Unofficial Portkey Archive

Needs by litfreak89
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Needs

litfreak89

Disclaimer: I own nothing!

A/N: So… almost 2,000 hits in 2 days? Dang… Obviously I should have written smut and hated on Weasleys a long time ago! Thanks for the response on this story! I'd lie and say I have this all planned out, but…Sure! Go ahead and believe it!

Andromeda picked Teddy up, rocking the one-month-old infant, holding her grandson tightly in her arms as she readied herself for the day. She had given Minerva McGonagall the task of taking care of Remus and Dora's bodies; she couldn't bear to see her daughter right now, not like that.

Teddy had been perfect; at least he was small enough not to be affected by the loss of his parents. However, she grieved the fact that he would miss out on having his mother and father, two loving parents to guide him as he grew. She wasn't old, but Andromeda knew she was too old to be a good mother to her grandson.

Knock, knock!

Holding her wand in her free hand, the grandmother cautiously walked to the front door, peeking out the window at her visitors. A nervous-looking Harry Potter and Hermione Granger were looking around, waiting for the door to be opened. Andromeda, still cautious, was not taking any chances.

"Harry Potter," she said through the door, catching the teens' attention, "my son-in-law had three friends throughout his time at Hogwarts, and three in the time afterwards. However, only two were there the entire time. Who were they?"

The boy smiled sadly. "That'd be my father, Prongs, and my godfather, Padfoot. The one who deserted them was Wormtail, and my mother was his friend at the time of her death."

Andromeda flung the door open, grabbing Harry as tightly as she could without hurting the bundle between them. He pulled back, and, looking down at Teddy, he asked, "Remus told you everything about what happened to my parents that night?"

"He thought we deserved to know since we were in this war as much as they were. When Ted had to leave, it almost killed Dora, but she stayed strong for Teddy here. I…I just can't believe she's gone." Tears filled her eyes as she watched Harry take in his godson. He had been freed of one responsibility, but another, just as heavy, or heavier, had replaced it.

"May I hold him?" Harry asked somewhat pleadingly.

Instead of answering verbally, Andromeda handed the infant over to Harry. Stepping back, she looked over at the girl standing beside the raven-haired wizard. Hermione Granger had struck the older woman as brilliant from the moment she had seen her first, and Remus liked to joke that Miss Granger would one day be Minister if she set her mind to it. From what Andromeda had heard, Hermione Granger had been the brains behind Harry's defeat of Voldemort; from the time they began Hogwarts, this young girl had stuck by Harry, never deserting him once, not even now when he was taking on a task greater than he could imagine.

"How are you, Hermione?"

The brunette looked up, smiling. "I'm well. Much better than yesterday." Concern filled her eyes. "And you, Mrs. Tonks? How are you?" Andromeda shook her head.

"It's just a lot to take in. Come on, you two. Let's go inside a bit. He's little, but Teddy can get heavy if you stand with him for too long." The trio made their way inside, and Harry sat on the couch, and Hermione sat by him, her finger wrapped in Teddy's small one.

"Want some tea, you two?" Andromeda headed to the kitchen. At their nod, the older witch headed into the kitchen, glad to have something to do. She quickly fixed the drinks, bringing sugar, milk, and honey out for the teens to doctor their own cups. However, just before stepping out of the kitchen, she saw something that made her stop.

Hermione was holding Teddy, and Harry had his arm around the girl, his other hand under the baby's head as if he were showing Hermione how to hold the infant. She could hear Hermione laugh and tell Harry that she knew what the hell she was doing; it wasn't the first time she'd held a baby. Harry grinned at her and, after staring at her a bit, leaned in and kissed her. Hermione smiled into the kiss and pulled back, looking down at Teddy and talking to him in gibberish. Teddy had awakened by now, and he was kicking his feet, enjoying the noises Hermione was making.

Andromeda smiled and walked out, carrying the tea. "So, he finally woke up, did he?"

Harry looked up and grinned. "He did. He's quite taken with Hermione here."

