Unofficial Portkey Archive

War against Magiterran by E. C. R. Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

War against Magiterran

E. C. R. Potter

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter series belongs to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros. Inc., Scholastic, Bloomsbury, Raincoast, and any other affiliated party.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chapter 2: The Delegates from Durmstrang

A few days later, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil were taking one of their customary "breaks" from their jobs when a hooded figure wrapped up in a brown cloak made their way toward the two ladies in waiting.

"Is Queen Hermione here?" asked a clear feminine voice.

Lavender immediately sprang to her job. "Uh yes. She should be in the west wing. What should I say to her?"

"Just tell her that Ginny Weasley is here to see her," said the figure.

"OK, I'll tell her majesty that Ginny Weasley is here to see her." Lavender made a dash for the west wing.

* * * * * * * * * *

Hermione was in the nursery gazing down at her sleeping babies. It was a slightly odd sight with the Queen in all her royal violet robes and jeweled tiara on her head looking down into the crib with the two sleeping babies. But Hermione was a muggle-born, born and raised as a commoner and personally had no cares for her Royal office although she was willing to use it for the sake of helping those in need.

For Hermione, her first priorities were her duties as a wife and now as a mother. A Mother, even after nine months of pregnancy and the trying experience of childbirth, Hermione still had a hard time comprehending the fact that she was a mother. She was the mother of the children of the most wonderful man in Magiterran and she loved him not because of his Royal background but for whom he was.

Hermione lovingly stroked the hair of her twins. "I love you two so much," she whispered. "But I wish your father were here. I miss him already and he's only been gone for a day." Hermione sighed. She and Harry had virtually never been apart throughout the entire year they had been married. Harry had stuck by her throughout the entire pregnancy, amidst the morning sickness, hunger cravings, mood swings, and the fact that she had nearly crushed Harry's hand when she went into labor. Sometimes she wondered how lucky she was to have the love of her husband. There were times when she couldn't help but chuckle about the fact that none of this happiness would have happened if she hadn't been stupid and kissed Harry during the birthday celebration of a good friend.

It was around then that Lavender ran into the nursery. Hermione smiled. "Yes Lavender? What brings you up here?"

"Your Majesty, a Ginny Weasley is here to see you."

"Speak of the devil," said Hermione. She rushed out of the room eager to greet her old friend.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Ginny? Is that you?" said Hermione.

"Hello Hermione," said a familiar voice from under the brown hood.

"What are you doing here? And why are you all dressed up like that?"

"Well Hermione," said Ginny with a teasing voice, "I wanted to show you something." Ginny threw off the cloak. Hermione gasped when she saw that Ginny was wearing very familiar armor and a scarlet cape. She had seen the same armor on Harry and Ron only that Ginny's visor had dove wings that went well with her long red hair. She had a thin sword holstered at her waist.

Hermione starred at her friend, her eyes wide. "Ginny? Does this mean…"

Ginny made a small bow. "Your majesty, you are looking at Sir Virginia Weasley, newly appointed Mage Knight."

Hermione hugged her old friend. "Ginny, that's wonderful. I always knew you had it in you."

"Mum wasn't exactly thrilled about my prospects as a Mage Knight," said Ginny. "But I said that if I wasn't aloud to become one, then I'd take after Fred and George and become a court jester." The two laughed out loud. Hermione sobered up.

"Harry asked you to come here, didn't he?"

Ginny sighed. "Yes, he wants some Mage Knights here to protect you while he's away. Sir Cho Chang is here as well." Hermione was about say something when Ginny said, "Now don't complain, Hermione. I know that you're completely capable of protecting yourself, but you've just given birth. Please don't turn our protection away, if not for yourself than for the your children."

Hermione sighed and gave in. "OK, I'll accept your protection." She grinned as she took a hold of Ginny's arm. "So tell me, how have your brothers been doing?"

* * * * * * * * * *

A Black ship was sailing toward Magiterran. A splendid yet dark ship that appeared to have been through many an icy winter and battlefield. The ship anchored itself in Beauxbaton port.

