Unofficial Portkey Archive

Worth Loving by Caroline Delacour
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Worth Loving

Caroline Delacour

A/N: Sorry for the wait guys! This one is winding down as you can probably notice. But the tension is only just beginning. I will do whatever possible not to make this another "Helen of Troy." It is different and that is not my plan; however, you will find similarities. Do not hesitate to review! Love you all!

Chapter 17: The son of Hector

"Well, huh, I must say, it is a surprise to see you. Here, of all places! But of course, you would come

here, because Oliver is here, ha! What a coincidence!" Hermione could not stop chuckling awkwardly.

This day could not possible get any worse. Oops, wrong again. "But a welcomed one!" she added,

noticing the king's and queen's slightly annoyed faces. "Oh, oh no."

Hermione passed her hand through her face. As far as she was concerned, diplomacy had gone not so well, to say an understatement. Luckily, she had known Penelope and Odysseus for quite some time, so hopefully, they would not think much of it.

Her hand shook as it went down again and she became aware that she was trembling. Through her embarrassment, she had almost forgotten that she was still wet.

Harry went over to her and put his hunter green cloak over her shoulders.

She shivered slightly, although not from coldness when his body clashed hers, but from the closeness between them.

Hermione did not have time to savour the moment however, because as soon as his hands let go of the cloak, , Cassandra entered the throne room. Harry immediately put space between himself and the Spartan

princess as Hermione now put both her hands against her face. The queen was the last person that she wanted to see at this point.

"Odysseus, Penny! How good to see you!" Cassandra went over to hug Penelope.

"It is Penelope, Cassandra, dear." Penelope smiled politely, but Hermione could tell that the Ithacan

queen was not comfortable by the presence of the Trojan ruler.

"Yes, yes, of course! Well, I assume you are here to see Oliver. I will fetch my servant to call

upon him."

It was then that the queen noticed Harry's presence, as well as Hermione's.

"Harry dear! Good hunting trip I trust?" She shifted her eyes into Hermione's peculiar cloak. "I must

say, Hermione, that cloak is most familiar."

Hermione lowered her head uncomfortably.

Fortunately, someone else broke the silence as she opened the door.

It was Pookie, Oliver's nanny, followed by Oliver and Fleur.

"Master! Mistress! I found him!" Pookie exclaimed excitedly.

Odysseus looked at his son proudly, while Penelope beamed at him.

"Hello father." Oliver shook his father's hand while Penelope enveloped him in a tight, very motherly

hug.

"Mother please!"

"I apologize Oliver honey, but we miss you so much in Ithaca!" Penelope admitted.

"Enjoying your stay I hope?" Odysseus asked.

"I would say so! He has got himself a lovely maiden!" Pookie stated.

Odysseus frowned and so did Hermione, while Fleur's face went as red as it could get.

"I beg your pardon?" Odysseus had to ask.

"I found him sharing a kiss with this charming damsel. I would say she looks so very much like Helen-"

Hermione coughed, shifting a look at her sister, who was smiling, although her head was still lowered,

Odysseus looked at his son in amusement, while Penelope brought her hands to her mouth, Oliver just

passed his hand through his hair in an awkward manner.

"Really? Well Oliver, why not introduce us to your mysterious lady then?" Odysseus suggested.

"Well father, this…is Fleur." Oliver took Fleur's hand and brought her forward. "Fleur, these are

my parents, Odysseus and Penelope of Ithaca."

Odysseus took Fleur's hand and kissed it.

"Pleasure milady." He took a look at her face. "My God. She looks exactly like Helen…if she-"

"I am her daughter," Fleur answered.

"Are you? Well, Hermione, you never told us of any siblings."

"She was not born when you parted to your country," Hermione replied, giving her sister a fierce look.

This was what she was afraid of. She could only hope that Fleur loved Oliver as much as Oliver loved her and this was not just one of her ploys to command attention.

"Oh, I care not of what parentage she is as long as she keeps my little Ollie happy!" Penelope

embraced Fleur this time, but unlike Oliver, Fleur welcomed the hug, returning it fully. Her mother had never hugged her, since she had died when she was still little. "Welcome to the family Fleur."

Fleur's eyes widened in an instant, so did Hermione's.

"I beg your pardon?" Fleur was thunderstruck. What did this mean? The queen was not actually implying...?

But before Penelope could repeat it for her, they were called forth to attend dinner.

