Unofficial Portkey Archive

Devil's Lesson One: The Death of one Harry James Potter by The Dark Aeon
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Devil's Lesson One: The Death of one Harry James Potter

The Dark Aeon

Author's Note: Okay I apologize for updating so slowly. UP until now, I haven't had really time nor drive to write. Working 42 hours a week hurts, but I'm at college now, and I have this weekend off, mostly.

I happen to enjoy how well this chapter turned out. I finally had the descriptions created for everything in my mind and with Harry fighting and the emotions that Hermione is feeling, I enjoy the outcome. Part of my style is to appease no one but myself, so I write a story I want to read. I hope everyone else enjoys this, and please read and review. I 'll field any questions on the subject of my story.

Again I own nothing, but if I did, I would have killed off Ginny, Draco, and Peter, have Harry and Hermione going out, and make sure that both Dumbledore was still alive... read Joseph Campbell to understand what is happening. Honestly, this is a corny series if you read enough fantasy. But I love it nonetheless, enjoy:_)

* * * * * *

Chapter 2: Lonely Day

And if you go,
I want to go with you

And if you die,
I want to die with you.

Take your hand and walk away.

As Remus pulled down the street, he couldn't help but watch the fire engines fly past him. Something was wrong. Something was terrible wrong, and here was was, stuck behind blocks of traffic, waiting for this god forsaken Muggle method of movement to hurry up just so he could pick up his nephew. In truth, no blood held them, but they were closer than ever before. Remus spent over seven months of his life, looking for Harry, and when he found him, he refused to let go of the last bit of his family. James and Lily were his family, just as Harry was.


He connected with the boy, spending as much time as his disease and girlfriend would let him, which turned out to be quite a bit. Harry would be surprised to see Tonks with him, but it was a good surprise, one worth having in a world where so much sadness and pain echoed within the remnants of daily life. Nothing was the same with the death of Dumbledore, nothing. And happiness was such a precious commodity, that he couldn't blame Harry for seeking out Elise as he did. Despite the fact that he always though the boy would get together with Hermione, the relationship was good for him, to have someone love him for being him was something that no once could take away.


Traffic was beginning to move and Harry was only a few blocks away. But they were being directed down a side street, away from the hospital. The officers motioned for them to continue down the alley way, cars were filing out a few blocks down the way. Remus slammed on the breaks as he looked at the smoke rising from what remained of the hospital. The driver behind him honked loudly, telling the lycane to move, but Remus couldn't. He just stared at the holocaust before him, an explosion increasing the efforts of the firemen. The flames stretched out, grabbing at the men below, battling courageously against the beast within the building.

"Sir," the constable said, tapping on the window. Remus rolled it down, but his attention didn't change from the hospital. "We need you to-"

"what happened?" Remus stuttered out, his eyes on fire.

"Sir, please can you-"

"My godson, oh Merlin," Remus said, his hand covering his mouth.

"Sir, if you would just-"

Remus didn't listen. His body moved on its own, opening the door and exiting. Immediately, he broke into a run towards the hospital, hoping to save what was left of his family. His real family, the one who took care of him during his Hogwarts years. Being a lycane was not an easy life, and to have friends gave him that little bit of hope he needed to survive. Three of his friends were gone, and one betrayed him, now all was left was this boy, no man, who embodied all the good that came James and Lily.

There was so much in his life that Remus had to forfeit because of his disease, and now he had a chance to have it all, and give it all to Harry. That would be his way of repaying James for the kindness, and Lily for her generosity. This was all that he could give them, and now, he could lose that chance.

"Remus," a reached out and grabbed him. He spun around to see Tonk standing there, tears in her eyes. She pulled her best friend closer and held him tightly as she cried into his chest. She knew of his love for the boy, and the wish for redemption.

"Harry?" the lycane asked, "where is-"

"He wasn't inside, Remus," Tonks said, pulling away. "Someone said that a boy around Harry's age ran outside just as the fire erupted. He was the only one to leave." Remus hadn't even questioned the fact that Tonks was here, just her being around him was a comfort to the pain of losing Harry.