Many an important looking person strolled out of the ship down the carpeted road. But they all moved out of the way for the most important looking man who strolled out of the ship. He towered over most of the people around him. He had thick eyebrows, a dark complexion, and a hooked nose that reminded people of a bird of prey. He was wearing the most expensive looking purple robes, was carrying a golden scepter and had a blood red crown on his head.

"King Viktor Krum of Durmstrang!" announced the herald. Viktor Krum strolled his way to the waiting citizens of Magiterran.

"I hav come to zis land in peace," he said. "Are youv the rulers ov zis four-kingdom Alliance?"

The four rulers of the Alliance stepped forward to greet the foreign king.

The first was one King Justin Finch Fletchly of Hufflepuff. He had only been on the throne for about a month. He was wearing plain yellow robes of a farmer. But he had a few topaz rings. He came forward and shook Krum's hand.

The second was Queen Penelope Clearwater of Ravenclaw. She was wearing plain priest's robes and was carrying a few books. She had one sapphire ring. Standing behind her was Prime Minister Percy Weasley her betrothed. Penelope also shook his hand but Krum had a slight look of disdain on his face for a brief moment.

The third ruler was Draco Malfoy of Slytherin. He was wearing very elegant, kingly, green robes and emerald encrusted jewelry and was also carrying a silver scepter. "Welcome to Magiterran," he announced with high pomp and flair as he shook Krum's hand.

Finally, Krum came to Harry who was wearing his Mage Knight armor and red cape. He also had his ruby encrusted sword holstered on his waist. It was clear that while the other three rulers were former Mage Knights, King Harry Potter of Gryffindor was still a fully active Mage Knight. Standing with Harry was Ron and Harry's herald, Neville Longbottom. Rather than shake Krum's hand, Harry made a polite bow.

"Ah, Harry Potter," said Krum. "Tales uv your valiancy hav reached even us across za sea." He turned to the other rulers. "Shall ve proceed?" The Alliance rulers all acknowledged and made their way to the conference hall.

* * * * * * * * * *

The conference with the delegates of Durmstrang was going successfully. Within hours the Alliance had established trade of commerce and technology. It looked like diplomatic relations would soon be established between Durmstrang and the Alliance.

"Well, I believe that was a successful conference?" said Draco. "Lets just sign the forms and all shake hands."

"Not so fast," said Krum. "If ve are to hav diplomatic relations, than our side must hav ze necessary accommodations."

"Oh, and what may that be?" asked Draco.

"Queen Hermio-ninny."

Harry spat out the tea he was drinking. "What?!"

"I vould like to hav Queen Hermio-ninny," said Krum.

Harry was now seething with anger. He slowly composed himself as he hissed, "And exactly what do you want with my wife?"

"Ve hav heard tales ov Queen Hermio-ninny in our land. I vould like to hav her for myself."

If Ron and Neville hadn't held him back, Harry would've killed Krum on the spot.

"Zis is a one time offer," said Krum. "If I can not hav Queen Hermio-ninny, zen zere vill be no peace between our lands."

"This is an act of war," hissed Harry. "If you dare even talk about my wife as a commodity you will pay!"

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Harry," said Penelope. "An insult to Gryffindor is an insult to the Alliance." Justin also stood by Harry. Draco however seemed a little reluctant.

"Very vell," said Krum. He stood up and started to make his way out of the building. "You've just ruined your chance for peace. But I vill have vhat I vant." He left and went back to his ship.

It was only after he had gone that Harry realized the full implications of Krum's words. "Oh my God." Harry turned and shouted, "Ron, Neville, we have to get back to Godric's Hollow NOW!"

"What?" asked Ron.

"Don't you realize what he just said?!" shouted Harry. "They're going to kidnap Hermione!" Ron and Neville immediately got the idea and the three Gryffindors dashed to their horses, hoping that they could get back to the Royal Palace in time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N So, how was chapter two? Did you like it? Are you anticipating for more? Well then, R/R. So why do people have a small fear of Mage Knights? Well wouldn't you be slightly apprehensive about people with so much power? It's natural to fear what is stronger than you. Next: Everybody grab a piece of tissue because it's a VERY sad chapter.