Unofficial Portkey Archive

Always Flawed by theweirdgirl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Always Flawed

theweirdgirl

Chapter Six

"Looking for a place to call my home,
Where will I sleep tonight, even I don't know.
You ask yourself, "Is this how I want to live?"
When empty hands have nothing more to give."

The Ataris - Better Way

"All the tables are full," I mumbled incessantly.

"Well, of course, Weasley. They need to do the project also, don't you know," Blaise murmured.

"Yeah, yeah. Hey! Look! There's Colin!"

I dragged Blaise along by his hand until we reached his and Malfoy's table. To tell you the truth, I've been contemplating his proposition for days. It was going to be some kind of learning experience. If I took it.

"Hello, Gin. Why don't you join us?"

"Sure."

We sat down, adjacent to our best friends. Malfoy ignored us altogether and kept his head down, doing his work. Blaise cocked his head sideways, as if he were confused. Blaise pulled out a sheaf of papers, all containing what we were to do for the week. This week, we were learning about electricity and the rubber ducky. We had to write an essay for each group, describing them in detail and what they do. Electricity was easy. It was the ducky that was stumbling me.

"What've you gotten so far?" I asked.

"Electricity is like their central magic system. It does a majority of things that range from light, heat and cooking. It's fascinating."

"Fabulous," Blaise drawled sullenly.

He should really just tell Colin. It would make my life a lot easier.

"Colin. Meet Blaise. Blaise. Say hello to Colin and go have freakishly beautiful kids together."

Of course I didn't say that. Or… maybe I did… Maybe that's why they're looking at me funny. However, Blaise took my words to heart. He pulled Colin forward by his ears and kissed him roughly. Colin's face flushed dangerously, but he kissed back with much wicked intention.

"Hm. Okay. That worked out well," I murmured.

"Thanks a lot, Weasley. Now my partner is crazy glued to yours. How am I going to get my work done?" Malfoy sneered.

"Sod yourself."

"That's what you're there for," he leered.

"Up yours."

"No thanks, sweetheart."

"Hey. It's almost lunch time," Blaise commented.

I didn't know that he had detached his face from Colin.

"Oh. That reminds me. I have to… go visit Hagrid!" I blurted.

"You should eat with us first," Blaise said with a tone of warning.

"No. You should go on without me," I replied, trying to smile.

"I'll go with you," Colin offered.

It would be weird if I adamantly said no.

"If you want to."

"Me, too," Blaise piped up.

"What is this? A gathering?" Malfoy snickered.

"Sure. Would you like to come along?" Blaise suggested.

He weighed his options and nodded lightly. Damn. I wanted to go alone.

"After this, we can go eat lunch."

They all agreed enthusiastically.

"What's wrong, Gin? You don't seem too happy."

"Nothing. I'm just a bit tired."

And it was true. I hadn't had much energy in the past month. No food equals no energy. When I'm hungry, all I eat is maybe an orange. It's really not very fulfilling. However, I'm losing a lot of weight. My friends had commented on how good I look. It was well worth it.

* * * * *

"Good ter see ya, Ginny," Hagrid greeted.

"You, too," I replied courteously.

He looked at Malfoy disapprovingly, but said nothing.

"Do you need any help?"

"Sure. Can you lot bring this stuff down ter Professor Snape's room. Don't want him ter be burnt by them Wagalots," he mumbled solemnly.

We all took a box of what felt like bricks to the dungeons. The putrid smell overwhelmed me. I felt sort of faint. I closed my eyes while walking and shook it off. This was no time to get a dizzy spell. Blaise gently knocked on the door with the box, being rewarded by a loud screech, which set off a chain reaction. Snape immediately opened the door.

"What is the meaning of this ruckus?" he snapped.

"Professor Hagrid requested that these be sent to your room, sir," Blaise injected over the noise.

Snape studied the four of us and nodded tightly.

"Set them on the floor gently. You've done enough harm to these creatures already," he snarled.

We did as we were told and left. Once the deadbolt was secure, we burst out in laughter. I'm not sure any of us knew why we were laughing, but it eased my hunger pains.

"Alright. That's done with. Let's go get lunch. I'm as hungry as hell," Blaise grinned.

"Oh, darn," I muttered. "I still have unfinished parchment for McGonagall's class. I have her next. I'll see you guys later."

Without another word, I ran toward the staircase and sprinted for the tower. Half an hour later, I was bored. I began to write a letter to none other than the Prince of Darkness.

Dear Malfoy Draco,

I've been contemplating your offer for a while and I believe that it's a shame to waste such an offer and I've decided to accept. If it's still available, of course. Meet me in front of the Room of Requirement tomorrow at 10:30 pm. I'm sure you know where it is located.

- G

I smiled, rewrote the letter without the cross out and sent it to his room. Now to wait until tomorrow…


-->