Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Warren by xelan
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Warren

xelan

"You look like you're just about ready to spit nails," he whispered into her ear.

Predictably, the lady being whispered to jerked slightly as she became aware of his presence. "Daniel Granger!" she bit out tersely. "What have I told you about sneaking about like that?"

The man identified as Daniel Granger stepped around to stand by her. He had a cheeky smile on his face. "Oh, I dunno... Something about not doing it anymore? I didn't pay that much attention at the time, since I don't intend to stop." He started to move to give her a light peck on the cheek.

Emma saw the movement for what it was and gave him such a glare of utter disdain that she froze him in mid-motion. He was utterly motionless but his eyes were watching her intently. Seeing that he was still frozen several moments later, she cleared her throat and mentioned in a casual tone, "You're doing it wrong."

Daniel's brow raised at that pronouncement. Not needing to be told a second time, he unfroze, rushed forward, swept her up and into his arms and thoroughly kissed her.

She reciprocated in kind and they were together like that for several minutes.

After several minutes had passed, the two were once more standing together in their living room. He was deftly massaging her shoulders and she was trying to look stern and mildly menacing. She wasn't succeeding very well. Daniel's hands just felt so wonderful and it was all she could do to try and at least appear disapproving of it.

"Why do you always do that when I'm trying to be stern and mildly menacing?" she groaned out as he was launching a two pronged assault on her back. It was amazing to her that he could target the juncture where her neck met her shoulder and the small of her back at the same time all the while keeping her intimately pressed against him.

He kissed her neck lovingly and answered, "Because that's not who you are - not really."

"Card carrying man hater, remember? I will rake any boy over hot coals if he even thinks of mucking about with MY daughter."

"Ah... So that's what this is about." He murmured as he finished his impromptu massage and moved his hands teasingly lower.

"Of course it is. We're a progressive household. I can be just as threatening as any father. Besides, Hermione has you twisted around her little finger. There's no way you'd deny her anything or, for that matter, anyone. Men are devious, conniving and absolutely cannot be trusted - even the not yet grown up ones." Emma mildly ranted.

Daniel Granger wrapped his arms around his wife. "And yet you married me."

The fierce expression on Emma Granger's face softened. "I know you love me, so it's not really a fair comparison," she contradicted. "That you survived the hell I put you through during the years I spent recovering from what that Bastard did to me before he finally went to prison leaves no doubt in my mind about that. "

"You know that isn't a very good reason to marry someone. That I stayed with you through everything could just mean that I'm a stubborn idiot," said Daniel as he nuzzled behind her ear.

"True, but I have a good sense for people." She nuzzled right back.

"..."

Daniel wasn't moving.

"-The Bastard notwithstanding," she hastily amended.

Normal service resumed. "All right. I'll grant you that. That you married me couldn't have anything to do with you feeling the same way I feel about you, could it?

"Pfft. Marrying you was the least I could do." She blushed. "In any case, he is exactly the reason why all men should be locked up!"

"I'd hope you would come and visit me on those cold and lonely nights."

She rolled her eyes. "I keep telling you, when I start ranting about men, I don't normally mean to include you - except when you forget to put the seat down."

"Cheers to the former and, as always, I'll try to remember the latter."

Sighing a little louder than necessary, Emma Granger tilted her head back to lean against her husband's shoulder. Her hands went lower to cover the hand that was gently stroking her stomach through her blouse and hold it in place. "Your hands are so warm..."

"Uh huh. Other parts of me are just as warm or warmer."

"Yes, I know. That's why I let you share my bed."

"Oh, is that why?"

"Absolutely. You're a sight cheaper than one of those electric heating pads. Plus, I don't have to worry about unplugging you or worry about you causing a fire."

"Ah, you're referring to my function as a foot warmer..."

"Of course. What other use are you?"

Daniel's hand slipped lower and started to rub once again.

Emma began to purr.

"Do I need to demonstrate further?" He asked.

Despite facing the wrong direction, she could easily imagine the satisfied look on her husband's face simply by hearing it in his tone. "Not fair; you marry a man and raise just one daughter together and the man starts to think he can take liberties."

