Unofficial Portkey Archive

Just A Dream by hpdreamer500
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Just A Dream

hpdreamer500

Just A Dream

Chapter 3: Remembered

After the funeral Dumbledore walked over to Lily and said quietly, "I'm sorry, Lily."

All her anger just seemed to burst from her. She was talking with her heart not her head. "Sorry doesn't cut it!" she cried. "He's dead because of you! You sent him on that mission! You knew he wouldn't live!"

"I understand how you're feeling, Lily," was his only response.

"No you don't! You don't know the half of it!"

With that, Dumbledore took her arm and apparated her to his office. "Lily, there actually wasn't much chance James would die on that mission," he explained calmly.

"We didn't find his body, though, does that mean he might not be dead?" she asked hopefully.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up," Dumbledore answered. "But it's possible."

Lily and Dumbledore apparated back to the funeral, where Lily sat on a pew and kept to herself, tears still rolling down her face. They just wouldn't go away. James had been gone for two years. He was assumed dead, rather than missing.

She twirled her wedding ring around on her finger while she thought about him and all the moments, good and bad, that they'd shared.

She, as she had on many past occasions, felt terrible for being so mean to him through school. He was an amazing guy, he'd just been a little immature.

Inside, Lily didn't think a little immaturity was a bad thing. She'd never have admitted it to anyone though. She cared too much about what people thought about her, although she knew some people might like her better if she acted more like herself. She was just so stuck being the girl she thought everyone wanted her to be that she didn't know how to let go around anyone she wasn't close friends with. It was her greatest fault, and it was one James had been helping her rid herself of.

She remembered their first date, and feebly smiled through her tears. She remembered the clearing in the forest, the lilies all around them, and remembered how he'd planned it all. He'd planned the perfect first date. She remembered how nervous he was that she wouldn't like it, and how happy he was when he saw that she did.

She remembered their wedding, with Katy as their Maid of Honor and Sirius as their Best Man. Everything had been perfect. Their reception had been amazing, and although she'd done a lot of the wedding plans, he had certainly helped. She loved him beyond all compare as more memories surfaced in her mind.

She remembered their first kiss, how he'd planned another perfect date. She remembered the snow angels and snowball fights and chasing each other in the snow. She remembered how he gently kissed her for the first time and how he was shocked when she didn't pull away. She remembered them going in from their date in the snow and getting hot chocolate from the kitchens and how they talked until they fell asleep.

A/N: Sorry it took me so long, but today was my deadline, because today's my birthday!!! Yay!!! Anyway, please review, I'll post the next and last chapter very soon if I get 5 reviews. Thanks to owanalilypotter, anarita, and littledufffan for reviewing!

-->