Unofficial Portkey Archive

Always Flawed by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Always Flawed

theweirdgirl

Chapter Five

"And I don't want the world to see me.

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.

When everything's made to be broken,

I just want you to know who I am."

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Meet me in front of the Slytherin Commons.

-Blaise

We've had this sort of communication for the past two weeks. He tells me where to meet him and I do. This week, we have to animate something that we doodled on parchment. It had to be sustained for a week, which is pretty bloody hard to do. I placed the bookmark into my book and set it down. I got up from the bed and began my trek down to the Slytherin dungeons. I knocked once. Twice. Three times. Eventually, Blaise opened up and gave me a cheeky smile.

"Hello, Ginger," he grinned, using the nickname he appointed me in the second week.

"'Lo," was my monosyllabic reply.

He led me up to the 7th year boy's dormitory, keeping the door wide open. He gives me no reason to misplace my trust in him. He's always very gentle, caring and chivalrous. Merlin, we need more guys like that. Preferably straight. Something Blaise isn't. Shame. He's had his eye on Colin since his fourth year. I don't think either of them noticed it. They both contrast each other: Blaise with his dark hair and bright eyes and Colin with his light hair and shadowed eyes. I think they'd make a cute couple…

"So… what do you think we should do? I was debating between the Cannons versus the Falcons or a rendition of the Weird Sister's concert."

"Are you mad? We have to draw it."

He smiled and handed me two sheaves of paper. One had a perfect sketch of the Wronski Feint play by the Cannons and the other had the replicate of the Weird Sisters performing on stage. My jaw dropped.

"This is… wow… I can't even explain it. I didn't know you could draw so well."

"Well, I needed to do something in my spare time besides read."

"And to think, I was about to suggest either a tree or a stick figure," I chuckled.

We decided on the Quidditch and spent the entire evening trying to make them move. As for dinner, we got so caught up in laughing, we completely forgot it altogether. All as well. I hadn't been eating much, only the occasional nibble hear and there. I drank loads of water, though. I guess I'm a masochist. I like the hunger pains. Eventually, I headed back up to the Gryffindor towers and headed straight for the 6th year girl's dormitory, not wanting to face anyone. Blaise and I have to meet after classes to work more on the picture.

I grabbed my book, my towel and my robe and headed into the bathroom. Since everyone was eating dinner, I had it all to myself. I filled the small tub with lukewarm water and green apple scented soap. I stripped down to the nude and slowly let myself be enveloped into the tub. Ecstasy filled me. It felt so nice to just relax. With my wand, I conjured a few vanilla scented candles. The smell always soothed my jittery nerves. I opted to go the entire mile and cast some music. As I read, I heard John Rzeznik crooning Iris with his mellow voice. By the time I finished my book, my skin was sort of wrinkled and girls were knocking to see if I was done. I dried myself off, brushed my teeth and went back to the room. I slipped into a pair of cotton pajama pants and a tank top. I slid into bed and tried to sleep, but failed.

Hours later, I was still twisting and turning. I huffed. This was useless. I got up and threw on a pair of fuzzy pink slippers. I grabbed my wand and began my walk to the kitchen for a glass of water.

"Who's there?" a voice boomed.

Damn it.

"Weasley," Malfoy drawled in his irritating deep voice. "Out for a midnight rendezvous? I might have to write you up."

I rolled my eyes none too subtly.

"Please, Malfoy. I just need to get water."

I continued to walk. He followed. I could hear his footsteps. He fell into a synchronized line, walking beside me. His arm gently brushed mine, causing me to shiver slightly.

"You don't have to come with me."

"I know."

"You weren't invited," I mumbled to myself.

His eyebrow quirked. "I know."

We were silent as we walked to the kitchen. I tickled the pear and the handle appeared. He opened the door, allowing me to pass. I sat down and a house elf immediately bounded over to me.

"What is the missus be wanting?" he squeaked.

Or I'm guessing it's a he.

"Just a glass of ice water, thanks."

Malfoy sat across from me, staring into my eyes. I never noticed how stark they were. The mercurial depths called out to me. I blinked. What the hell was I thinking?

"You know," he said gently. "The offer still stands."

I gave his a disgusted look.

"I mean, we could help each other."

He caught my interest.

"You could use me to get rid of your stress, problems and all the difficulty of everyday life. I could help you get rid of your demons and those skeletons in your closet."

"What's in it for you?" I queried cautiously.

"The company of a sexy redhead."

Involuntarily, I blushed. Damn cheeks.

"So… What do you say?"

I paused for a while to mull it over. I weighed the pros and cons. There was nothing wrong with a little self-indulgence, overlooking the fact that he's my family's rival. This could have its advantages…

"Give me a while to think about it."

"Fine. When you make up your mind, you know where to find me."

And just like that, he left. I slowly sipped my water in silence, watching the fire crackle in the fireplace. It sounded oddly nice to be able to use something besides my fingers. I drained it in a few more gulps and left, heading back to my dormitory. This time, however, I had no trouble sleeping.

-->