"So," his tears slowed as he tried to think of the words that once meant so much to him, his comfort before friends. "he's-he's not here?" Tonks gave him a weak smile as Remus pulled the Auror closer. "he's alive," Remus picked up his friend and spun her around, "He's alive. My godson is alive." As Remus put down Tonks, he noticed the constable staring at them, tapping his foot. "Sorry, constable," Remus replied sheepishly, and returned to his car.

"Park at the gas station," Tonks said, "I'll explain what I can from there." Remus nodded and pulled away, traffic continuing to move down the street, bottle-necking into the abyss and exiting into the peace oblivion of ignorance.

* * * * * *

"Ron!" Hermione shouted at her boyfriend. Honestly, the boy was deaf.

"What!?" Ron replied. He already had shoveled a plateful of food into his mouth, and barely paused to speak anything. Hermione sighed and shook her head. Three weeks since she had given her most precious gift to him, and its been that long since he even touched her like he did that night. It was brief, but it was wonderful. At least, she thought it was. Now, there were thoughts of the past, thoughts plaguing her of 'what if's and 'why not's.

"Can't you slow down your eating for just one moment?" She asked but knew better than to expect a solid answer. Ron was the human garbage disposal, and he wouldn't stop until he was full, or his attention was shifted. Of course, Hermione couldn't get him to focus on her at all. She was drifting out of his mind.

"why?" Again with mouth full of food. Had he any manners at all?

"We need to talk about Harry!" Hermione nearly shouted at him. For what would be a year in a month, Harry had been away, and for almost the same timespan, they had been avoiding the topic of their best friend. Hermione clung to the knowledge that Ron loved her, and that she loved him. Now why past-tense, missy, she asked herself. You do love him. She didn't doubt that fact, he was the love of her life, and that knowledge should be enough to satisfy her. Should be.

"now, Herms," Ginny came bouncing into the diner hall, smiling and holding a letter. "you know as well as I do that Harry is fine. In fact, he even says so-" She pointed right at a line and Hermione's eyes quickly read it. Sure enough, in Harry's messy scrawl stating that he was perfectly okay, a bit tired and wasted from training, but okay nonetheless. Again, there was no information upon his whereabouts, but Harry did profess his love and undying devotion to the red head girl in front of her. "so relax. Besides, you don't need Harry, you have Ron." this time, even her boyfriend remained quiet. "What else could you want?" Hermione had no answer. Why did she need more than Ron?

"Well, this is interesting," Luna said, walking past them, her paper upside down and her eyes staring down at it. Miraculously she avoided all the feet and bags spread about on the floor.

"why? Whats the Quibbler say this time?" Ginny asked with a smirk.

"Oh, its not the Quibbler," Luna turned to the upside down front page. "its the Daily Prophet. And its about the Library." Ginny and Ron gasped, while Hermione stared at the girl, hoping she'd disappear. Whenever Luna appeared, all attention from Ron went to her. Not that she was jealous or anything like that, but a girl does like a bit of attention everyone once in a while, and with her boyfriend focused upon the blond, it wasn't really fair to the bookworm.

"Library? Whats happening?" Ginny asked. Hermione didn't feel like asking a question, especially since she would hear no end of it, for not even knowing what so important about a library. But Ron had go and be the gentlemen and properly explain it to her. Bloody git.

"the Library is the home of the dark magic in the world, Herms," again that dreadful nickname. She'd kill Ginny for ever giving it to her. "thankfully, it hasn't been even close to this world in-"

"six hundred, sixty six millenniums have past, Ron," Luna said, smiling. "No, not only is it close, its said to be opening." the Great Hall fell silent. The death of Dumbledore, the numerous losses over the year from Voldemort, and now, the Library was opening up.

