Unofficial Portkey Archive

Aloha Hawaii by greenbee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Aloha Hawaii

greenbee

a/n: Thank you for all your reviews! There are review replies if you look, and once again, CC means constructive criticism.

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh, right."

"Uh, Potter…you can let go of me now." Lily raised an eyebrow at him.

James raised an eyebrow back and reluctantly removed his hands from her waist, "Not even a thank you, Evans?"

What a bloody wanker! Thank him! For what, trying to grope and manhandling me? How…Dearie, I think you are getting a tad carried away. He did no such thing! In fact… I think he was rather sweet…He's still Potter. There's a hidden motive somewhere…dearie, just try to keep your temper in check, he hasn't done anything to you…Lily snorted out loud as she opened the door to her hotel room, scoffing at both James and her conscience.

"Thank you? What for? I will have you know…"

Lily was unable to finish her thought as she turned and sprinted to the bathroom leaving James standing in front of her hotel room with the door wide open. He grinned devilishly and entered the room, lightly closing the door behind him. As he glanced around the room, he noticed a piece of parchment lying on the table. He stared at it for a moment, before he let his curiosity get the best of him. He quickly scanned the room to make sure Lily was no where to be found before he picked it up and began to read,

Dear Lily,

I am completely jealous of you, but then I have said that every letter… I bet you are so tan by now, just lying on the beach doing nothing, while I'm stuck here getting a rain tan! We have had so much darn rain! And I mean even more than usual! No, the rain is not peaceful and relaxing and yada yada yada. It's horrid and needs to go away! But, knowing you, I bet you're probably lying on the beach trying to "immerse yourself in the great classic muggle literature" and reading all the textbooks for next term. Haha, just kidding Lils!

On to your problem…I see no problem with using magic to get rid of your hangover. Seriously Lils, I bet you have suffered through five hangovers already. You know wandless magic! There is nothing wrong with using it! SO DON'T FEEL GUILTY! If it would make you feel better, you can say it's for your health. Of course, you could always stop drinking. But, really, where's the fun in that! Remember, I expect some juicy stories about your summer lovin'! Owl me with details!

Love,

Celia

James looked up from the letter and a wide grin lit across his face. Well, well, well. Miss Perfect Prefect isn't as pure as everyone would believe... But where did she learn wandless magic? I knew it was a botched sobering spell…nothing else would make someone throw up so much…

James silently made his way over to the bathroom, letter still in hand, and pressed his ear against the door. He heard Lily mumble something under her breath and yanked the door open…

After rinsing her mouth out, Lily sighed and slid down the bathroom door, resting her back against it and stretching her legs out in front of her. She was exhausted both physically and mentally. Bloody hell! Where did I say the stupid spell wrong? I have never messed up a sobering spell before…but then… I've always used my wand...I hate age restrictions on magic! Why couldn't my birthday been before this vacation? That is the last time I'm taking Celia's advice…See dearie, I told you not to use wandless magic…I also told you to get rid of your hangover the muggle way…but did you listen to me? No, you never listen to me…would you just shut up! How about a little help instead of just criticizing me!...Humph!...Did you just humph at me? Great...Fine. Maybe you said the incantation wrong…

Lily knocked her palm against her forehead, "Of course! I'm such a bloody moron!"

She scrunched her nose up and grimaced, "I said sturbulnis not slurbulnis!"

Lily took a deep breath, shook her head, closed her eyes, and then muttered the spell under her breath; only to find herself falling backwards the minute the words were out of her mouth. The minute she opened her eyes, she saw James's hazel eyes twinkling with delight above her.

"Potter! What the hell are you doing here!"

He gave her a knowing look, "Experiencing short-term memory loss as well as a backfired sobriety spell, Lils? Maybe you can fix it with magic...that is if you can remember to say the correct incantation." He dangled the letter from Celia in front of her.

Lily jumped to her feet immediately and snatched the letter out of his hand before smacking him on the chest, hard. "You little shit!" She smacked his chest again to emphasize her point, "Bastard! How dare you read my mail!" She crossed her arms and glared at him, "And I did not say the incantation wrong!"

James glared right back at her and rubbed his chest, "That hurt, Lils. I didn't think girls could hit so hard."

Lily smirked triumphantly, uncrossed her arms and took a step closer so she was only inches away, "Do not call me Lils. Only my friends are allowed to call me that. And you certainly are not a friend." She reinforced her statement with a quick poke to the center of his chest.

