Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Path Of Pantheria by TheMissingPotter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Path Of Pantheria

TheMissingPotter

Harry anxiously paced his small bedroom as the second hand on his clock crept slowly along. There were only a few minutes left before he would be able to leave the Dursley's for good. Hedwig sat perched on the headboard of his bed, watching as her master kept walking around making sure everything was tucked away in the trunk.

Harry nearly jumped out of his skin when the alarm on his watch beeped. He was now 17 and soon the Weasley's would come for him. Carefully he pushed open his window, wincing slightly when a soft creak come from the wood. He got it all the way open and heard Hedwig let out a quiet hoot. He looked over at her and laughed.

"Ok, Ok. You can go," He watched as she flew out over the houses, slowly disappearing in the cold night. Something in the shadows caught his eyes, making him poke his head out of the window. He stared hard at it, trying to figure out what was out there. His cousin was asleep; he could still hear him snoring in the next room. It emerged from the dark and Harry had to keep from gasping, it was some huge animal on all fours.

"Sirius?" Harry gasped straining his eyes. The thing slipped in a taller form, a human shape and whoever it was, was wearing a hooded cape. Harry flew back into his room and dove for his wand. Death eaters were here! In his neighborhood! Though he had never cared for Little Whinging but that didn't matter. He raced back to the window and peered out, the figure was still there but now it was looking up at his window. Harry pointed his wand at it and was about to cast a hex when he heard a loud pop from behind him. The figure slipped down into the animal form and took off as if it had heard the noise. He spun around quickly and regretted it, the side of his head smacked hard into his window stifling out a cry of pain.

"Oy Harry you alright?" a familiar amused voice called out. Harry slipped back into the room slowly to see his red haired friend trying really hard to not laugh. Harry rubbed his head and slumped down on his bed.

"Yeah…I'm fine. Thought I saw something out there…wait, what are you doing here? I thought your dad was coming to collect me?" Harry asked looking up at him tiredly. He was overjoyed seeing his friend again but he couldn't get what he had seen outside. Was it really Sirius? If it was why hadn't he just make himself known? He knew exactly why as he sat there thinking about it. If Voldemort or any of the other death eaters knew that he had survived they would make it their one priority to hunt him down.

"Some business going down at the ministry I'm guessing, he asked me to come and get you. And don't worry! I've been practicing!" Ron grinned proudly. Harry had to laugh. He remembered all to well that the last time he had seen Ron try and apparate he had left his eyebrow back in the circle.

"Alright alright, I believe you!" Harry laughed and froze when he heard a bed squeak. Harry quickly scanned his room one more time before shoving the lid down on his trunk.

"So…have you decided what you were gonna do about Grimmauld Place?" Ron asked softly sitting down on the bed. Harry paused and stared at the wall. That was the last thing he wanted to think about. He didn't want to sell it because god knows who would try and buy it. That...and it was from Sirius, he gave it to him to take care of and to live in.

"I don't know…probably live in it once the war is over? I'm not sure…"Harry murmured sitting down next to him. Ron nodded and ran his hand through his hair. To be honest, he wanted to move into a brand new loft with his two best friends. To be away from the wizarding world for a little while at least.

`We should get going now, before we wake up your aunt and uncle…unless…"

"Ron, I really don't think I want face the wrath that is known as your mother if she found out we played a prank on them," Harry laughed and got up. Ron joined in and made his way over to the trunk. Harry grabbed a hold of Ron's shoulder and without warning he felt the familiar pressure surround his head and nearly fell over when they appeared in front of the Burrow. Before he could even recover someone was grabbing his shoulder from behind and hugged him tightly once he was facing the person who had grabbed him. He felt the bushy hair tickle his nose and he knew on instant who it was. His other best friend Hermione had her arms around his waist in one of her huge hugs and he smiled brightly. Out of everyone, she was the one he missed the most. When his brain finally made up with the rest of his body he finally wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back.

"Oh Harry I missed you!" She cried and moved her arms up and around his neck, allowing his arms to wrap around her tighter. She had grown practically over night, she wasn't that much shorter than him anymore, he could comfortably rest his chin on the top of her head. That and…other parts of her had grown as well he realized when she pressed her body against his. His breath caught in his throat and he tried so hard to not make it obvious that he had just thought about her breasts.

"I…missed you too Hermione…you got taller," he cleared his throat and took in a deep breath, stopping short when he caught a foreign scent. It was a mixture of vanilla and something softer, almost dense compared to the other, she moved her head a bit and he caught the other scent. It was Lavender…one of his favorite smells…which of course he kept privately to himself.

