Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dragon Tears: The Missing Years by JazzyGeorgie
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dragon Tears: The Missing Years

JazzyGeorgie

Chapter 7-"They Come in Three"

"Another round, if you please!" Draco held up his bottle then let it clank back down to the table.

"I think I'm done," Harry answered stifling a burp.

"So not fair," Hermione sighed watching her husband and Draco drink it up.

"This wasn't what we had in mind to celebrate being pregnant with triplets, Draco." Ginny ducked as he reached out to pat her cheek.

"This is our last outing, I'm sure," he hiccupped, "with school, holidays, birthdays all coming up." Draco traded in his empty bottle for the full one that appeared in front of him. Ginny rolled her eyes in mock exasperation, her mind moving to the slight fluttering she was now feeling in her curved belly. Officially, she was twelve weeks, but looked almost five months pregnant. Hermione was the same and they had begun feeling movement around the same time.

They chatted about the Christmas season coming up and what they were going to buy the children. Sneaking a look at her watch, Ginny noticed it was close to 10pm.

"Draco, we need to get going. Lavender and George are probably ready to go home now."

"Right," Draco made a move to stand up, stumbled and collapsed into Harry's lap.

"Guess we get to help them home," Hermione stood up and together she and Ginny pulled Draco off an almost comatose Harry. "Let's go boys. Back home we go!"

The girls threw money down to cover their dinner and bill and left the "Swinging Broomsticks" restaurant holding tightly to their husbands arms.

Ginny insisted to George and Lavender she could take care of her husband. After a quick hug, a few smart remarks about Draco's drinking habits, George left holding onto his almost one year old son and Lavender's hand.

Ginny struggled with Draco, then finally pulled out her wand, used a lightening charm and helped him up the stairs . He was babbling about something, saying how Fred and George looked a lot alike. Ginny didn't try to explain her brothers were twins. She let him ramble enjoying the relaxed Draco which hardly ever reared its head.

"You know," Draco interjected into his own conversation.

"What?" Ginny unpinned her hair and ran a brush through it, watching him struggle with his shoes.

"You have the most wonderful chest when you're pregnant."

For a moment, Ginny paused in her movements not quite sure what to say. True, with this pregnancy she had gotten bigger faster. Draco always seemed to enjoy all of her. Never had he singled out a body part and made a comment on it.

"Well, it won't last that long after the pregnancy. I'm not nursing triplets."

"I should enjoy it while I can," he smiled, his blue gray eyes bright with drink and mischief.

"Behave, Draco Malfoy," Ginny laughed changing into her nightshirt, aware of his eyes on her. "No more firewhiskey for you."

"It's not bad after the fourth one or so," Draco sighed, wrapping an arm around her waist as she slid under the covers next to him.

"I'll take your word for it." Ginny touched the back of Draco's hand as he rubbed her stomach in small circular motions. Her heart quickened as his hand slid over her nightshirt then cradled her breast in his hand. He mumbled something which Ginny thought was the word "nice" but her concentration wavered as he gently copied the same motion there that he had on her stomach.

"Draco-."

"Shh," he pressed a kiss to the back of her neck, causing shivers to race down her spine. Ginny didn't even realize she was pressing into his hand until her hips slid back against his. "Let me know if anything hurts or is uncomfortable."

The hand that wasn't leaving her speechless slid under her neck and wrapped around her shoulders pinning her against him. Apparently, he wasn't so drunk he couldn't be in the mood judging by what she felt against her rear. Heat raced to a burning flame inside her and a cry escaped her throat as anticipation swirled around her. His hand was doing wonderful movements against her sensitive breasts. Trying to turn so she could kiss him, his hand tightened against her shoulder, bringing her back to reality for a moment. She wasn't sure when his hand had left her breast, but now it was on her waist, working the boxers she wore to bed down off her thighs.

"Draco!" Ginny gasped, feeling his hand press into her thigh. She tried to angle herself closer to him, for him to finish what he had started.

"It's okay." His voice was rough against her ear and his tenderness enveloped her.

Pounding blood reverberated in her ears, letting through a few words she understood. "Read…about this…comfortable. Trust me." She wondered what he meant. Soon, she found out. His arms curved around her, forcing her to her stomach, which wasn't comfortable to lie on anymore.

"I can't lie like this," Ginny whispered. With pressure from his hands, she began to understand what position he was thinking of. She had read about it, especially in the pregnancy magazines. Being on her hands and knees in her bed wasn't something she had particularly thought of doing with Draco.

Before she could voice her concerns, his hands settled on her hips- fingers stroking her lightly making her breath and body tremor uncontrollably.