****

Dinner was filled with laughter. It was like no other, much to their enjoyment, and Hermione was

pleasantly dry now, having changed into a live violet coloured gown. She took the chair by Harry's

side while Penelope and Odysseus sat across them, by Cassandra's side. Oliver was by his mother's side, Fleur beside him. Ginny, after Hermione's incident the night before, had declined to attend.

After dinner, Oliver went for a talk with his father while the other guests settled into their rooms. Hermione

decided to talk with Fleur tomorrow, as it was not polite to bring matters to one's attention on

a night that was greeted by guests' arrival, so she went directly to her room.

****

Hermione sat down on a satin decorated chair so she could go back to reading her mother's journal.

Suddenly however, Harry appeared on her thoughts, possessing her mind. She could not read anymore. Her memory was filled by the sweet feeling of his caresses and suddenly, she longed to feel him again. She did not

care right now about Sparta nor anything else, just him.

And just in time, he entered her room. He got behind her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hello," he answered in a gentle voice, lifting her from her seat and bringing her to meet his lips.

"How was the hunting trip?" She looked at him as her hands took a road trip over his chest.

"Good. But I never got to give you a proper evening greeting, although I was most tempted to do so

when you walked soaked into the throne room." Harry grinned.

Hermione hit him playfully.

"Harry! " She appeared undignified.

"What? Are you saying that you would have objected?"

"Well, it is not too late, is it?" Hermione whispered seductively.

Harry pulled her tightly against him, claiming her lips intensely. Hermione moaned as her body awoke to the feel of his touch.

Harry moved to the skin of her neck, leaving a trail of hot kisses over it as he removed Hermione's gown from her body.

Hermione let her hands slide under his tunic and suddenly, she was in bed and Harry's clothes , as well as here own, were discarded all over her room. Her lips travelled over his chest as another night consumed by passion awaited them.

****

"Hello." Oliver entered Fleur's room as she was brushing her hair.

"Hi." She smiled.

"I hope my parents did not embarrass you." His face grew red.

"They did not. They are nice." Fleur approached him, kissing his lips softly.

"Fleur, can I have a brief word with you?" he pleaded.

"Sure. What is it" She let her hands travel under his tunic and she felt his muscles contract

at her touch.

"I just have to tell you. My feelings for you have gotten deep inside my heart and I cannot control

them anymore…I just…"

"Oliver, what are you saying?" She caressed his cheek as he took a strand of her soft blonde hair, but

her hand immediately came to a halt when she heard his next statement.

"I want you to come to Ithaca with me."

****

Hermione sighed as she collapsed against Harry's chest. The prince of Troy kissed her forehead softly,

wrapping his arms around her.

"What is so amusing?" he asked as he heard her soft laughter,

"Well, I was just thinking about your mother's face when she finds out about us."

"Who?"

"Your mother, Cassandra. I am sure that she will not be happy that you chose me over Ginny, even if I..."

"Hermione, Cassandra is not my mother," Harry said, and immediately felt Hermione tense up.

"What?"

"My mother died giving birth to me."

"But…you are Troy's heir." She glanced up at him.

"I am, but not by Cassandra," he answered.

"What…Who are you then?" Hermione's face was clouded with confusion, possibly frightened.

Harry brought a hand to her cheek, caressing it softly. As expected, Hermione sunk into his caress.

"I am Harry, son of Hector of Troy."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Hector of Troy? Cassandra's and Paris's brother?" Hermione rolled over to her side. "Is something

wrong?"

Hermione shook her head. Truth being she could not find her voice; so she had no other option whatsoever if she wanted to get the message across. There was one tiny detail: the room was covered in darkness, so her head was not visible. Suffice to say, Harry did not get the message.

"Hermione, I am still the same. I am just from a different parent; that is all."

The Spartan princess turned around, catching his lips swiftly.

"Good night Harry."

That seemed to steady him, for he held her tightly against him, falling sleep seconds after.

Good for him….

There had never been a worse night in Hermione's life. Actually, worse night did not quite cover it. It was an understating bad wakeful night

Harry, son of Hector of Troy; whom Achilles had killed, no, not killed; slaughtered. This

Would not have come to Hermione's attention so quickly and stressfully if, sure, she would have felt

sorry for the poor lad, but the problem was Achilles's progeny and the fact that she was supposed to be

engaged to…it. Yes, `it', for Hermione was not even sure if he was a human being. No, scratch that.

She was sure he was not.

Wait! Hold up!

Engaged?

Then what the hell was she doing in the prince of Troy's bed!

It was then that her mind came up with a starling realization….

"I love him."

-->