Ron leaned close to Hermione. "They say that if the Library were ever to open up, droves of demons would escape and destroy the world." he paused and leaned back a bit, and Hermione released a breath she didn't know she was holding. Lately her boyfriend had been making her feel uncomfortable. Stupid even. "How long until they escape?"

Luna looked oddly at Ron, which, oddly enough, is a big difference than her normal look of confusion. "Until? They already have."

* * * * * *

Remus and Tonks were searching the city for Harry, no one had seen him since the hospital fire. There were no survivors, and deep within his heart, Remus knew that his charge was still alive. Hope was a dangerous weapon, and it pushed the lycane forward, searching for that last bit of reasoning and love. It was a gun against his temple, urging him into the darker and empty places of the world, the ones that a person could slip right through. That was where Harry would be. That would be where his hope lied.

They abandoned the car, hoping to find wherever Harry went on foot. That was there only option. Harry must be out there. He had to be.

They searched for hours, walking the decrepit streets of the decaying city. Never had he seen so much decadence, debauchery, even the smell of death lingered around this city. What was the world coming to? What was destroying their happiness? "if only you knew the whole truth, Remus," Harry's voice echoed down from a what they thought was an empty alley.


"Harry?" Remus broke into a run, trying to find the source of the voice. Tonks followed him, yelling for him to be careful. He couldn't find the boy, where was he.

"If only you knew why this world is falling apart." Harry voice said. There was no body, the voice came from the shadows, echoing down to the street itself. "If only you saw the pain that coursed through their bodies, Remus. If only you saw that fear that would haunt the very few survivors, Tonks. If only you saw what I saw, then you'd understand, my family. You'd understand why we've failed."As if stepping out of the shadows, Harry appeared, worn and beaten, blood all over his cloths, his own and that over others. You could not hid the smell of blood from a lycane. His eyes were blood-shot, and his cheeks had trails of tears. "Remus, I-I-she-"

Surprising, Remus was not the first to move to Harry. Tonks reached the boy and hugged him as tightly as she could. "I'm sorry, Harry, I'm so sorry." his tears began to fall again, soaking Tonks' shirt became soaked. Remus walked over to the woman holding Harry. He knew the other person's blood, Harry cared greatly for the girl. He loved her, he loved a person with his full heart, giving her everything he had. And to know that she's dead must be brutal. But that didn't explain- "Harry, whats with the other blood," Remus asked, taking a step forward. He knelt by Tonks and looked directly at him. Harry pulled back a bit.

"Other blood?" Harry looked down at this shirt and saw the layers of caked blood all over him. His feet gave out on him, and his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

"Harry!" Remus caught him just as he began to fall. "we need to take him back."

"Agreed," She said. Remus picked up Harry and carried the exhausted boy back to their car. Tonks stay right by his side, gently petting Harry. This is how it should be, Remus thought to himself. He'd denied any relationship with Tonks, but the sight of Harry in the arms of someone he loved rekindled the notion that maybe he deserved love. He caged his heart because of the lycanthorpy, and slowly, Tonks tore down the walls around him, brick by little brick. Now, when he needed someone the most, she was there, holding his body as he cried at the thought of almost losing harry, jumping up and down with him at the news of him still being alive. She was there in every step, every step that mattered.

Remus paused, standing still and watched at the Metamorph walked a few more feet. "Something wrong?" she asked, walked back to the lycane. He looked at the sleeping boy in his arms (who was a lot lighter than he looked, which was a topic Remus would drill him on later) and back to Tonks.

"For once in my life," Remus smiled genuinely, "no. Nothing is wrong." If he could, he would have kissed the woman in front of him, but with Harry in his arms, Remus settled for a smile and a twinkling in his eyes. Tonks returned the smile, knowing what was to come. He finally understood what she offered him, and now, he returned that love.

* * * * * *

"He's resting," Remus said, walking down the stairs. He took a seat next to the Tonks on the couch, playing with a small vial in his hand.

"Whats that?" she moved closer to him, until she was holding his arm against her chest, her chin on his shoulder. If Remus wasn't so tired and worried about Harry, he would have kissed Tonks, but a smile would have to hold his friend, a smile with a promise of more.