"So that's a no, then?"

"I didn't say that." She slipped from his grasp but held onto one hand. She began to pull him toward their bedroom. "After careful consideration - yes. I think additional demonstrations are in order, but not here. I think this calls for a change in venue."

"Yes, Dear."

She stopped in mid-step and remarked, "We've discussed this before."

Dan rolled his eyes. "Yes, Emma dear."

"Better," she declared and then resumed her hurried pace.

As they made their way quickly up the stairs, she slowed briefly and turned to her husband. "Don't think I don't know what you're doing." Her eyes glinted and a smirk covered her face. "You're trying to soften me up before Hermione brings her friend home. Well, let me tell you right now -it won't work."

Daniel had a completely smitten look on his face as he gazed at his wife. He loved the contrasts of this woman: firm and unyielding outside, but tender, kinky and highly sexual on the inside. Highly intelligent and possessing of an iron will in most things, but when it came to him, their daughter, or the exploited or abused, then she was kind and gentle. She had even consented to marry him without too much fuss despite swearing off men completely after the incident with The Bastard. "Do you have any idea what you do to me when you look at me with those glinting eyes and that know-it-all tone?" he was beginning to breathe heavily his eyes were starting to look a bit predatory.

Feeling a shiver run through her spine, she leaned in close. "You better believe I do," she challenged.

Reaching his breaking point, Daniel scooped her up and in his arms in a bridal carry and resumed his dash up the stairs.

Squirming about in his grip, her dislike of heights that her daughter had also inherited quickly came to the fore, "You-you, MAN!" she yelled in an exasperated tone, all the while trying to clutch to his neck.

Daniel halted in front of their bedroom. He was just about to kick the door open with his foot. "As I would never force myself on you, I think I should ask if you want me to stop..." He breathed deeply.

Emma, with her arms wrapped around his neck, with her hair a mess, with her blouse missing several buttons and showing wonderful cleavage encased in satiny red, and with her skirt hiked up revealing her equally red and damp knickers, gave a sigh. This is the price I pay for falling in love with a man who desires AND respects me. Pulling herself closer to him to stare him in the eyes, "Just shut up and fuck me. They'll be here soon and I'll need time to get ready again."

And he did.

%%%%%%%%%%

Standing in the kitchen doorway, a wide-eyed Harry leaned back into the kitchen proper. His mouth wasn't gaping, but for the life of him, he couldn't figure out why not. His lips formed a small 'O' and he felt flushed. The sight he had seen in the living room and on the stairwell was, to be quite honest, one of the hottest things he had ever seen.

Sirius just sat at the kitchen table eating a sandwich and chuckling at the poor gob smacked teen. "I hope you took some good notes, Harry!"

Harry sucked in a breath and turned to his girlfriend. "Hermione," Harry hesitantly asked. "Should I have been taking notes?"*

Hermione, who shared many amazing qualities with her mum: a fear of heights, a dislike of men not named Harry Potter or Daniel Granger (but in a different way), a kinky streak, and a curious lack of gag reflex, turned to her boyfriend and raised an eyebrow.

Harry looked down at Hermione's note filled spiral bound notebook complete with illustrations and her ballpoint pen. "Shall I assume that you'll be sharing your notes."

"Actually, I was thinking we should get some hands one experience. Just copying MY notes wouldn't help you learn the material. Only through constant practice and repetition can you truly master a subject."

Harry spoke in stunned amazement. "Repetition..."

"Constant." Hermione assured her boyfriend with a smile.

Sirius chuckled again but more loudly. "Harry, do try not to forget the charm I taught you."

"Bye, Sirius," the two teens both chorused.

A sigh escaped Sirius' mouth. "Just as soon as I finish my sandwich and make my introductions to Hermione's parents." He smirked at the couple who were investigating each others' tonsils. "Do try not to rip each others clothes off until I can get away."

XXXXXXXXXX

*Thanks Mike (MoA)

Omake:

"Hermione," Harry asked. "Should I be taking notes?"

By Mike (MoA) Fairbanks