Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's Guide to Newfound Sorcery by the_real_mrs_potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's Guide to Newfound Sorcery

the_real_mrs_potter

A/N: Okay, here is the beta'd chapter. Nothing majorly different, but it's much prettier. Thank you all for your reviews thus far, they've been awesome! You really seem to want the next chapter now. Well, sorry to disappoint, but I have a lot to do before next Sunday, so be patient for me. I love you all so much :]

Get exclusive sneak peeks: http://xshar.tumblr.com
Ask me anything & everything: http://www.formspring.me/xshar

Disclaimer: Harry Potter isn't mine, neither is Jessica's Guide. All I own is the writing and my broken pride.

Enjoy!

-

Strange

"A freak of nature, stuck in reality
I don't fit the picture, I'm not what you want me to be...sorry.

Under the radar, out of the system,
Caught in the spotlight, that's my existence,
You want me to change, but all I feel is...

Strange, Strange
In your perfect world,
Sooo strange, strange
I feel so absurd in this life,
Don't come closer, in my arms,
Forever you'll be strange, strange
"
Tokyo Hotel & Kerli (Strange)

She started laughing immediately after I spoke. I gave her a moment to compose herself and she did so only after placing a hand over her chest. She seemed to do that quite often when she experienced strong reactions to things.

"Trying to make me fall in love with him? You're joking."

I shook my head. "Why would I joke about something like this?"

"Look Harry, I respect you trying to protect me even if we've only known each other for less than twenty-four hours, but this is ridiculous. Drake has been going here for a while and I think if he actually was trying to make me fall in love with him, he would have succeeded by now."

"You really think so?" I asked doubtfully. "He has you right where he wants you. He's gained your trust, gotten you to consider him a friend… he's taking it slower than I anticipated, but I didn't know he was even here to begin with."

"Of course you didn't, you've never met him before this. You were too busy observing me to pay attention to anything else."

I felt my face heat up as I bowed my head. "Sorry that I was a little distracted by the reason I came here in the first place. It's a wonder he escaped my attention before, actually. I'd recognize that greasy head of hair anywhere."

"So obviously you're thinking of someone else. Sure, you may know someone like him, but that doesn't mean that Drake is who you think he is."

"Hermione, it's him. Trust me."

She gave me a look. "I can't do that, Harry. I don't know how they do it where you come from, but here in non-magical-land you don't trust someone after only knowing them for less than a day."

She had a point there. "I understand why you may think this is crazy, but I am telling the truth. This Drake Malloy character that Draco has come up with is a mask to hide behind so he can transfer the bond to the Death Eaters."

"Again with these `Death Eater' people! Are they some kind of cult or something?"

I chuckled. "I suppose you could call them that. You remember Voldemort, the bad guy who wants to use our bond for himself?"

"Yes…"

"Well, the Death Eaters are his followers. They support what he is trying to make of the Wizarding community and fight alongside him. So our bond would get transferred to them."

"What is he trying to make of the community?" She asked.

"I'll tell you that later. For now, I need you to accept that Drake Malloy isn't who he says he is."

"I can't do that, Harry!" She said in frustration. "He's my friend. I can't just overlook that because you're accusing him of trying to use me. Right now, it's his word over yours."

"That's not fair." I said dangerously, pointing a finger at her. "Of course he's going to deny it. Now that he knows I'm here, he's only going to try and turn you against me. It doesn't help that we've hated each other for years, so he'll do it even faster than originally planned."

"Well good luck with that, then." She said, swatting my raised finger away from her face.

"You're not even going to consider the fact that you're just a pawn in his chess match of doom?"

She snorted. "No, but nice analogy."

I rolled my eyes. "Hermione, you really need to tone down the stubbornness."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Can't. Once my mind is set, it stays that way. I'm sorry if it's a nuisance."

I placed a hand on my forehead. I could feel a headache coming on. The girl was an obstinate spitfire. Her reasons were plausible, yes, but the fact that I knew I was right made it all the more frustrating that she refused to believe me. Draco Malfoy was here and he had Hermione in the palm of his hand without her thinking twice about it. There had to be a way I could prove to her that he was who I accused him of being. The sooner she accepted it, the sooner we could get him out of the way and this whole thing could be over with. If he was the instigator that Voldemort had sent to infiltrate the bond, then the only thing standing between and Hermione and I moving on with our former lives was his slimy grasp on her trust.

