Unofficial Portkey Archive

Wish You Love by greymalkin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Wish You Love

greymalkin

Summary: So with my best, my very best…I set you free.
Rating: PG13
Spoilers: Up to Book 7; EWE
Disclaimer: Don't own the books. Don't own the characters. Heck, I don't even own the song! So please…don't sue.

A/N: Just a short cut scene and that's it! My first chaptered fic. Phew! Reviews are love ♥

~~*~~


Epilogue:

Much later…

Ron Weasley was grumbling under his breath as he apparated to Hermione's doorstep with a basket of freshly baked cookies. Luna had insisted he deliver them because the sparkling sugar charms on the snickerdoodles wouldn't last overnight. His protests that Hermione wouldn't really care if the cookies weren't that glittery earned him a grey-eyed (if slightly vacant) glare and a sharp poke to his side. Hermione's floo was blocked and remembering the last time Pig attempted to fly in a snowstorm, his girlfriend had decided that he would be the perfect delivery boy. If he didn't love the girl so much…

He was poised to knock on the door before he noticed the lack of light seeping under the door. Figuring that she was either asleep or out, he decided to apparate in and leave the cookies for her to find later.

He apparated into her kitchen and was about to leave the basket on the counter when he heard murmurs from the living room. Puzzled and as snoopy as ever, he walked towards the sound.

When he saw the two of them on the couch, he wasn't sure what to think.

He had seen the two of them fall asleep together before - on the couch in the Gryffindor common room, on that camping trip from hell. This was nothing like those times. Was it in the way they were so tangled together that he could hardly tell where one ended and the other began? Or was it in the way her face was buried in his neck or the way Harry cradled her in his arms, like she was the most precious thing in the world?

The murmurs he'd heard were apparently coming from a dreaming Harry. He squirmed and clutched Hermione tighter. When she kissed the side of Harry's neck without waking, quieting him, Ron's suspicions were confirmed.

Harry and Hermione were together. Together, in love, enamored and all that jazz.

He waited for any residual jealousy or anger to come. Maybe some of that old "my best friends betrayed me" shit. Huh. Nothing. The only thing he could remotely feel was…happiness. Could it be? Who would have thought? Ron Weasley had matured and he was actually happy for his ex-girlfriend and his best friend.

Unlike the RonHermione of before, this actually fit. It made sense. Harry and Hermione. It was like someone had shook a puzzle and only now had pieces finally fallen into place.

Ron felt a big shit-eating grin start to form on his face as he tiptoed back to where he came from. He would just leave the lovebirds in their little world and the cookies in the kitchen. Snagging one of Hermione's sticky parchment-type thingies, he wrote a quick note and poised it on top of the pile of cookies. He took one last peek at the slumbering twosome. Looking at them again, he stifled the urge to laugh and gave them a silent salute before he left.

Boy, did he have news for Luna.

H -

The cookies were actually just for you but seeing as Harry's already here, you might as well give the poor sod some. Oh and Luna wants you to floo her and tell her what you think of the charm she used. I know, I don't understand her either.

By the way, I'm happy for the two of you. Don't mess this up or you'll have me to answer to.


- R

~~*~~