"This," Remus held up the vial containing a silvery liquid, "Is Harry's memory of the event. Every moment of it. Its been charmed to watch him, not through his eyes, so you can get a better idea of what happened. At least that's what he said."

"You're not going to watch it," Tonks asked, her eyes still on the vial.

"I don't need to, Nymph ," Remus dropped his hand and looked at his lap. "I watched him tell me all of it."

"You're lucky, I love you so much, Wolfie," she replied, then snuggled closer. "How-how-"

"I could tell he left some things out, but from what he told me, it was horrible. Not just for him, but-"

"So, When can I watch it?" Remus shrugged. "it isn't that bad, is it?"

"My lunch in the loo upstairs says otherwise." Remus smirked, but it quickly died. He knew enough of what Harry told him, and after watching the first scene, he exited quickly. It was too much, his senses took over and threw his mind for a loop. The scenes... Nightmares for the next weeks for him, and for Harry's life time.

"Now is better time than any." Thankfully, Tonks had a bit better constitution than the lycane. She grabbed her wand from the table and conjured a bin for the liquid. Taking a deep breathe, Tonks closed her eyes-

"Just don't look into the closet that he comes out of." Remus said solemnly. Tonks looked at her love and stared at him, wondering why he would say something like that. She wanted to question him, but knew better. If Remus was going to give you a warning, best be to follow that warning. With a deep breathe, she plunged her head into the memory... .... .... ....

The world was twisted, more so than any other memory Tonks had seen. The usual black and white world was replaced with the blood red horror that was to come. Angles were warped, bending in directions that they shouldn't have. This wasn't a memory, this was a nightmare. How was this possible?

Behind her the muffled sound of something exploding startled her. Tonks quickly turned to look, and saw pieces of a door hanging in mid-air, floating as what looked like Harry walked out of the closet. They were frozen in time, Or, at least she thought it was Harry. His long black hair hung around his face, cascading was the only word she could think of. But it wasn't still, in fact, his hair and his cloths were being buffed by some unseen wind. He also walked as if a weight had been lifted, smoothly and silently, back straight and in charge. But his eyes... Tonks had never seen so much power from one wizard before. The color reminded her of Voldemort's, blood red, and glowing to boot.

As Harry passed the threshold, the pieces flew forward as if they were never even hanging in the air. Tonks ducked out of instinct, and felt the pieces pass harmlessly through her. A memory right, she told herself, then followed behind Harry walking down the twisted hallway. He had no trouble navigating the broken hallway. Tonks felt the heat of a fire from somewhere down where Harry was headed. The power the boy held in his hands was enormous, glowing in purple in the blood red world.

Harry turned a corner and Tonks rushed after him, trying to see exactly what was going to happen. Her curiosity almost forced her to take one last look at the closet before running. She wouldn't look, only to appease Remus.

A scream forced Tonks into a run, she turned the corner so quickly that she nearly fell over, her feet giving into their clumsiness. On the floor, though, Tonks was still able to see the beast that was in front of Harry. The monster wore the cloak of the death eaters, but the mask seemed to be its face, twisted by the nightmarish world they were in. In truth though, the face seemed normal even, as if the world couldn't touch it. That made the face even more fierce then it would be in real life, normality in a blood stain world was horror. Claws hung outside of the robe where the hands should have been, and the smile was infectious and evil, dripping saliva upon the ground. But that wasn't the only thing dripping. Even she could smell what was dripping off of the beast's claws: blood.

Looking at the claws was when Tonks noticed what was in Harry's hand. Where did he get the knife? Like his hands, the bone white knife was glowing purple. Tonks watched as the beast lunged at Harry, its hands ready to draw blood again. The beast was angry and aggressive, willing to kill Harry, and he just stood there. No caring if the beast killed him. Tonks knew that Harry would live, but for Merlin's sake he wasn't even moving. Did he want to die?

