Unofficial Portkey Archive

What A Night by MissieMalfoy19
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What A Night

MissieMalfoy19

I am so sorry it has been so long between updates but I seriously was suffering a lack of inspiration. Sorry if this chapter is not up to scratch, I just wanted to get through my writers block.

Thanks to all who reviewed, I love to hear your ideas and your points of view, please keep reviewing!!

Chapter 4

She sat staring at the blank email sitting in front of her on her computer screen. She had no idea what to say to him, but she knew she wanted to see him again. When she had realised what he had written on the parchment he slipped her, her insides had glowed. He had liked her, actually liked her and she had liked him too. They had so much in common, from quidditch to movies and music too. She had genuinely felt a connection with Dragon, but now, two days later she had no idea what to say to him.

She sighed deeply and closed the email down, maybe a solution would come to her by the morning. She headed to the kitchen to make herself a hot chocolate and glanced out of the window at the rain hammering down. It was a truly foul day, so foul that Ginny had flooed Luna to tell her she wasn't coming into work because she didn't feel too good. She was surprised that Luna had not seen through her blatant lie, but for a day off, she wasn't complaining. Staring out of the window her mind began to play through the night of the ball again when a sudden ringing told her that someone was at her front door.

Wondering who could be dropping in this late, she threw open the front door to reveal the dripping figure on her doorstep. She suddenly found herself being knocked backwards by a small hurricane that threw its arms around her neck and burst into tears. Finally recognising the crying mass as her best friend Hermione, Ginny managed to slam the front door and get them both to the couch before extricating herself from her friends tight embrace. Giving her a cushion to hug to death instead, Ginny waved her wand and a teapot, two mugs, sugar and milk appeared on her coffee table. With the tea ready and waiting Ginny wrapped her arms around her shaking friend and began the desperately long task of figuring out what was wrong.

"Hermione, please tell me why you're so upset," Ginny said, "I'm sure its not that bad, we can fix it," Hermione raised her head, eyes red and nose running before shaking her head at Ginny

"We can't fix this Ginny, I don't know what I'm going to do and when I tell you, you'll hate me!" At this point she burst into renewed floods of sobs.

For half an hour Ginny just sat there, with her arms wrapped around Hermione's shaking form soothing her. She kept telling her that she could never hate her, but nothing seemed to be getting through. She was just about giving up when Hermione suddenly pulled away and blurted out, "I'm pregnant!" before running into the bathroom and locking the door behind her.

Ginny sat there for a few minutes, unable to move or speak. The pain came first, then reality crashed back into her, hard. This story was so different from her own, Hermione loved Harry with all her heart. For Ginny, it would never have worked. Old memories she'd suppressed for so long burst out of the cage she'd trapped them in and she began to loudly sob her eyes out.

She was so wrapped up in her own misery that she didn't notice the unlocking of the bathroom door until Hermione had wrapped her arms around her and was soothing her, like she had been doing a mere minutes earlier. "Gin, please, what's wrong? Please tell me you don't hate me," choked Hermione. Ginny raised her eyes to look into her best friends tear streaked face before shaking her head and saying quietly. "I don't hate you Hermione, I couldn't. This is about me, not you, I'm sorry."

The two stayed there for a while, calming each other down before sitting at either end of the couch facing each other with a steaming mug of tea each. Finally, Ginny asked with a small smile, "I suppose you want to know why I had a minor breakdown?" Hermione looked at her tentatively and nodded. "Its a long story," Ginny warned, "and you might not like it, but here goes. Two years ago, Harry and I were going through one of many rough patches. We were arguing constantly and I started to feel really truly unwell. Harry insisted on taking me to see a medi-witch, you know him, he wanted to make sure I was okay."

"Well Miss Weasley," smiled Healer Streatham, "I have some excellent news for you, both of you actually," she beamed at Harry and Ginny before stating, "You're pregnant!" Ginny looked at her in horror, "Are you sure?" the witch nodded before congratulating them both and exiting the room. Only once she had gone did Ginny dare look at Harry. He stood motionless by the side of the bed she sat on. She gently reached out to touch his arm. Feeling her touch, he turned to face her, a huge grin spreading across his visage. She smiled back at him, before throwing her arms around his neck and capturing his lips in a deep kiss.

Ginny hesistated, "Things got better for a while, the baby seemed to bring us back together. Fewer arguments, until I was about four months gone."

Harry hammered on the bathroom door, "Gin, Ginny speak to me, please!" He heard a dry sob and decided he had to get to her, now. "Ginny if you don't unlock this door in the next three seconds I'm coming in there." He paused, nothing happened. "Okay Gin, I'm coming in." He blasted the door open with a well placed reducto curse before taking in the scene before him. Ginny sat in the middle of the bathroom floor dressed in her thin nightdress, hugging herself and sobbing. In front of her was a small towel, covered in what looked suspiciously like blood. Harry stood and stared at the quivering mass that was his girlfriend before murmuring, "Gin, Ginny look at me, please". She looked up at him, tears streaking down her face, and whispered, "Gone, just gone."

Ginny stopped. "Things were never the same after that, it was the final nail in the coffin. I think Harry unintentionally sort of blamed me for losing our baby. The guilt hit him, and me, badly. Our relationship couldn't take it." She risked a glance at Hermione and saw only pity on her face. "I'm guessing Harry didn't take your news too well, is that why you were so upset?" Hermione nodded.

"He looked sort of mad, then he just disapparated out. I thought he hated me, I thought he was going to leave me." Ginny looked at Hermione's stricken, white face before shaking her head.

"He'd never do that to you, he loves you Herm, you can see that from the way he looks at you." Hermione nodded and flung her arms around Ginny's neck, "Thanks for this Gin, I'm glad I understand now." Ginny smiled at her,

"You should go home, I bet he's on the sofa waiting for you." Hermione got up to fetch her coat, before turning back to her friend. "Are you okay?" she said quietly.

"Yes, I think I am," Ginny replied. "Talking helped. Don't worry about me, go home, find Harry, talk to him." Hermione nodded and walked towards the front door, Ginny followed and grabbed her arm just before she walked out. "Congratulations babe," she said softly. Another bone crushing hug from Hermione and Ginny was alone once more.

Walking back to the kitchen she passed her laptop, blinking at her from the counter. She thought for a second before loading up the blank email and begininning to type furiously. Her talk with Hermione had helped her to think about Dragon and what to say to him. Fifteen minutes of fast typing later, she re-read what she had written and clicked send.

Climbing into bed she thought that now all she could do was wait and hope he'd reply.

-->