Unofficial Portkey Archive

I Never Told You by mspolapotter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

I Never Told You

mspolapotter

If you just realize what I just realized

That we'd be perfect for each other and we'll never find another

Just realize what I just realized

We'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other

But, it's not all the same, no, it's never the same

If you don't feel it to, if you meet me half way

If you would meet me half way

It could be the same for you

-Realize by Colbie Caillat

My whole body was sore when I woke up, the sun blinding my eyes momentarily. For a while, I wondered where I was. I was not used to waking up in the heads' dormitory.

So it is true, I thought to myself.

I stood up and decided to go to the next room, where Harry and Ron were sleeping. McGonagall probably conjured another bed. Both of them stirred. Apparently, I had opened the door loudly.

"Whoa, where are we?" Ron asked groggily, disoriented as well.

Harry put on his glasses. "Hermione-" but before Harry could finish his sentence, I flung my arms around him.

"It's all over! It was not a dream!" I said, so excited that tears were streaming down my face.

"What-? You mean . . . Voldemort . . . I really killed him?" Harry asked, uncertain.

"Yes!"

"Ow. That would explain why-ow-my entire body's-ow-sore," Ron said, slowly sitting up. Harry was too happy, however. He laughed and spun me around the room. But I caught sight of his eyes and then stopped.

We went back to the common room and were greeted by Dumbledore's Army. I was too distracted, so I decided to go up the dormitory.

Why did seeing his eyes feel that way? I didn't feel that way before.

Or did I?

Saving me from the troll . . . staying by my side until all my fur was gone . . . saving me from those Dementors . . . worrying about him during the Triwizard . . . saving me at the Ministry . . . comforting me when Ron was with Lavender . . . caring for me when Ron left. Oh. Oh.

"I-I'm in love with Harry?" I said to my reflection. Then, trumpets began blaring in my head. Fireworks erupted. I remembered his touch from when he spun me around. It was electricity.

I went back to the common room.

"Ginny, could I talk to you for a while?" I asked.

"Sure," she replied. I dragged her upstairs to the dormitory and made sure I locked the door.

"You know that you are my best girlfriend, right?"

"Um, duh," she replied.

"Then promise me you won't tell this secret to anybody. Especially the two."

"Ron and Harry? What secret?"

"Say you promise first."

"Okay! I promise."

I took a deep breath. "I think I'm in love with him."

"Who? Ron or Harry?"

"Harry."

"Then tell him," Ginny advised. "Wow, this secret is easy."

"I don't want to ruin our friendship," I admitted. "He just killed Voldemort. I don't want to shake him up. He needs time."

"It's up to you," Ginny shrugged.

Later that day, McGonagall talked to us regarding our future plans.

"Ron and I want to go Auror training," Harry said.

"I want to finish my NEWTs," I said.

"I'm with Hermione," Neville agreed.

"I guess we have to finish school too," Ginny said. Luna nodded in agreement.

When the Professor dismissed them, I automatically burst.

"You're going training without finishing school?" I asked Harry.

"It'll be okay," he replied. "McGonagall talked to Kingsley. He said it was fine.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked, my voice softer.

"The training camp is in Scotland," Harry replied. My eyes widened. "Training will take two years."

"Seriously?"

"Yep. That's why it's okay that we didn't finish NEWTs we could continue there."

I stared at Harry. I would lose two best friends for two years.

"No losing contact, okay?" I said.

"No losing contact," Harry repeated. He raised his right hand. "I promise."

I hugged him as if I won't let go.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->