Unofficial Portkey Archive

Divinity Forensis by RogueBHS
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Divinity Forensis

RogueBHS

Divinity Forensis
By: RogueBHS
Chapter 4 - "No Way Back"

Author Notes: Well, previous chapter certainly got a LOT of reviews! LOL. I tried to respond to a good many of them, but if I missed yours, I'm sorry. I had quite a few people review asking if I was going to abandon this fic, and I'll say this again: I AM NOT ABANDONING FAITH OR DIVINITY FORENSIS. That make it clear enough?
LOL. I've said before that I sometimes take a month or more to update. I can not help it. Between writers block (yes, even I get it sometimes) and real life, I have no choice. But I will not just abandon this. I enjoy it too much. Hopefully that clears that matter up.

The note below will appear in all future chapters, and can be used as a reference at any time you want. :)

Just a note to those who are curious, the coven Viktor rules is a part of the Vampire Clan, Ventrue. Want more info? Go here: http://amaranth.wehostmuds.com/clans.html
And Lucian's Werewolf den is of the Children of Gaia (or Spiral) tribe. Info here: http://amaranth.wehostmuds.com/tribes.html
The site that talks about the Vampire clans also goes into their Disciplines, or special powers they either inherit or can be taught. Those will be mentioned frequently, and upon their first mention, likely given an explanation of exactly what they do.

SPOILER WARNING: Some things from Half-Blood Prince will be incorporated into this story! If you've not read it, I have tried to disquise the elements some, but either way, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is still a mostly Post Order of the Phoenix fiction, however. :)

Disclaimer: I do not in any way shape or form own any of the ideas or characters from Harry Potter or Underworld. There are original characters involved, in minor rolls, which I do own, as they are my own RPG characters that I created. I'm also borrowing (with permission) a friend of mine's male RPG characters, whom he owns.

Notice:
Any songs or spells used in a chapter will be listed at the end of it, just as in "Faith." Numbers in parenthesis indicates a song, letters in parenthesis indicates spells or excerpts from the books.

Full Summary:
Harry's summer at the Dursley's has never been worse; Vernon is drinking heavily and using him for a punching bag (again), and Petunia is acting like nothing is wrong. And the Order seems to have forgotten him completely, despite their claims at King's Cross Station. Can he survive the summer alone? Or will it take drastic measures to keep him alive?

Main characters:
Harry, Hermione, Ron, Dumbledore, Snape, Lupin. From
Underworld: Selene, Kraven, Viktor, Marcus, Amelia, Lucian, and Kahn.

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Hogwarts - First Day of Classes -

The morning after Harry's long talk with Dumbledore dawned bright and cheerful, and it wasn't much after 7 when sounds of some getting up and about could be heard in the castle. Even Harry, who had been up until four that morning managed to be up before his beside clock read 7:30. By 8 he was cleaned and dressed for the day, and packing up his bag with the basics, knowing he could hurry back to the tower to grab whatever books he'd need after receiving his schedule. Tossing his bag over his shoulder, he walked over to Ron's bed, and instead of simply nudging his friend awake, he grinned and lifted the edge of the bed enough to send Ron rolling onto the
floor with a thud. Thankfully, Dean and Seamus were already gone, and Neville was in the washroom at the time.

"What the bloody hell?!" Ron exclaimed as he rose up, looking around to see what was going on. Upon spying Harry, he glared hard at his friend and pushed up off of the floor. "What the bloody hell was that for, mate? I was sleeping!"

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Its 8 in the morning Ron...you've got another hour before breakfast is over."

That seemed to wake Ron up even more, as he started grabbing his school clothes together. "Wait for me downstairs, eh?"

Harry smirked. "Alright."

While Ron rushed into the washroom to get ready, Harry headed down the stairs into the common room, looking around to see if Hermione had waited for them. His sense of smell kicked into overdrive, and within moments he caught the scent of parchment and books that was definitely Hermione, with an undertone of vanilla and brown sugar he'd never taken notice of before. Curious, he walked her way, noticing with a grin that her nose was already buried into a book. Typical Hermione, he thought, and plopped into a seat near her, drawing her attention immediately.

