Unofficial Portkey Archive

Corrupted by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Corrupted

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. I'd never pair Hermione and Ron together, you know that.

A/N: My reply to the "You've corrupted your purpose" challenge by Detritus, you can find it here:

http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26319 . Hope you'll enjoy it and as usual if you read, review and let me know what you think of it. It is an HP/PoTC crossover.

Special thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Corrupted

Chapter Six: Reunion

Harry growled.

"I'm not here for negotiations" he said, advancing toward her, his wand in his hand.

He raised it, ready to cast the deadly curse, Sectumsempra, and leave her bleeding to death, but the sight of the chest containing his heart stopped him.

"What…" he said, stunned.

"We stole it from Malfoy. He has no power over you now, Harry. You don't have to do his bidding anymore" she said softly, looking at him with a plea in her eyes. Now the ball was in his court, he had to make the definitive choice.

"I'm ready to give you what should have been yours many years ago" she said then, and even after so much time, he could see in her brown orbs that she was sincere. "My heart belongs to you, Harry" she said, placing her other hand on her chest, right over her heart.

"It has since our fifth year" she also said, walking closer to him. "What about yours?"

Harry was divided between his deepest desire, which was to hold Hermione, kiss her, and finally have an happy life with her, supplied by that part of him which still wasn't rotten, and the desire for revenge against Malfoy and his pureblooded cronies.

He stood there, his face clenched in an expression of rage, his green eyes aflame with hatred for his blonde nemesis.

He knew what emotion was going to win in the end, but he didn't want it to prevail. With an extreme effort, he raised his head toward Hermione.

"Will you really stay with me?" he asked, almost pleading, and it was strange to see such a creature, terrifying at mere sight, plead.

She smiled warmly at him, nodding, as she walked up to him. "I will, forever" she whispered, and he nodded, almost painfully.

With a wave of his hand, the chest flung open, and Hermione was once more amazed at the sight of his still thumping heart, something that by any logic shouldn't have been possible, as forty years had passed since he had carved it out of himself.

"Put it back" he hissed through clenched teeth. "Do it now, Hermione!" he begged her, and she could see in his eyes the internal battle he was near to losing. His resentful, hatred-filled side was going to get the upper hand soon.

With determination, she grabbed the heart, and pushed it back into his chest, reopening an old healed wound. Bright light surrounded the area where his heart now was, once more in its right place, and both looked transfixed as the light healed the severed arteries and veins, and blood started flowing again through the organ.

Harry inhaled sharply, as his disfigured face painfully morphed back to how it should have been, the face of a 57 year old Harry Potter.

Seeing the light fade, Hermione couldn't wait any longer and flung herself at him, knocking him back on the floor

"Oof!" he said, instinctively wrapping his arms around her. He could feel her tears staining his shirt, and he ran his hand through her curly, brown ringlets.

"I love you" he murmured, and she looked up at him, her eyes still shiny from the tears, but definitely happy.

"I love you too" she confessed, before claiming his lips in a sweet, long kiss, a kiss both of them had waited too long for.

"My heart has always been yours, you know. I knew for sure since the night in the Department of Mysteries, but I suspect I fell in love with you long before , still locked in a tight embrace, lying on the floor of her apartment.

She chuckled, shaking her head. "We've been two fools" she said, and he chuckled too.

"We definitely have been. Me, more than anyone else" he said pulling her closer.

That night, for the first time, they spent the night together, showing the other just how much they loved each other. Harry had never been so happy before, and he was glad she had never given up on him. He couldn't say the same for himself, and he had almost ruined everything that fateful day when he carved his own heart out of his chest.

Finally, his eyes closed, sleep engulfing him, a beautiful brown haired witch in is arms, already asleep and smiling contentedly.

--

When he woke up the next morning, it took some minutes for him to regain his bearings. Finally, remembering the previous night, he looked down to see Hermione's head resting on his chest, her arm sprawled over his stomach, and his own arm wrapped protectively around her.

Her chestnut hair was tickling his neck, and he smiled at the sight. He kept staring at her till she finally started waking up. As their eyes met, he grinned at her.

"Good morning, sexy"

"Good morning, handsome" she cheekily replied. "Sleep well?"

"Never slept better" he admitted. "I still can't believe this is true" he said then, amazed. She giggled, and kissed the tip of his nose.

"You better start believing it because you won't get rid of me easily" she whispered then, before claiming his lips in a hungry kiss.

Their tongues fought fiercely in each other's mouths, exploring, caressing, dancing together. She moaned lightly when he nibbled gently on her lower lip, and he felt a surge of pride knowing it was him she was responding this way to.

"I love you" he whispered when they finally parted.

"I love you too, Harry" she replied. "Welcome back home"

-->