Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Fear Within by MisCard
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Fear Within

MisCard

~Here it is, the final chapter of 'The Fear Within'. I hope you enjoy, and please review!!!~

Almost one year later...


"I hate you!" screamed Hermione, squeezing Harry's hand so hard it made him flinch.

"I know Luv" he said softly.

"I mean it, you're never touching me again!" Hermione closed her eyes and panted, hating the pain that was ripping through her body. She swore to herself then and there that she was never doing this again, no matter what.

Harry watched as a bead of sweat rolled from Hermione's forehead down her cheek, and remembered what had led them up to this moment.

Nine months earlier...


"I can't believe we just graduated!" said Ron, grinning from ear to ear. He, Harry and Hermione were walking back from the Quidditch pitch where the ceremony had been held, and they were making their way up to Gryffindor Tower for the big party. Everyone would be heading home tomorrow morning, so Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan had planned a farewell party, that way everyone could celebrate and say their goodbyes.

Ron kept babbling on about finally being free of Hogwarts, and how he couldn't wait to start practice with the Chudley Cannons; he was going to be their back up Keeper. After what happened to him in Greece, the doctors hadn't been sure he would ever be able to play again. They had stopped the internal bleeding, but half of the bones in his body had been broken, and even though they were able to mend them magically, Ron had had some problems walking at first and needed some physical therapy, which was very unusual for a wizard. He had stuck to it though and worked really hard, and he was finally back to his old self again.

They had all left the cave that day and had immediately made their way to the hospital to see him. Once they had been assured that he would be ok, Harry and Hermione had made their way back to Conlan. The minute Hermione saw him, she had started crying and swearing that she was never going to leave him again. Mrs. Weasley had immediately went to Ron and fussed over him until he was released from hospital; he said he had never been so glad to get away from his Mum before in his life.

Everyone had all traveled back to Hogwarts together and met up with Dumbledore to explain to him everything that had happened. Of course Remus had given him a quick run-down of the events that day, but he had wanted specifics, and they gave them to him. Harry had been surprised when Remus said that Dumbledore had wanted Phoenix to come to Hogwarts with them, but they found out the reason why in the meeting. Dumbledore had offered the Defense Against the Dark Arts teaching position to him, and he had accepted. Since Pyrena's betrayal, he had wanted nothing more than to get out of Greece and start over; Dumbledore gave him that opportunity, and he gladly took it. He became the youngest Defense teacher in the history of Hogwarts, and even though it pained Harry to say so, did a damn fine job. They had actually become friends during the course of the year; Phoenix had changed immensely since Pyrena's death, he had proven himself trustworthy, and had been inducted into the Order of the Phoenix a few months after he started teaching, along with Ron, Harry and Hermione.

The year had been tough; Harry and Hermione had to take turns doing their homework so that one of them was able to take care of Conlan, and by the time they were both finished, they were too tired to stay up to spend time together. Harry had played Quidditch, and had been named Captain, so that only added to his duties. Hermione had been a little angry when she found out she had not been chosen for Head Girl, but she finally came to realize that taking care of Conlan was more important; there was no way she could have done both. Ron had been named Head Boy, which surprised everyone(especially him) and Lavender had been Head Girl; she had also started dating Ron two months after school started.

Harry had applied to be an Auror and had been accepted into the training program; it would start in two months, in which time he hoped to get Hermione and Conlan settled into a home. They were still discussing where they wanted to live; they weren't sure if they wanted to call Grimmauld Place 'home'.

Hermione would be attending a University that taught magical subjects along with muggle subjects, that way she could decide what field she wanted to go in to. She had talked about becoming a healer, but she hadn't made up her mind yet. Her classes started around the same time as Harry's training, so they had a couple of months to spend together before their lives got hectic. Luckily, Hermione's Mum had agreed to take care of Conlan; she wanted to spend every moment she could with her Grandson while her Dad continued to look after their Dentistry office.

The three of them walked up to the portrait hole and found the Fat Lady crying. "Congratulations dears!" she blubbered.

