Unofficial Portkey Archive

Aloha Hawaii by greenbee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Aloha Hawaii

greenbee

a/n: Thank you for all your reviews! There are review replies if you look, and CC means constructive criticism.

_____________________________________________

Lily immediately went back to admiring her toes, happy to ignore James and yet, surprisingly hesitant to insult him outright. Her silence and discomfort did not go unnoticed by James, but his silence came from the shock of finding his Lily at a party. Luckily for the pair, Wendy and Matt were too busy "making up" from their little spat earlier to take note of the tension among their guests.

After what seemed like hours to Lily, but was merely more than half a minute, she lifted her head and stared James in the eye, "Hi."

At the sound of her voice Wendy and Matt ended their game of tonsil hockey and remembered they had guests. Guests whom they were hoping would hit it off. Wendy gave Matt's hand a little squeeze, "Aren't you going to introduce us to your friend?"

Matt threw her a look of loving exasperation, "Wendy, darling, this is the guy I was telling you about, James. James, this is Wendy…"

"His gorgeous devoted girlfriend, and if he's said otherwise…it's a lie." She flashed him a bright smile before turning to Lily, "And this is my friend Lily, who's…"

This time it was Lily cutting off Wendy, "Hi. Nice to meet you." She gave a slight wave.

The corner of James's mouth twitched as if he were holding back a smile. "Likewise."

The four teens stood silently for a minute before Wendy spoke up. "Lily and I are going to go get something to drink. We'll be right back."

Matt gently grabbed Wendy's arm, "I'll go get them." He looked over at Lily, "What would you like?"

Wendy smiled sweetly, "Thanks, but we'll get our own drinks."

"I'll go get them it's no big deal."

"We can manage fine."

"Really…"

Lily and James stared at the two as they bickered back and forth over who would go get the drinks. Lily smiled to herself. She knew exactly why Wendy wanted to go get those drinks. Unwilling to interrupt their argument as she did not want Wendy to start interrogating her, she once again fixed her gaze on James. I say…your James is a mighty intelligent man…Not contradicting you…He's not a man. And he's NOT my James...Oh, but it was you who first called him that…I did not! I don't even like the guy. Why use a possessive when referring to him?...I don't know. Maybe you should think on that…since you're the one using the possessive…Ha! He's an insufferable prat. Not to mention extremely immature! He's always ruffling his hair too. You'd think he had a nest of nargles or something the way he acted. And...You know dearie, it sounds to me like someone pays an awful lot of attention to a man she claims to hate…I never said I hated him. He irritates me. Besides. You can hardly miss him. He's a complete showoff...Hmmm…What does that mean?!...Nothing dearie. Nothing at all…Right. Like I'd, ugh, I'm going to be... That was as far as Lily got before she gracefully vomited all over the sand in front of her, missing James by mere centimeters. It was only graceful because she managed to avoid herself all together and only hit the sand.

The argument between Wendy and Matt immediately ceased to exist and before either could blink James was at her side, holding her up. Matt spoke up first, "Are you sick?"

Wendy rolled her eyes in disbelief and lightly smacked Matt on the back of his head. "Ding-bat! Do you think people just barf for the fun of it? Of course she's sick!" She shook her head in a show of exasperation. "Honestly. But seriously Tiger Lily, are you alright."

This time it was Matt who shook his head in disbelief. "You just jumped on me because I…"

Lily, sensing they were about to break into yet another flirtatious argument, held up her hand, "I'll be fine. I'm just going to go back to my hotel room."

James glanced over at the pair before concentrating on Lily,. "I'll walk with her. I'm staying in the same hotel anyway…"

"You are? How do you know that? Have you met before?" Wendy tilted her head and looked at James thoughtfully for a moment before glaring at Matt, "Did you tell him where her hotel was?"

"What? Are you crazy woman? I don't even know where his hotel is! I think you have finally cracked…" Matt shook his head at Wendy, muttering under his breath about women and their crazy ideas.

"Don't call me woman!" She shot him a dirty look before turning her attention back to James, "Well, I'm waiting…"

Lily was about to respond to Wendy's question, when she vomited again. James held her hair back for her before moving his hand to his own hair. He scratched the back of his head, messing up the hair there - something he tended to do when he was nervous. "You see, I accidentally bumped into her this morning…I wasn't paying too much attention to where I was going." He smiled sheepishly.

"Oh, sorry."

"That's okay, but I'm going to take Lily back to the hotel now."

"I'll go with her. You guys really don't know each other." She started to walk towards her but stopped at Lily's weak smile.

"It's alright, Wendy. I'm sure it's just a bug or something. No big deal. Po - James can take me. You stay, have fun."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, besides he owes me for this morning anyway." Idiot! Why did I just agree to let Potter take me back to my hotel? Merlin, I'm such a moron! Dearie…it's quite simple…No! I'm not listening to you right now. Bloody Hell! I'm gonna blow chunks again…

"Well, alright…But call me if you need anything okay?" Wendy turned to James. "No funny business tonight mister."

James laughed, "Does that mean there can be funny business another night?"

Before either girl could answer Lily vomited once again. Blast it all! I must have done the sobering spell wrong!

James gently took hold of Lily's elbow and placed the other on the small of her back before guiding her away from the party and back towards the direction of the hotel. He turned and yelled back to Matt, "I'll catch you early tomorrow mate."

"Bright and early, son. Bright and early."

As Lily and James walked away, Wendy turned to Matt with confusion etched on her face and her baby browns deep with thought. "They seemed awful comfortable with each other, don't you think?"

Matt nodded thoughtfully, "That they did."

"What did he mean see you early tomorrow? I thought we were going surfing."

"We are."

"But you just…" A look of understanding settled on her face, "You are quite brilliant."

"You're right. I am brilliant."

"Oi! Don't let it go to you head."

Matt slipped his hands around her waist and lightly kissed her neck, "Oh, I intend to."

"Hm?" Wendy didn't bother with a proper answer, she was too busy being distracted by Matt's lovely mouth.

"Don't. Worry. About. It." Matt followed each word with a kiss before spinning her in his arms so they were face to face. He gave her a devilish grin before finishing with, "Woman."

Wendy opened her mouth to scold him, but was interrupted by a kiss. All thoughts of Lily and James vanished from her head.

_______________________________________________

As soon as they were out of earshot, Lily spoke up, "What are you…"

James tenderly placed a finger on her lips, "You can yell at me after we get back to your hotel room and we fix your botched attempt at a sobering spell okay?"

Lily refrained from responding and, surprisingly, did what James told her to do. That bloody bastard! How dare he accuse me of botching my sobering spell…Dearie, you already said you botched you sobering spell…But he's not allowed to point it out! And then ordering me around, how dare he think he can…I'm gonna throw up again…

James held Lily's hair back from her face once again. That last bit of retching confirmed his theory. No one threw up four times in less than twenty minutes unless they messed up some spell. He refrained from saying anything else and continued to trace soothing circles on the small of her back.

Merlin, she feels brilliant…but is going to kill me once she is feeling better…well, at least she can't use magic, especially cause Mum confiscated my wand for the vacation!...Wait, how did she do the sobering spell, then?...Maybe she is really sick…bloody hell, and I just accused her of botching a spell…Miss Perfect Prefect never messes up a bloody spell! Shit, I am so dead, totally dead…

Lily was able to make it to the hotel with out any further embarrassment and remained silent until they reached the door of her hotel room, "Well, this is me…"

a/n: Okay, so this chapter is a little shorter, but I promise they won't get any shorter than this! The next chapter should be up sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday. As always…tell me what you liked, and didn't!


-->