"Harry!" she exclaimed, surprised at seeing him. "I thought you'd just be getting up, same as Ron."

He shook his head. "Been up for a while, actually." He glanced around the room, glad to find it mostly empty before leaning towards her. "Side effect of being a lycan...I don't really sleep much."

Hermione raised an eyebrow at him. "Lycan? Since when do you use that term?"

"Most others who are of the Children of Gaia clan don't like the term werewolf...too harsh...a Wizarding term, they call it."

Surprised into silence for a moment, Hermione just stared at him. "Children of Gaia?" she repeated, obviously having heard of it. "Your sire was one of that clan?"

Nodding, Harry gave a bit of a smirk. "And yes, I know what they're known for. Rather fitting, actually, being as I normally have to play peacekeeper for you and Ron," he teased, getting his wanted result of a blush from Hermione.

"You two ready?" a voice asked from the stairs, and Harry's smirk turned into a grin.

"Watch this," he whispered to Hermione, and then suddenly disappeared from his chair. Both she and Ron looked frantically around the room, wondering where on earth he'd gone to. Without warning, a hand wrapped around the back of Ron's neck, its grip strong enough to keep him in place, even as Ron tried to crane his neck around to see his attacker. From her chair, Hermione spied a hint of Hogwarts robes, and realized what was going on.

"Something wrong, Ron?" she asked, closing up her book and sliding it into her book bag at her feet.

Ron didn't answer, obviously afraid to, when he was suddenly let go. He hurriedly jumped the last three steps, and then turned to face whoever had grabbed him, only to be surprised. "But how? What?..........................................Bloody Hell..." he muttered finally.

Harry laughed and walked down the last few stairs, smirking at Ron. "Sorry...couldn't resist."

"Don't ever do that again mate," Ron said as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Whatever ya say," Harry answered with a grin, then glanced at Hermione. "Guess we should get downstairs then...now that I've had my fun for the morning..."

Hermione gave a soft laugh as she slung her bag over her shoulder. "Yes...before poor Ron here withers away into nothing from not eating enough..."

Laughing, all three made their way out of the common room, heading down the stairs. The trip to the Great Hall was uneventful, and it wasn't long before the Trio had taken their seats, and began their usual breakfast ritual. It was one thing that the entire school saw as a sign of how "together" the trio was on any given day. If this ritual didn't occur, or simply occurred between two of them, as it had in forth year between Harry and Hermione while Ron was angry at Harry, then the school knew the Trio was having problems. Should the ritual actually take place, then the Trio was as much a unit as they were known to be.

This ritual was nothing overly intricate or noticeable if one was to ask the Trio, but to an outsider, it was almost baffling. It always started with Harry taking the plate of toast and buttering three slices, placing one on Ron's plate, Hermione's plate, and then his own. While Harry did this, Hermione served bacon and sausage to both boys, and then took only one of the two for her. Ron would pour the juice for all three, being as his arms had the best reach without having to move the cups around. Then, the trio would pick from the other available plates and serve themselves or their friends their favorites. For example, on the chance there was a plate of waffles, a stack of two was put on Ron's plate. Or if it was pancakes, both Harry and Ron found them with a hearty stack at least three pancakes deep. Since Hermione's parents were dentists and all, and she preferred her breakfast with less sugary substances, she would find herself treated with muffins or whatever fresh fruit was available.

This morning, Harry and Ron had also grabbed muffins at Hermione's insistence that they were particularly good. So, with plates piled high, the Trio conversed in their manor, which as years passed, had grown to include an increasing number of half-finished sentences and coded words. When Ginny plopped down nearby, she could've joined in the conversation fairly easily, though it was obvious that even she, who had spent a good deal of time with or watching the Trio still had trouble understanding some things that passed between them. To anyone but the trio, their conversation
this morning went something like this:

"So this summer, you were with..."

