Unofficial Portkey Archive

Aloha Hawaii by greenbee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Aloha Hawaii

greenbee

a/n: This is a revised version of the story previously posted both here and on FF.net.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

James Potter sighed and ran a hand through his already tousled jet-black hair as he looked out across the surf of the Hawaiian Islands before letting his hand fall limply at his side. Bored and uninspired, he ran his hand through his hair once again, this time attempting to make it lie flat, instead of just ruffle it up. Unsuccessful, he turned his gaze to his feet, which were buried underneath the sand with just his toes peaking through. Picking up his foot he gave a great kick, causing sand to scatter everywhere. The corners of his mouth turned down, resulting in a quite comical look while he contemplated his current situation. Coming to a conclusion, he gave a brisk nod of the head and placed full blame for his boredom at the feet of his best mate, Sirius Black, for refusing to accompany the Potters on this miserable muggle vacation. As hard as he tried, James couldn't really blame him for staying behind. After all, if he had is own flat like Sirius he would, to quote the mangy mutt, "shag his bloody brains out without having to worry about any interruptions" as well.

For what seemed like the millionth time that day, James wondered why his mum and step-dad insisted on taking a muggle vacation. The "family" vacation part was bad enough, but did it have to be a muggle vacation without any magic at all? It wasn't the muggles he minded, but the absence of magic. It figures just when he turned of age, his mom would pull a wonky stunt like this. Already he couldn't wait to return home, and it was only the first day. He ran his hand through his hair again, ruining all previous attempts at personal grooming, as it now stuck up at odd angles and looked even messier than the first time he ran his hand through it. I might as well just go back to the bloody hotel - at least there might be some decent chicks there… Just as he was turning around to head back to his hotel room, a sandy haired boy about his age and build came jogging up to him with a bright pink flyer in his hand.

"Hey - you party?"

James raised an eyebrow, "Who doesn't?"

The guy stuck out his hand, "Names Sintmen, Matt Sintmen."

James grasped his hand, "Potter, James Potter. Nice to meet ya mate. What's this about a party?"

Matt laughed, "It's going to be great. We have one every Thursday night on Flanders Beach - starts about 9. You interested?"

"Sure, but why Thursday? Seems an odd day for a party."

Matt rubbed his small goatee thoughtfully, "You know. I'm not sure. It's always been on Thursdays."

James grinned, "Fair enough. So…what do you people do around here until then?"

Matt laughed again, "We surf son, we surf."

"Surf?"

This time it was Matt who raised a brow, "You know, ride the waves. Only the best sport to ever exist!"

James shook his head slightly side to side, silently indicating that he still had no idea what Matt was talking about. Another chuckle escaped Matt before he clapped James on the back, "Come on, I'll introduce you to the sport of the gods. You'll thank me later."

James laughed. "So the chicks dig it, then?"

"Oh yeah, dude. Oh yeah."

With that, Matt began to jog back to the other side of the beach and James trailed after him, thinking that maybe this might not be such a horrid vacation after all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Lily Evans was lying in a hammock beside the hotel pool with a copy of The Great Gatsby covering her face. Her emerald eyes were shut tight and her red hair was sprawled all over the tiny pillow. To observers she looked like a teenage girl sunbathing. The truth was, she was sleeping off her hangover from a party Wendy dragged her to the night before, and having a stimulating argument with her conscience.

I'll just use a sobering spell - I do know wandless magic… Professor Dumbledore did not teach you wandless magic so that you could party and drink to your heart's content. It would be just this once, and I won't drink as much tonight… Do you really think you are acting the way the future head girl of Hogwarts should behave? Lily dear, I think it would be best if you stayed in tonight and the rest of the nights as well… I'll try and get rid of it the muggle way, but if it doesn't work I will just use the sobering spell because I am going to the Flanders Beach party tonight for sure. Do you really think… Yes, I do. I deserve to have some fun, that is why Mum and Dad sent Petunia and I on this vacation - even if she did tell me that she would not be socializing with me and I had better stay away from Vernon (the fat bloody cow she calls a fiancé) and her - and I will enjoy myself.

Lily opened her eyes and after glancing at her watch, realized it was already 7 o'clock. She quickly looked around before muttering "sturbulnis" - her favorite of the sobriety charms. Gathering her things, Lily made her way back to her hotel room and just as she was about to open the door, she heard, "Hey Tiger Lily! Ready to party?"

Turning around she saw Wendy Garrett, her favorite cousin who also just happened to be her partying partner in crime. "What do you think? I was just going to get changed."

"So you need some help deciding what to wear Tiger Lily? I do have killer fashion sense you know."

Lily laughed, knowing that unless she dropped dead Wendy would have picked out her outfit anyway, and even then, Wendy would probably dress her for the funeral. With out waiting for a response, Wendy walked into the hotel room and began to dig through Lily's suitcase muttering to herself about Lily's fashion sense, or lack thereof. Lily chuckled again and shut the door. This party was going to be completely groovy. Maybe she would find a nice guy there…a muggle would be fun to get involved with…there could be no strings attached that way…Besides. I deserve to have some fun... Getting repetitive are we?...No, this time I was talking about a boy, not drinking. Completely different...