Goddamn it, why couldn't she just let down her walls for me just once?

"Harry?"

I looked up and saw Hermione's chocolate brown eyes-a trait I was just now noticing-looking at me with concern. When she saw that I was alright, her demeanor shifted.

"I'm sorry if I'm a pain, but it's just the way I am. How would you feel if one of your friends was accused of being a Death Eater?"

"Angry." I answered honestly. "But this is different, I swear it!"

"How?" She asked hotly.

"Because I'm right!" I snapped.

Her jaw clenched. "You're not doing much to help your argument, Harry."

"Hermione please just listen to me. Drake Malloy is Draco Malfoy, a slimy snake who despises the ground I walk on, as well as anyone else who has any association with the word Muggle. His father is a Death Eater, and he is in the running to becoming one himself. I'm sure that after he turns you in to his master, he'll be granted just that."

The skin on Hermione's forehead creased and I thought I had finally gotten to her. Of course, she stomped on that hope with a few heated words. "Just drop it, Harry."

Of course, at that exact moment, Kat reentered with Draco I am not referring to him as "Drake". That's just dumb. in tow. We shared another brief, knowing glare before he sat down next to Kat. I ground my teeth together in frustration and turned away from them, too irritated to speak. If only Hermione were more like the other girls I came into contact with - easily manipulated, effortless to put up an argument - it would be no problem at all.

But Hermione wasn't like any of those other girls. She was different. And as of now, I couldn't have resented her more for it.

I tuned out the unimportant conversation going on around me using a technique Dumbledore had taught me a few years back. Quite a handy trick in times like these. Instead of listening to the petty Muggle conversation being held around me, I could focus more on contemplating how I was going to get Hermione to listen to me. She had to have a breaking point, everyone did. But, then again, Hermione wasn't just anyone, as she had made perfectly clear when she was defending Draco.

"Don't you think so, Harry?"

"Hmm, what?" I asked, turning around to see Kat looking at me oddly.

"I was saying that we should all go out this weekend, the four of us." Kat repeated.

"I don't think that would be a good idea." I said frankly.

"Why not?" she asked with a pout expert enough to rival a newborn puppy.

"Hermione and I have plans." I blurted. Kat and Draco looked at me with mixed expressions while Hermione remained neutral, knowing I was speaking the truth. "We're going shopping to get her some things."

"What kind of things?" Kat asked suspiciously.

"Just some supplies for school." Hermione chimed in. I looked at her with what I hoped to be a thankful expression. "He needs to pick up some things as well. He only just arrived yesterday."

Her words seemed to sedate Kat. Draco, on the other hand, was less convinced.

"Well what do you need to pick up? Maybe we could help."

"No." I said quickly. Draco looked at me with his cool silver eyes narrowed.

"Thank you for the offer, Drake, but Harry and I really need to do this alone." Hermione said kindly.

Draco looked over at Hermione and his face softened. "Who am I to keep from two friends bonding, eh?"

I held back from responding to that for appearance sake. It wouldn't look good if I reached across and began to strangle him, no matter how much I wanted to. Draco knew why I was here and the only reason he wasn't intervening was to keep up appearances. The slime ball.

The conversation was then dropped and soon after, the bell rang to signify the start of class. I tried my best to pay attention, but Mr. Cain lost me after he opened a discussion on the uses of metonymy in modern literature.

I was lucky enough not to be called upon throughout the period once again by the time class ended. No one was in a rush to get out of the classroom except for me and a certain snitch with blond hair. I followed him outside the door, slithering through the few people that stood between us. He was only a few feet in front of me by the time we reached a darkened alcove. It was only natural what came next. I rushed up behind him and shoved him into the niche.

"What the bloody-ah, Potter, I was wondering when you were going to confront me. Took you long enough, mate."

"Do not call me mate. I will not and will never be your friend. Especially in these circumstances."

"And what circumstances are you refereeing to?" He asked slyly.

"Don't play dumb, Malfoy. You hate Muggles. You wouldn't be here unless you had other motives."

"Perhaps I've changed."

"Highly unlikely."

He smirked. "You have it all figured out then, do you?"

"It's not that hard to distinguish. You were sent here to make Hermione fall in love with you so the bond between her and I would be transferred to your kind. Although I can't imagine why. You haven't been able to do anything right since I've known you."