Then the world flashed briefly and then everything slowed down again, slowing down around Harry. He stepped forward, each movement heavy with fatigue, toward the beast, only to bring up the knife in the stomach of the attacking monster. The world returned to normal, and the Death Eater gurgled, blood coming from its mouth as it realized that a holy knife was embedded in its stomach. It tried to move away, but Harry snaked a hand around back and forced the knife deeper into the stomach. He wouldn't let go; the grimace and apathy apparent on Harry's face. He pulled back when the monster finally stopped struggling.

For a moment, Tonk watched as the beast remained on its feet, albeit it was a struggle to do so. The Death Eater couldn't remove the dagger, its hands burning the first time it touched the steel within its chest. Where did Harry get his hands on a weapon like that​? She looked back at where Harry was standing, but there was no sign of him. He had moved to whomever was behind the counter. He shushed her and Tonks moved quick enough to hear the girl whisper "thank you." he clamped his hand over her nose and mouth and held her tight as she struggled, trying to break free out of instinct. Broken Harry, whom had next to no strength three days ago, was holding a girl down after easily killing a monster.

Harry closed the girls eyes after she stopped fighting, and kissed her forehead. He withdrew two galleons and placed them over her closed eyes. As he stood up, Tonks noticed tears in his eyes. He wanted to cry, he wanted to badly, she could tell, but the tears wouldn't come. Not yet. There would be time to grieve for the dead later, now he would work on saving the living.

He walked away, solid feet on the ground, and the shadows warping around his hands, forming a sword and great axe. Tonks was surprised to see to other Death Eaters appear out of the hall way, one still holding a shift of one of the patients. Dear Merlin, she thought, her hand coming to her mouth as she watched Harry swing effortlessly at the first one, a head now rolling on the ground.

They weren't just killing people; Tonks stuck her head into one of the rooms just as she heard as body landing on the floor with an axe embedded into its chest. A body, with its arms stretched in the air, frozen from pain and agony, lied in the middle of the room, upon the bed, in sheets of blood and sweat. A single sight at the dead woman, and she knew. She knew what these beasts were doing to the this poor women. She knew what horrible acts. While a pure-blood wizard hated physical acts, they were often more then willing to commit this one. So many cases, so many "not-guilty"s.

Tonks turned her attention back to Harry, but again, he was gone. He had rushed off again, seeking another Death Eater to kill. She heard the screams of another woman, and froze. Did she want to see the murder of another woman, and the execution of a death Eater? Did she want to see that suffering? The women's no, but the Death Eaters deserved so much more than just a simple swipe to the head, or chest. They deserved to suffer as much as the horrors they committed upon the world.

She ran to find Harry, standing over another girl, this one worse off then the one before. She was dead, either from the loss of blood or just the pain of what happened. Her dress was ripped apart, and would be exposing her, except that her rib cage exploded, breaking at the sternum. Ir looked like someone had taken a hammer to a crab, to break open the shell to get the meat. Only nothing was missing. Tonks noticed the hand print of blood around the girl's mouth and nose. Harry's hand was dripping blood when she noticed him. He knelt down, and began to pray softly, asking for the girl's happiness in heaven. The death eater responsible for this heinous crime was pinned to the wall, a weapon impeded in its hand, smoke rising from the wound. It couldn't move.

Tonks watched as Harry stood up and gracefully glided over to the beast. His hand began to glow purple, a dark mist surrounding it. Reaching forward, he touched the Death Eater's chest, and the beast howled in pain. "you are right," Harry spoke, his voice traveling over the screaming creature. "On almost every account." He did not turn around. He wasn't suppose to see her, this was a Penseive. "Expect there. Everything has changed. Monsters must suffer according to their crimes. He is paying the penalty now and when I kill him. I care not of what happens after word, but I must make him pay now. The crime of murder, as violent and as heinous as he committed, must be punished."