____________________________________________________________________________________________

James was hanging out with Matt and some other guys he met during his `surfing lesson'. He had been surprised at first when he figured out what surfing actually was, but eventually got excited about the idea. It gave him something to do on the vacation anyway, and Matt and his friends turned out to be pretty cool. He wasn't sure what they were talking about all the time and he did have to pretend to know about muggle sports. But whatever mistakes he made could be easily covered up. How was he supposed to know what baseball was? Luckily the excuse, "I'm British mate. Don't really follow American sports," worked fairly well. After spending the day in the water, James was looking forward to the party, especially since Matt had promised to introduce him to some beautiful chick that was coming with his girlfriend.

"Yo, Wendy over here!" Matt shouted across the beach when he spotted his girlfriend, who, as far as James could tell, was a dirty blonde of average height with an athletic body more than a curvy one. Not that he was looking.

After gazing adoringly at his girlfriend for a few seconds, he turned to James and wiggled his eyebrows, "I told you everything gets hotter when the sun goes down! Damn, she looks good tonight!"

He nudged James with his elbow, "Do me a favor, though. You're only allowed to check out her friend. Not my girl."

James laughed, "Wouldn't dream of it. I don't steal my mate's girls." He stared at the two girls slowly making their way towards them, but was unable to get a good look. He turned back to Matt, "I'm going to go grab a beer." He was already walking towards the refreshments before asking, "You want one?"

"Thanks mate. But make it snappy, I want you to meet Wendy and Lils." Matt called after him.

The name Lils stuck in James head as he went to get the drinks…do you think…nah, it couldn't be the same Lily, she never lets anyone call her Lils, and besides, Miss Perfect Prefect Lily Evans wouldn't ever go near a party that has booze. Not to mention...Hawaii is practically on the other side of the world. What are the odds? No need to get worked up Prongsie…Lils is NOT Miss Perfect Prefect...

By the time James got the drinks and returned to where he had left Matt, the girls were already there. His gaze quickly ran across both girls, then immediately returned to the red head next to Matt's girlfriend. There was no mistaking her. His breath caught in his throat as he silently handed Matt the glass of beer. How wrong he had been. How naïve and practical he had been. Now he knew, never assume something can't happen. Standing next to Wendy, was Lily Evans, the girl of his dreams, Miss Perfect Prefect.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

After Wendy deemed Lily fit to enter Flanders society, the girls began the walk to the beach. It wasn't until they reached the beach that Lily remembered Wendy's boyfriend was supposed to meet them at the hotel and escort them to the party. When she relayed this to Wendy, the other girl crinkled her nose and gave a Lily a crooked smile, "Yeah, but the bum found some dude on the beach and they went surfing instead. Matt says he's totally perfect for you though."

"Really! Don't tell me he knows my type already! Wow. I can't believe it, and here, I don't even know my type. Your Matt is too amazing for words, Wendy."

"Ha. Ha. So funny. Maybe there's a reason." Wendy looked at her expectantly.

Lily threw up her hands. "Okay! Tell me why!"

"So nice of you to ask!" Wendy laughed, "He's perfect for you because he's on vacation too and you won't ever have to see him again. It will be a great `summer fling'. Like Danny and Sandy!" Wendy squealed and jumped up clapping her hands like a little girl. "But without that whole meet again at school and then totally fall in love and live happily ever after. You can just do the summer lovin' part."

"I think that's a contradiction in itself."

"Shut up you. I meant you could just have fun, like a make-out buddy."

"I know what you meant…but it's called a snog buddy."

Wendy stuck her tongue out at Lily. "Point of the matter is…it would still be fun to have one! Oi! There's Matt."

"Yo, Wendy over here!"

The girls walked toward Matt, and as they got closer Wendy's smile turned into a frown when she realized the only guy there was her boyfriend. Oblivious to her discontent, Matt leaned down to give her a kiss, only to be interrupted by a, "Hey, where's that James guy you were telling me about?"

Lily head snapped to attention at the mention of a James with a look of panic on her face, completely missing the mini argument going on next to her. She shook her head. It can't be James bloody Potter. There is no way in hell he we would be in Hawaii at the same time. Merlin don't do this to me…It's not him...Of course not dearie, you are just panicking. I told you not to drink... you're right, it's not him, it's not him, it won't be him, he's back in England where he should be, not Hawaii...That's right. Think positively. It does wonders for your complexion…I'm not worried about my complexion! I'm worried about James bloody Potter being on this very beach!...Temper, Temper, I was only looking out for your health…Maybe...Ah! It's not James. It's just not.

While Lily was deep in thought, James had already made his way back to where Matt and the girls were. When she looked up from her study of her polished toes, it was into his beautiful hazel eyes. Dang it! I thought you said he wouldn't be here. But no, Matt's James is my James. Bloody James Potter and...Damn, he looks good enough to eat... See, I told you my dear, he is an attractive man…After all he's your James…

Lily just stared back at James, unsure of what to say…

____________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: Hoped you liked it! If so, tell me why and what parts! If you did, tell me why and how you think I can fix it! Thanks! Review


-->