"Yeah...not that bad, actually...Learned loads..."

"Ohhh...really?" Hermione's excited voice interjected.

Ron laughed. "Now you've got her undivided attention..."

"So what about you two though?"

"Sat on our butts...worried..."

"Sorry 'bout that..."

"Well at least you've got a damn good excuse..."

"...Oh yes, absolutely perfect excuse..."

Harry gave a snort at Hermione's sarcastic tone. "Better than what it could've been..."

She gave him a serious look, and then nodded. "That's true."

"What's with the new stuff, by the way?" Ron asked suddenly.

"Gifts...and my old was rather eh...worthless given certain changes..."

"Oh...right..." Ron responded, his tone one of understanding.

"What all did you...?"

"Loads," came Harry's response before the question was even finished. "I'll tell you more later...trust me...you in particular are gonna love some of this stuff, Hermione."

Hermione gave a broad smile. "Well that doesn't take a genius to know..."

Ron looked highly confused when he asked, "But aren't you a genius?"

At this, Harry and Hermione both broke into laughter. "Aye, she is," Harry responded before Hermione could speak, causing the girl to blush and Ron to laugh.

"Harry," Hermione said after a minute, looking at him seriously again. "Is there anything else...?"

Harry ducked his head. "I can't..."

Without a word, Hermione reached out, giving his hand a quick squeeze, earning her a grateful look. But before any of the Trio could continue the conversation, Professor McGonagall interrupted, passing out their schedules. So after a short amount of banter over what classes they were all taking, and agreeing that whomever got to Transfiguration first later that day would save the others a seat, the Trio split up, with Hermione and Harry heading for NEWT Potions, while Ron made his way to the Herbology greenhouses.

But their entire conversation, as interpreted by the Trio themselves, occurred more like this:

"So this summer, you were with the werewolves?"

"Yeah. And it wasn't all that bad...I got to learn loads of cool stuff I can do."

"Ohhh...really?" Hermione's excited voice interjected.

Ron laughed. "Now you've got her undivided attention. You know she never passes up a chance to learn anything."

"So what did you two do this summer though?"

"Sat around on our butts, worrying about you."

"Really sorry 'bout that. I just didn't think."

"Well at least you've got a damn good excuse for not remembering."

"Oh yes, running away and getting into trouble is a wonderful excuse."

Harry gave a snort at Hermione's sarcastic tone. "Better than what it could've been. I could be dead for real."

She gave him a serious look that said all too clearly, 'Don't joke like that,' then nodded. "That's true."

"What's with the new clothes and hair by the way?" Ron asked suddenly.

"Gifts and what not. Anything I had from the Dursleys wouldn't fit anyway, not with the way I grew so suddenly."

"Oh. Right. Sorry I brought it up." Ron responded, his tone one of understanding.

"What all did you..." The 'get from them?' went unsaid, as they were nothing more than extra words.

"Loads," came Harry's response before the verbal question was even finished. "I'll tell you more later in private. Trust me; it'll be worth the wait. You're really gonna love some of this stuff, Hermione."

Hermione gave a broad smile. "Well that doesn't take a genius to know."

Ron looked highly confused when he asked, "But aren't you a genius?"

At this, Harry and Hermione both broke into laughter. "Aye, she is," Harry responded before Hermione could speak, causing the girl to blush and Ron to laugh.

"Harry," Hermione said after a minute, looking at him seriously again. "Is there anything else you haven't told us?"

Harry ducked his head. "I can't say. Not now."

Without a word, Hermione reached out, giving his hand a quick squeeze, earning her a grateful look. The squeeze was all he needed to know that they would give him the time he needed before coming clean about exactly what happened other than living with the Lycans for the summer. And that was a huge relief for him, of course. When McGonagall appeared, handing out the schedules, he managed a smile for the professor, then out of pure habit, groaned over having Potions first, thus beginning the banter over class scheduling.