"Are you ok?" asked Hermione, wondering why she was crying.

"Oh yes, I'm fine; it's always so sad to see the graduating class leave every year." She continued to sob and Hermione said the password, "Quidditch Champions", which seemed to set her off more, and the three walked inside once she had finally let them in.

The party was in full swing; there were streamers and balloons everywhere, along with Fred and George's famous fireworks going off all around the room. There was an entire table filled with all sorts of food and plenty of bottles of butterbeer; the alcoholic kind, of course. Music and laughter filled the room, and the center of the room had been turned into a makeshift dance floor.

After about an hour, having noticed Ron slip upstairs with Lavender, Harry took Hermione's hand and pulled her through the portrait hole out into the corridor. "Harry, what are you doing?" she asked.

"I have a surprise for you, but you're going to have to trust me" he replied, pulling what looked to be a blindfold out of his pocket.

She eyed the piece of cloth in his hand and asked "what are you up to Mr. Potter?"

"You'll see, Mrs. Potter; now, turn around." Slowly Hermione turned so that her back was to him and he tied the blindfold over her eyes. "No peeking" he whispered, close to her ear, causing a shiver to run down her back.

She yelped when he picked her up and started to carry her down the corridor. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"It'll be easier this way" he answered, and continued to walk. A few seconds later, he stopped and she could feel his hand fumbling for something. She heard a door open and he walked forward a few more steps, with the door closing behind them. He set her feet on the floor and placed a kiss on the side of her neck. "Ready for your surprise?" he asked, and when she nodded, he pulled the blindfold off.

She opened her eyes and gasped at what she saw; the room before her looked exactly like the room they had at the Hotel Vritomartis in Crete. It had been such a beautiful room; the walls had been a pale yellow that had just seemed to brighten it right up. There had been vases of flowers on all three tables, a huge, comfortable king size bed and a breathtaking view of the beach from their window. The moon had reflected off of the water and bathed the surrounding scenery in it's light, so that everything shone a silvery white. They had not gotten to stay there that night because Hermione had wanted to get back to Conlan right away, but she had told Harry that one day she would like to go back. Now she was standing in an exact replica of that room, with the same moon bathed scenery outside the window, thanks to her wonderful husband.

"Oh Harry, it's wonderful!" she whispered, sounding a little choked up. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and gently set his chin on her shoulder.

"I wanted to do something special for you, for us, tonight. With your parents taking Conlan for the night, this is really the first night we've had alone together since he was born, and I wanted to make it something you would never forget."

Hermione turned, wrapped her arms around his neck, and stared at him for a few moments before saying "I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, thoughtful husband; I love you so much."

"I love you too" he replied, and then bent down to place his lips on hers. The softness of her lips never ceased to amaze him; they felt like silk under his and it made him want her even more. He pulled her tightly against his chest and growled as he felt her breasts pressed into his chest. "Merlin, I want you" he whispered, kissing her fiercely now.

"I am all yours" she whispered, looking up at him with hooded eyes. His heart rate sped up a little more at the sight of her flushed cheeks and swollen lips, and he picked her up once more and carried her over to the bed. He gently laid her down and then climbed up on the bed with her, positioning himself over her. He ran his hand through her silky brown hair, gently down her right cheek, and continued downward. He grazed the side of her breast and ran his fingers over the skin of her stomach, the stomach where his son had grown and still bore a slight bulge. His fingers continued their journey, skimming down her right leg, to the inside of her thigh, to the junction in between her legs. She tensed as his hand passed over her jean covered womanhood, and she mock glared at him. "Are you trying to make me crazy?" she asked.

"Absolutely" he said, smiling at her as his desire shone in his eyes, "I want to make you want me as much as I want you right now."