Tonks wanted to speak, but didn't think that she could. "The worlds are changing, and I am acting out of instinct. When you leave, I will remember all of this, but I will be confused as you are. This is not a Memory. This is now." She took a step back at the words of Harry. "It is time for you to go. Death remains on my shoulder, begging for more souls. I shall deliver all that I can to her. Go, and we will talk when I awake." The beast's cries did not stop once, and Harry placed his other hand around the neck. In a swift motion, he snapped it, snapped it like a twig. He pointed a fist at her, and whispered "good bye." just as the beast died. He threw his hand opened and a bright light flew towards her.

Tonks gasped as she pulled her head out of the Penseive. "He saw me," she whispered as Remus wrapped his arms around her. "He saw me."

"Who saw you," Remus asked. Tonks held tightly to her now boyfriend. He tried to calm her down the best he could, but somethings were hard. He had seen the beginning of the memory, and knew how horrible it was.

"Harry, he spoke to me," She whispered into his chest after her tears subsided.

"That's impossible," Remus remarked. "a Penseive is just a memory, a video. Its not supposed to interact with the user."

"He talked me," she repeated. "He killed four Death Eaters, tortured another then killed it. I couldn't believe it. I would have never thought-"

"Think again," Harry coughed and all eyes turned him. He was holding his side as he stumbled down the stairs. "We need to talk Remus, about a lot of things." He landed at the bottom of the stairs and coughed as if he was removing a lung. But none of that worried Remus, rather it was his appearance. The once pale white skin from sickness and malnutrition was black as night with tribal tattoos scattered on his face and arms, possibly his whole body, in blood red. Smoke was pouring his skin, light enough as if just a dying fire. Harry shifted his gaze from the ground to the pair, pausing in his coughing fit. Two hollow eyes, one white and one black stared at them; no pupils, no irises, just two blank eyes. Harry nodded at the lycane before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he began to collapse. Tonks was out of her lover's grasp and holding Harry before he hit the ground.

As Tonks gathered the boy, his body now back to normal, she looked at Remus, her eyes showing all the emotion she needed to. "I guess Harry is right. We do need to talk."

* * * * * *

The train ride was lonely for the first time in seven years. Ron was off with his friends, Ginny with Luna, and here Hermione was alone, trying to read a book, but her heart wasn't in it. Her eyes watched as the country side passed away, just as the days of the school year did. Her time at Hogwarts was over, and with Harry gone, looking for the Horocruxes without them, she had no idea what she was going to do with the rest of her life.

She had another argument with Ron, possibly one that would destroy their relationship. He kept pushing her for more sex, as if that was the sole purpose of the relationship. There was no passion for her, in fact the last time they slept together, she just lied there as he... There was no pleasure for in it, even when he just touched her. It was just sex, not love.

Hermione sighed. She missed Harry, he wouldn't have made her cry like Ron did. They had large fight. She couldn't even remember what it was over, all she remembered was crying as he stormed out of the common room. Everyone was staring at her, as she buried her head into her books, trying to study but the tears kept falling on the pages, making it hard to read.

Tears slowly built up behind her walls, her defenses. Hermione wiped them away and returned her gaze to her book. "well, if it isn't the bookworm," she didn't move her gaze from her book.

"I don't have time for this, Pansy," Hermione replied.

"What, you're going to visit your friends?" Pansy asked, Hermione shot a glare at her. "good luck finding Ron. I hear he's found something fun to do." the Slytherin walked away, laughing leaving Hermione to think about the words. Her friends were gone, Ron was off with Seamus and Dean, Harry was away, and here was Hermione alone like she was her first year. Nothing was going well.

"Hermione, what are you doing here alone," Like she said nothing was going well. Ginny appeared the door way, holding a letter. She came from the same direction that Pansy left in. "Doesn't matter," she said before Hermione could reply. "I got a letter from Harry." Ginny removed piece of parchment from her robe and quickly read parts of it. "'Things are great'.. blah, blah, blah.... 'I think I've found a few'... blah, blah, blah... Here's the important part 'I miss you so much, Ginny, I can't stand it, but this needs to be done. ' .. .. .oh, and here's a question about you and Ron: 'are they going at it like rabbits yet? I always thought they would make a great couple. We could be one big Weasley family.' See it isn't just wonderful." Someone called for Ginny. "oh, got to go Herms. Enjoy your time with my brother kay." She hastily placed the letter in her pocket and ran out. Ginny didn't notice that the letter fell out as she exited.

