Unofficial Portkey Archive

Egyptian Fire by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Egyptian Fire

gypsybaby21

Author Note: This chapter (which is part B) continues DIRECTLY after part A.

Previously:

Ginny knew why he was laughing. He was laughing at her. Merlin, how could I be so gullible, she whimpered to herself.

He was just screwing with me to make me angry; he doesn't know how I feel. Please don't let him know. I don't think I could handle that humiliation.

She bit her bottom lip hard to keep it from trembling and reached for the piece of paper.

Chapter Four B: The Egyptian Warrior


"The Bottle Spell? Why would Professor Snape need to neutralize someone's power?" Ginny wondered out loud.

"Do the assignment in silence," Malfoy sighed, flipping another page to his book. "Oh, and Snape's out of Orris Root so you'll have to use Oak Moss. Here's your black ink," he added, rummaging through a drawer and producing a clear bottle with black ink.

"Why do I need an amethyst stone?"

Malfoy clucked his tongue. "Did you miss Gemstone Magic 101?"

"Huh?"

"Amethyst is a gem used for protection, so in case you screw up, it'll protect you from the potion's effects," Malfoy informed, his voice snappy. "Snape has already spelled it to protect you. Just put it in your pocket and make sure your sorry excuse for a uniform doesn't have any holes. I'm not about to get into trouble for your incompetence. If you haven't noticed yet, a spell needs to be performed to activate the potion. He's already made the word substitutions from what was originally supposed to be said. He's practically doing the work for you!" he scoffed.

Ginny licked her lips and walked towards the supply cabinet, grabbing black thread, a bottle with a cork, a white candle, oak moss, sea salt, black powdered iron, and frankincense.

She gathered all the ingredients into her arms and went towards the desk, setting everything down. She reached for the abalone shell that had been provided by the Professor, and placed it in front of her. She then started to add all of the dry ingredients into the cauldron, four tablespoons of everything.

"Write the spell on a piece of this parchment, place it in the abalone shell and burn it to ashes, then mix it with the other ingredients," she read softly to herself. "Pour the dry ingredients into the bottle…"

"No matter how softly you speak, Weasley, I'm still going to hear your voice," Malfoy muttered.

"Sorry," she mumbled as she ripped a piece of the parchment that had the ingredients on it and started to write the spell. Ginny started to slowly say the spell allowed. "I neutralize the power of evil in this person…" as she continued saying it, she rolled the piece of paper up and tied the black thread around it, then placed it in the abalone shell. She then took the candle and bent the flame towards the bowl.

She poured everything else into the abalone shell, meshing it together with the crystal mixture wand. Ginny then took the cork off the bottle, poured the ingredients into it, dripped the white wax of the candle against the bottom of the cork and then sealing the magic of the spell inside.

The moment Ginny had sealed it; the ingredients instantly became a light purplish liquid. "So it worked?" she called towards Malfoy.

"Is it a light purple liquid?" he asked without looking up, his feet still lazily resting on top of the desk.

"Yes."

"Then it's right. Put in the cupboard on the shelf labeled 'mini potions'. I hope you'll be able to find the sub category easily."

Ginny nodded and walked towards the storage cupboard for completed potions and opened it.

Mini Potions: Binding Potions for Emergencies, the sign read.

"There-what?" Ginny cried out. "There are so many of them," she blurted, her eyes traveling over the miniature clear bottles, with a light purple potion in them.

"I know."

"Well why?" she asked, putting the bottle in place and then turning to put her hands on her hips.

"What I gather is that Determinatio doesn't always work to bind ones power."

"Why would anyone want to do such a thing?" Ginny gasped in horror, her jaw dropping and her hand coming to her chest.

He finally looked up at her, frowning. "What do you think? For the people who abuse their powers, or for the ones that are too powerful for their own good."

"Oh, okay. I guess that makes sense, well--'bye," Ginny said and started for the door.

"Whoa, Weasley, you didn't really think your detention was going to be that easy, did you?"

Ginny sighed. Of course she thought it, she'd just assumed she'd gotten it easy. "What else do I have to do?"

"Well, your detention is for two hours, you've been here for a mere thirty minutes. There's a lot we could do in an hour and a half."

"Snape doesn't have anything else for me to do?"

Malfoy shook his head. "That's why he left it up to me to finish out your punishment. Truth be told I was kind of hoping you'd finish that potion a little sooner than you did, but obviously I was expecting too much out of you."

Ginny sighed and bowed her head, twiddling her fingers together.

"Why don't you tell me what we should do? You're the one with the visions."

"It doesn't work that way, Malfoy," Ginny snapped at him, highly irritated that he'd brought up a subject still tender to her.