"Well all of that is about to change. I have Hermione right where I want her. You couldn't have come at a better time, really. Now you get to see your fiancée fall in love with another man."

"That's not going to happen, Malfoy. Not now, not ever." I growled.

"Oh?" He asked curiously. "Did you tell her all about me already?"

"Of course I did. As soon as I saw you." I said smugly.

His demeanor changed a fraction. "And how did she take it?"

I wanted to lie, but it wasn't in my wiring. "She's a stubborn witch."

His confidence returned. "You see? I'm almost there. All I have to do is take her out on a few dates and she'll be so in love with me that she'll forget all about your precious bond."

"You can try. I won't let that happen." I said darkly. "I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure of it."

"I'm shaking." He said mockingly, adding in a faux shiver for unneeded emphasis.

"You should be." I said with a nod. "Good luck trying to win her over my dead body."

"That can be arranged."

I shot him a sneer before turning around and heading to my next class.

Well, that cleared up any thoughts in my head that his being here was a huge coincidence. I just knew he hadn't gotten the Wizard Flu during Christmas holidays last year! This is where he has been, befriending Hermione and screwing up any chances I had of steering her clear of danger. Her life was already at risk and had been for months without anyone knowing it. Looks like every move that the Order made was ten steps behind what Voldemort was planning.

I really had my work cut out for me. But I stood by what I said to Malfoy: I would not let her be swayed by his smooth talk and innocent ruse. He may have been doing well for a fair amount of time, but that was before I got here. He still had yet to face the wrath of Harry Potter. By the end of the week, I would have Hermione on my side and out of harm's way before you could say Buckbeak.

~*~

Hermione remained an immovable rock on the subject of Draco being the one I had been sent to stop. Every time I brought it up, she simply changed the subject and refused to acknowledge that I had said anything at all. She also showed no sign of weakness on the subject. The woman was still hesitant that she was a witch for Merlin's sake! Looks like I wouldn't be making my deadline anytime soon, but at least I had a solution for the second problem.

Today was Saturday, the day I had planned on taking Hermione to Diagon Alley to purchase her wand.

I was up bright and early for once, setting my new alarm clock for six in the morning sharp. Thankfully, instead of waking up to the cacophony of screeches that sounded too similar to a Cornish Pixie's cry, this alarm eased me awake with the sounds of a Muggle radio station that seemed to always play a soft song whenever it was time for me to wake up. I was up, dressed, and making breakfast over a hot wand just before Jane and Edward left for work. I was in the middle of levitating sausages over a heated plate that I charmed myself when I heard the soft padding of bare feet against the wooden floor.

I craned my neck over my shoulder and saw Hermione clad in plaid flannel pajama bottoms and matching button-up top. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were half-open, signs that she had only just gotten out of bed.

It took her a moment to notice I was there. Only after rubbing her eyes a few times did she speak up. "What are you doing up so early?"

"I wanted to get an early start." I replied, turning the sausages over with a flick of my wand. "Today is our trip to Diagon Alley. If you react in any way like I did my first trip there with my godfather, we'll be there a while."

"I thought we were just going to buy a wand?" She asked, taking a seat at the table.

"Well there are many other things there as well, so we may get sidetracked a bit. Luckily, I've prepared for this and asked your parents to leave you some extra money to exchange at Gringotts."

"What's Gringotts?"

"Wizarding bank." I replied. "We're going there first before we do anything. I need to make a withdrawal myself."

"And you say that I can exchange my money there? Do Wizards have a different currency than non-magic folk?"

"Oh yes. Completely different. I won't bore you with specifics, but I'm sure if you want to know more about it, the goblin in charge of the exchange station today will be willing to explain."

"G-goblin?" Hermione asked shakily. "Like the kind from the fairy tales?"

I gave her a look before finishing up the sausages and placing them on the two plates I had set out for the two of us. "Most things in the Wizarding World aren't anything like you've read about, Hermione. The goblins that run Gringotts are very intelligent creatures, but are also very cross. You wouldn't want to get on their bad side. In my History of Magic class back at Hogwarts, we spent two months on the goblin rebellions of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. They're quite ruthless."

"And these are the creatures that run the bank?" She asked in a worried tone.

"I think it's more of an insurance policy. There isn't a safer place in the Wizarding community, except maybe Hogwarts."

