoughts. "Order whatever you feel like"

So they both chose grilled lobsters, something they had both never tried, but it seemed really delicious.

And it was, as that was one of the best Wizarding restaurants for cooking fish in the whole world.

When the dinner was almost finished, Harry suddenly got on one knee and took a small box from his pocket.

Opening it, he spoke.

"Hermione Jane Granger, will you marry me?" he said.

She was speechless. Not only he had brought her in one of the most expensive restaurants for Valentine Day, but he proposed too. She kept looking from his face to the white gold band with emeralds on it, not able to utter a word.

He was growing nervous. If she wanted to marry him, she would have said so already…so he started closing the box, dejectedly, when she, not caring about someone seeing them, flung herself at him.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes" she kept repeating, tears of joy escaping her eyes.

He chuckled, and gently stood up, supporting her too. Then she kissed him as hard as she had ever done, and he eagerly kissed her back.

When they parted, he slid the ring on her finger.

"Bring me home, Harry" she said lovingly. And so he did.

Next morning, a stack of owls kept entering their window, while they ate breakfast. Hermione kept glancing at the ring to make sure it was not a dream, but the letters confirmed it. All of their friends congratulated, and she was puzzled. How could they know already?

She understood when Harry threw the Daily Prophet at her. In the front page there was the picture of the two of them kissing, with evidence on her ring, and a big title about their engagement.

So, all day they endured people congratulating with them, and at night Ginny obliged them to reunite with the closest friends, Luna, Ron, Gabrielle, herself and Draco, who she had started dating steadily after Christmas.

Once at home, they discussed about the date.

In the end, they agreed for having it in early summer, choosing July the 20th as the date.

They went to visit her parents that weekend to give them the news, and both the Grangers were excited, although Anne a bit more. When the young couple left, she was already engrossed in her wedding magazines.

"I knew they would be useful soon" she kept saying Roger, who simply rolled his eyes.

"Poor Harry, doesn't know what he's stepped into" the man thought, sipping his beer.

Through the months to the wedding, true to what Roger had predicted, Harry found himself between some wedding-crazy women, Hermione, Ginny, Molly and Anne, all of them did their best to organize it, but the poor boy was left with dealing with a nervous Hermione, upset when the other three did not see things the way she wanted, and overly tired as she had her studies to keep her occupied too.

Soon he learned, with Roger's advice too, that it was best agree with everything they would come up with.

This lead to having the wedding on Hogwarts grounds, with all their close friends invited, so it was a rather small wedding. Harry alerted them that press would show up as usual when he was concerned, but McGonagall had assured them she would place wards to keep them out.

Then the young couple had to decide the wedding party.

"Well, I guess Ron will be my best man" Harry said, thoughtfully, sipping a Butterbeer in their living room, while Hermione scribbled down.

"And I could ask Ginny to be my maid-of-honor. Or do you think Mum would be better?"

"I don't know. Maybe she's too involved, being this close to you. She'll surely be emotional, so maybe it would be the best for her if she did not have responsibilities too"

"Yes, guess you're right" she said.

Few days later the invitations were sent away.

Harry James Potter

And

Hermione Jane Granger

Request your presence to their wedding,

That is going to be celebrated at

Hogwarts Castle

On July 20th, at midday.

Please confirm your presence by owl

Soon the wedding party, that was completed with Remus and Neville being the other groomsmen and Tonks and Luna being the other two bridesmaids, had to go choosing the robes for the ceremony.

Ron and the other men were given dark gray robes, with classical white shirts, while the girls were to wear stunningly beautiful light pink robes.

Remus was almost drooling when he saw Tonks in that one.

Finally the day came.

Harry was nervously fidgeting with his black robes in the Great Hall, waiting for the moment of going outside.

Ron and the other groomsmen were trying to keep him calm.

"Harry, son, if you pace a bit more you're going to leave marks on the floor" Remus said. "It seems to have gone back to your father's wedding" the werewolf chuckled.

