Unofficial Portkey Archive

What A Night by MissieMalfoy19
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

What A Night

MissieMalfoy19

Hey all and i hope you are all having a fab 2009 so far

Here is Chapter 6, I promise to try and update more frequently this year, now school is settling down with exams done I can get back to writing.

Thank you to all who have reviewed, but I would appreciate a few more, thanks especially to Moogle and NicholePotter86 for their input. I love to hear what you guys think about the story and your ideas for the future.

Thanks a lot, so on to chapter 6...

Chapter 6

Draco had been in a good mood all day, and it was starting to worry Narcissa. He had arrived at breakfast smiling and she thought she had actually heard him laugh while in the library that morning. It was time to get to the bottom of his suspiciously good mood. She began walking in the direction of his room when he suddenly appeared in front of her, kissed her cheek and announced that he was going out for a few hours.

"I'll be back by tonight Mother," he promised, although he refused to tell her where he was going.

As she watched his retreating back go out the front door she thought to herself that she would have to find out later what had put him in such a good mood.

"Maybe he'll tell me himself." she mused aloud, before walking back towards the library to take a few hours for some quiet reading.

OoOoOo

Ginny looked once more at the open message on her computer screen then glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Oh no!" she cried, realising that if she didn't get dressed and get out of her apartment in the next quarter of an hour she was going to be horribly late.

Ten minutes later she ran out of her bedroom, grabbed her purse and keys, before apparating out of the flat. The computer was still flashing, the open message still on the screen.

Dear Red,

How about tomorrow morning at 11.30 in Diagon Alley? Fortescue's?

Dragon

OoOoOo

Draco tapped his foot impatiently, his nerves were really starting to show. What if Ginny came and ran a mile when she saw him, it was a distinct possibility. He thought he had done a good job of concealing his identity from her thus far, but he could have missed something. What if she didn't come at all? He didn't think he could bear that.

He was sitting at a small table inside Florean Fortescue's Cafe in Diagon Alley. He had especially chosen his table because it was at the front of the establishment and if Ginny saw him and ran, he could try and catch up with her.

He was too busy daydreaming to notice his favourite redhead walking up Diagon Alley towards the ice cream parlour. He was brought back to earth suddenly by the ringing of the little bell above the front door as it was opened rather cautiously by Ginny. He drew in a sharp breath, it was now or never.

Ginny's eyes swept around the room, it was almost empty apart from a few couples at the counter and a family in the back corner. She was just about to turn around and leave thinking she must have missed him when she saw another man sitting in the front corner that she hadn't noticed before. She couldn't see his face (as he wasn't sitting facing her) but her heart started to quicken as she walked towards him. She reached the back of his chair and timidly reached out a hand to touch his shoulder.

"Dragon?" she almost whispered the word. His head began to turn slowly until she could see who he was, and realise that she'd made a big mistake.

"Malfoy," he thought she sounded embarassed, she obviously throught she had the wrong guy. "I thought you were someone else,". She turned to leave so he hurriedly grabbed her arm and said

"Ginny, I know who you're looking for." She turned back to him, surprise etched all over her features. Her eyes narrowed at him. "Oh do you?".

"Yes, and you've found him."

Ginny's jaw dropped, it couldn't be true. The man she had steadily been falling in love with for the past few months couldn't be Draco Malfoy, she had to be having a nightmare.

"Y...You're Dragon?" she finally spluttered. He nodded slowly and opened his mouth to say something but she got there first.

"What the hell do you think you're playing at?" she demanded. "Do you get a kick out of decieving innocent people or something, I should have realised Dragon was too good to be true."

With that she burst into tears, jerked her arm firmly away from Draco's grasp and ran from the shop. Draco groaned before slamming some money to pay for his drink on the table and sprinting after her. "Ginny wait!" he shouted, "please listen to me, let me explain". All he heard in response was the distinctive pop showing that she had reached the border of the shop's wards and apparated away.

"Damn it!" he cursed loudly causing a few old women across the street to tut at him. Anger flowing through his veins he reached the boundary of Fortescue's wards and apparated back to Malfoy Manor.

OoOoO

"Harry," Hermione pleaded, "Please would you get me a pack of oreos?" Harry rolled his eyes st her. "Another one love?" he asked. Hermione just smiled sheepishly at him. "Okay, okay I'll just blame the little nudger in there then shall I?" patting Hermione's stomach fondly. She nodded and pulled him down for a quick kiss.

The kiss was getting somewhat heated, all thoughts of oreos forgotten when they heard the pop of someone apparating into their kitchen followed by a small sob. Harry raced in to see who was in trouble to find Ginny collapsed on his kitchen floor crying her eyes out.

"Gin, what's the matter babe?" he asked worriedly as he flung her arms around his neck sobbing into his shoulder.

"Harry, what's going on?" came Hermione's worried voice from the doorway. On seeing Ginny she dashed to her side and flung her arms around her best friend's waist. "Oh sweetie what on earth has happened?".

Ginny couldn't speak as she was crying too hard so Harry looked at Hermione and gestured towards the living room. Hermione nodded and Harry lifted Ginny in his arms like she weighed nothing at all and carried her to the couch where he wisely left his Hermione to talk to Ginny alone.

After an hour of sobbing from Ginny, two boxes of tissues, several bouts of hiccups and numerous cups of tea Hermione had managed to get the whole story from her friend.

"Oh Gin," she sighed, "I'm so sorry."

Ginny just nodded and reached for another tissue. "I just can't believe it was all a lie Mione, I can't believe none of it was real!" Hermione sighed and patted her hand. "I know you don't want to believe it Gin, but did you actually wait to find out?"

Ginny looked at her shocked. "What do you mean? It's Draco Malfoy for crying out loud, he just loves to mess with my mind!" Hermione shook her head. "I'll take that as no you didn't then shall I?"

Ginny lowered her head and refused to meet Hermione's gaze. "If I can offer you some advice," Hermione said gently, "I'd give him a chance to explain at least. People can change, Malfoy has had a really tough time over the last few years. Surely you remember that he informed on his own father to see him captured by the Order and sent to Azkaban. All I'm saying is give him a chance Gin."

Ginny finally met her gaze, "You're right Mione," she said sheepishly, "I was too hasty, too ready to believe he was taunting me like it was back in school. I'll do it, I'll give him a chance."

Hermione smiled at her, "I'm glad." With a quick hug and thanks from Ginny she apparated out of the house, much happier and calmer than when she arrived. Harry walked back into the living room cautiously. "Is it safe Mione?" he asked.

"Completely," Hermione assured him with a smile, "Now how about those oreos?"

-->