Hermione nodded in understanding and looked over my shoulder at the plates I had been preparing. "Have you been cooking?"

I raised my wand and wordlessly summoned the two rolls I had set on the counter over to me to answer her question. She wrinkled her nose and I let out a short chuckle. No doubt she was thinking of a billion logical explanations for the charm I just cast.

"I'm much better at cooking with a wand in hand. My best mate's Mum, though. Man, can she do wonders with a wand and a few pots and pans."

She smiled a little. "I'll take your word on it."

I grabbed the two plates and walked them over to her, setting one of them on the table in front of her and the other across from the seat to her right. She took a bite out of one of the sausages and let out a pleasant noise.

"It's really good." She complimented, finishing off what was left on her fork.

"Thanks." I said proudly.

The rest of breakfast was filled only with the sound of food being consumed. Our conversations had been strained the past few days thanks to the Drake-Draco situation. Not that we had many chats to begin with, but it was still a noticeable difference. From what I gathered, we got along rather well when we weren't talking about the circumstances we were in. We may have even been on the road to becoming friends. But all that was nil at the moment.

As soon as Hermione finished, she excused herself to get ready. I put both of the plates into the sink and rinsed them off after she left. As I waited for her to finish up, I let myself coast to the living room and collapse onto the couch. I hadn't realized I'd drifted off until I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me awake.

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"I thought you wanted to get an early start."

My eyes drifted open and I saw Hermione's humored face inches from my own. My senses perked as I let the haze of sleep disappear from my mind. "Sorry. I guess I dozed off."

"It looks like it."

I got up from the couch with Hermione close on my tail. "We'd best be off, then."

I led the both of us out of the house and the few meters away to the sidewalk outside. I heard Hermione lock the door and when she came up behind me, she spoke up. "How exactly are we getting to Diagon Alley, anyway? Don't you need me to drive?"

"No." I said shortly, reaching into my backside pocket and pulling out my wand. Hermione came to stand by my side and raised an eyebrow in question. "We're taking the bus."

"What bus?"

I stuck out my wand out towards the street. Within seconds, the familiar purple bus appeared literally out of nowhere. "The Knight Bus."

I looked over at Hermione, who had a look of bewilderment plastered on her face. "Where did this bus come from?"

I smirked. "Even I can't answer that. Now come on."

I climbed onto the bus and heard Hermione follow reluctantly behind. I had only taken the Knight Bus in the daylight a handful of times, so the sight of seats in the aisles rather than beds was slightly odd. I found a seat near the middle, Hermione taking the one directly across from mine.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Harry Potter." A cheery voice said from the front of the bus.

"Hello, Stan."

Stan Shunpike hadn't changed from the moment I met him-pimply, protruding ears, and a kind demeanor. Sirius had taken me on the Knight Bus for the first time when I was eleven, claiming it was the easiest way to get to the Leaky Cauldron. Since I never found a taste for using the Floo Network unless absolutely necessary, I had resulted to the Knight Bus ever since.

"Why aren't you at Hogwarts, lad? I thought for sure that you would be returning this year."

"Things changed." I replied smoothly.

"And who is your friend?" He asked suggestively, looking at Hermione with a pleased expression.

"Stan this is Hermione. Hermione, Stan."

"Pleasure." She said kindly.

He gave her a smile and then turned back to me. "The Leaky Cauldron, I presume?" I nodded in confirmation. "Eleven Sickles."

I reached into the pocket of my trousers and pulled out the money I had stowed in there for the trip. I had only brought along so much money with me when I was told where I would be spending my school year, not thinking I would need much. Thankfully, Hermione needing to make an exchange gave me the perfect opportunity to withdraw more money.

Stan took the money I handed him and returned back to the front of the bus. I looked over to Hermione who had a strange look on her face.

"Sickles… is that the money you use?"

"Sickles, galleons, and knuts." I explained.

She nodded. "I've never heard of the Leaky Cauldron. Where is it, exactly?"

"In the heart of London, I believe." I said thoughtfully. "Well, that's what I've gathered based on the length of the trip."

"What-?"

