Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love Before Lies by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love Before Lies

spacegal

Chapter 8: Confessions and Love.

They finally reached the Hotel they were staying in, much to everyone's relief. It had been pouring down rain all night, making the ground muddy as they scrambled out the next morning - much to everyone's annoyance.

They made their way into the hotel with Harry leading them over to the reception desk, where a female was working behind the desk.

"Hi, I have reservations under Potter," Harry told the receptionist. She looked at them before looking through the computer and nodded when she saw the list.

"Could I see identification please?" she asked and Harry nodded as he pulled out a card with his picture and name on it - Sirius had gotten him one after he had died. It had come to Harry through the will.

The receptionist took it and checked it thoroughly before she nodded, satisfied. She handed the ID back to Harry, who slipped it into his pocket. "Here are you keys, Mr. Potter and we hope you enjoy your stay here," she told him.

Harry smiled back as he took the keys and handed one to Hermione.

"Thank you," Harry told her before they lifted their bags and moved over to the elevators. Hermione pressed the call button and they waited for the elevator to come down.

"This is actually impressive," Ron stated as he looked around, taking in the sight of everyone not doing magic. Harry and Hermione could help the shared smile at Ron's excitement.

"Muggles are always inventive when it comes to finding way to get along without magic," Luna told him and Ron nodded in agreement.

Harry couldn't help but note with a pleased smile that Ron and Luna were getting closer together; he was happy for Luna. Now, if only he could figure out someway to let Hermione know that he was following his heart and see what her reaction would be, everything would a little easier for him.

The elevator let out a small dinging sound as the doors opened and everyone stepped through before Harry pressed the button for their level. The door closed with a small ding before the lift started moving up till they reached their level and the doors opened once more, allowing them to step out of the lift and into the hallway.

Harry led them down the hallway till they reached the doors that led the way to their rooms that they would be sleeping in before Harry frowned, realising something.

When he had reserved the rooms - he had asked for two - one where he and Ron would share and Hermione would have a room to herself, now there were four of them.

"Okay, I have two rooms reserved but I can push it to four depending on the situation - do you girls want to share or just do the same as we did with the tents?" Harry asked. Hermione and Luna looked at each other before Hermione turned to face Harry.

"We'll do the same as the tents - each room has separate beds, right?" Hermione asked and Harry nodded.

"Yep," Harry told her and Hermione nodded.

"Beside, it'll be easier this way because I will need to refer to you any information I'll find so you can tell me if it's correct or not," Hermione told him and Harry nodded as he handed a key card to Ron, who took with an arched eyebrow.

"Does this open a door?" Ron asked, incredulous and Harry grinned as Hermione took the card from Ron and headed over to the room that he and Luna would be staying in with Ron and Luna following her.

She showed them how to use the key card before giving it to them and got them to try it out till they got the hand of it, much to Ron's relief and Luna's amusement over the things that the muggles think up these days.

Ron and Luna made their way into the hotel room, looking around at all the different things that came into view.

"Oh - and call us when you have problems - don't try and do anything yourself when you can't figure out how to work it," Harry told him with a hint of pleading in his tone. Luna nodded her understanding.

"Don't worry Harry, we will," Luna assured him while patting his arm softly, before Harry and Hermione made their way into their room while Luna closed the door with a soft smile on her face - she had a feeling things were going to change between Harry and Hermione sooner than she thought.

Harry and Hermione unpacked their stuff and placed their things in the correct places before Hermione turned to Harry.

"Work time?" Hermione asked but Harry shook his head.

"I have something to tell you," Harry told her as he moved closer to her. Hermione arched an eyebrow, curious.

"What?" Hermione asked. Harry took her hands and sat her down on the bed before sitting down next to her.

"You asked me to let you know when I followed my heart, right?" Harry asked, reminding her. Hermione nodded, curious as to what Harry was getting when she noticed that his face was moving closer to hers.

"Harry…" Hermione started but was cut off when she felt warm lips on top of hers. Her eyes shot up to Harry's eyes, which were also wide.

Harry made to pull away but Hermione's hand slid into his hair and held him against her lips before she closed her eyes and relaxed her mouth and ran her tongue over his lips.

Harry's eyes closed in pleasure before he opened his mouth and their tongues duelled, softly and sweetly for a short moment.

Harry pulled away as the need for air screamed in his brain. He rested his head against her forehead as he savoured the feeling of being near her. Hermione's eyes was still closed as her breath came in small little puffs before her breathing calmed down and she opened her eyes to look at Harry, wonder filling them.

"What was that?" Hermione asked and Harry grinned as he nuzzled his nose against Hermione's.

"A kiss," Harry teased her and she rolled her eyes.

"Harry!" she scolded and Harry laughed slightly.

"I like you, I really like you," Harry told her and Hermione's eyes widened in shock before Harry shook his head. "I was an idiot over the years, I can see that. It should have tipped me off when I saw you fall that day in the Department of the Ministry but I was a bit thick."

"Harry…" Hermione croaked out.

"Last year, I was going for what was easy not what was right. Ginny was there as a distraction, despite how she used a love potion on me - I was scared of everything that had happened but seeing everything that has happened - life is too short to be scared," Harry explained as he stroked her cheek.

"Are you sure you're not just latching on to something else that's easy?" Hermione asked and Harry shook his head.

"No - Hermione, I need you. You're the one thing that keeps me sane," Hermione laughed at this. "I was so confused about my feelings for you - seeing you fighting with Ron told me to place you in the 'sister' side so that you were free to be with Ron but every time I got a hint that you might be together, I was so jealous and I didn't even realise it."

"God Harry, you really can be thick sometimes," Hermione lovingly scolded him and Harry grinned.

"A match made in heaven I say - I'm the idiot - you're the smart one," Harry told her. Hermione couldn't help the laughter that came out as she rested her head on Harry's chest.

"Yeah, I guess," Hermione agreed as she closed her eyes - enjoying the feel of being in Harry's arms.

After a while of just being in each other arms - Harry pulled away, startling Hermione slightly before she saw that Harry was pulling the books and maps toward her.

"Time to get working," Hermione stated, mostly to herself, and Harry nodded.

"Just on where the Ravenclaw wand is - if the Hufflepuff cup isn't the one, then we'll widen our search but I just want to concentrate on the wand first," Harry told her. Hermione nodded as she grabbed a book and pulled it closer to her while Harry searched the map with a crystal before comparing it with the books that Dumbledore had left him about the horcuxes.

Both of them worked in comfortable silence, just working together the way they always used to do but missed out on during their sixth year.

TBC

Sorry that it was short but it's mostly focusing on Harry/Hermione - see you Sunday.