"Was he this nervous?"

"Yes, he was. He almost retched before entering the church"

Harry smiled at that. He could imagine it, because he was feeling the same way.

In that moment Ginny entered to speak with her brother.

"Hi, Harry. You look really handsome, you know" she said flirtatiously. "Maybe I could jump you myself, since your bride seems to have changed her mind…" she purred.

"What?" Harry said, paling. He moved to go and search Hermione when all of them blocked him.

"Easy, mate. It was just a prank" Remus said, laughing at his face.

Ginny giggled. "Don't worry, she's as nervous as you are. But, I confirm, you ARE handsome" she said, leaving with a last wink.

Then the moment came. He walked outside, in front of the altar, and waited for her to come. An area had been conceived for her to dress, and from there she would be coming. But, the charms stopped Harry from seeing her before she stepped on the aisle leading toward the altar.

The Wedding March started sounding, and there she was, her father on her arm.

His breath caught in his throat.

She was angelic, with her hair fixed to have small tendrils adorning her face, and the rest in an elegant chignon and one single white rose adorning her ear, and a light veil covering her head.

Her dress was clutching at her form very well, exalting her body. Since it was summer, it was sleeveless, with small straps keeping it in place on her shoulders. It had sparkling little diamonds on it, that reflected the sunlight giving her an almost ethereal glow. Although the dress had a V-neck, it did not plunge too deep, but the way it was clinging to her body made her look sexy all the same.

Harry was glad he had convinced Madam Malkin's to create something special for her, although he had not seen the result till that moment.

She noticed his gaze, and blushed slightly. Finally, she was at his side.

"Who gives this witch away?" the officer asked.

"I, her father, do" Roger said, emotion clear in his voice.

She kissed him on the cheek before he left to join her mother who was already in tears.

"We are here today, to unite in marriage Harry James Potter and Hermione Jane Granger" the officer announced. "If there is someone who does not want this marriage to be celebrated, speak now or stay silent forever"

No one spoke.

"Very well. Now, for your vows, Harry take her hand, then speak. Hermione, you do the same after him"

"Hermione, I've come to realize my love for you just one year and a half before this day, but I think I've loved you always. You've been my rock in the tempest, and more than once your presence made my day. I don't know if I would have been able to do what I did without you. I'll love you forever"

"Harry, I knew your fame even before meeting you. In these years I've come to see that while you could have been a spoiled brat, just for who you are, you are instead kind, caring, and loving. You do all you can to help the others, and blame yourself every time someone gets hurt, even when blame is not to be assigned to you. For who you truly are, I love you, Harry" she said, looking at him lovingly.

Then Ron brought the rings.

"With this ring, I thee wed" Harry said, placing it on her finger with shaking hands.

"With this ring I thee wed" Hermione repeated, sliding the ring on his finger, not without difficulties as she couldn't hold her hand still if she tried.

"Harry and Hermione, I declare you husband and wife" the priest said. "Harry, you may kiss your wife"

He didn't wait for the priest saying it again. Swiftly he raised her veil, and she thought in that moment that her mother was right, it really was one of the most emotional moments of the ceremony and her whole life, and thanked God she listened to her in the end, then he placed his lips on hers softly.

Cheers erupted in the grounds, where the Weasleys, the staff and some students of their class were reunited.

Then, a sumptuous banquet followed in the Great Hall, in which Ron really had a field day.

Everyone enjoyed it, eating lots of deliciously cooked dishes, then the moment of the dances came.

As tradition, the newlyweds opened them, swinging to the soft notes of a beautiful Muggle song by Elton John, "Can you Feel the Love Tonight".

There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of a rolling wind can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

They danced to the slow rhythm looking lovingly in each other eyes, from which their happiness was clear and radiant.

Then they kissed once more, for the crowd's joy, as cheers erupted again.

They then switched partners. Harry danced with Ginny, Hermione with Ron. Even if they were with their ex significant others, there was no awkwardness, but only wishes of happiness from their friends.