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Potions Class -

When Professor Snape came stalking into the room, black cloak billowing behind him, all conversation in the room stopped dead. His cold black eyes scanned the room, trademark sneer in place. If anyone noticed the way he looked slightly uneasy upon spying Harry seated in the middle of the room, Hermione at his side, no one so much as opened their mouth to comment on it. But then, Harry himself was likely the only one who caught it, with as fast as Snape pulled the sneer back into place. Moving to stand behind his desk, the Potions Master began his beginning of term speech for his NEWT classes.

"Many of you in this room are, at best, mediocre Potion makers. Yet somehow, you managed to get an "Outstanding" on your Potion's OWL." His black eyes looked directly to Harry. "In this class, I accept nothing but the best work you can perform. One melted cauldron, and you will find yourselves with an excess of free time, which I'm sure Mr. Filch will be happy to fill for you." A few students looked uneasy at this announcement, much to Snape's pleasure, and when he continued, his voice carried just a hint of triumph. "You shall be expected, before the end of the year, to be able to brew such complicated potions as Veritaserum or Polyjuice with a fair amount of ease." The look on his face was enough to convince them that he doubted anyone would manage that feat, but Harry grinned. Hermione had brewed the potion in second year. There was no doubt she could do it again.

The others in the classroom, however, looked highly doubtful of their own abilities, which were, no doubt, caused by years of diminutive teaching from the Potions Master. Snape took notice of the effect of his teaching style on these students, and felt the briefest flash of guilt for it. Yes, and being a softy would make my roll as a spy ever so much easier, now wouldn't it, he rationalized, unwilling to admit to any goodness within himself.

A pair of sharp emerald eyes watched the brief play of emotion over the professor's face with interest, tucking information away for later when Snape picked up his speech again.

"We will begin with a slightly less complicated potion today," he said, walking between the rows of tables. "A Blood Replenishing Potion, to be exact." Black eyes swept the classroom again, taking notice of how Hermione Granger was sitting taller in her seat now that she knew what potion would be made. Likely already has the process memorized, silly girl, Snape thought. She should realize that intelligence such as hers is highly prized by the Dark Lord. His eyes moved to Harry who was glancing at Hermione from the corner of his eye, highly amused by her reaction. Even if she doesn't realize it, Potter should. Especially now.

"The directions," he continued, "are on the board." And with a wave of his wand, they were. "It may also be found on page 392 of your books."

"Professor?"

Snape slowly turned to look in Harry's direction. "Yes, Potter?"

"I wasn't aware I'd be able to continue the class, and as such, I'm without a book."

Seeing opportunity to do as Dumbledore had asked, and help Harry along, he stalked to the back of the room, threw open a cupboard and pulled out an old book from the shelves. The cupboard closed behind him seemingly automatically, while Snape all but slammed the book down on Harry's station. "I'll be expecting this back, Potter. So do not loose it."

Harry put on his best 'Professor pleasing' expression and nodded. "Yes, sir."

Not impressed, Snape gave a smirk. "And don't bother trying to suck up to me, Potter. It won't work."

Biting back a grin, Harry only nodded again. "Whatever you say, Professor."

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Lunch, Near the Lake -

"So Snape just up and gives you a used book that has all this stuff in it?" Ron asked, flipping through Harry's Potions book, taking in the scribbled notes all over the place.

"Yeah," came the lazy reply, as Harry stretched out, grabbing a sandwich from the basket Dobby had happily thrown together when the Trio explained their wishes to eat outside. After swallowing a bite, he continued. "Probably Dumbledore's doing as much as anything. Not like the git would help me otherwise."

Ron snorted in laughter, almost sending his drink of pumpkin juice down the wrong way. "Yeah...makes me glad I didn't get an Outstanding on my Potions OWL, it does," he said moments later, finally recovered from his little mishap.

