Unofficial Portkey Archive

Draco + Ginny by Phoenix_eyes15
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Draco + Ginny

Phoenix_eyes15

It was the first truly sunny day since the defeat of Lord Voldemort. The streets of Diagon Alley were brimming with witches and wizards alike, all eager to enjoy what was promising to be the first normal day of operation for the Wizarding World after the climactic battle that ended in the deaths of the champions of both evil and good.

"I swear, those Malfoys are really something," muttered George Weasley as he glanced to the display window of Flourish and Blotts. The window in question was showcasing the newest bestseller by Lucius Malfoy. "Discrete Defeat," he continued in a petulant voice. "My Secret Life As An Undercover Death Eater."

"What a load of rubbish," dismissed Fred as they continued down. "Everyone knows the Malfoys were supporters of You-Know-Who. Lucius Malfoy, the great git, was just slimy enough to realize that his side was gonna lose. That's why during the last battle joined up with the Order."

"Aye," agreed his twin. "You, me, and the rest of the Order knows that. The rest of the world thinks he's this super spy, a good guy painted badly all along." He shook his head. "Makes Snape look like a regular saint compared to him."

"I'm at my end with the Malfoys all together. Let me just find dear old Draco on the street and see what I wouldn't do to him," Fred said as they rounded the corned towards their joke shop.

"Ron reckons he's the reason that Har-"

At that moment thick Crabbe and even thicker Goyle came into view, hunched near street vendor selling enchanted cockroach clusters and bottomless bags of fizzing whizbees.

Fred raised his eyebrow. "Fancy having a little fun?"

"Always," George replied as he removed from his pocket a bag of their own recently created toys: grenade marbles. "It's best when the test subjects are ugly oafs anyway." Each glass ball was filled with a jinx that would detonate after being rolled a certain distance. The marbles were indistinguishable from one other, so consequently each jinx was a surprise to the victim was well as the executor.

Fred sniggered as George casually rolled a glossy green marble over towards the two. The tiny ball began to smoke feebly before hitting Crabbe, who almost instantaneously began to sprout large purple tentacles from his back. Crying out in pain, he turned to Goyle, only to see a patch of smoke roll by before he too was hit by a marble and began twitching his limbs uncontrollably.

Fred and George snickered as they casually passed the pair, who were by now trying desperately to pull their wands from their pocket. They had just reached the end of the street when a tall, black wizard with high cheekbones stepped in front of them.

"You're jokes are just as pathetic as your family," Blaise Zabini said casually as he eyed Fred and George. "Foul blood traitors."

"Say it a little louder," challenged George. "Maybe then everyone can see how you and the Malfoys are such liars."

Blaise narrowed his eyes at the pair. "Finite Incantatem!" he shouted at Crabbe and Goyle, who at once were restored from their jinxed forms and hurried over to join the standoff. They removed their wands and pointed them angrily at the twins.

"You know we aren't allowed to fight," said Fred warily. "Both sides were bound to keep the peace after the defeat."

"No one is starting anything," Blaise said lazily, motioning at Crabbe and Goyle to stand down. "Although one can argue that your jinxes did in fact bring about a challenge for a duel."

" And we accept," gruffed Goyle, eyebrow still twitching

"What's all this about dueling?" said Ron as he too joined the fray. He eyed Blaise contemptuously. "Are you dueling with them?"

"No one is dueling," Fred warned his younger brother as George tried to push him back from the others. "Put your wand away."

But Ron's eyes were twinkling dangerously. "You're friends with Malfoy," he said darkly as he raised his wand. "Tell him I said hello for me."

Blaise managed to block Ron's spell, but just barely. The two sides then broke out into all out warfare, spells shooting left and right, destroying the tranquility of what was a most beautiful day. Shouts and screams ensued from those caught in the crossfire.

"They're fighting again!" screamed a woman hysterically into a Floo connection nearby. "The Weasley's and those Malfoy boys! Call the Ministry! Send the Aurors!"

"Pity Scarhead isn't around to see his faithful sidekick now," goaded Blaise as he and Ron backed into an alley.