The older witch smiled knowingly. "He takes after his godfather in that respect, I take it?"

Both teens blushed at this, and Hermione busied herself straightening Teddy's blanket. Harry then turned to Andromeda and smiled sadly.

"At least he was bright enough to let her know the first time he saw her and didn't wait seven years like I did."

Hermione scolded softly. "Harry…"

"Well, it's true." Looking back at Andromeda, Harry said, "You'd think having a dark lord on your arse would scare you into revealing your feelings a little more freely, but no…I just brooded."

Andromeda shook her head sadly. "I swear James, Remus, and Sirius were all related. You sounded just like Remus there, Harry. He swore so many times that he'd wasted so much time running from Dora, that he could have had so much with her had he just stopped and let her catch him."

Harry sat back, having taken Teddy back from Hermione, and placed the baby up on his chest, stroking his back softly. "I remember Remus coming by Grimmauld after finding out Tonks was pregnant. He was running scared. I forced his arse to come back home; he couldn't desert this baby, not intentionally. Remus loved Tonks too much for that."

Hermione nodded. "They didn't have to die. Tonks ran out looking for him; she had to be where he was. They went together." She wiped a tear as she looked at Harry and smiled sadly.

"At least they were together. I tried to get Dora to stay here with Teddy, but she refused. She had to get to Remus, had to see if he was okay, had to be at the battle with everyone else. If either had lived and lost the other, I think that would have killed the other. Maybe…" a sob choked the woman, "maybe it's better this way. But I still can't help knowing I lost a daughter, a son, and Teddy lost a mother and father in this!"

Hermione quickly stood and walked across the room, hugging Andromeda. "We'll always have a part of those two with us. Who knows? Maybe Teddy'll be a Metamorphmagus who likes his meat a little rare."

Andromeda laughed a bit at this, clutching Hermione a bit tighter. "Thank you, Hermione." Pulling back, she looked into the younger woman's sincere brown eyes. "I'm glad Harry has you."

Hermione smiled back, then turned to look at Harry. "He always has. I'm just glad I still have him."

Andromeda nodded. "Never forget to be thankful for each other, you two." Wiping her eyes, she stood and walked towards Harry. "Now, I think Teddy here is due for a changing."

Harry's eyebrows shot up. "So, that's what that smell was!" Pulling Teddy off his shoulder and smiling down at the infant, Harry said, "And here I thought it was Auntie Hermione the whole time!"

Hermione's mouth fell open. "Why you…"

Andromeda laughed. "Let me take care of Teddy while you take care of Harry, Hermione. Can't let him get away with comments like that, or they'll never stop." The older woman walked from the room, leaving the teenagers alone for the moment. The moment she was gone, Hermione narrowed her eyes and walked towards Harry, who gulped at his best friend…girlfriend…friend with benefit…what the hell was Hermione?

"What the hell are we, Hermione?"

That stopped the girl in her tracks. "What do you mean, Harry?"

Harry stood. "I mean, we've had sex twice, three times if you count the shower last night, which I do, and we've told each other that we love each other. What the hell are we? Still best friends? Boyfriend/girlfriend? Friends with benefits?"

Hermione bit her lip, and that little action did more to drive Harry crazy than Ginny taking her entire top off last night. However, he watched patiently as she analyzed the situation in her head. Finally:

"Well, obviously we're still best friends." She marked this point off with her index finger. Next, "Therefore, we are friends with benefits, if you think about everything in that aspect." Harry shrugged a bit, seeing the logic. Then: "However, I don't see you, Harry, as anything more than the man I love, the man I've taken care of for the last seven, almost eight years. Why should we have to define our relationship any more than that right now? I mean, if we ever get engaged or married, then our relationship will be more legally defined, but oomph--!"

Harry had had enough of her analysis and her maddening lip biting. He finally shut her blabbering mouth up with his own, and she obviously didn't mind, wrapping her arms around his neck and playing in his messy hair.

