Unofficial Portkey Archive

Stolen Moments by snoopy_pie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Stolen Moments

snoopy_pie

Authors Note: Hello everyone! I am back again! I hope that you all aren't terribly angry with me for taking so long, but what can I say? I'm sorry. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I am liking how Ginny is turning out to be. I'm Still not sure how I feel about Harry but we will see what happens. Somehow he is developing a lot of anger in this story. Well Maybe Hermione can help him heal later on ;)

As always, these characters don't belong to me because if they did Ginny certainly would have never ended up with Harry and Hermione wouldn't have been tortured with an eternity with Ron. Poor guys. I feel sorry for them. Anyway enjoy! And please Read and Review!

Love,

Manda

Chapter 3

"What in bloody hell do you think you are doing Harry?" Ron held up an issue of The Daily Prophet and threw it down on my desk. I discreetly pick up the paper and read last night's headlines. "Potter: Is he as noble as he seems? "

"Well good morning to you too." I throw the paper in the bin and pretend to look over some of Ginny's shopping expenses. "You would think your sister would run out of things to buy wouldn't you?" I say it with a measure of teasing but he is unperturbed.

"Harry, they are saying you are paying for a small residence in London. It is a small two bedroom flat that is in your Fucking Name!" I raise my eyes to his guiltily but say nothing. "Well?"

"Look Ron, you know as well as I do that we found that flat together long before I was married…or anything."

"It is in your Fucking Name! How is this going to look if they find out Hermione lives there?" His temper was nearing its height and I decided that if he said fucking one more time his head might explode.

"Ron calm down. Of course the flat is in my name. I was the only one who had the money to get it at the time. Remember?"

"But why is it still in your name? How is this going to look for my sister damn it! It's going to make her look like a fool. Harry, you've got to end this shit. I can't even look at my own sister anymore." I could tell he was walking a tight rope. On one side he was my friend and on the other he was Gin's brother. Didn't they say that blood was thicker than water? I wouldn't know. My blood kin wasn't as loyal.

"This will all blow over. Nobody pays any attention to Rita Skeeter anymore…"

"Who says it is Rita Skeeter? You know Harry you really should read more about what they write about you. You might be enlightened." With that he stormed out of my office and out my front door. I slowly pick up the paper from the trash and read a little further my face growing paler by the moment. Draco Malfoy was one of the most popular, charming and respected young journalists in Wizarding London right now. If anyone knew my shortcomings it was him. I realized I would have to talk to Ginny. She would probably see the headline sometime today. My real worry wasn't with how my lovely wife would take the news however. It was how a stubborn yet utterly beautiful brunette would handle the latest gossip. With one look of disdain from those beautiful brown eyes and I will crumble. I should have given the flat to her years ago but something inside of me wanted to be a part of her and our little place gave me a way to do that. I close my eyes and let my head fall down onto my desk. What the hell was I going to do?

That was where she found me. I heard the door open softly and the sound of her feet until she was standing in front of me and she sighed. Oh God. Here we go.

"Harry, I think we need to talk." Who knew that one little sentence could instill such dread and anxiety?

I look up to see her pretty face frowning at me. I try to smile at her but she holds up her hand as if to stop me and before I could think of what to do I hear myself begin to explain.

"I suppose you've seen the paper this morning and I'm not going to lie about it. The flat is in my name and-"

"I don't give a damn about that stupid flat Harry." She flipped her long hair back over her shoulders and glared at me. "I know you help Hermione. I'm not stupid you know."

I look at her and wait for her to continue. "Then why are you here?"

She smiled at me the way she did when I vowed to marry her and I shudder. "What do you want Gin?"

"I want what every wife wants from her husband."

My blood goes cold. "Ginny…"

"You married me Harry, I am your wife." She paused and practically licked her lips. "I have dreamed about you so many times. Only dreams won't give me a baby." She slowly steps around the side of my desk and slides her delicate fingers along the collar of my robes. I feel frozen inside but I stand up. My muscles tense and I feel a slow rage begin to burn. "I think I've waited long enough for you to come to your senses. I've tried seduction, I've tried to be a doting wife and last night I practically threw myself at you." Her lips were inches away from mine and when she leaned up to kiss me my hands seized her shoulders roughly.

"Enough!" My voice sounds cruel even to my own ears but I don't care anymore. I fling her away from me before I lose control and it takes some effort to stop myself from hexing her. Then I blurted something out that has been gnawing at my soul for three years. "You killed our baby. Or don't you remember?" The color drops from her cheeks making her appear pale as a ghost. "You didn't think I knew what you did? Haven't you ever wondered why…why…I stopped caring about you?" I'm shaking all over now and the anger that always simmers inside of me starts to overpower my ability to think clearly. I'm scaring her. I know it. I don't care. She backs away from me fear clearly growing within her eyes. I'll always be The Chosen One in her eyes. I have never been just a man to her. A man with fears and insecurities. That has been our greatest obstacle in our relationship.

"Harry…no I would never… You have to understand." Her voice sounded wild and her hands fidgeted up to twist around her hair. With my voiced suspicion that she killed our unborn child everything had changed. I hated myself for feeling like this.

"Get out."

She stares at me wide eyed with shock. "Wh…What are you going to do?"

"Ginny…"

"Harry, we are still married. We can work this out. I'm sorry about everything but can't we just…"

"Shut up!" For once I don't feel anything for her and that scares me. "You used me Gin. You used my guilt over Neville dying to manipulate me. Your own brother told me about the potions you used and still I stayed with you until one day I found myself at the altar. I made a vow to protect you and took you as my wife, and I could've forgiven you everything else, but when you killed my baby you ruined everything. I know I had my own reasons for marrying you and you're not the only one to blame for our failure, but I'd rather die then take you back into my bed." The honesty of that statement was frightening.

She nodded and once again I saw that blazing fire spark within her eyes. "I think I get the point, but please remember my darling husband that you are the one who comes home hours after your office closes. It is you who comes home reeking of some tramp whore." Her eyes gleamed with the victory that she knows I am not celibate.

"You don't know anything about it." I say with disgust. "And you never will."

She gives me an icy stare before walking rigidly toward the door. "I'm going to the burrow for a few days. Try not to miss me too much...husband." She slammed my door so hard I thought I might have to replace the frame.

My head was beginning to throb. We can't keep living like this.

"Dobby!" My voice is cracked and shaky.

The little elf popped into my study almost immediately. "Yes Harry Potter Sir? Is there something Dobby can do for his friend Harry Potter?"

"I need you to do something for me." I hesitate but I knew it was the only way. "I want you to follow Ginny." His large round eyes grew wider still if that was possible and then he looked very sly.

"Harry Potter wants me to spy upon his Lady?"

"Yes Dobby…but you can't let anyone know. Not even Ms. Ginny. It is a secret between me and you. Okay?"

"Yes Sir Harry Potter Sir!" He saluted which almost made me laugh. "You can count on me yes Sir!"

With a loud pop the loyal little elf apparated away.

I rub my temples and like a bad habit I touch the fading scar at my forehead. "We will see if I am the only one unfaithful." I whisper more to myself than anything.

"You are doing the right thing dear," said a mousey looking young woman in the portrait behind me.

"I hope so." I say. "For my own sanity there has got to be a way out of this mess."

-->