"Not as if you ever actually applied yourself in that class, now is it?" Hermione asked, lifting her eyes from one of the books on Lycans that Harry had grabbed for her out of his trunk.

Ron shrugged lightly, and then lay down, squinting his blue eyes against the bright noon sunshine. "Ey, mate?"

"Hmm?" Harry asked from around another bite of sandwich.

"Don't suppose you met that dude...the Immortal...did you?"

Harry swallowed slowly, wondering on the best way to answer this. "Well...er...kinda had to," he said finally.

Ron pushed back up on one arm, looking at his friend. "Had to?"

"Well he's Lord of Lycans and vampires, isn't he?" Hermione answered for Harry as she marked her place in the book, setting it aside. "Which would mean that any lycan or vampyre in the area would meet him at some point or another."

"Oh," Ron said, looking sheepish over the question he realized was in fact quite silly. "Right...Forgot about that." After a second, he looked to Harry. "What's he treat you lot like anyway?"

"Seems alright t' me," Harry said evasively.

"Oh come on, Harry, surely you can say more than that," Hermione urged.

"I could..." he admitted, then sighed as he followed Ron's earlier movement, stretching out on the grass. "But not now."

"And why not?" she asked, obviously feeling put out over it.

"There goes the bell, that's why," Harry said, just as the bell signaling the return to classes went off.

"How on earth...?"

"The whole enhanced senses thing carries over into my human form," he answered as he sat up, helping Hermione gather things together to return to Dobby in the kitchen.

"All of them?"

"Mmhmm."

"That must make hearing the bell from inside the castle real fun," Ron said, wincing at what his imagination told him it might be like.

"Oh lemme tell ya," Harry said sarcastically as he offered Hermione a hand up. "And walking into the Great Hall at meal time is just a blast too," he admitted. "I mean, here I've got a wolf's instinct to go for meat and nothing but meat or blood, and I'm smelling all this green stuff. Talk about fun..."

"Certainly explains your reaction to that steak last night though," Hermione said simply as she took the offered hand and hoisted herself from the ground. "You smelled the blood in it didn't you?"

Harry nodded sheepishly. "One whiff of that and I was suddenly starving. Makes me glad no one had any bleeding cuts or something. Would've driven me crazy, since I didn't have anything for a good few hours before I showed up here."

Ron, to his credit, didn't even flinch at the idea of his best mate having to survive on blood now, and only gave him a sympathetic look. "That's gotta bloody well suck, mate."

Grateful for his friend's understanding, Harry wedge in between the two, putting an arm around each of them. "It does," he admitted. "But with you two around to keep me under control, I think I can survive."

Smiling, Ron and Hermione both put an arm around Harry as well, feeling no awkwardness in the action at all after 5+ years of friendship.

"That," Hermione said, sharing a glance with Ron, "is what we're here for, Harry."

Ron nodded. "Aye...Best friends to the end."

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Care of Magical Creatures Class -

As the trio walked the path down towards Hagrid's hut, where he would again be teaching Care of Magical Creatures, Harry joked idly about what others would think if Hagrid did a class on Lycans, using him as the example. Hermione insisted that while Lycans were a form of magical creature, Defense Against the Dark Arts would be the only class to cover them, what with the way most people viewed them and all.

"True," Harry conceded, weaving his way around a few second years that had stopped to stare at him in awe. "Not many know the type of power a lycan can have."

"What all can you do?" Ron asked, shifting his book bag from one shoulder to the other. "I mean, you did say you'd tell us later."

"Professor Dumbledore wants a demonstration for him and Remus, since Remus actually never met his sire. That's why he didn't know how much control you can have over the transformation." Harry shook his head, thinking of what Lucian would do to any of his den who abandoned their childe. "I'll see if he'll let you two sit in on it...this way I'm not saying it over and over. I'm hoping Lucian can be here too."