James frowned slightly and placed his hands over his heart, "Evans, you wound me." Then he suddenly grinned brightly, "But you're right, we're not friends…we're more like…lovers"

"Get out Potter!"

"Of the bathroom? Because if you want to take this to your room, that's fine with me."

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and attempted to move his hands around her waist, but before he could latch on to her, she took a few steps back and brushed his hands away, "No, out of the hotel room you bloody bastard!"

"Merlin woman! You're so violent!"

"Out Potter!"

James made to turn towards the door, "So, did you fix your botched sobering spell?"

"I didn't botch my spell! It was food poisoning!"

James lips curled into a smile at the corners and grabbed the letter from her hand and dangled it in front of her, "Evans, must I refresh your memory…" He put on a high squeaky voice, "I see no problem with…"

Lily snatched the letter back from him. She was almost shaking with anger. "Get…out…now."

She placed her hands on his back and tried to push him to the door. James let her push him into the hallway and once he was there, he turned and looked at Lily, "You know you want me Evans."

"Go drown in the ocean Potter." And with that she slammed the door in his face.

James grinned and walked to the elevator. I think we are getting somewhere. Merlin, Lily looks damn sexy when she's angry. I wonder what she would look like when she's all hot and … oh yeah! He glanced down at his pants…I have got to get back to my room fast! Think of something else…not Lily…Lily in a bikini…Lily naked…this is so not helping…

Lily stared at the door, clenching her fists in her hand. I hate James bloody Potter…Agh! He's such…a charmer, a sweetheart…an incredibly well built man with amazing sex appeal…no! Well, maybe the last one, but not the first two. I would hardly call him a man, and he's an arrogant, condescending bastard!...we've already established that fact dearie…tell me something new…and he certainly is a man, just as you are a woman…Point taken, but he just makes me so angry! Lily snorted...as if I would ever want him. Please. There are so many other fish in the sea, better fish, hotter fish…I think you are swimming in de-Nile…that is such a lame joke...Besides if I recall a certain someone's earlier thoughts…I claim temporary insanity.

Lily's thoughts were interrupted by a knock on her door. If that is Potter I'm going to punch him in the face…such violence tonight… She opened the door slowly, expecting the worst, "Tiger Lily!"

Lily let out a sigh of relief. "Wendy," she opened the door and let her in.

Wendy lightly touched Lily's shoulder, "Hey, are you feeling better?"

Lily smiled, "I thought I told you to stay at the party…"

Wendy returned the smile, "I did, for about an hour and a half, but I wanted to make sure you were alright…"

"Yeah, I'm fine now. It was just a touch of food poisoning."

Wendy sighed with visible relief. "Oh good. I was worried. But.." she flashed Lily her signature grin, "Now we can go surfing with the boys tomorrow!"

"Boys?" A look of panic began to register on Lily's face.

"Yeah, Matt and James. You said you wanted to learn to surf and well, Matt is gonna help James with the basics and all again tomorrow, so I thought we could all do it together…"

"Oh…I see…" There was no question about it now, Lily was in full blown panic mode.

"So you'll do it?" Wendy peered at her hopefully.

Lily looked at Wendy…If I say no do you think she will leave me alone…you're on your own here dearie…but how bad can it be? Try and think positively…yeah…

"Tiger Lily! Hello!"

"Oh, sorry!" She grimaced, "Yeah, I'll see you bright and early tomorrow."

Wendy failed to notice Lily's enthusiasm, and almost skipped back to the door she was so giddy with excitement. "You'll see Tiger Lily. He's totally your Danny. I can tell."

Lily laughed at that statement. "Yeah. Let's just wait to make that judgment shall we."

"O-k. But I still say he's your Danny." Wendy jumped up and clapped her hands…"then that means I could be Rizzo and ……"

"Good night Wendy."

"Night Tiger Lily! See you bright and early tomorrow!"

Lily closed the door and buried her face in her hands. Gosh darn it! I am such a bloody moron!...I just agreed to make a fool out of myself in front of Potter…why do you care what he thinks dearie?…hmm…I don't. I just…never mind…that's what I thought…Merlin, tomorrow is gonna suck arse…

____________________________________________________________________________

a/n: Sorry!! This was late! Real life kept getting in the way! I'm hoping to get the next chapter up sometime between Saturday and Sunday. As always…tell me what you liked, and didn't!


-->