Unofficial Portkey Archive

I'll Fight For You by Hazelmist
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I'll Fight For You

Hazelmist

I'll Fight For You

By Hazelmist/Summerskies

A/N: I know there aren't many L/J fanfictions on this site but I sincerely hope that you give this one a shot because in addition to H/Hr, L/J is my favorite ship.

PROLOGUE

It's over.

I fought until there was nothing left in me, but he won in the end. Tears blind my vision, and I crumple to the floor before him not by choice, but by the workings of his curse. I'm begging him not to touch him. Take me. I don't care. Just don't take my son. He throws back his head and laughs, amused, and perplexed by me. He's not human. He has no heart. He doesn't understand love. The laugh chills my bones, and makes my blood run cold. And I know right then and there that it's over.

I'm sorry. I love you both, but it seems that I've failed.

I don't hear anything. My world has suddenly gone silent. The devil's lips are moving. I can see them mouthing those fatal words that I know will end my life. But I don't hear them.

Suddenly, I'm hearing voices coming from all directions. They're echoes of my past life, flashes of my childhood, glimpses of familiar faces, and scenes of happier days.

They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes.

They're right... But they're wrong...

Only the parts that matter are seen in those brief moments before life leaves the body. Time seems to come to a standstill, and suddenly, I'm seeing it all over again. The moments of my past are relived, and I remember.

The Happines.

And The Sadness.

The Friendships.

And The Love.

The Deaths.

And Life...

It's all coming back to me...

A/N: The next chapter really starts the story, flashing back to the start of Lily's sixth year. I'd love to hear what you think so, please review.

-->