But Hermione did. She watched as the letter dropped to the floor. For a moment, she didn't move, her eyes dancing between the letter and the door, just waiting for Ginny to return and take the letter. How long had it been since she'd received a letter from Hermione. She did not how mcuh time passed, waiting for that door to opening. Daringly, she dove at the letter and held it in her hands, treasuring the fact that she held something that Harry wrote, even if it wasn't to her. Then the feeling changed, it was as if there was magic on it. Something was going on, something wrong, something horrible. Something involving Harry. And Hermione had so many questions. Maybe now, it was time to start asking them. She returned to her seat just as Ron, Luna and Neville returned to the cabin, discreetly pocketing the letter. No one was the wiser.

* * * * * *

The world was perfect, flowers in every direction, clear sky above him, a gentle breeze dancing around him. The world was perfect. He was perfect. His leg didn't hurt, his body was strong healthy. There was nothing wrong with him. He could see perfectly, and when he touched his forehead, there was no scar.

"I'm free." He whispered. He looked around and smiled at the thought. "I"m free!" he laughed as he ran through the field. At one point, he fell, and tumbled down a hill. The entire time he was laughing. His nightmare was over, that chance for freedom he wanted so badly was finally here. His loife was over, death had taken him

"I'm so sorry, Harry," he sat up and saw two eyes he thought he'd never see again. Elise was standing in front of him, wearing an amazing white and sunflowered sun dress. She never looked beautiful.

"What do you mean?" he asked. The world changed. The flowers were gone, the land barren, gray clouds replaced the blue sky and lightning crackled in the distance.

Harry shook his head. "no, no no.." this was not suppose to be happening. He earned his reward.

"it isn't you're time, Harr-Bear," she walked over to him and crutched down in front of him, placing a hand on his cheek. "No, you've a long life to live." She reached to his back and gently stroked the black wing petruding from his left shoulder. "A life that will be blessed with power and love."

"Whats happening to me?" Harry asked, tears in his eyes. He reached and gently caressed Elise's cheek.

"Something wonderful." She smiled at him. "you're part of something so beautiful and amazing, that the worlds known to man will never see something like it again. It'll hurt, but in will make you something more." She pulled her hand back from his one wing and kissed him soundly. "know that I will always love you."

* * * * * *

Harry sat in the bed, still fuming about having to remain there, but was happy enough to be eating solid foods. His temperature finally broke, apparently. Remus had informed him that he was running a temperature around 120 degrees, which given his limited knowledge that was brain frying temperature. Given the fact that he was only extremely hungry and bored, Harry felt fine, despite the fact that his temperature hadn't fallen from around 100 degrees. He didn't agree when Remus told him he needed to stay in bed for a fews, rather, he agreed. The only thing that Harry wanted was information. Which, ironically was what Tonks wanted. But Remus wanted to give time for his godson to heal. So seven days pasted as Harry sat in bed, gaining his strength back, reading what he could from the few books that Tonks had, and sleeping. Tonks was the one who mentioned to Remus that Harry was reading perfectly fine without squinting or even pulling the book closer to him. Not once did he as for his glasses. On the eighth day, it was time to talk.

Harry sat on his bed, eating while reading the Muggle paper. Remus watched from the door way. Since the day the temperature had fallen, Harry had been absorbing information at an incredible rate' he read everything, including the newspaper, and all the words and data was held within his mind, then sorted out, removing all the useless parts, then stored. Harry was changing, physically, with the alteration in his eyes, and mentally, his reading. Something had occurred in the past week, and now it was time for answer.