"Harry, I've never seen your eyes shine like this, not even when we were together" Ginny said, smiling.

"I could say the same of you, Gin" Harry said. "How are things going with Draco?"

"Perfectly. He's so sweet, who would have thought back in school?" she said dreamily.

"Guess another wedding is near then" he teased her.

"I don't know about it, but I surely hope it is" she said.

Hermione, as said, was dancing with Ron.

"So, keeping him in line, are you?" he asked her.

"Well, not that he needs it, unlike someone else we know…" she replied, looking at him, who reddened on his ears.

"You're so cute when you redden this way" she teased him.

"Hermione, men aren't cute. Handsome, maybe, but not cute"

"Ok, then, Mr. Handsome, how are things going with Gabrielle?"

"Very well. I think I might want to marry her soon" he confessed.

"That's great, Ron!" Hermione squealed.

"Shh. There's nothing concrete for now" he said, placing a finger on her lips.

"Still, that's great" she said, grinning.

Few dances later, the ritual of the throwing of the bouquet was held. Gabrielle managed to get it, beating Ginny for mere inches.

The blonde girl ran to Ron, squealing. He caught Hermione's eye and she grinned at him. He blushed.

"Congrats, Gabrielle, Ron. Seems a wedding is near for you" Harry said. Then there was the throwing of the garter, and there Draco was the faster. He was a Seeker after all.

"Well, another probable wedding then. Congrats Draco, Ginny" Hermione said.

Once everyone was gone, they Apparated back to their flat. They took their luggage and Apparated straightaway to the Wizarding resort in Anguilla, in the Caribbean sea, where they would pass their honeymoon.

He took her in his arms, and brought her into their bedroom.

She giggled. "That's very manly of you, Harry" she said, when he placed her on the bed.

"Anything for my extremely sexy wife" he said, kissing her hungrily.

He slid the straps of her wedding dress down her arms, just to find she was wearing no bra under it. So he caressed her bare breasts, before engulfing one nipple in his mouth, and sucking on it, while teasing the other with his hand.

She moaned loudly, happy that finally they could fulfil their love. There was no stopping that night.

Soon he started tracing patterns on her belly with his fingers, sliding the dress down and down till it fell from her legs, leaving her with only her lace panties on.

"You're way too dressed, Mr. Potter" she said, starting to shred his clothing, first the robes, then the white shirt, in the end the trousers.

She started rubbing his crotch though the material of his boxers, and he growled in pleasure.

That night, they made love to each other for the first time. The first in their whole lives, almost like they had been saving themselves for each other.

Next morning, they lay in bed, cuddling.

Harry kept stroking her hair softly, while she doodled on his chest with her finger, her head resting just there.

She still couldn't believe how wonderful last night had been. Four times he made love to her, every one they came together.

"So, what do you like to do today, love?" he asked.

"Well, I've heard here they have such wonderful beaches, I guess some tan can't do bad" she said. "Plus, you get to see me in bikini" she said, sultry.

"I prefer you like you are now, naked, thank you very much" Harry said. "But I guess we can't stay coped up in this room making love for two weeks, can we?" he sighed, starting to get up.

They rented a car, and went to the most famous beach on the isle, Shoal Bay West.

"Wow. Never seen sand this white" she said, putting her sunglasses on.

Harry looked in wonder at the scenery. The water was turquoise, and he couldn't help to go and have a swim immediately.

Soon she followed him.

The sun was really hot, so they couldn't stay sunbathing for long. All day it was a continuous coming and going from the water, searching for some relief to the heat.

They strolled on the long beach three times, collecting shells of every shape and dimension.

Then at dinner they went to one of the best restaurants, "Straw Hat". There they could taste some of the specialties of the place, of course fish.

In their stay they managed to explore the whole island, and one of their preferred beaches was the one in front of the Cap Juluca Resort.