"Lucian? The lycan lord?" Hermione seemed puzzled. "Why would you want him here?"

"He's my sire," Harry said simply, ignoring the stunned look Hermione gave him.

"He...oh my..."

Ron took one look at Hermione's expression and then looked at Harry. "Why on earth is she like that just from hearing your sire's name?"

"Ron, Lucian is the lycan LORD...he's the most powerful lycan in Great Britain, possibly the world!"

Ron's jaw dropped. "So that'd mean..."

"How else would I have learned to control the transformation so fast? Most Lycans take decades, if not centuries to learn that type of control. Lucian hasn't sired anyone in ages...I think he said two or three centuries. Most of them are pure borns, so to speak, now. Born of a lycan mother and father. I'm really considered a half-breed, like Remus is, given that I was bitten."

"Shh," Hermione warned as they neared the growing crowd of students around Hagrid's hut, and then waved back at the half-giant before he launched into a description of the NEWT version of this class.

"Now Care o' Magical Creatures don't really have much o' a difference t' it in NEWT levels an' all, oth'r th'n th' types you lot'll be studyin'. B'fore now, most o' what we been coverin' is basic creatures tha' don' have a lot o' power to 'em. This term, Professor Dumbledore 'imself got the lot we'll be studyin. I ain't gonna lie t' ye...some o' em ain't the most friendly o' beasts, but that's why I'm gonna be havin' a helper."

At this, the class broke into whispers, wondering what on earth type of creatures they might be shown that could be so dangerous that even Hagrid would not only admit they were not friendly, but would also need a helper to deal with them. But then, the door to Hagrid's hut opened, and out stepped a young man who a good many had at least heard of. With hair as blazing red as the rest of his family and a stocky build like the twins, Charlie Weasley was still a bit of a legend around Hogwarts due to his Quidditch skills, and his appearance was enough to have the girls who'd dared take the class into fits of giggles. Upon seeing him, Harry, Ron and Hermione pushed their way towards the front of the crowd, causing Charlie to smile and wave at them while Hagrid started talking again.

"Most o' you lot know this guy 'ere, but for those o' ya who don', he's is Charlie Weasley." He noticed one 6th year Hufflepuff girl looking in Ron's direction and snorted in amusement. "Yeah, he's kin t' Ron here an' th' twins, Fred an' George," he told her before looking to Charlie to see if he had anything to say. When the red-head didn't speak up, Hagrid only nodded. "Right then, 'spose we might as well get started, eh?"

"Sounds good to me, Hagrid," Charlie said, his smile wide.

Hagrid gave another brief nod of his head, and then motioned for the class to follow him. "Follow me then, you lot."

As Hagrid led the way around his hut and towards the lake, the Trio took a moment to talk to Charlie, who had hung back a bit on purpose.

"Glad to see you're alright there, Harry," Charlie said, grinning. "Mum was about to go spare this summer when you went missing. Made being around that place a right terror, it did."

Harry snorted. "Yeah, so I've heard."

Charlie glanced around, and then lowered his voice. "Hope you don't mind and all, but mum told me and Bill about what happened to you. I think she had to tell someone...ya know?"

Harry shrugged, glancing toward the class as they gathered around Hagrid again before speaking. "It's fine. I don't care who knows, really."

"Even You-Know-Who?" Charlie dared ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Even him," Harry confirmed, earning him three surprised looks. "No one knows the full extent of the power I've got now...not even Dumbledore," he clarified, lowering his voice even more as they got closer to the crowd. "I'm not worried."

Ron, Hermione and Charlie shared a look at this, and then shrugged almost as one.

"Whatever you say, Harry," Charlie told him softly, then moved forward to join Hagrid for the class.

"Harry, are you sure..."

"Yes," Harry said abruptly, cutting Hermione off. "Like I said, I'm not worried."