"Tsk, tsk, Hermione. He'll think he can get away with anything now just by snogging you!" Andromeda laughed as she walked back into the room. The couple broke apart slowly, not ashamed of being caught, but slightly red at the intensity at which they had already reached in someone else's home.

"Well, Andromeda, I never have been able to tell him no. The snogging's just an added bonus." Hermione grinned at their host.

Andromeda sat down. "I put Teddy down for a bit. Now, talk to me. I know that you two are usually flanked by a third member; where's Ron?"

As Harry and Hermione sat down, they looked at each other. "He didn't exactly take our relationship well. We…ah…you see…" Hermione began.

"He bloody left us while we were hiding out this year. He deserted us because we weren't moving at the pace he thought we should be moving. Food was running low, it was cold, and we weren't exactly the nicest to each other. He couldn't handle it, and he ran. While he was gone, Hermione and I got closer." Reddening a bit, Harry added, "Much closer, but we didn't mention it when he came back. However, last night, everything came to blows, and now neither he nor Ginny Weasley is speaking to us."

"Bugger it, Harry!" Hermione looked at Andromeda, whom she was quickly gaining respect for and said, "Ginny seduced Harry last night, and he went and said my name during sex. Ron and I overheard him, and Ron and Ginny flipped, as would be expected." Looking back at Harry, she smirked. "She's a grown woman, Harry. No need to be that vague."

Andromeda was doubled over at the two. "Seriously? Gods, Harry! You are too much like Sirius and James for it to be healthy!" Looking back at Hermione, she laughed, "Get out while you can." Then she slowly caught her breath and said, "But, then again, you're enough like Lily Evans that the Potter men hold a certain appeal, I guess. So, where are you two staying now? I can imagine Hogwarts is a mess, not to mention awkward."

"Well," Hermione answered, "we went to McGonagall and gave her a vague overview, and she let us stay in the DADA professor's quarters last night, and we could probably stay there for a while."

The older witch shook her head. "That won't be necessary. You two go get your stuff and bring it back here. You can get to know Teddy, and I miss having people around. I'm sure if you want to help out around Hogwarts with the cleanup, Minerva will allow you to come and go as you please."

Harry's eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

"As I can possibly be. Harry, I was cut off from the Black family the day I married Ted Tonks. Technically, you're the only family, short of my grandson in there, I have left. Narcissa…I don't know if she'll ever come around. Sirius, before he died, and Ted made sure I was taken care of, so don't worry about money."

"Oh, that wasn't a concern. Sirius…"

"Left you well-off, I know. I was meaning that you shouldn't worry that I'm asking for money. I just want you two to have a home, at least as long as you want it. Hermione, I'm sure you'll want to go see your parents, won't you?"

Hermione's eyes filled with tears at the mention of her parents. "I do, but I have to find them first. They're somewhere in Australia; I know the general location, but…"

Harry grabbed her hand. "We'll find them; I promise. Let's get settled, make sure all of the danger's gone, then we'll go find them, okay?"

Hermione gave him a watery smile. "Okay." Looking back at Andromeda, she held up her beaded bag. "We're already packed."

Later that night, after sending McGonagall and Neville word about their location, Harry was standing in Teddy's room, walking around with him, singing softly to him a song he had only heard a few times in his childhood. Teddy was asleep on his shoulder, already familiar enough with his godfather to trust him infinitely. From her spot by the door, Hermione smiled and watched Harry lay the baby gently in his crib.

As he turned, she whispered, "I didn't know you could sing."

Harry jumped a bit, then hung his head. "I didn't know you were watching me. I left you asleep."

Hermione held out her hand, and Harry took it, following the brunette witch down the hall to their room, the guest room. Harry had refused to use Remus and Tonks's room, and Andromeda hadn't pushed it, neither wanting to go in this soon.

As they entered, Hermione muttered a silencing charm, ensuring the other occupants of the house would hear nothing going on in their room. Harry pulled his shirt off, and the two lay on the bed, amazingly comfortable with each other.