The bus jerked forward suddenly and both Hermione and I's bodies were thrown ahead into the backs of the seats in front of us. Since I was used to this, I had already come prepared with a shrunken cushion in my jumper's right pocket. I pulled it out and muttered the counter-charm to enlarge it. I felt a pair of eyes on me and after the bus hit a bump, saw Hermione looking at me keenly. I realized then that she expected me to pull out another pillow for her. Unfortunately, I hadn't thought about that aspect before getting on the bus. Thanks to my act-before-I-think complex, though, I handed over my pillow to her without hesitation. She gave me a thankful smile and used it the rest of the ride. I cursed inwardly at myself every time we hit a bump or made a sharp turn. I had nearly forgotten how painful the Knight Bus could be.

Thankfully, Hermione's house wasn't too far from our destination so I only had to bear about ten minutes of painful collisions with the seat and side of the bus.

I stumbled off of the bus clutching my right shoulder, which seemed to endure most of the more painful blows. Hermione stepped out just after me and I removed my hand from my shoulder for pride's sake. As soon as her feet touched the pavement, the door shut behind her and the Knight Bus was off into the far distance. Hermione looked behind her, as though she expected the bus to still be there. She shrugged when she saw nothing and held out the pillow she had been holding to me. I took it and shrunk it back down, putting it in my pocket once more.

"Thank you for letting me use it." She said softly. "It was very chivalrous of you."

"Uh yeah, sure." I said breezily. "Let's go before someone catches us lurking around an abandoned building."

I walked the few steps to the entrance of the Leaky Cauldron and held open the door for Hermione behind me. The inn was virtually empty and I let out a breath of relief, thankful that no one was around to swarm me with questions and autograph requests.

"What do you mean `an abandoned building'? Sure, there isn't anyone here at the moment, but I don't think that-"

"To Muggles, the Leaky Cauldron takes the appearance of an abandoned building so that they won't enter. At least, that's what I've been told. No one really knows much about the enchantment on the place. It could just be invisible, but the hospital, St. Mungo's, takes the appearance of an abandoned building, so it's safe to assume."

"Ah."

I hurried through the building and went out the back door, just in case Tom was hiding behind the counter. Don't get me wrong, I like Tom, but I couldn't afford any distractions today, especially since Hermione had no idea how I got treated when in public. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as it used to be, but since Voldemort's return, it was on its way to becoming dangerous.

I reached for my wand again and tapped the bricks that allowed us to pass through. They began folding onto each other in the familiar pattern that formed a passage to Diagon Alley. Hermione stood in place behind me, exhaling a large breath at the sight. I could only imagine how she must be feeling. Bricks that fold onto themselves are a sight to see, even to someone like me who has grown up with magic.

The bricks ceased in their movements and Diagon Alley stood before us. It wasn't very crowded, but there were still a fair amount of early risers prowling the streets. I stepped forward onto the cobblestone street and looked behind me to make sure Hermione was still following. She was, but as she walked, her eyes shifted from one thing to the other. I stopped for a moment to allow her to catch up and when she did, carefully tried to keep in step with her as we walked side-by-side, so if she accidentally tripped over a stray crate or something, I could prevent any injury.

Luckily, Gringotts was easy to find with it being the brightest and tallest building. I led the two of us to its front doors and into the extensive and ornate bank. I still had to slow my steps for Hermione, who seemed even more captivated by the inside of the bank than by the exteriors of the shops.

I approached the desk labeled "Exchanges" and gained the attention of the goblin behind it by clearing my throat. He looked at me wearily and asked, "What may I help you with?"

"My friend here would like to make an exchange of her Muggle money for the equivalent of our currency."

"And does your friend have an account at this bank?"

"No sir. She's, ahh, new to the Wizarding community. She hasn't set up a membership with the bank as of yet."

The goblin nodded. "I see. How much is she going to exchange today?"

I reached into my pocket and grabbed the money that Jane had given me to exchange. I handed the amount over to him and he counted it silently. I glanced over at Hermione, who was now finished with observing her surroundings and was instead enamored with watching the goblin count her parent's money.

"The amount comes to thirty galleons, two sickles, and fifteen knuts." The goblin said evenly.

He placed the Muggle money to the side and opened what seemed to be a drawer beneath the top of his desk. He pulled out the appropriate coins for the transfer and handed them over to me. I pocketed them and thanked him accordingly.

"Come on, Hermione, I have to do something before we continue."

"All right." She said, speaking up for the first time since we'd arrived.

