Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Path Of Pantheria by TheMissingPotter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Path Of Pantheria

TheMissingPotter

Chapter 7

She was going to kill them. First she would scream at them until they cried and then kill them. She over slept, on the first day! She swerved quickly through the halls trying to reach McGonagall's class before she was extremely late. She had woken up with a start nearly screaming when she saw the clock. The girls in her room snickered as she tore her side of the room apart trying to get ready. The boys probably figured that she was already there waiting for them. They should have known that they were going to walk together on the first day.

"Oh god I am so sorry!" Hermione yelped as she collided right into someone while turning the corner. Her books clattered to floor as well as the other persons.

"You clumsy little mud blood!" Pansy's voice screeched out. Hermione stifled a groan and pushed her hair behind her ears. This day was just getting better and better. She bent down and handed Pansy one of her books but she slapped her hand away, sending the book flying down the hall.

"You're making me late to my class!" She yelled pushing Hermione out of the way. She gasped and fell back, hitting her wrist on the stone floor.

"I was only trying to help!" she winced rubbing her wrist.

"I don't need help from disgusting little rats like you Granger," Pansy hissed snatching up the last of her books.

"At least I'm not pathetic like you and trying to get some greasy haired ferret to like me," Hermione muttered.

"How dare you!" She screamed flinging her wand out right at Hermione's chest. Hermione had only a second to register what was happening when a red spark flew out of the end of Pansy's wand. A strong hand grabbed her arm and yanked her out of the way just before it would have hit her. Her heart was pounding to so fast she didn't even look up to see who had grabbed her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!" he shouted pulling Hermione behind him.

"She insulted you…and you're mad at me?" Pansy said confused. Hermione snapped out of the daze and pulled away to see who was shielding her.

"You tried to curse her Pansy, that doesn't justify her calling me a ferret, especially when it's the truth," Draco said staring at Pansy. Hermione felt sick, she was so confused. Draco was sticking up for her, he was protecting her from Pansy…his girlfriend.

"….are you feeling alright Draco? You're helping the same person who you've helped pick on for the past 6 years!"

"Things change, and so do people. Just get out of here, go!" Draco yelled. Pansy stared at him hurt before walking quickly away from them. Hermione backed away from him quickly, wondering if he was just playing and was really waiting for Pansy to leave.

"Are you ok?" He asked turning to look at her. Hermione didn't know what to say, she just stood there staring at him. There wasn't the usual sneer on his face but a look of genuine caring.

"Yeah…I think so…what was that all about?" she managed to say. He shrugged his shoulders and rubbed the back of his neck.

"She's always been a bit off her rocker," he said softly.

"No I mean you…you actually helped me."

"I know. I've changed…and things are going to be different from now on."

"Are you serious?" She asked staring at him in shock. This was not Draco Malfoy…he had to be under the Imperious Curse or something. Someone was making him act differently.

"Very…I'm so sorry for the things that I did to you and put you through. It may not mean much to you right now, but hopefully soon you'll see how serious I am," He said looking dead into her eyes. Hermione swallowed and felt herself relax a bit. Was this why Harry had been acting weird on the train?

"Hermione! There you are! Are you alright?" Harry asked running up to her. Hermione jumped when she heard his voice and nodded, trying to calm her nerves.

"Pansy attacked her," Draco said stepping away from them a bit. Harry looked up at him and glared. He wrapped his arms protectively around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She of course didn't mind, it was rare that she got to be this close to him for no reason.

"Just stay away from her Malfoy," he threatened before pulling her away quickly. She glanced over at her shoulder at Draco for a moment, still trying to figure out whether or not he was telling the truth. She leaned against Harry as they walked, feeling a lot better now.

"We got so worried when you didn't show up, Professor McGonagall had us come and look for you," He said softly slowing down his pace. She nodded a bit and kept her eyes down, concentrating on what Draco had said and the expressions on his face. When Viktor had been entranced his eyes had been glazed over. Draco's were clear and seemed so determined.

"Did he do anything to you?" He stopped walking and looked down at her.

"No…I was running late and I ran into Pansy, quite literally actually. She tried to curse me but Draco pulled me out of the way," she replied finally looking up at him.

"He was telling the truth?" He asked looking just as shocked as she felt earlier.

"Yeah…for once…come on let's just get to class," she said quickly and grabbed his arm, pulling him along.


-->