Unofficial Portkey Archive

Spicing It Up by Gaya Hriive
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Spicing It Up

Gaya Hriive

Harry and Hermione sat together comfortably on the sofa in his spacious flat. The television was on but neither of them was really watching the images that flashed hurriedly across the screen and they were too busy reveling in each other's company to notice that the hour was very late. Hermione sat nuzzled against Harry's chest while he rested a tired arm across her slender shoulders. She fidgeted with a ring on her left ring finger, occasionally sighing in contentment. After she sighed once more, Harry shifted slightly and looked down into her smiling face.

"Hermione…are you ok?"

A dreamy smile came across her face and it was reminiscent of a Luna Lovegood smile. Hermione nodded and closed her eyes, still smiling brightly.

"Oh yes, I am very, very well. I'm just, you know, so…happy."

Harry laughed and admired her unabashed joy.

"Me too. I don't think that I've ever really been this happy. Well, I mean, I am happy of course, but you know this is like special occasion happy. Did you follow that?"

Hermione leaned up and placed a gentle kiss on Harry's parted lips and nodded once more.

"It's kind of euphoric, not the normal kind of happy. I love it though. I hope it lasts forever. I just feel so warm and content, like nothing ever bad will ever happen to us again, even though I highly doubt that to be true. But even still, when you're with me, I feel so safe and protected."

Harry squeezed Hermione closer to him and rested his head on top of hers. She smelled so wonderful, like spring and freshness but with the slightest hint of parchment, in an unoffending way.

"It is euphoric. Sometimes I feel like I can never be too close to you. I expect us to melt together sometimes, into one person, as it were. I'm quite sure that I have never loved anyone as much as I love you."

"Harry, can I ask you something if you promise to answer honestly?"

"Of course. Ask away."

Hermione sat up a little so that she was eye level to Harry and placed her hands over his.

"What makes you happy? Really and truly. Is there anything that I can do or give you that would make you even happier?"

Harry thought silently for a moment and then smiled.

"Well, since you asked, you could make that Honey Dijon Chicken more often. I love that stuff."

Hermione slapped him playfully on the arm and he embraced her in a tight hug.

"Ok, I can do that. What else?"

"Um, well, I know that when we are making love that you are about making sure that I get the most out of it, which I do, but I would like it if you let me do the same for you more often. We've never had a bad sexual experience but sometimes I would really just like to pleasure you more."

"Hmmm, well, I can't object to that. I'm not saying that our sex life is boring at all, because it's not, but maybe we can try new things you know?"

"I'm glad you said that because I really have been trying to think of ways to spice things up more but I honestly can't come up with anything."

Hermione moved to face Harry once more and tucked her left leg underneath her.

"Ok, well then lets decide what we think needs to be changed or modified. Are we lacking in passion?"

"Um, no not really. Things can get pretty hot so I don't think that's it."

"Alright, well what about location?"

"Hmm, well we could change that up a little bit. The bedroom is getting kind of…monotonous."

"I agree. Ok so we'll change locations each time. That will be fun. Anything else?"

"Well, how about positions. Lets see if we can find more challenging positions. I'm sure that will help. Don't you agree?"

Hermione giggled and smiled brightly.

"Yes, that is a definite must. Alright then, I have an idea. It's not going to be easy but I think that it will help. Are you ready?"

"Um for an idea? If you're asking me that then this can't be good."

"Well, it won't be that bad. Ok so lets not have sex for, oh lets say, two weeks."

Harry practically jumped off of the sofa and gawked incredulously at Hermione.

"Are you mental? Hermione, I'm a twenty-six year old man. I'll die without sex for two weeks! Plus, I'll die without sex with you for two weeks! Can we do something else please?"

"Harry, calm down. It's really not that bad. I mean, ok so two weeks is a little stretch but we can do it! And if you think you're the only one that will have a hard time then you underestimate me. I guarantee that I think about sex just as much if not more than you do."

"Ha! Ok."

Hermione leaned back and glared at her husband.

"You don't believe me? Ok then how about this: remember last week when we were out to dinner with the Weasleys and I went to the bathroom for a long time after the discussion about the renovation of the Hogwarts library?"

Harry cocked an eye curiously and answered with apparent hesitation.

"Uh, yea…"

"Well what do you think I was doing?"

Harry sat stock still, recalling the night in question. Hermione had been gone a long time and when she came back to the table her cheeks were a little flushed. As realization hit him, Harry's mouth dropped open in disbelief.

`You…no…I….you, you, you…"

"Masturbated in the bathroom. Yes. Why? Because I was thinking about how much fun it would be to have sex with you in that library under your invisibility cloak. I was really quite horny and I would have invited you along, but it would have been too obvious."

Harry was shocked to say the least. Ok, he thought, if she's telling the truth, which I don't doubt, then that means she does think about sex a lot. So maybe this two weeks will help our creative sides come out.

Harry cleared his throat and scratched his forehead.

"Ok, well, then lets not have sex for two whole weeks. During that time we must come up with and make personal lists of all the things we want to do once the two weeks is up."

Hermione smiled, gladdened by the fact that Harry was being so receptive to her idea.

"Wonderful. But no sex means no sex Harry. Nothing. Do you get my drift?"

Harry groaned loudly and threw his head back on the couch.

"Not even oral? Hermione, that's evil!"

"Not even oral. No sexual contact for two weeks. As a matter of fact, no kissing either. Because that just leads to sex. So, no sex-oral or intercourse- and no kissing. Two weeks. Agreed?"

"Oh alright. But when this is over, we're going to have to spend two weeks in bed to make up for it."

"We'll see. Well, I'm tired so I'm going to bed but I think I'm going to sleep in the guest room until time is up. That way we're not tempted. I love you and goodnight."

Harry watched Hermione leave the sitting room and go to the guest room, all the while kicking himself for agreeing to her insane suggestion.

"No sex for two weeks. Dear god. Well, I guess it's time to restock the lotion and tissue," Harry said to himself as he headed to his room.

It was going to be a stressful two weeks.


-->