She'd never get used to the fact that people know her secret.

"Well, here's the thing. There's a party in my common room, one that I had planned on going to, but I got stuck doing this-"

"It's your fault I'm here, anyway. You shouldn't have been fighting with Ron and if you hadn't been doing that, your bint of a girlfriend wouldn't have tried anything. I wouldn't have had to get medieval on her arse in the first place and Snape wouldn't have seen it."

Malfoy grinned slowly, raising a hand so that his thumb could stroke the side of his face. "Medieval on her arse? I've never heard that one before. As I was saying, I got stuck doing this. So you can serve your detention in my common room at the party as my servant for the time."

"Are you kidding me?" Ginny snapped. "I wouldn't be caught-"

"Do you really want to spend a Friday night cleaning dirty cauldrons?" he asked, waving his hand to the right corner where the illusion of thousands of dirty cauldrons magically appeared.

You would be able to look at Malfoy without having to sneak and you'd get to touch him without an excuse, Ginny thought to herself. If Ron ever found out about this crush, he would kill me--and I'd deserve it.

Malfoy dropped his feet to the ground, stood up, and sauntered towards her. "Well? What do you say?"

****

The Slytherin Common room was definitely more elegant and clean-cut than the Gryffindor one.

"Would you like a drink?" an unknown Slytherin asked.

Ginny blinked at the nice tone in the boy's voice. Does he know who I am? she wondered. "Um, sure, thank you."

She smiled gently at him, reaching for the cup and holding it in both of her hands. She glanced down. "What is this, a different coloured version of pumpkin juice?" she asked as she raised the glass to her lips.

Malfoy's eyes widened slightly, he opened his mouth, and raised a finger as if he were going to say something important then decided against it. A smirk slowly started to pull at the right side of his mouth.

When the liquid hit Ginny's tongue, her eyes widened. The taste was absolutely horrible and her first instinct had been to spit it out, but that would cause a scene and Malfoy most likely would have scolded her. So instead she clamped her eyes shut and forced herself to swallow it.

She instantly gagged and shivered as it went down, scorching her throat. "Bleh!" she groaned, shaking herself. "Oh, that burns. What is this?"

Malfoy smirked and nonchalantly took the drink out of her hands, bringing it up to his lips to take a quick drink. "Firewhiskey," he said casually, "which means you might get a little tipsy from that big gulp that you took. Idiot child," he added. "You do not gulp, you sip silently."

Ginny sucked her lower lip into her mouth nervously. "Sorry," she whispered.

He sighed and then reached for another glass, handing it to her. "This is pumpkin juice."

It just amazed her how he could be gentle and a jack arse at the same time. Ginny grimaced as she suddenly saw Pansy coming. Could this night get any worse?

Pansy glared at her as she took Malfoy's hand. "Speaking of ugly…"

Ginny snorted. Pansy hadn't been speaking about anything, just glaring.

"Pansy, don't tell me you've forgotten what happened this afternoon," Malfoy spoke softly next to her ear.

Pansy tossed her head in arrogance. "It's not my fault that she's a freak."

"Oh and it's my fault?" Ginny asked, feeling anger rise like bitter bile in her throat.

"Well-" Pansy started.

"You know I didn't ask for this. I didn't get it by signing up for it or paying for it."

"Well, definitely not by paying," Pansy snapped.

"I wasn't placed in a damn line and given the options for it. I never volunteered for headachy visions of other people's pain. I didn't ask get speared by a dragon, or knocked unconscious when one vision was a little too vivid. I'd give it away in a second if I could. So don't you dare call me a freak when you have no idea what I go through every single minute!" Ginny said, the last part spoken through gritted teeth.

Ginny flinched as she felt that familiar tickle in her fingertips. Why now? Ginny asked herself. I don't need to have a vision now.

Share it with her.

"What?" Ginny asked aloud.

Pansy gave her an 'oh please' stare. "I said I feel so sorry for you," she snorted sarcastically. "Maybe if you told me how it felt-" she started.

Grab the girl's hand and share it with her.

What the hell? Ginny thought, just as she felt herself starting to flinch backwards, she unconsciously reached for Pansy's hand.

"Hey!" Pansy cried out and the last thing that Ginny heard was a muffled scream.

*****

Draco frowned as he watched Weasley grab Pansy's hand. His facial expression deepened when he saw the looks on both of their faces. Weasley had stiffened, her head turning sideways, her cheek crashing to her right shoulder, and her eyes closed. Pansy's mouth had dropped open, her eyes wide with shock and a little bit of pain. Tears streamed down her face, and it looked as if she were staring at the ceiling, but not really seeing it.