I walked down the marble walkway to the end of the hall with Hermione by my side where the lead goblin was seated atop a raised desk. His eyes were already on me by the time I arrived.

"I wish to make a withdrawal." I said coolly.

"And do you have your key, Mister Potter?"

I nodded as I pulled my key out of the same pocked I kept the shrunken pillow, placing it atop the desk. The goblin took it and waved his arm. Within moments, the goblin Griphook appeared at his side. I had associated with Griphook for many years now, him being the only goblin that operated the underground tram within the bowels of the bank.

"Follow me, please." Griphook said.

I obliged and Hermione was stuck to my side, probably too nervous to speak. I wondered if all of this was too much for her to handle. When I spoke of the Wizarding World before, she'd seemed full of questions. Now, it was as though she was a mute. I decided to save that observation for a later time as Griphook lead us into the stone passageways leading to the vaults. A tram was already in place on the tracks and I climbed in. Hermione was more hesitant and I held out my hand.

"Come on, Hermione, it's okay. We're just going to my vault for a few minutes. It'll be fine."

She gave me a hesitant look, but took my hand nonetheless. Her skin felt warm against my own, which is saying something since I have a relatively high body temperature. It was a very pleasant experience to have her hand gripped in mine, but it was short lived as she climbed into the cart quickly and removed her hand before I could fully grasp what it was that went through my senses.

"Hold on." Griphook commanded.

I grabbed onto the edge of the cart and held tight. Hermione mirrored me, albeit nervously. But when the cart launched forward, I think she got the point of the order. The vast interconnected tracks felt like water the way we glided atop them. I had forgotten to warn Hermione about the speed of the carts as well. Oops. She didn't seem to be taking it too bad, though, if screaming at the top of her lungs counts as such.

We arrived at my vault within minutes. The cart jerked to a stop and Griphook opened the small flap of a door to open the fault, my key in hand. The circular metal door opened swiftly and I was greeted with the mounds of gold that my parents had left me with.

"Oh my God." Hermione said breathily. "I don't think I've seen that much gold in my life."

I chuckled. "Yeah, it's a bit excessive, but who am I to argue with my parent's wishes."

"Wait, your parents left you with all of this?" She asked as I walked into the vault and grabbed a handful of galleons and a few sickles.

"Yup." I answered.

"Did they invent sliced bread or something?"

"No, the Potters have just been very well off since the beginning." I responded. "They're a very well respected family in the Wizarding community, or at least they were before Voldemort killed them all off. I don't know the full details, though."

"Wow."

I turned back and nodded at Griphook that I was finished. He closed the vault behind me and got back into the cart, waiting for me and Hermione to follow. I looked over at her and saw that she was still staring at the vault.

"Hermione?"

"Hmm?" She said, looking at me dreamily.

"Let's go."

"Oh. Right."

She followed me back into the tram and immediately grabbed a hold of the metal side for dear life. I held back a laugh as we sped through the tunnels backward. The expression on her face was priceless. It looked to be a mixture between nausea and confusion; something I hadn't ever seen on a person's face before.

We arrived back on the ground floor of the bank and once again I had to slow my pace to keep up with Hermione, but not because she was transfixed with the wonders of the Wizarding World. This time she seemed to be a bit dizzy from the ride and kept teetering from one side to the other. By the time we exited the building, though, she seemed to be okay.

"That was unexpected." Hermione said carefully as we began walking. "This whole place is just… fascinating."

"Yeah. It's the epitome of Wizarding life."

"Really?" She asked. "You mean everything I see here is how life really is for you?"

"Pretty much."

"So the people in robes, the owls for sale, the supplies shop for some sport call Quick-fitch, they're all real?"

"Quidditch." I corrected. "And yes. Of course they're real. What, do you think I hired fifty people to roam the streets, a hundred goblin lookalikes to occupy the bank, and a set designer to convince you that you're a witch?"

"Well with the amount of gold in your vault, I wouldn't doubt it." She said. I gave her an exasperated look and she chuckled. "But it's highly unlikely you would be this elaborate."

"So you believe me?" I asked excitedly as we neared Ollivander's.

"In all aspects, yes, I do believe there is a Wizarding World, but I have yet to consider myself as a part of it."

"Well that's about to change." I said with a grin. I turned to my right and gestured to the sign. "Welcome to Ollivander's, it's time to meet your wand."

-->