She sat up, causing him to sit up also, and reached for the bottom of his t-shirt. "Then we have way to much clothing on" she said and yanked the shirt over his head. She brought her hands down and skimmed her fingernails lightly over his well-toned chest; she would have to thank Phoenix for talking him into all of the running, push-ups and other exercises they had done throughout the year. Turned out Phoenix was a health nut, and loved doing muggle exercises to stay in shape; Harry had joined him to get in shape for Quidditch, and it had nicely toned his body. She heard him hiss at the pleasure and pain her nails were causing, and then he reached down and took her shirt off too. He bent down and started to kiss and suck her neck, causing her eyes to roll back into her head at the wonderful feeling. Harry reached behind her at the same time and undid her bra clasp, and then sat up to slowly draw the straps down her arms. It felt like he left a trail of fire wherever his fingers touched her skin, and she was trying her hardest not to just push him back and take him.

He captured her lips again and gently pushed her back down on the bed while he kissed her, and then he started to trail kisses along her jaw, down her neck, until he reached her breasts. He kneaded her left breast while he took the other nipple into his mouth and sucked gently at first, and then a little harder, causing Hermione to squirm and moan underneath him. He loved it when she moaned; the sound of it always seemed to wash over his body and turn him on even more, which he hadn't thought possible at this point. He kissed his way from her breasts down her stomach and then took off her jeans, exposing the black lace panties she was wearing underneath.

"Very nice" he said quietly, staring at the only piece of clothing left; he waved his hand over the panties and watched as they disappeared. He looked up at Hermione's face and saw her looking at him, one eyebrow cocked in question.

"Doesn't that take a little of the fun out of this?" she asked, watching a smile form on his face.

"What can I say, I'm impatient." She had started to say something else, but he had moved back a little and bent down between her legs. She felt his hot breath on the insides of her thighs and then he started to plant tiny kisses there, slowly making his way up to the junction between her legs. After exploring every part of her womanhood with his mouth and fingers, bringing her to climax twice, he sat up and took in her appearance. She lay before him completely naked, her cheeks more flushed than they were before, and her body glistened with a light sheen of sweat. She was breathing hard as she started to come down from her latest orgasm, and gave him a sweet smile.

She sat up and pushed him so that he was now lying on his back. She quickly stripped him of his jeans and boxers, and then started to plant kisses all over his chest. She lightly took one nipple between her teeth and bit it lightly, causing him to hiss from the pain that also brought him immense pleasure. Teasing the other nipple in much the same way, she continued to rain kisses over his stomach and stopped at his erection.

She took it into her hand, feeling the silky hardness, and bent to take him into her mouth. She slowly took him in a little at a time, and then made her way slowly back up again. She continued the up and down motions, until she felt him twitch and knew it was time to stop. She moved and positioned herself so that she was straddling him, his erection nestled against her, but not inside of her yet. She bent down and kissed him, using her tongue to explore the inside of his mouth thoroughly while she slowly moved and slid him inside her.

She heard him moan and loved the sound of it; it was so deep and guttural that it made her want him even more. She loved sex with Harry; no matter how many times they did it, the feelings and intensity seemed to grow stronger rather than diminish.

She started to move up and down slowly and savored the feel of Harry inside of her. He reached up and took both breasts in his hands, thrusting himself deeper into her with every down movement. She continued her pace for a little while, but it was too slow for Harry. He pulled out of her and before she knew what he was doing, she found herself on all fours with him behind her, positioned to enter her once more.

"Um, Harry?" she asked, a little unsure since they hadn't tried this position before.

"Just this once Luv?" he asked, his voice deep with desire. She closed her eyes and nodded in agreement, chastising herself for always giving in to him.

He slowly pushed in, and Hermione gasped as he bent slightly and kissed her back. He straightened and as he started moving, she felt different sensations than she had the other times, and wondered why they had never tried this position before. He started thrusting into her harder and harder, pulling her back as he thrust forward, his hands on either side of her hips. He started going faster and faster, his pace becoming frantic as he neared his climax. Finally he thrust one last time, and they both came together, calling each others names. He pulled her up so that her back was flush against his chest as he was still inside her, and lovingly wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed her shoulder and then whispered in her ear "thank you for trying that."

