Unofficial Portkey Archive

Eventualities of a less than normal gang by Rosali
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Eventualities of a less than normal gang

Rosali

Eventualities of a less than normal gang

Fic I:

I still owe you a love song

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Type of fic: One-shot

Summary: Harry makes a promise to Hermione on a silent night at Hogwarts… and he has never broken a promise to his Hermione.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N: So, this came to me as I was waiting for technical support to fix my email at work and I heard a song by Joaquin Sabina. The love song Harry sings, it is made out of a number of songs by this artist (he is from Spain, if you are curious) that I love. Enjoy!

I still owe you a love song

By Rosalí

The Hogwarts clock had just sung midnight, and the few students left, had already gone to bed. Ron had gone home for the weekend to keep the guard his father had to leave due to urgent Order business. Right now it was only Harry and Hermione left in the Common Room, each deep in thought, sitting in one end of the sofa.

"Harry-do you think we are going to make it?"

Harry was driven away from his thoughts by Hermione's strange question; she had never asked something like that. In fact, Harry was sure this was the first time he had ever heard her talking about doubts… real doubts about the war. He tore his gaze from the dying flames and cocked his head to a side. "What do you mean?" he asked, not knowing what else to say.

"Well, I know I've never talked about this with anyone, but-" she looked down, as if ashamed of what she was about to say.

"What, what's wrong?"

"You'll think I'm being silly."

"I would never say that," he said fiercely but smiled encouragingly at her.

She looked away again and then turned towards Harry. "No one has ever sung me a love song." She bit her bottom lip, waiting for an answer, or a laugh… anything! And Harry just stared.

"That's not possible."

"I know! I know it is silly, I'm sorry. I know we have so many things to worry about, why with Voldemort, the Horcruxes, the war, everything!" she rambled endlessly. "It's just that-"

"It is not possible that no one has ever sung a love song to you!" Harry's voice rose against Hermione's ramblings and she stopped immediately.

"What?"

"What I just said… it is not possible."

It was her turn to laugh. "Oh, Harry…" she said an playfully hit his arm, but he was serious.

"I am serious Hermione…" No one spoke for a moment and then Harry's eyes widened and he smiled, taking her hand gently. "Hermione… if we make it through the war, I promise, with all my soul, that I will sing you the most beautiful love song you'll never hear."

He stared and Hermione couldn't do anything but smile back. She loved him so much. "Thank you, Harry," she said softly and then a comfortable silence fell on them, his hand not letting go of hers.

A year later…

It had been only a couple of days since Harry, Hermione, Ron and the rest of survivors of the final battle had all finally left St. Mungo's. It had been a terrible battle, and many good friends and brave people had died for the future.

They had moved their things to the old Order's Headquarters and were living there for the time being. Dinner had been quiet and nice; it had only been Harry and Hermione because Ron had gone over to Luna's, his fiancée since last week, to have dinner too.

The two youngsters walked over to the sitting room and plopped on the overstuffed sofa. Harry conjured a fire, and soon enough, the room was warm and the flames danced merrily in the fireplace.

The two were in silence, staring into the flames, deep in though, when Harry heard a sob from his right and turned to the sound.

"Hermione? What's the matter honey?" he asked, immediately moving closer to her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

She didn't answer and tears kept running down her beautiful face.

"Mione, please, talk to me…" he said softly.

She cried, and between sobs, he could make out something about so many dying, and why it had to happen-and he understood. This had happened to him a couple of times before, and he'd discovered that the only way to get past it, was to let it all out.

He moved over to her and wrapped his arms around probably the most important person in his life now and ever, not knowing what else to do to ease her pain. As he rubbed her back and whispered soothing nothings in her ear, he remembered something and pulled away from her, so they were facing each other. "Hey, I just remembered something," he said with a sweet smile, which made Hermione stop crying for a moment to pay attention to him.

"W-what is it?" she asked in a broken voice, wiping a few tears from her face.

With his thumb, Harry wiped yet another warm teardrop. "I still owe you a love song."

She sniffed, almost chuckled. "What do you mean?"

"I mean I still owe you a love song," he said simply, his grin widening with each word at the prospect of making her feel better.

"How come?"

"Well, I promised you last year, remember?" She cocked her head to a side and smiled a bit so Harry continued. "I promised you that if we made it, I would sing you a love song."

"How can you possibly remember that?" she asked, her smile reaching her eyes for the first time.

"I remember everything you say, my dearest."

Hermione laughed and hugged her best friend-the person who was her entire world now. "Oh, Harry, you don't have to!"

"Of course I do! I have never broken a promise I've made you."

"It is sweet enough that you remembered something like that."

"Please?" he asked and Hermione couldn't resist.

"Oh, all right," she said, a faint blush starting to creep to her cheeks, erasing the traces of her sadness.

"But you can't laugh!" he warned.

"Of course I won't!" she assured and sat right, to be able to hear him and see him better.

"All right, here goes nothing…" Harry said and started establishing beats, that sounded strangely like a Spanish Flamenco.

As beat the beats, Hermione remembered when, at the beginning of the year, they'd had to go undercover as Spanish muggles and how Harry had taken her, Ron and Luna to a Flamenco lesson, where they had caught the Death Eater that had led them to the last of Voldemort's Hocruxes.

At last, he began singing, shyly at first and then gaining confidence as he continued As she watched him blush, Hermione found her eyes watering again, but of happiness this time.

"I'm trying to tell you

that I'm tired of waiting

Lost, like a saint with no paradise,

naked like a mannequin without fashion,

that's how I am left, without you

restless like a priest in a brothel,

alone like a poet in the airport

that's how I am left, without you

I'm tired of waiting,

I don't have anywhere to go

Yesterday, the storm almost broke my heart

But still, still I love you so"

Again, without realizing how or when, she found herself leaning towards the singing Harry. Merlin, how she loved him!

When he was finished with his song, he was smiling nervously and his cheeks were red with embarrassment; he had never done that for anyone, but then again, this wasn't anyone, this was his Hermione, the woman he loved so much and who had always been there for him and with him.

Suddenly, she realized how close they were and started to look away, but Harry raised his hand and placed it on her cheek, to prevent her from turning away. "I love you," he said without thinking and closed the few inches that separated both their eager lips and their passionate souls.

And for the first time, neither felt they'd lost anything during the war, for there was the world waiting for them, and for their love to just be without fears or doubts looming over it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A/N: For those of you who have read my fics, you know I am not a very fluffly writer, so to speak, so I hope this was fluffy enough, hehe.

-->