"It's so good to see you! I know it hasn't been that long but I was so worried about you!" She smiled and pulled away. He was so glad to see her smile like that, relieved that she hadn't caught his nervousness. He looked down at her and that was a mistake. She was wearing the most unHermione thing he had ever seen; it was even more than her Yule ball gown. She had on a tight button up the front dark green shirt that had the first two buttons undone. At his height he could clearly see what definitely had grown. Harry blushed and smiled back at her, glancing up at Ron who was giving him a knowing smirk.

"I'm fine Hermione, really…how is everyone else?" Harry asked trying to not really look at her. She shrugged; completely unfazed with the way he was acting around her.

"Oh they're fine. Professor…I mean Remus is with Tonks doing their rounds like usual…the twins are here as well as all the other Weasley's…except for Percy of course," Hermione explained. Harry nodded and heard someone cry out from the house. He turned and laughed when he saw not only Mrs. Weasley but also the twins running out of the house towards him. Fred and George got to him first of course and he received two slaps on the back from each of them.

"Harry my boy, we have some thing to talk to you about!" Fred exclaimed grinning hugely at him. That smile made him a bit uneasy. The twins were famous for surprises.

"Oh honestly you two, let the boy have some air! He just got here for Merlin's sake! Harry dear, come inside. You look tired," she said and began to pull him inside. Harry looked at his friends over his shoulder and caught Hermione looking at him a bit sadly, which was really odd to him. Why would she look sad? She really did worry about him too much. He followed Mrs. Weasley up to Ron's room and collapsed on top of the mattress that they had lain out for him. He must have been as tired as Molly had said because the instant he hit the pillow he was out.

*********************************

Her eyes never left him, watching every move he made, every gesture. There was no doubt in her mind anymore. All she would have to do was wait, be patient for a just a little longer. She gripped the rough bark of the tree that hid her when Harry and the red head went back inside the house. She knew he would be safe but worry over rode her, making it near impossible to rest.

An owl hooted overhead and she looked up to see the snowy while owl flutter down on a low tree branch. A small letter clutched in her talons. She grabbed it gently and held up a small piece of sweet bread to the owl's beak.

"Priori Incantatem!" she whispered waving her hand over the letter. A soft green mist billowed out of the letter and she dropped it to the ground quickly. "Deletrius!" She hissed waving her hand above the letter again. The green mist evaporated quickly and she took a deep breath. She looked up at the house again and saw the light where she figured Harry was, go out. He was safe, for now anyway.

************************************************************************

Harry shot up in bed breathing heavily, his entire body was covered in sweat. The dream he had still coursing through his brain. It was the war and the final battle between Harry and Voldemort. Hermione and Ron had fallen but yet, Harry still had hope, knowing that with some miracle, he would beat him for good. Something unforeseen slipped into his very own being and that's when he was pushed out of the dream. He looked around as his breathing began to slowly calm itself.

"Harry?" A soft voice called out from the other side of the door. Harry rubbed his aching forehead and searched for his glasses.

"Come in," He called out and bent down to scoop up his glasses from the floor. He pulled them on and turned to see Hermione in her nightgown slip into his room. He swallowed hard and tried his hardest to not stare at her.

"Are you alright? I heard you…" She stopped short when she studied his face. She hurried over to him and sat on the bed.

"You heard me?" Harry questioned scratching his head. The dream was pretty intense but he had no idea that he was actually saying anything out loud. She nodded and gently took his hand into her own. They were so small, much to delicate to be fighting next to him in this war. No matter how hard he tried though, she wouldn't let him talk her out of being next to him.

"Yeah…I thought maybe I was hearing things but then you called out my name…I had to see if you were alright…" She whispered her cheeks slightly turning red. He smiled and squeezed her hand. That was his Hermione, always investigating, always running to make sure he was all right.

"I was just dreaming…you and Ron both had fallen. Something happened though, like something entered me and made me stronger…I woke up before I could find out what it was," He laughed. She nodded her head and moved to sit next to him, their hands still clasped together tightly. He reached over and pulled the covers over her bare legs, not wanting her to get cold.

"You were calling for someone else too…but it wasn't Ron," she said looking up at him. Harry frowned and tried to recall anyone else who was in his dream. There was no one, only his two best friends.

"I don't know who it could be though. Thank you…for coming in though," He smiled. She nodded and gave his hand one more squeeze before slipping out of his bed. He held fast onto her hand, he didn't want her to leave. Being alone was the farthest thing on his mind and she was the only person he could handle at that moment. She looked at him over her shoulder as he started to pull her back on the bed.

"Harry, I should go back to my room…"

" I can't be alone right now…please?" He pleaded knowing full well she wouldn't be able to say no. She cared about him far too much. Which, in a normal circumstance would bother him because she was supposed to be with Ron. At that moment, she was his. She playfully rolled her eyes at him before crawling back under the covers. He wrapped his arms protectively around her and yawned, smiling when he felt her relax against him.


-->