Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Before Lies by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Before Lies

spacegal

Notes: This is actually Chapter 10 and 11 together - as I was writing both chapters, I noticed a lack of pages so I decided to put them together but don't worry - You will still have the last chapter on Sunday rather than having two VERY short chapters.

Chapter 10

"I just don't get it," Harry muttered as he threw the map across the room after balling it up in frustration.

"Harry…" Hermione started as she moved up behind him and placed her hands on his shoulders, rubbing them. "We'll get it."

"It's just…frustrating!" Harry told her as he closed his eyes, allowing his head to drop as Hermione started massaging his neck. "Oh, that's good," Harry moaned. Hermione gave him a soft smile before she moved her hands down lower.

Hermione bent her head down before she pressed a kiss to the back of his neck, eliciting a soft sigh from Harry as he turned his head and kissed her lips, softly before lust heightened inside of him.

Harry pulled Hermione into his lap and kissed her, hard and hotly. Sharing a bed together was really pushing their limits and temptation but they were both determined to wait till after the war so they could date each other properly before they would take that step.

Hermione was both relieved and frustrated. As much as she loved Harry, she had always planned her first time and doing it because there was a war wasn't a part of the plan, but sharing a bed with the man she loved and not able to go far was beginning to drive her nuts.

Hermione shifted herself and was about to wrap her arms around Harry's neck when the door slammed opened - startling Harry and Hermione, who jumped up from his lap and put a small distance between them.

"Sorry, did we disturb you?" Ron asked, curiosity and amusement lighting his blue eyes, only for his amusement to increase when he got glares in return.

"What did you come in here for?" Harry asked curiously as he stood up.

"We know where it is," Luna told him.

"We've found it?" Harry asked and Luna nodded.

"Yes - Ollivander is currently in Romania at the moment - all we need to do is apparate there and seek him out - ask him where the wand is and we have the horcux," Luna told him and Harry gave a soft sigh of relief; they were getting closer in getting rid of Voldemort for good.

"That's great!" Hermione exclaimed, silently agreeing with Harry's silent thoughts. The sooner they got Voldemort out of their lives for good, the sooner they could concentrate on their future and that was what Hermione was holding onto in order to get past the war.

"Okay - Hermione and I will go and collect the wand - Hermione should be able to convince Ollivander into giving us the wand - you two collect the ingredients that we will need to get rid of the horcux," Harry told them and Ron nodded his agreement as he watched Harry wrap his arm around Hermione's waist and they both disappeared from his sight before he turned to Luna.

"Let's go shopping ma lady," Ron told her as he held out his arm. Luna laughed slightly as she wrapped an arm around his and they both left the motel room too and headed to Diagon Alley to get the ingredients.

Soon Harry let out a sigh as the horcux finally disappeared before he looked around.

"That's the last one," Harry told them and they all looked at each other as understanding dawned on them.

It was time to face Voldemort.

Harry and Hermione didn't have a hard time finding Ollivander but they did have a bit of a hard time convincing Ollivander to giving them the wand.

Hermione had finally told Ollivander the truth about the wand and Voldemort. Ollivander had been curious and interested before he thought about it and finally allowed Harry to have the wand so he would able to get rid of Voldemort for good.

Harry had assured Ollivander that he would get his wand back in one piece, much to Ollivander's happiness, before he waved them goodbye as they left to get back to the motel so they could finally get rid of the one thing that was standing in their way.

Hermione and Harry were sitting on the bed with Hermione leaning into Harry's side. Both of them were deep in thought as they thought about what lay ahead of them. All they had to do was seek out Voldemort and face the battle.

"We're going to make it, aren't we?" Hermione asked, breaking the silence. Harry looked down at her hair and nodded before he placed a soft kiss on her crown.

"Yeah - we're gonna do this and we're gonna survive it - one way or another. For the first time, I'm seeing a future Hermione and that Future has us both alive in it - I'm not gonna let one of us die without a fight," Harry told her and Hermione smiled softly as she tipped her head so she could look up at him.

"I love you," Hermione admitted. Harry looked at her, shocked before a soft smile crossed his face.

"I love you too," Harry admitted - for the first time saying the word 'love' and he couldn't help but think how right it was to say it to Hermione - the first person who had ever given him a hug.

"We're going to do this," Hermione stated with conviction. Harry just pressed a kiss to her lips before Hermione turned in his arms and let him hold her close.

TBC - Keep Reading!