"You can come in whenever you want, Remus," Harry said, his eyes remaining on th e paper before him. "you're the one who wanted to talk not me."

"I distinctly remember you saying you wanted to talk," Remus walked in and took the seat next to Harry.

"Probably," he turned the page, scanning it and occasionally circling something. "before my fever broke everything is fuzzy." He reached down and rubbed his leg.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Harry said, though he didn't look up. "Tonks you should probably be in here to so I can answer your questions the best I can." Remus turned around and saw his girlfriend, standing in the door way.

"That has to be what- the fifth - sixth time you've done that Harry," Tonk said, standing next to Remus. Ever the gentleman he offered his seat, but she refused. "How do you do that?"

Harry looked up and his green eyes stared at them, the twinkle that only was seen in Dumbledore's dancing right at them. "Close your eyes." he said.

"What? Why?" Tonks asked. Remus was smiling, taking glances between her and harry.

"Just do it," Harry smiled at her, and she sighed, giving in to his wishes. For a while he didn't saw anything, just watched Tonks with a confused look on her face. "okay, what do you see?"

Tonks scoffed, as if everyone knew that answer. "Nothing, my eyes are closed."

"I don't," Harry said. Tonks opened her eyes just to stare at Harry. Remus' jaw dropped slightly, and Harry reached over and pushed it close. "don't do that, your not a frog."

"that doesn't explain-" Remus finally started after a moment, collecting his thoughts. Harry could not be caught off guard.

"Everything has changed, and I don't know half of it, I'm just acting out of instinct." Harry shrugged. "My eyes are no longer impaired, my body..." Harry reached over and grabbed the crutches that Remus had found for him. His legs were still weak the last time Harry walked. He expected Harry was going to walk buy instead, he squeezed them, compressing the aluminum, when he pulled his hand away, a clear hand print stared at the couple. "Everything has changed, and I want to know why, Remus."

"me?" the lycane asked.

"yes, you," Harry replied. His twinkle was gone, demanding to know what was happening. "I take it you know of a man named Thursday?" Remus' eyes widen. "How does he know about me?"

"Mr. Thursday was a friend of your fathers," Remus said. "I really can't tell you much other than that until I have some more information. before you ask, yes this has to do with the research I am working on." Harry nodded, he knew little of the research, but other than that Remus was looking for answers to his problem. "i would like to know how you know him."

"I met him that night you found me." Harry looked away, his gaze settling on the scenery outside. "my body was crashing, reeling from all of the magic I discarded that night. I hadn't felt that much pain ever. And then in that same alley way, I met him. He was standing right in front of me, wearing a trench coat and a cowboy hat, smoking a cigar." His hand drifted to his leg and massaged it gently. "I don't really remember what he was talking about, but something about the Library being opened and its about time, maybe something could be done." Harry shrugged. "I just remember that he seemed sorta, not fully there."

Remus nodded, and didn't say anything. "is everything okay?" Harry asked.

"I think so," he replied, "i just need to confirm a few things." He stood up and looked at Tonks, then back at Harry. "I promise to keep you informed, but for now-"

"I'm walking around tomorrow, Harry said, his attention back on the paper. "hopefully finding a library or something. Tonk's books are getting boring."

"Whats wrong with my books?" Tonks asked.

"nothing, except that their basically the same plot with numerous twists and permutations to change the over all story, without actually changing what is happening." Tonks rasied an eyebrow. "their bloody romances. I need to read something with substance." Remus got and walked to the door, hoping to avoid being in the center of the arguemnt.

"Where was the Harry that we knew who hated to read?" She asked, and Remus paused as he heard the answer.

"Still burning in that fire Tonks." He turned the page then stabbed the center of it with the marker he was using. Like a sharp knife, the marker stood start up. The article was on the destruction of a local building, where a man walked in and simply exploded, killing three people before the building lit on fire. There was one survivor, babbling about the Dark Lord and his eternal reign. "I just happen to have temporarily escaped that fire."


-->