"Trust me, we'll be doing that again" she said with a look in her eyes that told him that she had enjoyed it just as much as he had.

Present day...


They had stayed in the Room of Requirement the entire night, taking naps and then waking to make love again. By the time they boarded the Hogwarts Express the next day, they were both exhausted and blissfully happy.

They had made their home at Grimmauld Place; Harry and her Father had started fixing it up the day they moved in. As they had discussed before, her parents had moved in with them to be closer to their daughter and Grandson. Harry didn't mind, her parents room was on the opposite end of the house, so they had a little bit of privacy and could escape to their room if they needed space from Robert and Jane.

Two months after graduation night, Hermione sat everyone down in the sitting room and announced that she was pregnant again and due around March tenth. Jane had jumped up and hugged Hermione, crying while Robert glared at Harry, still not able to accept the fact that his daughter was married and actually had sex. After a lecture from his wife, he hugged Hermione and shook his son-in-law's hand, congratulating them. Harry couldn't believe that Conlan would have a brother or sister so soon, but he was happy that his family was getting bigger; he had always dreamed of getting married and finally having his own family, and now it was all coming true.

That was what had led him to where he was now; in Hogwarts hospital ward once again so that Madam Pomfrey could deliver the baby. Hermione insisted that she be the one to do it, since she had delivered Conlan, and she also liked the fact that both of their children would be born in Hogwarts.

"HARRY!" Hermione screamed, squeezing Harry's hand so hard that it turned purple, and snapped him out of his reminiscing. She was obviously having another contraction, and this one seemed to be the worst one yet. Madam Pomfrey had said that she would be able to have this baby naturally, but Harry still wasn't sure if Hermione was happy about that.

Jane stood across from him as Robert was on the outside of the curtained bed, holding Conlan and pacing back and forth; he seemed more nervous than Harry was.

"Breathe honey" said Jane quietly, trying to calm Hermione down. Hermione just gave her the usual death glare and continued panting.

"Don't tell me to breathe, just get this damn thing out of me!" Harry looked at his mother-in-law, his eyes wide at Hermione's swearing, and saw that she was smiling.

"It's normal for women to behave differently while they're in labor" she explained "the intensity of the pain kind of makes it so that they don't care what they say or how they act." Harry just nodded and took her word for it; he didn't want to say the wrong thing and have Hermione mad at him.

"Oohhh, it's another one" said Hermione through gritted teeth, and Harry felt sorry for her as he noticed tears falling from her eyes.

"Another one already?" asked Madam Pomfrey, bustling over to the side of the bed. She checked Hermione and said "she's ready to deliver."

Harry suddenly felt nervous and happy at the same time; he was about to meet his new son or daughter. They had chosen not to find out this time; they wanted to be surprised. Jane helped get Hermione in position to push, and he bent down and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you 'Mione" he said, kissing her lips.

"I love you too" she said, still crying.

"Don't cry Luv, hopefully the pain will be gone soon" he said, wishing he could take her pain away.

"That's not it Harry" she said quietly, pulling him a little closer. "I-I'm scared" she whispered, and he could see the fear in her eyes.

"Why?" he asked "you've done this before, with Conlan."

"That was different, he was cut out of me; I have to push this baby out this time." Harry understood her fear now; he may be a man, but he could understand how squeezing something that big out of something so small would be frightening.

"You can do it Luv, you're a strong woman, and I'm here to do anything you need me to." Harry said, and was glad to see a small smile on her face.

Her smile quickly vanished as another contraction wracked her body, and Madam Pomfrey said "Ok, on the next one we're going to push."

Hermione nodded in understanding as she panted through the contraction, looking at Harry. He smoothed her sweat soaked hair off of her forehead and said "you can do this."

The next wave of pain hit her and she pushed as much as she could, exhausted already from being in labor for ten hours, and lay back down on her pillow. She continued to push for the next hour, becoming even more exhausted, until she lay crying and saying "I can't do this, I just can't do it."

"Yes you can Hermione" said her Mum.