"You looked comfortable in there."

"Hmm?"

"With Teddy. Looked like it came naturally, the whole father-instinct thing."

Harry looked down at Hermione teasingly. "Father-instinct thing?"

"Prat. You know what I mean! Teddy's taken to you incredibly quickly."

Hermione could feel Harry breathe deeply. "That little boy…Gods, Hermione, he's my family, even if it's not by blood, which if wizarding lineage is correct, he is blood through Tonks, but you know what I mean."

"Don't I always?"

He looked down at her. "Always have." Silence, then: "You know I love you, right?"

She reached up and kissed him, taking control of his mouth quickly, figuring that if the past was any indication, she was in for a rough night. However, Harry surprised her. He rolled her on her back, taking her shirt off slowly.

"I don't want a shag tonight, love. I want to show you how much I care about you." He went ahead and said the contraceptive spell, all the time pulling her pajama shorts down and throwing them on the floor. He dropped his head and took her already-hardened nipple in his mouth, playing with her other breast with his left hand. A moan left her lips; she couldn't believe she was already this turned on without them throwing each other around, without biting and the filthy language that had accompanied their other bouts of lovemaking.

Harry's tongue left her right nipple and moved to her left, giving the two equal amounts of attention. Hermione grabbed Harry's head, pulling him closer as she felt his teeth graze her nipple without actually biting it. As he teased her, she felt his hand travel down her stomach and past her knickers, stopping only when it reached…

"THERE!! Merlin, Harry!" Harry grinned from his spot on her chest as she tried to suffocate him in her bosom, holding him so tightly that he thought he'd never breathe again. But what a way to go, eh? Harry allowed his fingers to explore deeper, concentrating on what sound she made when he moved to each location. He wanted to learn her and make her feel good.

Finally, he hit it, that spot that made her squeal like the time the two had ridden Buckbeak together. He pulled back from his ministrations on her breasts and focused solely on going south. Keeping his right hand moving inside her, he moved her knickers to the side, then thought Are you a wizard, or not? before getting rid of them completely without having to stop what he was doing. Bending down, he found her clit easily; it was hard and erect, drawing his attention to it, begging to be attended to.

"Harry, come on, fuck me already!"

There she was… Little Miss Prefect who had never let a curse word worse than `damn' past those perfect lips of hers…he had defiled her quickly. Harry smiled. He brought out the worst…ah…best in the pretty brunette.

"Not yet, love. I'm taking care of you right now." With that, he bent down and licked her clit, feeling her shake as he inserted a third finger, feeling her get wetter as she writhed more under him.

"Gods, Harry! I'm…Where'd you learn this?"

But Harry couldn't answer. His mouth was busy exploring Hermione, and from Hermione's increasingly vulgar mouth, she was enjoying it a great deal.

"Bloody hell, Harry! I'm…I'm…" Harry felt her orgasm without her having to say a word. But that didn't mean that she didn't try to wake Andromeda and Teddy with the news that she had indeed had the best orgasm of her life. Thank Merlin for silencing charms.

Crawling up beside her, Harry looked down at Hermione, who was still flushed and breathing heavily. "Holy shit, Harry, that was amazing."

"Have I ever told you that I love your dirty talk?"

She smirked. "Well, let me show you what else you're going to love." With that, she rolled over on top of him, easing back and taking off his pajama pants slowly. His dick flew up and pre-cum already coated the tip; he was ready for her. She smiled and looked at Harry. "Looks like we're in for some more fun."

"Fast and rough?"

"You wish." She sat back and eased the tip of his dick into her still dripping pussy, barely pushing him past the entrance, before pulling out again. She then did it again, and again, going a little further down each time, driving Harry crazy with desire, until he was completely sheathed inside of her.

"What the hell are you doing to me, woman?"

"Driving you crazy, you daft man." Hermione took that moment to just sit on his dick and pull Harry up into a kiss. Looking into his eyes, she smiled. "I love you too. Just thought I'd throw that out there, you know."

