Unofficial Portkey Archive

Corrupted by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Corrupted

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. I'd never pair Hermione and Ron together, you know that.

A/N: My reply to the "You've corrupted your purpose" challenge by Detritus, you can find it here:

http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26319 . Hope you'll enjoy it and as usual if you read, review and let me know what you think of it. It is an HP/PoTC crossover.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Corrupted

Chapter Four: A Hellish Deal

Hermione groggily woke up, as the Stunner waned. She took a look around, and groaned. The few last hours came back to her.

"Perfect, now who knows what Malfoy is going to use Harry for" she mumbled, as she grabbed her wand and Apparated back home.

--

Harry was angry, but there was nothing he could do. He was now facing Malfoy, who played with his heart in his hands, a dagger ready to pierce it and kill Harry if he rebelled.

"Now, Potter. You want the heart back, and I'll give it to you. But, everything comes with a price. You'll have to do us some "favours", let's say, before I can do that"

"Favours?" Harry growled. "I do favours for no one if not myself" he spat, proudly.

"Then, I guess I'll have to kill you" Malfoy said, taking the dagger and pointing it at Harry's beating heart.

He stopped as the tip was grazing the flesh of the organ.

"Is your reply definitive?" the blonde asked again, and he could see the raw rage in Harry's green orbs, as his nemesis, or what remained of him, realized he had to die or do Malfoy's bidding.

"What favours do you ask of me?" Harry barked. Malfoy sneered.

"I knew we would have come to an agreement" he said, smugly. "See, Potter, the purebloods are dying. The new government is doing nothing to prevent it, on the other hands new laws are bringing us more and more on the brink of extinction" he explained, his face contorting in a scowl.

"We need your help to eliminate those who try to rule so that we will be damned to disappear, or taint our blood with Muggles or Mudbloods" he spat, knowing Harry's hate for the word. The raven haired monster growled in a way that would have frightened anyone. Malfoy knew how to hide his fear, though.

He was playing with fire, and he knew it. He had to always be one step ahead or Potter would bite him back in his arse, and it wouldn't be pleasant. They were weak as they were, without a monster set to kill them all for blackmailing him.

"I'll give you a name at a time. You go, kill him or her, and report back to us your actions. When the list will be finished, you'll have your heart back" he said.

Harry knew he had no choice than to accept if he wanted to stay alive long enough for him to take his revenge on the blonde.

So, he grabbed the parchment with the first name, and vanished from sight.

Only then did Malfoy let himself indulge in a couple glasses of Firewhiskey, to calm his nerves.

--

As he planned his course of action, Harry looked again at the name. "Rufus Scrimgeour" he coldly laughed.

"No hard feelings at all for killing this one" he mused. The man had been moved down to the Department for Families after Shacklebolt had been appointed Minister ad interim, so he was now making laws on the marriages of wizard kind and such. From the bit of news Harry had been able to get in all those years, purebloods didn't like the fact that at least one marriage with a Muggle or Muggle-born was required to all families in three generations time.

He could see why the likes of Malfoy wouldn't approve of it, but the composition of the Wizengamot had been strongly modified after the war and now families like the Weasleys were the majority there, so this kind of laws could count on an ample base of votes to get passed.

In a week, he had information gathered, and a plan devised to kill the man. The wards were no obstacle to him. He was barely a wizard by now, being that he was barely human, so most of them didn't even affect him and those that did he could easily disable.

Rufus never stood a chance once he stared into those cruel, cold green eyes.

"Fancy seeing you again" Harry hissed, before slashing him through his chest with a well placed Sectumsempra.

When the body was found, the next day, the Prophet talked of "an unknown murderer targeting Ministry employees".

And the title changed to "Serial killer up to wipe out the Ministry" when with the same modalities Amelia Bones, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, was murdered.

"I see you take pride in a bloody job, Potter" Malfoy sneered when the once raven haired boy showed up after his second killing. "Here is your next target. I'm sure you know her well" he said, and Harry was gone in a flash.

--

Alone in his cave, he opened the parchment, and a guttural growl left his throat as he read the name of his next victim.

"Malfoy better hide himself well when I'm finished with this sick game of his" he said, before starting to brainstorm on how he would surprise his next prey. He knew it wouldn't be easy, not with her.

She was, after all, the Head of the Magical Law Enforcement Department, thus Head of the Aurors too, albeit indirectly.

She was Hermione Granger.

-->