"Just one or two more pushes and the baby will be born" said Madam Pomfrey, giving her a smile of encouragement.

"C'mon Luv, two more and we can meet our child" said Harry, looking at her lovingly. She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds, and when the next contraction hit, she pushed as much as she could.

"Ok, the head's out" called the nurse, suctioning the mouth and nose. "Just one more push" she said, and Hermione pushed again. Harry watched as the baby's body came into view and Madam Pomfrey held the baby up and said "It's a girl!"

Harry smiled and cried at the same time, and then bent down to hug Hermione. "You did it Luv" he said, kissing her softly on the lips. She gave him a tired smile and he could tell she was forcing herself to stay awake. Madam Pomfrey cleaned their daughter up, wrapped her in a blanket and handed her to Hermione.

"Congratulations" she said "she's perfectly healthy, and seems to have gotten her father's hair."

Hermione lifted up the tiny pink hat that was on the baby's head and saw quite a bit of black, fuzzy hair. She looked at her daughter's face and said "she's beautiful."

"Just like her Mum" said Harry, bending down to place a kiss on first Hermione's forehead, and then his daughters.

Jane had gone out and brought Robert and Conlan in, and they stood at the end of the bed watching. Harry walked over and grabbed his almost two year old son, and then walked back over to the side of the bed. "Conlan, this is your little sister."

Conlan just stared at the baby in Hermione's arms, and after a moment pointed at it and said "baby?"

"That's right" said Harry, hugging him and feeling proud of his family.

"So what is her name?" asked Jane. Harry and Hermione had refused to tell anyone the names they had picked out until the baby was born.

Hermione looked from Harry to her parents and said "her name is Lillian Jane Potter".

Her Mum's eyes filled with tears instantly as she asked "you gave her my name?"

"Yes we did; Harry's Mum was named Lily, but we agreed that Lillian was just as beautiful, and then we decided to give her your name too. We figured we'd name her after two of the strongest women we knew" explained Hermione, smiling at her Mum while tears streamed down her face. She looked up at Harry and said "I just wish your parents could be here to see her and Conlan."

"I'm sure they're watching over us right now" said Harry, wishing the same thing himself.

Everyone stopped talking when they heard the Hospital doors open, and then they all heard Ron's voice call out "is the baby here yet?"

"Yeah Ron, come on in, it's safe" said Harry smiling. Ron had been busy training, but when Harry had let him know Hermione was in labor, he had made his way to Hogwarts immediately.

Ron walked through the curtains followed by Ginny, Lavender and Dumbledore. They heard Madam Pomfrey huff in annoyance and then suddenly the curtains around the bed disappeared. "Can't all squeeze in there" they heard her mumble as she walked back to her office.

Ginny and Lavender walked over to the side of the bed opposite Harry and started gushing about the baby. Ron looked at Harry and rolled his eyes, making Harry laugh. Dumbledore walked up next to them and asked "so Harry, have you decided on a name?"

"Yes Sir, we've named her Lillian Jane Potter" said Harry proudly.

Dumbledore smiled, and with the usual twinkle in his eyes said "your parents would be proud Harry, especially your Mother."

"Thank you Sir" said Harry, smiling. Ginny walked over to take Conlan from him and Hermione handed Lillian to him. He stared at her, noticing that her face bore a slight resemblance to Hermione, and then looked around at everyone that was there with them. He smiled to himself and looked down at his daughter again. "I think I'm the luckiest man in the world Lillian" he whispered to the sleeping baby "now that you're here, I have everything I've ever wanted."


~A/N> Well, there it is, the last chapter. I hope y'all liked the ending, lots of fluff and romance that I had promised way before this. I am thinking about making this a trilogy, but I'm not sure yet. I'm going to finish "Kindred" first and then I'll try to start writing the next story in this series. If I do write another, it will deal with Conlan being a teenager in Hogwarts and what the prophetic words of the Gods and Goddess meant in Chapter 17. Thanks for all of your support and reviews for this story, I am deeply honored that you liked it so much!!! :) ~MisCard~