"Trust me, Gin," he breathed and before she could answer, he pushed into her creating a friction and movement she had never felt before. Like anything new, it took them a minute to figure out what to do and when, but soon Ginny grasping their pillows in a death grip, trying hard not to yell out. Draco didn't have the same thoughts about the lack of wards put up and with an uncharacteristic yell he pulled her hard back against him, fingers digging into her hips. She arched back against him, biting her lip so she wouldn't scream as she wanted.

A flush heated Ginny's face as their pace began to slow, as their breathing began to even out. Expertly, she thought, he pulled back and lowered her to her side, her stomach now covering his hip and kissed her softly. His fingers traced the contours of her face he kissed her, coaxing her tongue to meet his. She could taste fire whiskey on his breath but didn't mind. Her body throbbed, her stomach was tight in a rather pleasurable way; Ginny Malfoy just had the best sex of her life and only her husband mattered at that moment.

---

Too bad Draco didn't remember their moment. When Ginny awoke to a child tugging at her arm, she realized Draco was already up and in the shower.

"Mummy. I'm hungry."

"Okay Devon. Go ahead downstairs. I'll be there in a minute." Moving gingerly, due to pregnancy and unaccustomed soreness, she wrapped herself in a robe and shuffled downstairs. Marissa was already coloring in a book at the dining room table and Devon was attempting to use wandless magic to bring down a box of biscuits from the top pantry shelf.

"Have a seat young man," Ginny kissed the top of his blond head, did the same to Marissa and got them set up for breakfast. Draco came in buttoning his shirt and looking like he hadn't drank anything the night before.

"Morning," he smiled and kissed her on the mouth. A flush rose up into Ginny's cheeks as she remembered what they did and how they did it last night.

"You're blushing." Draco touched her cheek, cocking an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Last night," she whispered, leaning into his hug.


"Why are you blushing about last night?"

Ginny pushed back, hands resting on his chest as she searched his eyes. He looked calm but his eyebrows were pulled down slightly. His version of being confused.

"You…you don't remember?"

"I remember falling down into Potter's lap. Hermione saying something, then vaguely remember using the loo when we got home. That's about it. Why?"

"Ah…Merlin…umm…later, Draco," Ginny hurriedly whispered turning to get the kids some juice.

"Must've been something…interesting if you blush when I kiss you."

"What does `blush' mean?" Devon asked and Ginny stopped in midstep. Cutting Draco a look she shook her head. He just shrugged, bent in to kiss her again and quietly told her she was going to tell him. Soon.

How do you tell your husband that last night was the best sex of your young life, explain why and have him believe you? For the next hour as Draco went flying, and as she got the kids dressed and set up to work on their writing, she thought about what she was going to say.

She heard Draco apparate outside on the porch and knew he would be questioning her. Just the thought of talking to him about it made her blush even more.

"Damn, Ginny. I can see your blush all the way up your neck. Let's go into the den and you can tell me what is embarrassing you so much," Draco touched the small of her back, but turned towards their children sitting on the floor.

"Devon, Marissa." Two pairs of eyes turned up from their puzzle and fixed on their father. "I need to talk to your mum in private. You remember the rules about that."

"Yes, daddy. Come get you if someone floos, owls or is bleeding."

"Or someone comes to the door," Devon added.

"Right," he patted them on their head and pointed out a puzzle piece that fit into the border they were working on.

"Okay, tell me." Draco demanded as soon as his office door was closed.

"Ummm…well," Ginny felt tiny kicks inside her and reflexively her hand when to her stomach.

"Ummm…well…what? Did I say something that is going to embarrass us?"

"No. Not at all. This is…," Ginny buried her face in her hands, thankful they were cool to help quench the warmth of her cheeks.

"Just tell me step by step," Draco coerced, his hand pulling hers down from her face.

Taking a deep breath she began rehashing their dinner, how she apparated him back to the house and Hermione took care of Harry. How she used a lightening charm to help him up the stairs. She told the story softly, until she got to the part about his hand moving up the front of her.

"I said that about…about your chest?" Draco looked at her in surprise and saw she was blushing again. She couldn't lie about what she was saying-about what they did.

"So…I actually…said I read about that? I mean, I know I have. You leave those magazines lying around and occasionally I'll flip through it," Draco stuttered, shocked he didn't remember last night.

"Yeah, and well…I have to say if there is any way I can make you remember let me know."

"I'm sure there is," he mused, eyes narrowing. "So…are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Ginny gave him a small smile still feeling bashful about having such an open conversation with him.

"How was it?"

She took a deep breath her eyes flicking down to his shoulder, as she gathered her wits about her,then back up to his face.