They went snorkelling, and managed to see some sea turtles and even two little sharks swimming back and forth in front of the beach, probably searching for small fishes.

They took Muggle photos of the beaches to show their friends, and some of the animals too. And, they managed to get a fair amount of love-making at night.

But as all the beautiful things, their holiday finished. They Apparated back to their flat two weeks later, lovely memories forever in their heads, and ready to restart their lives.

Days later, Hermione started being sick.

Every morning, she would have to go and puke, at times even twice before she could go on with her day.

Harry was worried, so she after some discussions, agreed to see an healer.

The man ran his spells on her, and then grinned.

"Mrs. Potter, I've the happy task to tell you, you're pregnant"

Hermione could not believe her ears. She was going to be Mum! She was going to have Harry's baby!

As soon as she exited St. Mungo's she Apparated back home, ignoring her afternoon lessons, and called her mother to give her the news.

Anne was simply delighted to know she was going to be a Granny.

Hermione took the afternoon to prepare a romantic setting, for a quiet dinner with her beloved husband and father-to-be.

This time, he was on time, having got her owl telling him to come home for dinner. He knew she went to see the healer, and was eager to know the response.

She kept him guessing all dinner, but then the excitement was too much.

"Harry, I'm pregnant! We're going to be parents!" she squealed.

On his face a grin slowly spread, and he stood up. He took the woman he loved so much in his arms and started spinning her around, in joy.

"A baby! We're gonna have a baby!" he kept shouting over and over, through her giggles.

That was a night for sweetness. They fell asleep in each other arms, forgetting their raw passion for once.

As time passed, Harry started learning that dealing with pregnant women was not an easy task. He would have preferred to have another go with the Dark Lord than tending to a pregnant Hermione, as she had sudden mood swings.

One moment they would be cuddling lovingly on the couch, the next she would find one little detail out of its place, and she would start shouting at him.

"Harry James Potter! How many times have I told you to put back the jam after you take it?" she shouted at the top of her lungs one morning, while he was finishing dressing.

He cringed.

"Sorry, love" he said sheepishly walking into the kitchen, and putting it in the right place.

"Don't sweet-talk me" she said, storming off.

"Perfect way to start the day" Harry thought, Apparating away.

At times they would go out with their friends, in the first months of her pregnancy.

She was not showing yet, or if she did, it was something imperceptible, but she kept trying all the dresses of her wardrobe, throwing them away in disgust.

"I'm a whale" she said, huffing.

"No, you're not" Harry said, wrapping his arms around her. "And even if you were, I would love you all the same"

She turned in his embrace.

"Thanks, love. I know at times I am mean to you, with the mood swings and all, but really, I don't think I could go trough nine months of this without you" she said, kissing him softly.

"If you continue doing that, we may not leave at all, you know"

"Would it be that bad?" she pouted.

He chuckled. "Come on, let's be there on time for once" he said, shaking his head. Every time it was the same thing. They kept getting sidetracked with other, err, interesting activities.

Months passed, and Hermione's belly grew. She could feel the baby kick now and then, and she got tired easily.

Soon it was time to bed-rest, for her.

Harry exhausted himself in going through his training and caring about his wife and the house, but the smile never left his face.

He was going to have his greatest wish since childhood, a family, and he was ready to do everything he had to for that.

Hermione started getting strange cravings, and it was better for him to comply, because an angered pregnant witch had not perfect control over her magic, as they learned when one night she shattered a light on the other side of the room without even moving a finger.

So he would get her chocolate ice-cream with pumpkin sauce around it, or some steak with whipped cream, or something as strange as this.

He wondered how could she eat such things, but he did not ask.

Roger had instructed him, it was better not know, just act. And he followed the rules.

Finally, the moment of bringing another Potter to light came.

That night, Harry was just finishing in the kitchen, after washing the dishes, while Hermione was in bed, already asleep. He was startled by screams from the main bedroom.

In one moment he was to her side.

"Hermione, dear, what's happening?" he said, concerned.

