Unofficial Portkey Archive

Stolen Moments by snoopy_pie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Stolen Moments

snoopy_pie

Hello readers!

This is another challenge from right here at portkey. It is a cheating challenge where Harry is cheating on Ginny with Hermione. So be warned if you don't like a cheating Harry. But I hope that I don't totally destroy his character. Let me know if he gets to terrible kk?

The characters do not belong to me nor do I make any money off of my stories. They belong to JK. Thanks!

Manda

I am lying here waiting for the clock to strike because that is when he will leave me once again. I turn over to watch him and his green eyes pierce my soul. How could we have messed our lives up so badly? He smiles that sad sweet smile and gently pulls me to him for another amazing kiss that makes my heart skip. I can't help myself. I have to give him everything I have. His life with her is so different from what he has with me. I honestly don't understand how we can go on like this.

"Hermione…"

"No…please, just a little longer, Harry," I whisper desperately against his lips.

He groans and sweeps my hair away from my eyes. I so love how he touches me. Every time I tell myself I will not give into him, I will not allow him to consume my entire being but it's a lie. He knows me just as clearly as he knows himself and I have no choice but to open up both my heart and my bed to him.

"I have to go…Hermione." He doesn't say that he has to go to his wife. He doesn't have to because I was at his wedding. I know exactly who he has to run home to, only too well. Secretly I hope he calls her and tells her he won't be home tonight. He has to work, or he is staying over at Ron's again. Or hell, I don't know, let him tell her he's making love to another woman. I am a woman whom she trusts, a woman who lives for these stolen moments with another woman's husband. Sometimes I hate myself for what I'm doing but then he touches me and the guilt fades. It has always been that way between us.

The first time we were 17 and foolish. It was one of those moments that you wonder what the hell you're doing, but I know exactly what we were thinking. He was leaving Ron and me to finish what we had started. He was going to play the hero again and I was livid with him. I didn't want him to go. I begged and pleaded until I could only sob weakly onto his shoulder. I remember it like yesterday how his heart was beating so wildly. It was like we were inexplicably drawn to each other. We gave ourselves to each other that night and we forever possessed one another.

After the war things somehow got very complicated and it was difficult to absorb everything that had happened to us. It was like we didn't know what to do with each other anymore. Were we friends? Were we lovers? That line had been blurred.

I loved him then. I know that now but at the time I was young and confused over what had happened both with Voldemort and with Harry. So I pushed him away and he allowed me to do it. What else could we do? We were just kids after all. Time passed and no one knew of our indiscretion. We kept telling ourselves it was only one time. One time that happened out of hurt and fear. It was perfectly natural we had said. We were just friends and we always would be. How wrong we were to think it would be just one time.

"Harry…" I ask tentatively. His heart was beating wildly again. I loved how I could do that to him. "Why don't you stay with me tonight? You could call her…" There I had said it. I had broken our rule of never mentioning her during our times together. He stiffened.

"Hermione…you know I can't." He pushed me away and swung his legs over to the side of the bed. I loved his body and I couldn't help but sigh appreciatively when he stood up to pull on his pants. "She was suspicious last time, we can't chance it." He swiftly pulled on his T-shirt and looked down at me with those incredible eyes. I know my eyes are filling with tears. I get so lonely at night. "Hey…don't cry…I'll try and work something out for next weekend okay?"

"You know as well as I do it will never be a weekend," I say nastily. I don't know what is wrong with me. Why am I ruining this?

Harry sighs and stares at me. "Maybe you are right. You deserve to have a man who is whole. I'm sorry I can't give that to you." He grabs his shoes and I watch him walk out of my bedroom leaving me to my emptiness.

[Author ID0: at Fri Dec 13 15:45:52 1901 ]

[Author ID1: at Wed Aug 27 10:36:00 2008 ]

Author Note: Hey guys it's me Snoopy and I have at last found a beta and this is the beta version of the previous chapter 1. Hope you all enjoy it.

Love,

Snoopy

-->