Unofficial Portkey Archive

When Hermione Granger Almost Walked Away by papermask
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

When Hermione Granger Almost Walked Away

papermask

I know the beginning of this chapter is a little boring, so bear with me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry Potter carefully unpacked the glassware from the brown box. As he set the piece on the table, a familiar pair of arms wrapped themselves around his chest. Harry smiled.

"Hello, love", Harry whispered. He spun around in his chair and faced his wife. She smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Hello, Harry", Hermione said. She unwrapped her arms from Harry's torso and sat down in the chair next to his. They silently began to pull out more of the glassware pieces and took off the newspaper. When they finished setting the pieces on the table, Hermione turned to Harry.

"Here, why don't you go and get the last box so we can have everything out and ready to put away", Hermione said with a smile. Harry grinned and hopped up from his chair. He walked happily through his new house to the family room where the last box was. As he picked up the last package and made his way back to the kitchen, Harry looked around once more at his new home. It was unique and modern, but still had a family-friendly feel to it. Both he and Hermione absolutely loved it. Harry came back to the kitchen and set the box down at Hermione's feet. She looked at him with a smile and began to help him unpack the box entitled 'miscellanious'.

"You know, Harry, after this box is finished, we'll officially be unpacked. Not necessarily moved in, but unpacked for sure", Hermione said.

"Small victories, Hermione. Small victories", Harry replied. Hermione lightly nudged him in the ribs with a laugh. She then pulled out a randomly placed plastic cup from the box.

"You know, this box is pretty big. I wonder how much actual miscellaneous stuff is in here?" Hermione asked curiously. Harry cracked a smile.

"Well, if I remember correctly, nothing breakable is in here, so let's find out the answer to your question", Harry said. With that, he turned the box upside down and dumped all of the contents onto the floor. Hermione simply giggled. They both got on their hands and knees and rummaged through the items. Among the many items was another plastic cup, a change purse, a cookbook, and a torn piece of paper. After sharing a burst of laughter, Hermione gathered up the items and got up off the floor, walking in the direction of the family room. As she was walking, the piece of paper slipped out from the pile in her arms and landed right next to Harry. Purely out of curiosity, Harry picked up the paper and began to read it.

"Hey, this is a page out of Hermione's diary", Harry whispered. He slowly raised his voice as he read over the text.

"I remember everything as if it happened in slow motion...I felt the color drain from my face...Harry spared a short glance towards my direction...", Harry read aloud. As he read, Harry's mind was slowly going blank. Was this some sort of joke? No, Hermione wouldn't pull something like this...but then, it would have to be real. Harry came to the last line.

"I almost walked away today."

Harry froze. He reread the sentence over and over again, the meaning of it pounding itself into his head. Hermione...Hermione almost left him? Harry had to hear her story.

"Hermione, please come back here!"

Hermione came walking back into the kitchen a minute or so later. She was about to say something when Harry lifted up the page from her diary. As she approached it, the smile faded from Hermione's face.

"Oh my gosh."

-->