It seemed to last for about a minute before a blue lightning bolt flashed and boomed between their hands, sending Pansy crashing into the table of drinks.

"What the hell was that?" someone mumbled.

"Oh man, we need more drinks."

*****

"What the sodding hell did that bitch do to me?" Pansy cried out.

Ginny casually walked over to her and stopped directly in front of her. Her feet were spread slightly apart and her arms were folded behind her back.

There were tears in Pansy's eyes, as she looked up, still sprawled on the floor.

Ginny, staring down at her, spoke with menace. "How does it feel, bitch?" Not waiting for a response she turned to Malfoy. "I would rather clean the cauldrons," she snapped at him, and then stormed towards the picture, with wide strides and swinging arms.

"Where are you going, Draco?" Ginny dimly heard Pansy's quivering voice call.

"She still has an hour of detention. I'm not going to get in trouble for not being there."

*****

Ginny stormed down the halls of the dungeon. Thankfully, the Potions' room wasn't too far away.

"Hey, Weasley, wait," Malfoy called, sounding somewhat breathlessly.

Don't you dare wait for him Ginny, she yelled at herself, but still she found her feet standing still.

Malfoy elegantly jogged up to her. Hmm, only a Malfoy could jog elegantly. "So, what'd you see?"

Ginny scoffed and adjusted her robes. "That's none of your business."

"Oh come on, what could it hurt to tell me?" he cajoled, giving a boyish grin that Ginny had noticed he did a few days ago.

He doesn't even know he does it! Ginny thought tenderly. I am pathetic.

"There was a lot of blood, so much that the smell was overpowering. It looked like a small massacre. There was too much blood and guts to be able to tell who they were, --well, are. It's one of those visions where I can't do anything."

Malfoy frowned. "Why do you get visions that you can't help with?"

"Hmm," Ginny smiled sadly, glancing down at her hands. "That's what I keep wondering."

Ginny started walking towards the Potions room.

"Hey Weasley, do you want to just go to your dorm and say that your detention's over?"

Draco watched as she stopped walking and slowly turned. He couldn't help thinking how innocently beautiful she looked with her red hair draped in front of her eyes.

"Why would you do that?" she asked, and then rolled her eyes. "Oh right, your party."

"No, though it helps my reasoning. It wasn't your fault. You shouldn't have gotten that detention," he answered gently.

She sucked her bottom lip again, nervous habit he'd concluded, and then slowly smiled. "You have a soft spot for me, huh?" she asked.

Oh man, oh man. Ginny, did you just say what I think you said?

Draco blinked. What the hell did she just say to me? "What? Don't be ridiculous."

Ginny slowly walked towards. What are you doing legs? Ginny cried softly in her head. "You have a soft spot for me, don't you?"

"I have no such thing," he said incredulously.

"You do, I can see it in your eyes. I could see it in your eyes when you gave me the pumpkin juice, too," she smiled happily, walking closer towards him. "Draco, I want to kiss you."

He started backing up. "Do not call me Draco--wait, what?" he asked, surprised and then grunted as he ran into a statue.

Ginny stood up on her tiptoes, fisting her hands in his school shirt to pull him down the rest of the way.

Merlin was he tall.

She turned her head and gently put her lips to his. Ginny jumped as she felt his hands slide to her thighs, resting directly beneath her buttocks before pulling her a little closer.

Ginny gasped as she felt him gently squeeze her arse and she quickly pulled away. "Hands, hands!"

"What?" Draco asked surprised.

"Your hands were on my-" she stopped and frowned.

Draco licked his lips and chuckled softly. "Yeah, and?"

"I just wanted to kiss you. I didn't want you to grope me!"

Draco gasped, his eyes widened with disbelief and amusement. "There was no groping."

Ginny nodded. "There was some groping."

"Okay, maybe there was a little, but you liked it, didn't you?"

"Well I-" Ginny started getting flustered.

"That's what I thought. You have a little crush, don't you?" Draco asked, wanting to play the same game on her as she had on him.

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Admit it, Weasley. You like me against your better judgment and you fantasize about doing things to my hot body," he breathed against her cheek.

Ginny gasped and pushed him away, running down the hall. She cringed as she heard the sound of his laughter following her.

What was she going to do now? She wondered as she continued up the stairs. "Tomorrow will be rather interesting," she mumbled.

To Be Continued…

[The entire line down the center of his tongue] and then continues to here [against the roof of his mouth.] ~ Entire scene belongs to Sherrilyn Kenyon(Part A)

"What the freaking hell did that bitch do to me?" ~ Glory from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Episode: The Gift (100th)

"Hands, hands," ~Willow, from Buffy the Vampire slayer, Episode: Doppelgangland