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Room of Requirement, Three days later -

Had anyone asked to see the Headmaster or Deputy Headmistress a few days into term, they'd have found themselves directed instead to Professor Flitwick, who, for the day, was to deal with any problems that arose among the students. No reason had been given for Professors Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall suddenly disappearing after lunch, with any classes the later two taught being called off for the afternoon. Just as no reason was given for the Trio up and disappearing as well. Though anyone with a brain could assume this had something to do with Harry's still mysterious summer vacation. And anyone who assumed such a thing wouldn't be too far off either. Indeed, the three professors, three students plus Remus Lupin and a
stranger were locked up in the Room of Requirement within Hogwarts walls, with orders having been given to a certain house elf to ensure that no one came near the door to this room.

Once the door had been sealed behind them, the stranger lowered the hood of his coat, revealing the same dark-haired man who had appeared at Grimmauld place with the Immortal during the last bit of summer. His dark eyes took in the room in keen interest, and then slowly focused on those around him.

"A room that takes shape of whatever is needed, hmm?" Lucian asked, looking to Professor Dumbledore. "Quite amazing," he said, a smirk curving his lips.

"Yes, it is," Dumbledore answered, and then glanced between Harry and Lucian. "Since introductions aren't necessary, Harry, whenever you are ready to begin, I think."

"Yes sir," Harry answered, and then closed his eyes, focusing on the room.

Moments later, the formerly empty room changed. A row of 6 chairs appeared near the door, facing into the room, with piece of magical glass sat roughly three feet in front of the chairs, a single door carved into it. The rest of the room became something much like the 'training area' in the underground station the Lycans lived in. 'Concrete' pillars appeared approximately 10 feet (3.048 meters) from the walls to the left and right of whomever was in the chairs, spaced evenly, and running the full length of the room. Chains of various thickness hung in disarray; some of them were draped around the pillars, while others were merely dangling from the ceiling, which was a good 20 feet (6.096 meters) tall itself. A huge pit of water took of some of the area in between the pillars, while the rest remained concrete floor. With the room now changed, Harry's eyes opened, and he looked at the others expectantly.

"Ready?"

Startled from taking in the changes in the room, the three Professors, Ron, Hermione and Remus moved behind the glass into the seats, while Lucian simply stood near them in case they wanted an explanation. After everyone was ready, Harry looked at the others for a moment, and then tilted his head. "Just show my physical ability for now, right?"

"That seems like a good place to begin," Professor Dumbledore agreed, then motioned for Harry to get on with things.

Grinning, Harry tossed his shirt and school robes towards the door into the area where the others were, then threw back his head, letting out a howl. While the others watched Harry's transformation from human into lycan with interest, Lucian grabbed the shirt and robes and pulled them into the room. Once the transformation was complete, Harry let out a bit of a playful growl, gold and green eyes focused on those in the room. Then, without warning, he jumped upward, grabbing hold of a particularly thick chain and swinging on it, sending him flying towards a pillar. The sheer impact of it sent chunks of concrete falling to the floor, while Harry's clawed hands and feet took a good hold. Moments later, he was climbing down the pillar, going round it in circles, only to jump again, this time towards the wall.

He ran along the wall for a good few meters, his body parallel to the wall itself, before throwing himself from it, landing on all fours. A few good strides and he went hurtling through a pillar, sending it crashing, while he sustained a few scrapes that healed right before their eyes. Grinning again, he took off towards the other side of the room, taking a leap when he was closer to the wall, and scaling it effortlessly. Another leap had him on the ceiling, and he was still running as if he was on the floor. Harry let go suddenly, and went falling towards the floor, only to end up flipping and landing on all fours again. Slowly, he rose into a standing position,
letting himself transform back into his human form, green eyes looking in amusement at those behind the glass.

It wasn't every day that one saw Professor Dumbledore with his jaw nearly to the floor, after all.

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

A/N: Its been far too long since my last update, so this is where this chapter ends. I am ever so sorry about the wait, and will try my best to update this again ASAP. And THANK YOU! to all my reviewers!