Unofficial Portkey Archive

Corrupted by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Corrupted

Harry85

Disclaimer: Nope, not mine. I'd never pair Hermione and Ron together, you know that.

A/N: My reply to the "You've corrupted your purpose" challenge by Detritus, you can find it here:

http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26319 . Hope you'll enjoy it and as usual if you read, review and let me know what you think of it. It is an HP/PoTC crossover.

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Corrupted

Chapter Seven: Epilogue

One year later, Harry Potter was happily married to Hermione Granger. The two murdered Ministry officials had been replaced with other ones who were just as pro-Muggleborn as their predecessors, and this let the process of modernization of the Wizarding World continue.

Slowly, but unstoppably, the pureblooded families vanished. The Parkinsons, the Havelhorns, the Rockwoods, the Crabbes, and finally the Malfoys, along with the other still living, extinguished.

A couple decided that surviving was more important than being pureblood, and so kept their families alive marrying into the Muggle world or with Muggleborns or Half-Bloods.

In the end, the revenge Harry had wanted against Malfoy was carried out all the same, but without tainting any more the name of the Savior of the Wizarding World. The murders he had committed had been archived since it had been proved he was in a life or death situation, with no other alternatives, and he wasn't completely himself at the moment too.

Since the day Hermione brought him back to be fully human, all that remained of the monster terrorizing young lovers was a legend, and some rumours.

The happy couple was now expecting a child, and Harry was over the moon at the prospect of becoming a father. Yet, he was also worried about the kind of example he would be able to set for his child.

"You'll be a wonderful dad for this little one" Hermione said lovingly, as he caressed her by now swollen abdomen.

"Not as wonderful as you will be as a mother" he replied, planting a chaste kiss on her lips, and she giggled.

He had decided to not work, he didn't need to with his fortune, but he was an external counsellor for the Auror corps whenever they needed him.

Overall, he was happy. He had lost forty years of possible life with Hermione, and that was something he would never forget, but he was glad he had her now, at long last.

As he snuggled with her on the couch in their house, watching some telly after dinner, and handing her some peanut butter and strawberry jam toasts which he would never want to try, but his wife seemed to have come to love lately, he felt really lucky, even considering everything he had been through in his youth.

He had a wife, a still very beautiful one in fact, he had the means to sustain his family without any kind of worry, spoiling Hermione with whatever she might like or he might want to surprise her with, be it a vacation in Rome, or a diamond ring, or anything one of them might fancy. Also his nemesis were both gone from the face of the earth now.

Yes, now that his ultimate desire of having a family with his brown haired, smart best friend was becoming a reality, he knew he could not desire anything else in the world.

Definitely, all was well now, even with a forty year delay on what he had longed for.

-->