Unofficial Portkey Archive

It's not losing a daughter, it's gaining a son! by alayneni
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It's not losing a daughter, it's gaining a son!

alayneni

An: I do not own Harry Potter

Epilogue

2 years in the future

The west garden of Gryffindor Manor was beautifully decorated. Red and Gold streamers lined all of the trees, gold chairs were arranged with a red carpet running up the middle up to a beautiful white trestle that was covered in red roses. Under the trestle a podium was set up.

Hermione paced behind the empty chairs furiously. The house elves watched her in worry. It was her wedding day and Harry was late! She was the bride for God's sake. It was her right to be late not his. If it weren't for the hastily scrawled note that had arrived with Hedwig, she might have believed that he was leaving her at the altar. She could only imagine the mess Harry, Ron and Draco had gotten into this time. Those three were incorrigible. Just because Nagini somehow escaped the magical zoo did not mean they needed to go rushing off to recapture the snake. What were they thinking? It was her wedding day.

She had sent all of the guests inside to the ballroom to enjoy some refreshments while they waited for the boys. A very pregnant Ginny made sure she was seated by the ballroom entrance with Luna keeping her company so that they could see when their wayward husbands finally showed up with the groom. Both her father and Lilly were ready to strangle Harry. A part of her wondered if she might have to mourn Harry's death before she got a chance to marry him.

By now they should be walking back down the aisle as husband and wife. Why did it have to be her wedding? She had ensured that both Draco and Ron turned up on time for their weddings. For Ron, she had to sleep at the Burrow and feed him twice to make sure he didn't disappoint Luna.

Ron and Draco had been assigned with the simple task of getting Harry to the wedding, though in hindsight that was probably a very bad idea. They probably had some ridiculous bet going between them over who could recapture the snake first. Ron wasn't even an Auror!

She should have known this would happen. Harry had been late to the ceremony to instate Draco as the Head of Slytherin house. She had had a wonderful speech ready for him by the time he showed up but before she even got a word out of her mouth he kissed her. It was their first kiss too and the formal start of their courtship. They took things slowly unlike their friends who were married less than three months into their courtships. Hermione really wanted to get to know Harry properly before she became Mrs. Potter.

If he was this late for their wedding, maybe she didn't know him that well but she knew that wasn't true. She had accounted for every possible thing that could interfere with their wedding except that blasted snake. Suddenly, three brooms appeared on the horizon flying dangerously fast. She briefly wished that she could use the Accio spell to get him there faster.

She turned to her house elves, "Please summon the Minister and tell him I want the short version of a wedding, vows only."

The house elves scurried off. In the distance she could hear Ginny yelling to everyone that the idiots had finally arrived.

Harry landed first, jumping off the broom, an apology spilling from his lips.

"Save it Harry," She said grabbing his hand and marching him up the red carpet to the trestle.

They had arrived there before the Minister or any guest was seated.

"You're in a rush," Harry teased her with a charming smile.

She glared at him, "You had better have caught that bloody snake,"

Harry shifted uncomfortably.

"You didn't catch it?" she asked incredulously.

"No, we didn't get the snake, there was a break out of Slytherin prisoners and that's what kept us."

"Oh, well I'm glad you're safe and here," she said reaching up to cup his face with her right hand. He leaned into her touch.

"You're late," her father spat at him.

"It was unavoidable sir," Harry responded straightening his spine and standing to his full height. He did not have a close relationship with his soon to be father -in-law. On the best of days they were cordial, neither wanting to incur Hermione's wrath.

Mr. Granger held out his hand to his daughter, "Come, you're not depriving me of walking you down the aisle, even if it's to this idiot,"

Her face lit up and she went back to the beginning. She looked down the aisle to where Harry was. His mother was tearing into him. She hoped she left her a little bit of Harry for her to marry. Draco and Ron weren't fairing any better with their wives. Once all the guests were seated, the music started playing and Edward walked his daughter slowly down the aisle.

"I want you to know that I'm proud of you Hermione," he said to his daughter as he walked her down the aisle.

She looked up and gave him a watery smile.

"No crying now. Your mother would be angry with me if I made you cry on your wedding day. But you should know, despite what I may feel about Harry, your mother would have loved him and approved. She would also be begging you for grandchildren,"

They had reached the top of the aisle and Edward grudgingly handed his daughter's hand to Harry, "Remember what we talked about young man!" he said.

Harry nodded, holding Hermione's hand softly in his. He guided her the last few feet to the Minister.

"Remember, vows only," Hermione hissed softly to the Minister.

Beads of sweat broke out on the Minister's face. Harry chuckled softly. Not many people could handle Hermione's wrath. The Minister gave him a look that said are you sure you want to marry this witch. Absolutely Harry thought, he wouldn't have it any other way.

The Minister launched straight into their vows and Harry was quite pleased when in a few minutes, they were declared husband and wife and he was invited to kiss his bride. They were so caught up in the kiss they didn't hear the cheers and applause from their friends and family.

Across the ocean, the body of Peter Petigrew magicked away the snow that had built up in front of his little cottage in the mountains. No one but his contacts in Hufflepuff knew that he had switched bodies with Peter right before the Potters arrived. He had felt it necessary to take Peter's body as a security precaution. Centuries of life had taught him it was always best to have more than one plan.

He had already started plans to brew a new potion and find a new host. He would get his revenge. Today his contacts were breaking Nagini out. He had arranged for a breakout of the Slytherins as well to serve as a distraction so that his favourite pet could return to him. He enjoyed the fact that it was done on the day of the Potter wedding. He would let them live in peace for a few years and then he would return to retake everything that was rightfully his.

The End.

An: Thank you for reading. I know it's not how I usually end my stories but I thought it was an interesting ending.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->