"Shut your mouth!" Ron spat angrily. "You and your stupid cause, you killed him! You and Malfoy both!"

Blaise laughed darkly, his long slanty eyes narrowed. "Who cares how he died, point is your champion is gone. You don't have anyone to hide behind anymore."

Spells and jinxes flew yet again.

* * *

"Three times," Eirena Milore began. "Three times the peace of this country has been disturbed by your petty fighting. Three times the citizens of this country have had to suffer at your hands. Not to mention thousands of galleons in damage and dozens of injuries to innocent bystanders." She removed her eyeglasses and started intently at all in the room. "No more."

Lucius Malfoy held her gaze while Arthur Weasley looked shamefully at his sons.

"The war is over gentlemen," the new head of the Auror department continued crisply. "There is a new vow of peace in effect. Your street brawls have thrice defied this ordinance. I will not have my streets run rampant by your family grudges."

Eirena Milore sighed wearily.

"It is only because of both families services in the war against You-Know-Who that I will allow you all to leave today unscathed. If there is just one more civil brawl, those responsible will, despite their celebrity, be sent to Azkaban."

Lucius Malfoy opened his mouth, but the Auror cut him short. "My decision is final, Mr. Malfoy. If your families fight again, your freedom will pay the forfeit of the piece."

* * *

Lucius Malfoy remained silent until the entire party arrived back at Malfoy Manor.

"Who started it?" he hissed at the three.

Blaise sank into an armchair near the den fire. "They did. Jinxed Crabbe and Goyle right behind their backs."

"Gave me tentacles," piped in Crabbe.

Malfoy rolled his eyes. "Listen to me, all three of you fools. I don't care about your petty feuds with those Weasley brats. They are blood traitors and deserve none of our respect."

He crossed the room, poured himself a glass of brandy, and took a long swig before speaking again. "I have worked long and hard to convince everyone that we were and continue to be loyal to the Ministry. It would not be prudent to appear to be any less fond of that family than any other. Do not jeopardize the Malfoy name again. Do what you must, but have the sense to keep it quiet." He took another long drink before resurfacing. He looked around the room expectantly. "Where is Draco? I'm surprised he was not involved in this."

"He locks himself up alone in his bedroom," Goyle said wretchedly as a child. "I think he's depressed."

Lucius snorted. "Ridiculous. He'll be married to Pansy in a month; he hasn't a valid reason for anything he does."

* * *

"Afternoon, Draco," Blaise said casually knocking on his bedroom door.

"Are you alone?" was the reply.

Blaise sighed impatiently. "Yes, now let me in."

"This day keeps dragging on and on," muttered Draco as he let his friend into the dim room. The shades darkened the room so severely it was difficult to see inside.

"I see you've definitely given up on that tan, then," Blaise commented as he felt his way towards the fireplace.

Draco failed to see the humor in the statement. "What do you want?" he asked curtly.

"Your father was asking about you," Blaise began as he began lighting the room with his wand. "You've been spending too much time alone, and he's noticing."

"So what. Nothing I've done has ever pleased him."

"You're marriage to Pansy will."

Draco looked away, as if repulsed by the statement itself. "I don't want to marry her," he said bitterly.

"But you're father-"

"I know what my father says, alright!" Draco shot back. "He wants to unite the Parkinsons and the Malfoys, keep our wealth and pure-blood, I know. It's all I've heard since I can remember."

Blaise looked at him expectantly. "But?"

"But what?"

"But you don't lover her," Blaise said. "Do you even like her? I mean, I know you tolerate her and what not…but really."

Draco looked mortified. "Don't be stupid. Of course I lover her. She's everything I could want."

"Then why are you sitting up here in a dark room all by yourself telling me you don't want to get married?"

"Shut up."

Blaise smirked. "I think we just need to get your mind off of Pansy for a while. I mean, you've been with her practically all your life."

Draco snorted. "Are you telling me to cheat on her?"

"I'm telling you," he replied with a grin, "to have some fun before you get married."


-->