"The best ever."

He stared at her, eyes probing and she saw what he was trying to do.

"May I?" he whispered, taking her into his arms. Nodding slightly she locked eyes with him and guided him into her mind from the moment she laid down next to him in the bed.

It was strange, unnerving and…tingly…letting him into her private thoughts. She felt his heart quicken under her hand; felt his hands tighten around the small of her back.

"Merlin," he breathed, his face close to hers. Reliving their moment again and feeling his response caused her to press against him, pressing her lips against his as her eyes stayed locked with his.

"At least you didn't yell out his name," Ginny whispered against Draco's mouth, feeling him press into her.

"I can't believe I yelled." His voice was hoarse and muffled as he let his lips slide down her throat. "But, yet I can."

"It was different." Ginny let her head tilt back and for the next twenty minutes let herself become completely absorbed with her husband, cringing only slightly as he took her against his desk. Definitely remembering this time.

-----

Months later…

"I have to say, I find it amusing that you had absolutely no morning sickness what so ever with three babies in there."

"I think I deserve that, don't you?" Ginny asked groaning happily as Draco rubbed her right foot delicately between his hands.

"Of course. I was just making an observation."

"I know. I wonder, though, since I haven't felt sick, what the delivery will be like."

"As long as you don't get struck by lightning after you deliver." Hermione piped up from the couch next to them. She was balancing a magazine on her large stomach waiting for Harry to return home from a late night meeting. Her hand was absently making circles around the magazine and Ginny noticed over the past hour, Hermione hadn't moved much, nor said much of anything.

Carefully, Draco set down Ginny's leg heeding a call from Devon upstairs.

Bedtime had happened and trying to get Devon and Brian to sleep wasn't proving as easy as they thought.

"Hermione, are you okay?" Ginny struggled to sit up watching Hermione's dark eyes flutter shut.

"I think I'm in labor."

"Want me to check?" Ginny pushed herself off the couch, caught her balance and found her wand on the end table. Before she could even wave it in her friend's general direction, Hermione jerked and managed to push the magazine to the floor.

"Dammit, I think my water just broke."

"I'm owling Harry."

"You can't. He'll be home soon."

"I can, and I will. He'll kill you if he knew you waited much longer to go to the hospital." Ginny shuffled over to Draco's den and scribbled a note for their owl to carry to Hogwarts.

By the time she had shut the window against the damp early spring air, Draco was at her side questioning whether to take Hermione to St. Mungo's or if they should wait for Harry.

Ignoring Hermione's protests, Ginny sent Draco to the Potters to collect Hermione's overnight bag. Ginny performed a quick exam on Hermione and was told through a series of complicated movements, she was already halfway to the pushing stage. Thoughts ran through Ginny's head on how long Hermione had felt her contractions until she had caught on. `Not a very observant friend', Ginny scolded herself.

A pop announced Harry's arrival. He looked flustered; it was almost four years since he had gone through this and Ginny could see the concern replacing confusion as he assessed the situation.

"Let me know ASAP," Ginny demanded patting Hermione's shoulder.

"We will. Thanks," Harry murmured, wrapping an arm around his wife's middle and a second later they were gone.

"Well." Draco stared at the spot Harry and Hermione just disappeared from.

"I'm sure we'll be next." Ginny felt someone move inside her, then settle down. Her feet were already killing her so carefully she lowered herself into their new chair. One big enough to fit her, Devon and Marissa so she could read to them in comfort.

"Are we taking bets on what she'll have?" Draco asked trying to keep his wife's thoughts off their impending difficult birth.

"I keep saying two girls and a boy."

"I saw three girls."

"Poor Harry." Ginny smiled slightly, and moved over a bit so Draco could sit next to her.

"I'm glad we know what sex our babies are. I can't imagine coming up with six different names. Rather, 12 if you add in middle names."

"Agreed. But, Hermione wanted Harry to have some say in the pregnancy. He didn't want to know. I know it's been killing her, but in the end all that matters is that they are healthy."

"Six weeks early is okay for triplets?"

"Should be." Ginny murmured, resting her head against Draco's shoulder. She didn't remember falling asleep until she felt a kiss against her temple.

"Wake up, Gin."

"What?" Ginny shifted and blinked against the dim light. The clock said 1am and she saw Draco flutter a piece of paper into her lap. Pushing herself up into a sitting position she read Harry's familiar handwriting.

"We welcome, today March 29, Laura Jane: 10:15pm, 3 lbs 10 oz, Taryn Lily: 10:20pm 3 lbs 14 oz, and Kirstin Hannah 11:01pm 3 lbs 13 oz. All are well. Birth didn't have any complications. Will call on you later tomorrow morning. ~Harry, Hermione and big brother Brian."

