Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hellfire by HogwartsHellion
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hellfire

HogwartsHellion

I haven't worked on this one in a while, and am in the middle of several other fics,(12 to be exact), so thank the plot bunnies for only three chapters. I'll hopefully get back soon, until then, R&R, and I still don't own HP.

CHAPTER 1

I sat in the kitchen of No. 12 Grimmauld Place, pushing my breakfast around with a distinct lack of enthusiasm. It wasn't until my watch beeped 0700 that I gave eating up as a lost cause, and got up. Pulling on my favorite leather jacket, I stepped outside. Looking around to make sure no one was watching, I apparated into the Ministry of Magic. I started working there as an auror three years ago, after the defeat of Voldemort. Strolling from the only non-warded room in the Ministry, I nodded to my fellow Aurors who stood guard outside the door. One called out something, so I turned.

"What was that, Steven?" I asked, walking back up to the young Auror Trainee.

"You look terrible this morning, Harry. Long night?" He asked, leaning against the wall, grinning. I raised an eyebrow.

"Kingsley wants to see you. Real urgent."

"Thanks." I turned and walked away.

"See ya, Harry!"

I smiled as I walked into a lift. Grumbling, creaking, and whining, the lift carried me away. Stepping out when it jarred to a halt, I made my way through the morning crowd to the Head of the Auror Office, Kingsley Shacklebolt. Knocking on the door, I heard Kingsley's deep, slow voice tell me to come in. Entering, I closed the door behind me and was surprised to see my best friend, Hermione Granger, sitting in one of the chairs behind the desk.

"Hi Harry!" She said, bounding out of the chair and hugging me hard. By the time my stunned brain told my body to react, she had already let go.

"Hey Hermione. How are you?" I asked, sitting at the wave of my superior.

"Wonderful. Kingsley was just about to tell me why he called us here.", she said, sitting as well.

Kingsley sighed. He looked at the ceiling, toyed with his earring, and finally spoke.

"We have a problem." I raised that eyebrow again. Giving me a sharp look, he continued.

"A Dark Mage has been spotted in the U.S." Hermione gasped and I raised my eyebrow again. She explained after I shot her a quizzical look.

"Harry, a Dark Mage is an extremely powerful witch or wizard that can reach into different planes of existence. Dementors and Hellhounds? They are both summoned by a Dark Mage."

I leaned back, my hands on my face. After a moment, I spoke.

"Why are you telling us this? I mean, it's the American's problem."

Kingsley grimaced.

"They aren't equipped with the knowledge or the people strong enough to handle it. Besides, this is a global problem. So we're sending our best to help." He said.

"That means me," I grinned slightly. He nodded.

"And five others of your choice. You'll need help, but I'm letting you choose." I half turned to Hermione.

"Of course," she said, smiling at me. I smiled back. Kingsley spoke, standing.

"Get the rest of your team together and I will give you the full briefing. I need not tell you to hurry, or be careful who you trust with this information." I nodded. Hermione and I shook hands with the Head Auror, and left. As we wound through the many Ministry workers, I turned to her.

"Lunch? Im buying." She smirked at me.

"Are you asking me out?" She asked. I stopped and thought for a second.

"I guess I am," I replied, smiling at her.

"Well, then, yes."

We went to a muggle restaurant, and after we ordered our drinks, she spoke up.

"So who else are you bringing?"

"If they will come, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and Luna. I know I can trust them."

"Mhmm." Hermione replied as we sipped our drinks.

"How are things in the Magical Creatures Rights Department?"

"Wonderful. We've just about convinced all the house elves to stand up for better living conditions!" She gushed, showing such passion that I laughed. Then she swelled up and demanded to know what I was laughing at.

"Y-you," I gasped. She swelled up even further. "You have such passion for this its...its hilarious!"

She started giggling too, and soon we were laughing like crazy.