"Well, that's nice to know, since this would be awkward if you said you didn't." Harry laughed but leaned in to kiss her again, this time with more passion. He loved this feeling; he was as close to Hermione as he could possibly be with nothing, absolutely nothing, separating the two. "I truly do love you, Hermione Granger, and although it's soon, I intend on making you mine one day."

That smirk again. "I like the way that sounds, Harry. However, you're going to be just as much mine." With that, she began moving her hips as she kissed Harry's neck. Soon, the two were moving much more quickly, but with just as much love and passion as before. Harry felt his release building, so he reached down and found Hermione's clit, circling it until he felt her walls clench around him. He soon followed her into oblivion, and the two fell back onto the bed and fell asleep tangled in a mass of limbs and messy hair. Harry had the presence of mind enough to throw the bed's quilt over the two of them before joining Hermione in a peaceful, contented sleep.

"Ronald, where are Harry and Hermione? I thought they would have joined us by now." Molly looked up from her knitting and at her youngest son. He'd been acting strangely since the night after the battle when he and Hermione had gone off looking for Harry. He had come back late, so she didn't have a chance to ask him about it. Ginny had told Molly that she was staying with some friends, and Molly was so relieved that Ginny seemed to be taking Fred's death so well that she allowed it. However, she did have the thought that she may be sneaking around with Harry.

"Harry and Hermione?" Ron's face turned red as he shifted to face his mother.

"Yes, you know, your two best friends? The ones you left us all and traveled with this last year?" Molly was curious about Ron's reaction.

He looked down at his book, something about Quidditch, and grumbled. "Hell if I know. Probably off somewhere together."

"What was that, love?"

"Have you asked Ginny where Harry is?"

Molly shook her head. "No, she said she was off with friends. I figured the two of them would work their relationship out when Harry settled down. The poor boy's been through a lot. But they'll pull through." Molly let a rare smile light her face. "Those two are perfect for one another. That's why I figured you knew where Hermione was; I thought that after everything settles down and we take care of all the…ah…arrangements, you could offer to go help her find her parents. She doesn't need to go alone."

"Why should I go help her?" Ron's face was more red than usual.

"Well, I thought you two were getting somewhere in your relationship." At his silence, she continued, "Oh, Ronald! Don't tell me you haven't even talked to her about it!"

George spoke up from his position across the room. "Oh, Mum, Ron's just pissed because Harry's shagging Hermione. Everyone could see that one coming! Now, could you just leave it alone?"

Molly's heart dropped ten feet under her five-foot frame. "Wh-what?"

Ron leapt up. "That's right, Mum! Hermione, the whore, she kissed me during the battle. However, afterwards, when we came looking for Harry that night, we found him and Ginny shagging in a bed up in Gryffindor Towers. Thing is, before we could leave, Harry called out Hermione's name! Turns out they shagged while we were out hunting horcruxes!"

Ginny walked in and sat down. "Thanks, Ron. Very classy of you." Looking at her shocked mother, she continued, "But I'm fine with it. I don't need Harry Potter. I have someone else."

Molly was as red as Ron was. "I'm overlooking the fact, Ginny, that you and Harry were doing that in the first place, but those two? Since when does Harry and Hermione…?"

Ron nodded excitedly. "I know! Hermione's been pining for me all this time, and now she wants to go screw Harry! Told me it wasn't any of my business if they had shagged from the moment I left to the time I got back…" he trailed off, realizing what he'd just told his mother.

"You left them? Alone? No wonder they turned to each other! Ronald Weasley, how could you be so…" Molly stopped and caught her breath. A bit calmer, she bit out, "Where are they now?"

"Neville told me earlier that they had left, but he wouldn't say where. They should be back tonight."

Molly nodded. "I'll take care of everything, Ronald. Don't worry."

Ginny just shook her head and walked out, heading back toward the Slytherin dungeons. She was wet already.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->