Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Warren by xelan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Warren

xelan

The Deal

A/N: This is unusually grim coming from me. So grim in fact that I raised the rating just for this. Anyway, I recall hearing that Ron Weasley's birthday had recently passed. I wanted to do something special for the event; however, I was delayed a bit. Word of warning, grim things ahead, I'm a devote Harmonian...

You've been warned…

XXXXXXXXXXX

"You killed Hermione." It was a statement. Admittedly, a simple statement but with repercussions that were anything but simple.

"She was askin' for it, mate. Her fault, really…"

"SHUT. UP." He applied the electrode to the bastard's nutsack.

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

He stopped electrocuting the bastard as the smell of burned hair and charred flesh started to become noticeable. "Now, you were saying something?"

"Haa-hah-Harry…" he panted. "You've got to believe me. She was leading me on. She'd been leading me on for months-maybe Years! Always flirting with me, always helping me with assignments and always hanging around me. She was a manipulative little bitch. Can you really blame me that I didn't take it well when she said no?"

Harry poured more water over the restrained body and began affixing alligator clips to various parts of the last living Weasley. "She wasn't flirting, she was arguing; she helped you because I asked her to, not because she wanted to; and she wasn't hanging around you, she was hanging around me and you just happened to be there."

Ron didn't know what to say.

A voice carried over from the newly opened door. "Be sure to shower or at least cast an appropriate cleaning charm after you're done with the bastard. I don't want the smell of charred flesh and burned hair to spoil our dinner."

"Yes, Dear." Harry called out after he smiled at his wife. He was so blessed to have her back. He was also equally lucky that the terms of the agreement he'd made had precluded her from taking her own revenge. His smile turned wicked as he thought, So much the better.

Ron's jaw dropped as the voice registered. "Bu-b-but… I killed her. I know I killed her. How can she BE HERE!?" He spared a glance at the retreating figure. His eyes widened fully at the sight and a whimper could be heard escaping the gaping maw that is his mouth.

Harry leaned forward and pulled the bastard's face closer by the hair. "I got her back."

Ron was breathing heavily "But she was dead! DEAD!" the redhead argued and tried to thrash despite the shackles and straps.

Harry slammed Ron's head backward against the metal frame of the chair resulting in a dull metallic clunk sound. "Death was willing to deal with me." He almost spat on the young man he had once considered his friend.

Eyes shut tightly in pain; he managed to croak out, "A deal… I-I don't understand."

Unconcerned with Ron's confusion, Harry brought the generator to full power. "It's no longer your concern."

The whirr of the machine was ominous as it filled Ron's ears and he could see equipment sparking madly. In desperation he began to plead, "Harry… Harry. Come on, mate. This is a joke, right? Tell me it's a joke and we'll have a good laugh down at the pub. No hard feelings, right? Forgive and forget and all that. She's alive so no harm done."

Harry's green eyes were like ice. "No harm done?" he asked coldly.

"It's me, Harry. It's Ron, your best mate. You don't need to do this!"

Harry placed his hand on conspicuous looking lever and closed his eyes. "Actually, I do. There's one final payment to be made."

*click*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

End