Chapter 11:

"It's too early," Hermione whispered as she moved in closer to Harry, holding him closely. She didn't want to let him go. Letting him go meant admitting that there was a chance that he might not come back to her.

They were still in bed after sleeping. Hermione didn't want to get up - she wanted to stay in bed and pretend that they were a normal couple who had nothing to worry about.

"Hermione…" Harry whispered back as he curled his arm around her waist, holding her closer to him. "We've talked about this." Hermione nodded against his shoulder.

"I know but I'm still scared. You could die Harry and I don't want that," she admitted as she looked up into Harry's eyes, finally admitting the one fear that held its grip over her.

Harry lifted his hand and cupped her cheek, looking into her eyes.

"No matter what Hermione, I'm right here in your heart," Harry told her. "I will try and come back to you, no matter what it takes." Hermione nodded as tears filled her brown eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered back before she lifted her head and Harry kissed her, softly, trying to reassure her that he was still here.

Ron and Luna were curled up in bed as well. Ron was lying on his back while Luna was resting on her side with most of her front on top of Ron's chest.

The covers were drawn up over their bodies, covering their nakedness. Ron ran a hand through Luna's blonde locks, enjoying the way they slid through his fingers like water.

"We'll make it," Luna spoke up, breaking the silence. Ron looked down at her but found her blue eyes were staring out of the window. "We will bring down Voldemort for once and for all and live our lives in peace like it was supposed to."

"Yeah, we will," Ron agreed and Luna lifted her head to look up at him.

"Promise me that if something happens to me - you will keep going, no matter what," Luna told him. Ron looked at her, curious.

"Luna?" Ron asked.

"Promise me - Harry will need us there in the battle but if something happens to one of us - the remaining ones will have to follow Harry - no matter what," Luna told him, insistent.

Ron nodded his agreement, confused.

"I promise," Ron told before frowning. "What brought this on?" Ron asked and Luna sighed.

"Harry needs to finish this war for once and for all - if he doesn't, he will slowly lose himself in the process. I want us to follow him, no matter what. If one of us is struck down - we will encourage Harry to finish it - he has to bring peace back to the wizarding world," Luna explained.

"Nothing will happen," Ron told her but Luna shook her head.

"We don't know that - we were unprepared back in your fifth year - we will be unprepared this year - we don't know what Voldemort has up his sleeves," Luna told him and Ron nodded in agreement.

"We will stick together and fight our way through," Ron told her and Luna smiled softly as she rested her head on his chest once more and stared out of the window, hoping that everything would turn out the way it supposed to be.

Everyone met up in Harry and Hermione's hotel living room once they all had gotten washed and changed into comfortable yet protective clothing as they drew closer to bringing an end to the war.

Ron watched Harry as he paced the area before he decided to distract Harry a little from pacing because it was beginning to make him even more nervous.

"What's the plan?" Ron asked Harry. Harry looked at him.

"All of us will touch the portkey at a certain time at the same time and we will arrive at the battlefield with the left over Order and the DA," Harry told them.

"You contacted them?" Ron asked and Hermione nodded, speaking up.

"I have. I've warned Professor McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey because that's where everyone will go when they are wounded. They've all replied and told me that they will be there," Hermione explained.

All four of them moved toward each other till they created a square and faced each other.

"It's time," Luna whispered before she lifted up her hand and placed it in the middle. "It's time to bring an end to the war."

"Together," Harry agreed as he placed his hand on top of Luna. Ron placed his hand on top of Harry and Hermione placed her hand on top of Ron.

"No matter what - all four of us are in it together and we will do whatever it takes to make sure that we will have the future we've dreamed off," Hermione told them and Ron smiled in agreement before they broke the circle.

"Where is the battle?" Ron asked.

"Hogwarts," Harry told him before he lifted up the portkey and the three of them grabbed a hold of it before their surrounding disappeared in a swirl of blurred colours as they were all transported their destination.

They all landed on their feet - thanks to all the practice they had taken up and found themselves on Hogwarts Grounds where Voldemort and the Death Eaters were.

"Potter - you have arrived to your death," Voldemort stated with a smirk but Harry just glared at him as Ron, Luna, Hermione - the rest of the DA and the Order all spread out.

They all had received a message from Harry announcing the date and time for the final battle and everyone had shown up - they wanted this war and over and done with and they were going to back up Harry.

"It's time Voldemort," Harry stated. "You're going down."

"Say whatever you want to say boy - I will be the winner and your mudblood will be my prize," Voldemort informed him as they both raised the wands.

TBC

One last chapter.