----

"They are small." Marissa noted peering over the window at Brian's baby sisters.

"They are. Your new brothers and sister will be like that too."

"Can I hold them?"

"Not them. But, when mum has our babies you and Devon can hold them." Draco shifted Marissa to one hip as he balanced Devon on the other.

"When can we see mommy?"

"In just a few minutes. They have to measure her stomach and give her and the babies a check up."

As if on a cue, a healer motioned to Draco from behind the desk and led the three Malfoys into Ginny's exam room. He saw her face move from happiness, to uneasiness to a smile to calm her children.

"It's okay Draco, don't look so concerned. The healer said the babies are getting to the point where we may want to think about inducing me. The girl is getting big and taking up a lot of space and one of the boys' fluid is low."

"Ah." Draco set down Marissa and Devon who were distracted by the healer offering them a treat.

"I'll take them out to get a drink while you talk."

"Thanks," Ginny smiled, then turned her eyes to her husband.

"Everyone is okay?"

"For now."

"For how long?" Draco asked sharply, stress beginning to settle upon him. It was April first and even though the end of the school year was months away, he was dealing with a hard schedule, difficult Quidditch team, a three and two year old. Ginny squeezed his hand.

"We need to deliver soon. I can feel their movements slowing down. We're five weeks early. They're over three and a half pounds each."

"Okay. Just tell me what you need me to do." Draco left the decision to his wife, knowing she knew more than he did when it came to babies.

Ginny felt a sense of calmness wash over her as she saw Draco mentally preparing for what was to come. She gave him instructions on who was to watch Devon and Marissa. She told him where her overnight bag was. With a soft kiss he left to do as she asked, knowing that in a few hours their life was going change and their family double in size.

A Cesarean Section was needed, according to the healers. Their daughter was lying sideways and nothing would turn her head down.

Hours later, Ginny felt the familiar tugging and pulling as the healers began moving the baby around to pull her out into the world.

"Here we go…beautiful baby girl!" An intern held the baby over the drapes set up around Ginny and she could only smile as her second daughter wailed away. She was tiny and had a head of dark hair. A minute later baby boy #1 was presented followed by baby boy #2. It took Ginny some urging to get Draco to leave her in the hands of skilled Healers and for him to follow the babies.

"Don't forget to let Hermione and everyone know!" she called out blowing him a kiss as well as she could.

He nodded still in a daze and followed three small rolling carts into the premature wing. The one his mother had set up years ago.

For once, everything went normally. Ginny recovered for an hour and then was wheeled to the nursery so she could touch her triplets. They all slept, tiny bottles and tubes set up around them. Their magical properties already evident according to one healer.

"Baby boy 2 was wailing when we were weighing him and somehow made a stack of thermometers fall over. You have some powerful children, Mrs. Malfoy." Ginny could only nod as the tears flowed down her cheeks.

Her daughter had dark hair which she was certain would change to blond. Her heaviest son was bald, just like Devon and her other son had the blond fuzz that Marissa had. They were skinny, small, but breathing well on their own. Only able to squeeze Draco's hand she communicated that she was happy, and relieved.

"Did you send out a note?"

"We kind of need to have names don't you think?"

"I like the ones we originally picked out."

"Fine by me." Draco paused, his hand resting on Ginny's shoulder. "They're so small."

"Only for a bit. They'll grow and soon be three years old and giving us hell."

"Well, I wouldn't trade it for anything."

"Me either." Ginny smiled up at him and he smiled back, bent and kissed her.

"Thank you. For beautiful children, for helping me become the man I wanted."

Ginny could only nod, touched by his sincerity.

Later that night, as everyone but Draco slept he scratched out a note, made copies and sent it to all the family members and friends on the list Ginny created days earlier.

"Everyone: The Malfoy's welcome Erin Chrystine: 4 lbs 4 ozs at 4:22pm, Derek Thomas: 3 lbs 10 ozs at 4:23 pm and Dixon Xavier 3 lbs 4 ozs at 4:25pm today, April 1st. All are well and were born via Cesarean Section. Ginny will begin accepting visitors tomorrow afternoon. ~ Draco, Ginny, Marissa & Devon."

---

A/N: I finally updated! I have one more chapter in mind, then I believe this story may be over. I hope everyone enjoyed it; I had fun getting back into it. As for "Accio Life"? I think I will have to reread the whole thing so I can make sure the last few chapters have the correct information in them. That will take some time! Thanks so much for your support, comments and for reading! ~ JG

-->