"I…think…my…waters…are…broken" she managed to say through gritted teeth. The pain was killing her.

"Ok, hang on just a moment" he said, taking the luggage they had already prepared for this moment, and then he Portkeyed them to St. Mungo's. Better it than Floo.

He steadied her when they landed, then walked to the front desk.

"My wife is in pain, she's about to give birth to our child" he said.

"I fear you'll have to wait, our healers are all busy right now" the nurse said him without even looking.

"I'm Harry-bloody-Potter, now get me a healer now, and make it the best you have" he growled, showing her his scar.

Minutes later they were in the most comfortable room of the hospital, and the best healer was checking Hermione's conditions.

After few minutes, she cast a pain-relieving spell on her, and she relaxed.

"She's going to have a painful labour, I guess. The baby is some days early, but he's fine. Well, they are fine, I should say" she told Harry with a smile.

Harry was too distraught to understand her. Only thing he understood was that all was under control, although Hermione would be in pain when giving birth.

"Can I be there when she…?"

"Of course you can, but be ready to be called some not pleasant names by her. All women in labour do that"

Some hours later, the worst moment came.

Harry sit there, holding her hand, while Hermione followed the healer's instruction, pushing when told, resting a bit when she could.

The other witch ahd stopped casting the pain-relieving spell on her because it could hurt the babies now, so she gripped Harry's hand viciously while pushing again, through the waves of pain flooding through her body.

"Harry James Potter, if you dare to put me through this again, I swear I'll hex you into the next millennium, you bastard"

Harry ignored her rants, focusing on holding her hand, although her grip was making it difficult to control his own as the blood was stopping to pass through it. His hand was now ghostly white, but it was nothing in confront to her pain.

He simply stayed there.

Four hours later, two new Potters were in the world.

A girl and a boy they were, and Hermione kept them lovingly in her hands. Harry beamed at his new family, and Roger, Anne and the Weasleys were all one by one admitted to see the babies.

Ginny and Gabrielle squealed seeing them, and asked Hermione to keep them in their hands.

She passed them to the girls, and turned to Harry.

"So, we need to pick names for them, now"

Harry nodded. "I was thinking, maybe we could call the boy David and the girl Caroline"

"Actually, I thought Julian for the boy, and Alexandra for the girl" Hermione said, "but I kind of like Caroline too"

"So that one is settled. Now, for the boy…"

"Why don't you call him Albus?" Ron said.

"No way. Potter is already an heavy surname, I don't want him to be compared to Dumbledore too" Harry said.

"What do you think of Mark?" Anne suggested. "I've always loved the name"

"That's nice" Roger commented, "but I kind of like Francis better"

"Enough!" Ginny shouted. "This is something Harry and Hermione need to figure on their own"

Everyone agreed, so they quietly left, giving their best wishes to the couple again.

Hermione sighed.

"So, what are we going to call him?" she said, caressing the boy's head. Soon the healer came to bring both babies in the nursery.

"I don't know. I kind of like Mark too, you know"

"Yes, sounds good. Mark Potter. Yes, it sounds good to me" she said, smiling and resting her head on his shoulder.

He grinned.

"Now, for their middle names…"

"I guess we can name them after your parents. Mark James Potter and Caroline Lily Potter" she suggested.

"That would be lovely" he said, a tear coming to his eyes thinking about his parents. That was one of the reasons he loved Hermione that much. She could read him like an open book. He was to suggest just that.

So, finally Harry Potter could live in peace and happiness with his wife Hermione and his two sons, Mark and Caroline.

Time showed how much the two young took after their parents. Mark got brown eyes and hair, but as unruly as his father's, and he inherited the Potter Seeker talent, however he did care for studies a bit more than his father had done back in Hogwarts. Caroline got long black hair and green eyes, and her hair was just a bit bushy. She loved reading just as her mother, but she did not hate flying.

So, once again, an happy Potter family was growing into the Wizarding World.


-->